Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,126 comments
RE: 512S Coda Lunga.
preview.jpg

DON'T PANIC

Hello everyone. I have a question. If I want to modify the ksambient, ksdiffuse and ksespecualr values of the single track tarmac, instead of doing it directly in the KN5 file, can it be done by using an ext_config.ini file? And if it is possible, what would be the name of the parameters that should be included in the file? I really appreciate if you can help me ...

The 512M and 512S from PC2 aren't, I don't believe.
  • The 512 BBLM is, converted from Forza.
  • The 512M being the 1971 model (Ferrari say 1970 because it only raced once for the works team at Zeltwig* in late 1970, but it's the '71 car that was run by privateers really).
  • The 512S in PC2 being the 'Coda Lunga' version with the extended bodywork, which I think only raced at Le Mans 1970 (thus seen in the Le Mans movie) - the existing versions of the model are the Forza 'Coda Corta' short tail, which won at Sebring that year.

*Edit: Kyalami

The Ferrari 312PB CodaLunga from Le Mans 1973 could also be made from an existing one. Could you adapt the rear of the 512 CodaLunga, with the front of the 312PB, which we already have?

Hello everyone. I have a question. If I want to modify the ksambient, ksdiffuse and ksespecualr values of the single track tarmac, instead of doing it directly in the KN5 file, can it be done by using an ext_config.ini file? And if it is possible, what would be the name of the parameters that should be included in the file? I really appreciate if you can help me ...

Check Ilias blog there is a damn handy texture tool that opens only the textures and allows you to manipulate then inside the kn5, I usually use ext_config to test what combination i like then use the texture tool to copy the values into the kn5 to keep the ext-config clean. Open any config for the kudos track and look for [SHADER REPLACEMENT...] to see the structure for ext config

Edit tool link

https://ascobash.wordpress.com/2015/06/07/actools-kn5materials/

Last edited:
Hello! I don't really use to ask around for mods, but is there a mod for proper DRS rules in AI races? Currently every car can open their DRS in DRS zones regardless of distance from the car ahead and lap number.

I tested again last night with Shaun Clarke's BTCC and TMM Cupra TCR mods at 100% strength and aggression without a problem. My thought was then it has to be the ai of your cars, and was going to suggest what you have already found. Open the .acd file, open the ai.ini , and check the look_ahead setting. 25 is way too high.

If a car seems to behave unusually compared to cars that I know have good ai (the Kunos GT3's all work well), I will check look_ahead. If they are over shooting corners or slowing down abnormally fast, I will check brake and trail hints. In doing so however it may render the car unusable in on-line races (not sure as I'm a single player only).

thank you Kevin for your test, I modified the ai.ini file of WTCR 3.0 cars with the value 20 and there is no longer any problem, I looked on other mods the values are often close to 20 thank you for your help

What improvement is it? Please, if you have any changes regarding the Vhe_ tracks write me and we will try to integrate your work if it is worth it. If you make changes "ad minchiam" everything becomes dispersive. If you don't want to share, change the directory extension and mention the name in the conversion credits. I would like to avoid confusion with my converted tracks as I am still working on improving them further.

@Rainmaker87
Forgive me for the tone, I didn't mean to be offensive to you. But for example there has already been an AI revision in Hockenheim, and now we have a new road mesh. I'm still making some changes, but I don't have much time this week. If you want to collaborate in the future, get on board, you are welcome.

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to get the Audi R18 from PC2 to "work"? I've downloaded the files, and tried importing it into AC but the default paint material and its UV map are ****ed up on my end.

search anywhere for TrackIR (get the "pro" kits as it includes the wired IR, bought seperately they are $100 more expensive.)
That said the unwired one seems to work just as well, but, you need to clip it on a cap, and my strict upbringing makes me nervous wearing a hat indoors ;), cheapest i could find the combo (inside Aus) was here https://www.megabuy.com.au/naturalp...ker-ultra-pack-inc-trackclip-pro-p532943.html delivered the next day in Sydney.

EDIT: Also be aware there are many home made variants with opensource software you can build for under $50.. but, having tried them, they are crap. tracking drifts and reaction time is slow AF, and they also chew CPU cycles a lot more and fewer games support them properly, lots of hoops to jump.. I built this one, but it was garbage.

I use SmoothTrack, which is an Android/iOS app...

...smooth, no drift and low CPU usage. Worth trying as its £10

Last edited:
Hello! I don't really use to ask around for mods, but is there a mod for proper DRS rules in AI races? Currently every car can open their DRS in DRS zones regardless of distance from the car ahead and lap number.

Yep I've been wondering the same, but I don't think there's a mod to fix that (if it's even possible), sadly.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back