Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,414 comments
hi! small correction, it only gets included should the modder want to, you have 2 options: encrypt just the kn5 or encrypt kn5 and checksum the .acd along with it so people cant change folder name, open data and modify the data.
Ah, thanks. I wonder if anyone has exercised that option? I imagine it's just easier and safer to do both.

Actually lovely looking model.

View attachment 985935
@DaBaeda thanks a lot for all the cams you've released!

If you ever have time would you mind creating a cam for Phoenix77's Pacific coast highway? I'm interested especially in the Northbound layout.
I assume you know which one I'm talking about but here's the link below just in case:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pacific-coast.12087/

Thanks in advance!

LA Canyons? (Or did I miss it?)

Praising? My position has always been that if encryption keeps mods public because that's the only way certain modders are prepared to release them, then we have to accept that. It's better than the alternative.
The whole point of my post was that some modders aren't taking the extra care and attention needed when releasing encrypted mods and are putting them out there with basic errors that the user can no longer fix. I never said that encryption will magically make mods better (how on earth could it?) and quite the opposite actually appears to be happening now, with unfixable broken mods popping up all over the place. And it's probably only going to get worse as more and more modders jump on the encryption bandwagon as wear it as some sort of badge of honour. On the one hand it'll make getting rid of mediocre mods easier, but on the other hand it can unfortunately make interesting mods unplayable if they have a game-breaking error that would normally be a two-minute fix.

Thanks pal. Assettoland have no barrier to entry so excellent mods and crappy mods both share the same space there. It seems all new non-payware mods get listed whether they're worthy or not. Admittedly, most of it is garbage but occasionally you'll find a diamond in the rough. I know about Crash's M4s and they're excellent, but (as said above) my post wasn't so much about those other 'new' M4s on Assettoland, it was more about how simple fixes or tweaks can no longer be performed by the user, even for personal use.
I agree. Lot's of mods can't even change to first gear... and it would be a simple fix in the engine rev limiter. But anyways. Life goes on. :)

From Fecebook...

Ty Williams

6zTRlzzrMzf.png

Visual Storyteller
· 2tdSponnssorhed ·

/////AMG Project-One\\\\\
Here's the start of a good mod, modders here you go and have fun. needs lots more improvement. has a temporary interior. physics are good lights need a bit more work but they function. The sound is SF70H. Feel free to modify give updates have fun!!!!!!!!!
Credits: MachNone, Mikto,
Franz Josef Rapp
Buja Gili
https://www.mediafire.com/.../aa_mercedes_amg.../file

141478177_2803541833193949_7771584460050268577_o.jpg

Hello

This mod still doesn't work even when starting a race

Man you're creating the cams faster then that I can try and enjoy them ;) The ones I've tested are great so I join the club of others who already thanked you for that. Thank you!

OffTopic...: I want to make some (e.g.) Nordschleife videos with weather changes, winter deem etc. Looks really amazing! But first a NVidia Shadowplay issue needs to be solved :mad: With my 32:9 5120*1440 monitor it is not possible to record in the right resolution. It is max 1080p which also causes a very dark YT video....OBS yeah I know but don't want to install/use 3rd party sw because Shadowplay worked previously.
Shadowplay is like that for ages. It seems Nvidia don't have the knowledge to fix it or they're short on interns to fix it. I gave up on it. Started to record using the screen recorder from windows 10. It work wonders.

Thanks pal. Assettoland have no barrier to entry so excellent mods and crappy mods both share the same space there. It seems all new non-payware mods get listed whether they're worthy or not. Admittedly, most of it is garbage but occasionally you'll find a diamond in the rough. I know about Crash's M4s and they're excellent, but (as said above) my post wasn't so much about those other 'new' M4s on Assettoland, it was more about how simple fixes or tweaks can no longer be performed by the user, even for personal use.

Authors of the good mods are happy to take feedback or bugs and fix them but a lot of the crappy mods are just copy paste jobs anyway so i doubt the authors know how to fix some of the problems you are having.

Authors of the good mods are happy to take feedback or bugs and fix them but a lot of the crappy mods are just copy paste jobs anyway so i doubt the authors know how to fix some of the problems you are having.

Not every mod has authors that could be contacted, and not all modders have the same skill level or even have the same workflow. Its very rare to see a converted mod gets the same full treatment to make it look kunos standard.

