Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,251 comments
I came to this forum because it was recommended to me, but more chatter about stupid stuff here than mods to download.Hey, what's with you guys ... ??

Download tbb subaru wrx sti Pit rar (sharemods.com)

View attachment 986187

I corrected the wheels to the correct size, changed paint, borrowed power.ini,engine.ini and sound from 22B STi and softened the suspension, cool mod came out so I share it.

Because you can never have too many good Subaru's....

OK can you tell us exactly what it is we can talk about?
Or is it simply just never mention encryption?

Once again, about encryption. Yes, most of the discussion considering encryption in this thread is useless and I have myself also contributed to this uselessness. But. I think as a community we can't just close our eyes if it bothers us, I think we shouldn't just push it aside and settle for it, "that's just the way it is, it's here to stay, if you don't like encrypted mods, delete them". Encryption isn't here because it's some built-in, essential feature in AC, it's here because the creators of CM has made it possible and keep on making it possible. I've come to think that this community is becoming some sort of dictatorship, where very small elite decides where this game is going (where the CM, CSP are going), and the majority of us should just shut up and be happy even if that "elite" would end up ruining the whole game in the end.

Maybe something interesting for you?

ctg5h98yas6.png

When did this forum ever become just a place to download mods. It's meant to be a place to "discuss" mods and that is generally what goes on here, yes the encryption thing gets way too much airtime, but discussing mods is the heart of this place.

When did this forum ever become just a place to download mods. It's meant to be a place to "discuss" mods and that is generally what goes on here, yes the encryption thing gets way too much airtime, but discussing mods is the heart of this place.
Yeah, it's Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion, so anything related to AC PC mods should be allowed so long as the discussion remains civil and it doesn't violate GTP's TOS.
Encryption of mods is a totally valid topic for debate in a mod discussion thread. It's here to stay whether we like it or not and apart from anything else, it fundamentally affects how we can or cannot mod cars.
If you just come here for download links then Assetoland is that way --->

I speak German, so I apologize for my English, I did not mean that I come only to download .The point is that encryption is and will be whether we want it or not, and there is no need to continue this thread.

Isn't 'encryption' linked to AC mods?
Isn't 'Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion' the name of this thread?

Because of the lack of good sense, or because the human condition of doing what others do, just because it's news or a trend, because of lack of personality, or whatever, I can't have a decent race with AI with these 2 Rolls models...

upload_2021-1-21_17-28-6.png

... Because the author with his good proud, encrypted it and a simple task of 20 seconds of changing the 'up revs' (according with the engine limiter), can't be performed.

This is an example, there are more.

On another note I can understand why some modders don't want to see their cars with engines with 25000bhp

612f207dd5f9573d6b1aba2262eef7a7.jpg

Any way, peace for all.

P.S. [Offtopic] - I really had some hope, that this worldwide devastating situation, could bring some good will and could create some kind of a better bond (not you James) between all.
I was wrong! Peoples behavior are the same.

Shame....
16.gif

Yeah, it's Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion, so anything related to AC PC mods should be allowed so long as the discussion remains civil and it doesn't violate GTP's TOS.
Encryption of mods is a totally valid topic for debate in a mod discussion thread. It's here to stay whether we like it or not and apart from anything else, it fundamentally affects how we can or cannot mod cars.
If you just come here for download links then Assetoland is that way --->

Well said. Agreed.

OT: Anybody else notice how much the Roller looks like the new (seriously maloccluded) Beamer? You'd almost think they were both owned by the same parent company.

Last edited:
I don't have a single encrypted mod on my disk. Downloaded once, I realized that the mistakes of the authors of such mods can not be fixed. I don’t download them anymore even for review. I think if 90% of ac users also stop downloading encrypted mods, encryption itself will die out.

If you have the full version of content manager you can activate the fbx converter plugin. Once you have done that, open the car in cm showroom and in the main tab you will see "unpack kn5". It will unpack all the textures and convert the kn5 to fbx
have the full version is the same for the track?

Shadowplay is like that for ages. It seems Nvidia don't have the knowledge to fix it or they're short on interns to fix it. I gave up on it. Started to record using the screen recorder from windows 10. It work wonders.
Are we sure this issue hasn't been fixed already? My Shadowplay lets me record at 3440x1440.

