Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,413 comments
Friends I have a really stupid question:

Recently I became one of Ilya's patreons (primarily to support his great work). I have DL the latest preview (lights-patch-v0.1.72-preview1-full). I have unzipped the file and copied it manualy into the MODS folder. But I cannot see the CSP version 1.72 in CM-settings. What am I doing wrong? There is probably a better way to install it.

I couldnt find any installation instruction on the Patreon-site. Thanks for helping me out.

Yes, I'm aware that many of us did the very same. Me included.

I wasn't refering to SM, I was thinking on others mods ripped from other games and sold behind a patreon.
It is obvious I will not expose names (buyers and patreons olders).

And I know once again, I am saying something that some don't like. Despite being damn true!
02.gif

yes some negatively criticize Sim Dream or RTM but these patreon subscription !!! it's the same thing a way to belly mods converted from other games, I want to make a paybal donation for example to reward the conversion work again I want to because it's still a little work but I don't like those patreon subscriptions !!!!! example if you subscribe 3 or 4 months to 5 to 10 euros that makes 20 to 40 euros the car pack then it is even more expensive than Sim Dream !!!!! Look under your post, there is Zin5ki who offers an IMSA GTO pack on his website, he has worked on these mods however, is he asking for patreon money for his work? well no it's available for free! he does not ask for anything in exchange here is a beautiful spirit! me those patreon subscriptions for converted cars from other games is really starting to annoy me !!! and I say what the majority of people think! but hardly anyone said anything ..... it's just a way to make money easily and not a way to get rewarded for your conversion work ...

Last edited:
I believe other was mentioning about CSP's Smart Shadows settings a few days ago. It seen this game has adjustable low and high quality shadow depending on the camera distance. I'm not sure how this applies to photo mode.

PC - Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion | Page 2126 (gtplanet.net)
PC - Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion | Page 2128 (gtplanet.net)
PC - Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion | Page 2129 (gtplanet.net)
Thanks sir! No solution yet but I hope for a brighter future :)

Recently I became one of Ilya's patreons (primarily to support his great work). I have DL the latest preview (lights-patch-v0.1.72-preview1-full). I have unzipped the file and copied it manualy into the MODS folder. But I cannot see the CSP version 1.72 in CM-settings. What am I doing wrong? There is probably a better way to install it.

I couldnt find any installation instruction on the Patreon-site. Thanks for helping me out.
Just restart CM.
Repeat the process of installation and don't forget to overwrite all files.

Can somebody help me with a small problem? I cant anymore look around in car with the right clicked mouse. Maybe i accidentally did something and disabled or any ideas how to get this function back ? THX

If it's in the mods folder, you have to activate it first:
PRE.PNG

And maybe uninstall the previous CSP version first

Last edited:

Just drag and drop it into cm and install from there. It will show but if you downgrade to another version, public or Patreon, you will have to reinstall -So make sure you have a copy somewhere local - Hope that helps

Hi guys, does anyone get this at the end of the straight/entry for first corner at Interlagos by VheEth?

All the cars start generating a lot of smoke and the game gets slow. It only happens on this track at this corner, any advice? Running 20 AI cars.

View attachment 986084 View attachment 986085
It's literally a sign that at this particular moment your CPU is super overloaded and is not able to process everything. It usually happens when you have a lot of cars on the grid close to you so they render in lod A, also some mods are not optimized and have too many triangles or just don't have lods. You can decrease the number of AIs on this track for smooth racing or just endure the start of the race and wait until bots spread around the track in this case their cars don't load your system so much.

Can somebody help me with a small problem? I cant anymore look around in car with the right clicked mouse. Maybe i accidentally did something and disabled or any ideas how to get this function back ? THX

You need to enable NeckFX. Then it should work (see below "Look around (glance buttons and right mouse button").
upload_2021-1-21_10-52-31.png

@DaBaeda can I request one more camera for İstanbul Park? For both layouts but it’s for online racing streams. Little bit further and less changing angles. Like broadcasting.

The ones you made are awesome but they’re too close to the one car, like quali style. Could it be like more TV preset?

Ever since your post prasing encryption as well.....
If anyone really believes that encryption automatically means a better mod they are massively mistaken.
Praising? My position has always been that if encryption keeps mods public because that's the only way certain modders are prepared to release them, then we have to accept that. It's better than the alternative.
The whole point of my post was that some modders aren't taking the extra care and attention needed when releasing encrypted mods and are putting them out there with basic errors that the user can no longer fix. I never said that encryption will magically make mods better (how on earth could it?) and quite the opposite actually appears to be happening now, with unfixable broken mods popping up all over the place. And it's probably only going to get worse as more and more modders jump on the encryption bandwagon as wear it as some sort of badge of honour. On the one hand it'll make getting rid of mediocre mods easier, but on the other hand it can unfortunately make interesting mods unplayable if they have a game-breaking error that would normally be a two-minute fix.

Are you surprised? If it's on Assettoland chances are it's either an old mod, or it's just crap.
Why not grab crash's one from here
Thanks pal. Assettoland have no barrier to entry so excellent mods and crappy mods both share the same space there. It seems all new non-payware mods get listed whether they're worthy or not. Admittedly, most of it is garbage but occasionally you'll find a diamond in the rough. I know about Crash's M4s and they're excellent, but (as said above) my post wasn't so much about those other 'new' M4s on Assettoland, it was more about how simple fixes or tweaks can no longer be performed by the user, even for personal use.

