Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,064 comments

Thank you so much. This is a nice quick loading track for testing. Really appreciate the help.

It's just a couple of ksAmbient tweaks in CM showroom, the main dashboard and fibreglass around the clocks. I think they're set at 0.2, try raising them to 0.4.
YMMV of course, it'll depend on weather, time of day, PP filter, screen settings etc etc etc. but I often find blacks are crushed in cockpits, killing detail.
Looks better to me with my settings in VR though.

Thank you. I’m using VR too and find these tips helpful.

Oops, after comparing, this is actually the AI files I have where the AI is hitting the wall. They are better than the original where they actually flipped out, but these are still driving through put wall and hitting outside wall.

Your disclaimer did read they are not perfect, so no judgement. Just asking if someone can improve so they don't hit the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chivas has already made plans to make the new BRZ GT300 car:

View attachment 984790

On another note, The new Toyota GR010 hypercar has been announced, it looks like a LMP3 version of the TS050 and that is not a bad thing. I wonder how long before you mad lads managed to mod an entire LMH grid

wec-toyota-gr010-hybrid-unveil-10.jpg
toyota-gr010-hybrid-1.jpg
14b9915d07e87aefb0900a1146e5d9de.jpg

The Spiritual successor of the TS020 GT- ONE

Oh the future of Japanese race cars Hurrah!!

Speaking of the LMH class, i've been trying to put together a "filler" class here and there for now. How does these sound for now?

Brabham BT62
Jaguar CX75R
Ferrari FXX K
McLaren Senna GTR
Aston Martin Vulcan Pro
MB Project One

I've run the BT62R and CC75R already a few months ago and they seemed well on pace for how the real class would. Several seconds faster than the GTs and several seconds slower than P2-1. I've had to gather the others through youtube videos, comparing hypercars and such.

View attachment 984790

On another note, The new Toyota GR010 hypercar has been announced, it looks like a LMP3 version of the TS050 and that is not a bad thing. I wonder how long before you mad lads managed to mod an entire LMH grid

Still struggling on why they decided to call it the GR010 instead of the TS060. I know it's obvious marketing for the Supra and the other GR road cars but it devalues the Toyota Prototype lineage.

There's one missing thing actually: The line on the road at the 2nd DRS zonr start (start/finish straight one). Can't be added unless scrambling inside the kn5s, right?

One more, if anybody wants to make the other 2 Turkish tracks, i can provide them the some other early stage development files.

İzmit Körfez Circuit (very very famous Turkish track, prob. oldest racing track in Turkey)
İzmir Ülkü Park (a lot of drift & drag activites are happenning on that)

both are very short tracks compared to the Istanbul Park and they could be very easy to the pros on here.

Official Track Drawing of KORFEZ CIRCUIT

Official Track Drawing of ULKU PARK
izmir-ulku-pisti-1.png

I'd like do give ULKU PARK a try. you have the model in fbx's?

New try.

I have a couple of cars, that need some work concerning physics and engine.

If you are young (more than 16 y.o.), if you like AC, like the exciting of modding, this job is for you! :lol:

All right, back to the serious post. If someone is interested, please PM me, I will provide the car/s and will explain what to do.

thank you.

Can someone please create new AI lines for this little test track? Autodromo Geraldo Backer - it is a super quick load to test cars but they keep hitting the walls

You dont need a new AI line, just some new sidelines. You can do this yourself with the AI line helper app. It just takes to drive around the track twice (one time for the left and one time for the right side line).

I have done it for you. Just remove the txt-ending from the 2 files and put them in the data dir of the track.

Ninjad by Frank25

Attachments

• side_r.csv.txt
    80.5 KB · Views: 26
  • side_l.csv.txt
    74 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

View attachment 984790

Someone needs to bring this beauty into AC! Looks sooooo good!

Does any have the BBS LMP wheel set broken down as a kn5 or multiple kn5s?
Same as on this car or the Kunos Ferrari 458 GT2.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 41

View attachment 984790

I would like to work on it, but only when we will have real race data from the first wec races.

You dont need a new AI line, just some new sidelines. You can do this yourself with the AI line helper app. It just takes to drive around the track twice (one time for the left and one time for the right side line).

I have done it for you. Just remove the txt-ending from the 2 files and put them in the data dir of the track.

Ninjad by Frank25

Super helpful advice. So I drive on the most left line and the most right line? I will check it out. Thanks for the files too.