Impopular opinion ahead: To be honest, I'm glad conversions exist. Modding would be far more limited if only scratch made stuff was allowed. Many of my favourite mods are pretty well done conversions. But I said this in RaceDepartment and got pelted to death. :confused: I'm not disrespecting modders, I know this stuff is hard and takes time. But usually talented modders care about something specific. We need as much variety as possible IMO.

Not every mod has authors that could be contacted, and not all modders have the same skill level or even have the same workflow. Its very rare to see a converted mod gets the same full treatment to make it look kunos standard.

But it should. There's even a pipeline provided by Kunos so people can make cars to their standard. I get that mods are hard to make, but to just churn out crappy conversions that take 10 minutes, with copy paste physics is just lazy imo.
Look I could make a skin in 10 minutes but no one would want to use it on a car so why bother, if it takes me a week to make a skin, more people use it and are happy to do so. I don't know why the same rules don't apply to mods.

Impopular opinion ahead: To be honest, I'm glad conversions exist. Modding would be far more limited if only scratch made stuff was allowed. Many of my favourite mods are pretty well done conversions. But I said this in RaceDepartment and got pelted to death. :confused: I'm not disrespecting modders, I know this stuff is hard and takes time. But usually talented modders care about something specific. We need as much variety as possible IMO.

Modding is not hard, it's just very time consuming and there are a lot of steps to take and each requires a specific set of skills. Learning how to do each step and figuring out all the stages you need to go through without knowing what is needed to do is the hard part. There are no tutorials out there that can teach you everything.

But it should. There's even a pipeline provided by Kunos so people can make cars to their standard. I get that mods are hard to make, but to just churn out crappy conversions that take 10 minutes, with copy paste physics is just lazy imo.
Look I could make a skin in 10 minutes but no one would want to use it on a car so why bother, if it takes me a week to make a skin, more people use it and are happy to do so. I don't know why the same rules don't apply to mods.

Most people just want the reward of the car being in-game. Time is spent on prepping the 3D model. The rest of the workflow needs the same amount of time regardless of a good or bad mod.

I agree to a degree.
What we get now is very vocal people, on for example here, very vocal about encryption and why it matters, and vocal people against spreading links for car around and sharing paid content and discord content...

Yet go on another forum and the same people can be found grasping at free paid mods and all sorts ...including some who lock away their own stuff behind patreon....

I've said it a million times, if you are happy to rip cars from GT2 or Turn 10 or whoever, fine.... if you then deicide to get narky about someone ripping your rip so you use encryption...you are a hypocrite....

You are welcome to do it, but any arguing against why you are a hypocrite is futile.... it is a clear, fact....

I don't care who encrypts, i am bothered when they try to justify why they do it to stuff they themselves ripped of someone else...

Do it and just admit you are a hypocrite.

had Kunos done what race room do, we'd not be here now in this thread....

The fact i can take any kunos car and alter it, is good from a modding perspective .... the fact we can't alter a ripped encryption mod for even the most simple of things is bad...

We can't even take a look at it in the showroom FFS...

Last edited:
I don't defend encryption at all. In fact I despise it. The very first thing I do after downloading any car mod is checking it on the showroom to see the quality of the model. Encrypted stuff doesn't even let you do that. And sometimes I like to make small modifications for my personal use, but some are deeply offended by this idea for some reason.

Ok as usual we're all just going in circles yet again, encryption = bad / encryption = good. That sums it up to me. This topic will get discussed till the end of time but it's not gonna go away so I'm not gonna get involved anymore as it's boring now.

On a different note here's something I've been working on for the little Ape that just got released.

I was hoping to make it exactly like Loris rosati's mad thing but am having problems getting the logo to look right so went with the Lightning Mcqueen skin.

Edit: Changed the mouth to more resemble Lightning Mcqueen's.

__custom_showroom_1611250743.png

Last edited:

I completely agree.

Yeah on RaceDepartment there seems to be some sort of death cult that goes and witch hunts everyone who posts content on there to make 100% sure that whatever's been posted is scratch made to the smallest pixel. It's part of that website's policy to not have potentially copywritten content hosted on it, which is fair enough. That's how GTPlanet gets around those problems, this website doesn't actually host any files, just the links to the external resources. Somehow to these users, RaceDepartment's policy has morphed from not just that website, but any ripped content anywhere that isn't scratch made for each individual game is the devil.