For cleaner thread, we should add a rating system to the posts that have download links. But only the members above certain level could vote (let's say a member gets over 100 likes in total)... that encryption disscussion is getting out of control and the actual contents on this thread getting lost.
There's no need to limit it to a certain tier of users, there isn't that many active users here anyway - it would be better to have as many votes as possible.

Impopular opinion ahead: To be honest, I'm glad conversions exist. Modding would be far more limited if only scratch made stuff was allowed. Many of my favourite mods are pretty well done conversions. But I said this in RaceDepartment and got pelted to death. :confused: I'm not disrespecting modders, I know this stuff is hard and takes time. But usually talented modders care about something specific. We need as much variety as possible IMO.
The most fun I've ever had in AC was when I finally found a good Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X mod, as it's always been a dream of mine to take my real car around Bathurst and Nordschleife, that has only been made 'possible' via a conversion, so I 100% agree with you. As long as the modder isn't selling the car for a profit, I'm all for it. With that said though, I will always pick a scratch made car over a conversion if given the chance.

Said by someone who didn't even pay Kunos for their game will always sound ironic
There really is no excuse to not own AC these days... It's regularly on sale with all DLC for under $4.

Last edited:
There really is no excuse to not own AC these days... It's regularly on sale with all DLC for under $4.
Well imagine if someyear Kunos decides to make it completely open-source by opening their proprietary engine so that we can develop whatever we like inside such as off road (and overall better) physics and realistic damage model a-la Beam.NG.
(I discussed about this with VR Gaming on a Discord server yesterday)

Are we sure this issue hasn't been fixed already? My Shadowplay lets me record at 3440x1440.

There's no need to limit it to a certain tier of users, there isn't that many active users here anyway - it would be better to have as many votes as possible.

The most fun I've ever had in AC was when I finally found a good Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X mod, as it's always been a dream of mine to take my real car around Bathurst and Nordschleife, that has only been made 'possible' via a conversion, so I 100% agree with you. As long as the modder isn't selling the car for a profit, I'm all for it. With that said though, I will always pick a scratch made car over a conversion if given the chance.

If I may ask which is a good Lancer EVO X mod ? Since you have it only you can say which is the best.Regards

Well imagine if someyear Kunos decides to make it completely open-source by opening their proprietary engine so that we can develop whatever we like inside such as off road (and overall better) physics and realistic damage model a-la Beam.NG.
(I discussed about this with VR Gaming on a Discord server yesterday)

Way to miss the point dude, so you'd rather wish for AC to become open source so you don't have to pay a measly €4 to buy it. :banghead:

Indeed but not 5120*1440. Then max res you can select in Shadowplay is 1080p. Or you have to enable HDR (no go for me).
Now enabled XBox game bar for the Windows recorder (thanks for the tip @Atrupelador!)

Up again as requested by fellow @BrainsBush . :) Maybe this time again, hopefully someone from our community here will find the time to improve the Nordschleife with some more billboards etc. to have it more up-to-date, I would appreciate it.
Thanks at least now I can enjoy the sound, campfires virtually again. Although I really miss the real life track days at Spa, Hockenheim, Zolder, Nurburgring and even Zandvoort.

Last edited:
Huh? Kunos cars are encrypted. What do you think data.acd is? The only reason you "can take any Kunos car and alter it" is because the encryption got broken by the modding community and you can now unpack the data and decrypt the kn5. There's no 'unpack data' button in vanilla AC, that got added in Content Manager.
Kunos didn't want their own cars being opened up and butchered in Assetto Corsa, they instead provided a means for scratch-built cars and tracks to be added as user-generated content.

AFAIK this is no encryption, its a way to ensure that online everybody uses the same base

Kunos's own encryption got busted by the same guy who now lets people encrypt their ripped mods...go figure ...Anyway the people that don't want it discussed have spoken.... I see they never said it to you first despite you starting it..... nope.

again AFAIK the ACD-unpacking (its still no encryption) got first done by quickbms devs/quickbms script makers. Its easy to adapt that to any other programming language.

Please dont talk about things you only understand by half a margin.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back