Last edited:
Cam for Pacific Coast Track (North layout)
Doesn´t overwrite existing cam.
Have Fun.
Man you're creating the cams faster then that I can try and enjoy them ;) The ones I've tested are great so I join the club of others who already thanked you for that. Thank you!

OffTopic...: I want to make some (e.g.) Nordschleife videos with weather changes, winter deem etc. Looks really amazing! But first a NVidia Shadowplay issue needs to be solved :mad: With my 32:9 5120*1440 monitor it is not possible to record in the right resolution. It is max 1080p which also causes a very dark YT video....OBS yeah I know but don't want to install/use 3rd party sw because Shadowplay worked previously.

guys! I have a problem with the windshield of the honda Civic TCR. when i am close you see the details, when i am far away the details disappear, can you help me understand?
20210117002748_1.jpg
20210117002754_1.jpg

Praising? My position has always been that if encryption keeps mods public because that's the only way certain modders are prepared to release them, then we have to accept that. It's better than the alternative.
The whole point of my post was that some modders aren't taking the extra care and attention needed when releasing encrypted mods and are putting them out there with basic errors that the user can no longer fix. I never said that encryption will magically make mods better (how on earth could it?) and quite the opposite actually appears to be happening now, with unfixable broken mods popping up all over the place. And it's probably only going to get worse as more and more modders jump on the encryption bandwagon as wear it as some sort of badge of honour. On the one hand it'll make getting rid of mediocre mods easier, but on the other hand it can unfortunately make interesting mods unplayable if they have a game-breaking error that would normally be a two-minute fix.

Thanks pal. Assettoland have no barrier to entry so excellent mods and crappy mods both share the same space there. It seems all new non-payware mods get listed whether they're worthy or not. Admittedly, most of it is garbage but occasionally you'll find a diamond in the rough. I know about Crash's M4s and they're excellent, but (as said above) my post wasn't so much about those other 'new' M4s on Assettoland, it was more about how simple fixes or tweaks can no longer be performed by the user, even for personal use.

Which is precisely why on a modding thread we should be allowed to question it, but as we know that all got brushed away and can no longer be talked about.

These questions will continue to arise as more people start getting the encryption tool.
If RSS or URD started encrypting mods, no problem at all, you know they will fix issues quickly and also have high standards anyway.

But the fact that it seems anyone including those ripping can get encryption in their mods will mean that eventually you can get someone ripping old GT2 mods getting them encrypted...or worse encrypting a mod they already took off someone else....

It's going one way IMO..... it should be challenged and it should be called out for what it is when abused...

@DaBaeda can I request one more camera for İstanbul Park? For both layouts but it’s for online racing streams. Little bit further and less changing angles. Like broadcasting.

The ones you made are awesome but they’re too close to the one car, like quali style. Could it be like more TV preset?
Extra Cams for Istanbul Park.
Have Fun.

Attachments

• istanbul_park_cams.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 66
I don't keep encrypted mods, but maybe... driver3d.ini "HIDE_" values can be written into the ext_config?
Just adding them to to the ext_config doesn't work unfortunately (I've already tried it) but maybe there is a workaround for basic things like this? No idea really.
It's a shame non-model/drivetrain things like this (shifting animation timing, steering lock etc) aren't separate from the encrytion process, things that aren't part of what the modders actually want to protect, but the whole data.acd gets included in the encryption. I guess modders want the data encrypting just as much as they want the kn5 encrypting to stop idiots re-releasing their cars with ridiculous engine swaps or drift physics, which is totally understandable.

Last edited:
Just adding them to to the ext_config doesn't work unfortunately (I've already tried it) but maybe there is a workaround for basic things like this? No idea really.
It's a shame non-model/drivetrain things like this (shifting animation timing, steering lock etc) aren't separate from the encrytion process, things that aren't part of what the modders actually want to protect, but the whole data.acd gets included in the encryption. I guess modders want the data encrypting just as much as they want the kn5 encrypting to stop idiots re-releasing their cars with ridiculous engine swaps or drift physics, which is totally understandable.

I only wish I could update the previews on all those encrypted cars. The rest - I don´t care. Why is this preview thing encrypted? Such a bollock. For all my cars (more than 1100) I have all the same preview style, except of some few. A PITA.

I only wish I could update the previews on all those encrypted cars. The rest - I don´t care. Why is this preview thing encrypted? Such a bollock. For all my cars (more than 1100) I have all the same preview style, except of some few. A PITA.

I wish modders could strip most of the interior and create a "preview only" kn5. But then again, I just don't know how much extra work it would impiy.

But many of these encrypted mods are cars with ridiculous engine swaps and a myriad of issues...

Further to that engine swaps exist in real life, many a good car has been destroyed (IMO) by terrible tuning and styling.....

In the UK we call them 'barry boys'.....

If only BMW had encrypted this...

29328567250_ce2ef9882c_b.jpg

Last edited:
I don't quite understand why everyone thinks that 2019 RSR is so fantastic...

• the camera of the onboard display is totally messed up
  • the headlights are useless
  • when flashing there is no actual headlight at all
  • generally the tires seem to be placed a bit too far forward (but might be wrong on that, only did a brief run last night)

This happens when that moment is too 'heavy' for the PC specs.
Due to a combined/mixed factors (too much cars/cars with to high details/track sector with many details/etc...)
this can happen.
I bet if you try with only 5 cars, it runs better.

I hope I am right.
01.gif

Have you tried using other cars at that track? Could be a bad car mod or maybe some issue with the ai line....

Thanks for your replys, guys! I ended up trying different cars and it doesn't happen with other cars, I guess it's a bad car mod. The track is reallty awesome!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back