Last edited:
Good morning all,
anyone know where I might find the Ningbo International Speedway (China) for WTCC and WTCR
Thanks

View attachment 984882

I also searched everywhere for my offline WTCR season. The only version that exists is from chinese modders Polycode (good quality). Unfortunately I was unable to buy it (huge price). So effectively we wait for someone to recreate that track. Would love to see it in AC

Last edited:
Speaking of the LMH class, i've been trying to put together a "filler" class here and there for now. How does these sound for now?

Brabham BT62
Jaguar CX75R
Ferrari FXX K
McLaren Senna GTR
Aston Martin Vulcan Pro
MB Project One

I've run the BT62R and CC75R already a few months ago and they seemed well on pace for how the real class would. Several seconds faster than the GTs and several seconds slower than P2-1. I've had to gather the others through youtube videos, comparing hypercars and such.

I started the same and added these:
upload_2021-1-15_8-19-8.png

While on the subject of LMHC - is anyone here capable of creating this skin for the Valkyerie? The car has potential but the skin and lack of AO looks like crap at ATM.

upload_2021-1-15_8-35-17.png

Last edited:
I've suddenly noticed a slightly darker shadow across the track, maybe 10m or so in front of the car, and it travels with the car. I'm guessing it might be to do with CSP Smart Shadows settings, as it disappears when Smart Shadows is deselected. My settings are at default, I think.
Anyone know for sure what might be causing this, how to get rid of it, and how to interpret what these settings actually do? Many thanks.

Capture.PNG

browser:
Can someone please create new AI lines for this little test track? Autodromo Geraldo Backer - it is a super quick load to test cars but they keep hitting the walls

Nice pack! They still hit the wall. That's unfortunate.

Thank you so much. This is a nice quick loading track for testing. Really appreciate the help.

Thank you. I’m using VR too and find these tips helpful.

Oops, after comparing, this is actually the AI files I have where the AI is hitting the wall. They are better than the original where they actually flipped out, but these are still driving through put wall and hitting outside wall.

Your disclaimer did read they are not perfect, so no judgement. Just asking if someone can improve so they don't hit the wall.

I don't entirely understand the problem you're both having. You say they hit the wall but I've just tested several car sets from 90-100% skill and 100% aggression and there's been no issue whatsoever with hitting any walls. The only issue I can see is that the AI struggle to get away from the starting grid in slower cars for some reason, both sides of the grid are within the track boundaries so I'm not sure why this happens or how to fix it.

Are you sure you installed both the AI lines and the sidelines provided in the download?

As evidence, here's a short video with 19 Ferrari F2004 AI cars driving the course with skill from 90-100% and 100% aggression. There are a couple of points where the cars get clumped and slow down early on, but otherwise there's a total of two crashes in 5 laps, which isn't half bad considering an F1 car is about the least suitable car to race in such a large pack on such a small circuit...

I've suddenly noticed a slightly darker shadow across the track, maybe 10m or so in front of the car, and it travels with the car. I'm guessing it might be to do with CSP Smart Shadows settings, as it disappears when Smart Shadows is deselected. My settings are at default, I think.
Anyone know for sure what might be causing this, how to get rid of it, and how to interpret what these settings actually do? Many thanks.

View attachment 984897
Looking forward to a solution for this. It is also e.g. fence shadow that travels together with you car. Take e.g. Watkins Glenn track. Yep AF is set at 16X if that make sense.

I don't entirely understand the problem you're both having. You say they hit the wall but I've just tested several car sets from 90-100% skill and 100% aggression and there's been no issue whatsoever with hitting any walls. The only issue I can see is that the AI struggle to get away from the starting grid in slower cars for some reason, both sides of the grid are within the track boundaries so I'm not sure why this happens or how to fix it.

Are you sure you installed both the AI lines and the sidelines provided in the download?

As evidence, here's a short video with 19 Ferrari F2004 AI cars driving the course with skill from 90-100% and 100% aggression. There are a couple of points where the cars get clumped and slow down early on, but otherwise there's a total of two crashes in 5 laps, which isn't half bad considering an F1 car is about the least suitable car to race in such a large pack on such a small circuit...

The problem may be I'm using street cars at 90% skill and 33% aggression.

PS: The new sidelines from @mrtomcat66 fixed it for me.

upload_2021-1-15_9-14-51.png

upload_2021-1-15_9-18-14.png

upload_2021-1-15_9-19-8.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back