Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,390 comments
I use SmoothTrack, which is an Android/iOS app...

...smooth, no drift and low CPU usage. Worth trying as its £10

I dont have a spare mobile I can sacrifice at the moment for it but will look into it,

busy finishing up a custom pc telemetry display for the rig first and control 4 ARB strips from blue through red for cpu, gpu, ram usage etc etc. I was bored... starting writing it for my son who is on an RGB thing at the moment and his one will mount in his pc case, but decided to build another for my rig.

I wrote all the code to get all the details about whats happening on the PC and then send it to a 4D serial touch screen. mostly its done now, just building all the guages etc. Its been a fun project, especially learning a new language to write the screen.

pc software side
upload_2021-1-15_6-27-11.png

the hardware side. added cpu and gpu so far, will add RAM and fan control next.
upload_2021-1-15_6-25-6.png

Last edited:
I still haven't looked at the PC2 model, so i cannot weigh in on which is better yet. The GTS model in gamemodels is corrupted, full of holes and whatnot, but the GT6 is quite intact, i still had to source an engine, fuel lid, front headlights and some textures from other mods. The front headlights from GT6 are closed and i must open the body mesh, some textures give out inconsistencies, the underbody lacks detail, and the interior needs much sorting.
It would actually be cool if you could convert that Lamborghini Countach without the spoiler or any of the VGT/Gr.4/3/B fantasy cars as well since I love them all a lot.

Check Ilias blog there is a damn handy texture tool that opens only the textures and allows you to manipulate then inside the kn5, I usually use ext_config to test what combination i like then use the texture tool to copy the values into the kn5 to keep the ext-config clean. Open any config for the kudos track and look for [SHADER REPLACEMENT...] to see the structure for ext config

Edit tool link

https://ascobash.wordpress.com/2015/06/07/actools-kn5materials/
Thanks for the reply. That tool looks interesting. However, what I want is to modify the values using an ext_config file. In fact, to modify the values of the materials directly in the kn5 file of the track, I used a method that someone showed in this forum and that I think is much better and that consists of opening the track in the CM showroom (yes, like if it were a car) and once this is done, the modifications are seen in real time. But what I want is to do the moods without touching the original kn5. I'm going to try to follow your advice to look in some Kunos ext_config file.

Create an extension-file for a car with these lines, worked for me:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = windowglass
SHADER = ksWindscreen
Thanks, yeah - I've got an emergency extension folder saved on my desktop to cover such eventualities. It's a shame it's still needed in 2021 though.
Edit: aaaaaaand the glasses and hat are visible in first-person view and don't get picked up by the 'analyse' tool so can't be quickly fixed. Time for a full driver swap, I think.

Last edited:
@Masscot did you checked the latest repack? What are your thoughts?
Just tested it, seems to combine the best of both. Reboot Team could do with a credit for all the flying stuff.
:)
There's an alternative billboard skin that can be grabbed from the other track if you want it too.
Edit: ah, the new grass is only in the F1 skin folder? I thought you'd replaced it in the main kn5. If the F1 skin isn't selected the old crappy grass gets used.
Might be better to keep that as a separate grass skin, then it can be active with any of the other skins.

Edit: see below

Last edited:
browser:
Can someone please create new AI lines for this little test track? Autodromo Geraldo Backer - it is a super quick load to test cars but they keep hitting the walls

Nice pack! They still hit the wall. That's unfortunate.
Be sure to disable AI Improvements in CSP before troubleshooting AI

@Masscot did you checked the latest repack? What are your thoughts?
Backup the existing cm_skins folder and test these instead, it seems to make more sense doing it this way to eliminate duplication of DDS files:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g6qzrbtfs39cgxa/cm_skins.7z/file
- The new grass is in a separate skin, so can be used with any of the billboard skins (inc the default one)
- A new skin called 'Extras' has your new textures for road surfaces, carpets etc in so again, it can be used with any other skin (note, I renamed the dodgy DHL wall and Emirates fence with a XX_ prefix to stop them appearing as the mapping is borked, the default wall and fence look better. Ditto with the 150m brake marker which someone had given a Liqui Moly logo)
- F1 billboards and Alt billboards are in their separate folders. Use one or the other (or neither), never both at the same time.
- Grass and Extras can be active at the same time as each other and with any billboard

Just tested it, seems to combine the best of both. Reboot Team could do with a credit for all the flying stuff.
There's an alternative billboard skin that can be grabbed from the other track if you want it too.
Edit: ah, the new grass is only in the F1 skin folder? I thought you'd replaced it in the main kn5. If the F1 skin isn't selected the old crappy grass gets used.
Might be better to keep that as a separate grass skin, then it can be active with any of the other skins.
Thanks mate ;) that's the goal I'm trying to do.

I'll add The Reboot Team as well in the credits (thanks for the info).
I didn't know how to edit original textures... so I keep them in the skin (for the people who wants the old grass).