I think Fat Alfie is particularly notorious towards things he thinks have been ripped. He acts downright abusive towards people who look to be posting things that might not be 100% theirs. He's been wrong about it in the past and has looked like a real loser personally attacking other modders who put in as much work as he does.

Last edited:
Ok as usual we're all just going in circles yet again, encryption = bad / encryption = good. That sums it up to me. This topic will get discussed till the end of time but it's not gonna go away so I'm not gonna get involved anymore as it's boring now.

On a different note here's something I've been working on for the little Ape that just got released.

I was hoping to make it exactly like Loris rosati's mad thing but am having problems getting the logo to look right so went with the Lightning Mcqueen skin.

View attachment 986183
WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO TIRES?

Guys and girls, we get it, you hate a lot of things and encryption in particular, can you please, go to a different thread to express your anger and frustration and leave this one for what it is about, sharing mods and tips on how to improve them.
Thank you so much in advance.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Guys and girls, we get it, you hate a lot of things and encryption in particular, can you please, go to a different thread to express your anger and frustration and leave this one for what it is about, sharing mods and tips on how to improve them.
Thank you so much in advance.:gtpflag:
THIS.

had Kunos done what race room do, we'd not be here now in this thread....
The fact i can take any kunos car and alter it, is good from a modding perspective .... the fact we can't alter a ripped encryption mod for even the most simple of things is bad...
We can't even take a look at it in the showroom FFS...
Huh? Kunos cars are encrypted. What do you think data.acd is? The only reason you "can take any Kunos car and alter it" is because the encryption got broken by the modding community and you can now unpack the data and decrypt the kn5. There's no 'unpack data' button in vanilla AC, that got added in Content Manager.
Kunos didn't want their own cars being opened up and butchered in Assetto Corsa, they instead provided a means for scratch-built cars and tracks to be added as user-generated content.

Last edited:
2019 Nordschleife well-beiing package

- added 2019 brandings around the track (the Hyundai ads on start/finish look **** due to Kunos bad texture assets)
- darkened the grass and vegetation
- removed AC scrittles from the track
- added crowd sounds and some techno music around the whole track (hear it at Hatzenbach, Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz, Pflanzgarten & Ferris Wheel)
- added campfires and torches

View attachment 937311
View attachment 937312
View attachment 937313
View attachment 937317
View attachment 937314
upload_2020-7-4_12-39-27-png.937303

upload_2020-7-4_11-16-12-png.937291

Extract the .rar into your ks_nordschleife folder. Works also with ks_nurburgring.

Thanks to @B_Isak who brought this to my attention! It could not be done without your help and initiative! Many thanks to @Fuzo for his soundbank files I have used here.

To get the campfires and smoke to work you need to have "new smoke" in particles fx enabled! Works only with CSP!

I hope many of you will follow and edit the sterileness out of the tracks!

Updated link:
https://we.tl/t-3IyGUGy1HT

Up again as requested by fellow @BrainsBush . :) Maybe this time again, hopefully someone from our community here will find the time to improve the Nordschleife with some more billboards etc. to have it more up-to-date, I would appreciate it.

Link: https://we.tl/t-UsXlHApNf6

For cleaner thread, we should add a rating system to the posts that have download links. But only the members above certain level could vote (let's say a member gets over 100 likes in total)... that encryption disscussion is getting out of control and the actual contents on this thread getting lost.

I came to this forum because it was recommended to me, but more chatter about stupid stuff here than mods to download.Hey, what's with you guys ... ??

Download tbb subaru wrx sti Pit rar (sharemods.com)

Screenshot_tbb_subaru_wrx_sti_aspertsham_19-0-121-22-46-32.jpg

I corrected the wheels to the correct size, changed paint, borrowed power.ini,engine.ini and sound from 22B STi and softened the suspension, cool mod came out so I share it.

Because you can never have too many good Subaru's....

Huh? Kunos cars are encrypted. What do you think data.acd is? The only reason you "can take any Kunos car and alter it" is because the encryption got broken by the modding community and you can now unpack the data and decrypt the kn5. There's no 'unpack data' button in vanilla AC, that got added in Content Manager.
Kunos didn't want their own cars being opened up and butchered in Assetto Corsa, they instead provided a means for scratch-built cars and tracks to be added as user-generated content.

Well exactly.......

Kunos's own encryption got busted by the same guy who now lets people encrypt their ripped mods...go figure ...

Anyway the people that don't want it discussed have spoken.... I see they never said it to you first despite you starting it..... nope.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back