I don't know how to fine tune GrassFX & RainFX. Could it be possible for you guys to create the RainFX file?

Also I added the spectators thing but maybe I used the practice mode but there's no spectators on grandstands.

I'm talking about the 2nd (short a.k.a. Intermediate) Layout with Enver. It's in progress but there's some issues on the beta that I can't test it. It gave an error. So I'm waiting for the update.

if my memory serve me well, I think I remember that at one point we deleted all .DDS to save room in our disk, Am I correct?
As others have said: NO! Just .psd files.
You can also delete .backup files to save a lot of space from your car folders, these will mostly be huge duplicate kn5s automatically generated when you edit something in CM showroom.

Thanks mate ;) that's the goal I'm trying to do.

I'll add The Reboot Team as well in the credits (thanks for the info).
I didn't know how to edit original textures... so I keep them in the skin (for the people who wants the old grass).

I don't know how to fine tune GrassFX & RainFX. Could it be possible for you guys to create the RainFX file?

Also I added the spectators thing but maybe I used the practice mode but there's no spectators on grandstands.

I'm talking about the 2nd (short a.k.a. Intermediate) Layout with Enver. It's in progress but there's some issues on the beta that I can't test it. It gave an error. So I'm waiting for the update.
See my second post just above yours.

If you have the snow storm problem in the windscreen, try this:

"So you use content manager, go to the CM showroom, select the inner glass (very important to be the inner or it won't work) then click the three little dots next to the material, then click change value and make sure all the settings with "fresnel" in the name are set to 0. The fresnel effect is the culprit of the motion blur in many of the vehicles that have this problem, it worked on all the ones I've tried so far."

Well the Kunos BMW e30 Group A side windows for me are blurry, changed fresnel to 0 on them and its the same still..

I've done the skin liveries, completed the info on each one, and tossed a 1970 Regazzoni Le Mans's driver's skin & gloves.
Made an entirely new skin folder in case you want to go back for some reason.
Edit: Just realized I included my preview pics, keep that in mind! (sorry about that!)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x3pwa686v123xh8/%28skins%29_legion_ferrari_512m.rar/file

View attachment 984716

I did the same but I also got the chassis numbers of the cars @gergerger digged around on racing sports cars to get the cars

upload_2021-1-14_21-56-15.png

and also @Caddy_DPi the livery was revealed for the chip Ganassi :P
it's just the debut livery but with what (I'm surprised no one made the debut skin yet)
ErtSuumWMAEwTMZ.jpg

ErtY1T0XYAALBJh

Both of these are in the config already and both seem to be working fine.
There's one missing thing actually: The line on the road at the 2nd DRS zonr start (start/finish straight one). Can't be added unless scrambling inside the kn5s, right?

One more, if anybody wants to make the other 2 Turkish tracks, i can provide them the some other early stage development files.

İzmit Körfez Circuit (very very famous Turkish track, prob. oldest racing track in Turkey)
İzmir Ülkü Park (a lot of drift & drag activites are happenning on that)

both are very short tracks compared to the Istanbul Park and they could be very easy to the pros on here.

Official Track Drawing of KORFEZ CIRCUIT

Official Track Drawing of ULKU PARK
izmir-ulku-pisti-1.png

Last edited:
It's my own version of the famous Retrolux Studio Showroom.
It includes four distance to deal with any car's lenght.
You probably already know it, but files go into (...) Appdata\Local\Ac Tools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Previews
https://www.mediafire.com/file/65tfu35ngwlzibz/Retrolux_black.rar/file

About the shaders, I wouldn't know. Maybe I'm already doing it, I just don't know what the word "shader" means (language vagueness they call it) so I have nothing to relate it to.

Thanks you so much ! The preview looks amazing !

preview.jpg

Chivas has already made plans to make the new BRZ GT300 car:

upload_2021-1-15_8-27-12.png

On another note, The new Toyota GR010 hypercar has been announced, it looks like a LMP3 version of the TS050 and that is not a bad thing. I wonder how long before you mad lads managed to mod an entire LMH grid

wec-toyota-gr010-hybrid-unveil-10.jpg
toyota-gr010-hybrid-1.jpg
14b9915d07e87aefb0900a1146e5d9de.jpg

The Spiritual successor of the TS020 GT- ONE

Oh the future of Japanese race cars Hurrah!!

Chivas has already made plans to make the new BRZ GT300 car:

View attachment 984790

On another note, The new Toyota GR010 hypercar has been announced, it looks like a LMP3 version of the TS050 and that is not a bad thing. I wonder how long before you mad lads managed to mod an entire LMH grid

wec-toyota-gr010-hybrid-unveil-10.jpg
toyota-gr010-hybrid-1.jpg
14b9915d07e87aefb0900a1146e5d9de.jpg

The Spiritual successor of the TS020 GT- ONE

Oh the future of Japanese race cars Hurrah!!

WELL, it more looks like a DPi prototype (at least to me). :) Anyway, this car is NUTS!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back