Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,066 comments
I've heard of these "grooves" on some tracks, but I've had trouble finding anything through research that made it clear what kind of an impact this has in AC. I've read things like just cosmetic, little impact, unsure, still needs testing. What is the current status on racing grooves in AC? Thanks.

just visual, if they´re set up correctly they will sync with the track´s grip level

Would be awesome if someone could make a mod out of this:

gr010_01.jpg
Where can we find this model?

"nobody" wanted me to post this on behalf of the Reboot Team:

Bannochbrae, Scotland
(<- mediafire link)

guys, that's great. it is so interesting to drive on this track, it is so much fun to throw the car into every turn. plus the graphic component is at a high level, the nature is very picturesque. It's funny that the bots in assetto corsa are dumb in the same place as the bots of the cars2 project))
Thank you so much for such a wonderful gift.

if "nobody" is listening...

- Azure Coast
- California Highway

Azure Coast ... and it will be even tastier than Bannochbrae ))

Bannochbrae, Scotland
(<- mediafire link)

-forward and reverse layouts, 40 grid positions
-cams, ai-lines, starting lights, one DRS zone on s/f straight, time-attack, audio effects, groove
-normal layouts meant to be used for better performance
-raceday layouts have more stuff, they have: movable cones/groove/flags/crowd/cars/vans/animals
-CM-skin for some scottish themed flags/ads instead of pCars (disabled by default)
-with CSP: grass, moving water, night lights, RainFX ready, seasons config, chimney smoke in winter
-2 animated boats on loch and a bunch of seagulls circling the track
-2 animated helicopters and some balloons (raceday layouts only)
-3 Easter eggs
-no CSP dynamic flags, no 3D-grass with vanilla AC
View attachment 1007827[/QUOTE]

Amazing work by Nobody and the rest of the team on this one.......JUST WAIT TO SEE WHATS COMING soon

Last edited:
In a car's data, does something other than driver3d.ini affect the shifting animation? In some cars I could add a shifting animation just by dropping a file in the animations folder, but others have proved to be more difficult.

Bannochbrae, Scotland (<- mediafire link)

-forward and reverse layouts, 40 grid positions
-cams, ai-lines, starting lights, one DRS zone on s/f straight, time-attack, audio effects, groove
-normal layouts meant to be used for better performance
-raceday layouts have more stuff, they have: movable cones/groove/flags/crowd/cars/vans/animals
-CM-skin for some scottish themed flags/ads instead of pCars (disabled by default)
-with CSP: grass, moving water, night lights, RainFX ready, seasons config, chimney smoke in winter
-2 animated boats on loch and a bunch of seagulls circling the track
-2 animated helicopters and some balloons (raceday layouts only)
-3 Easter eggs
-no CSP dynamic flags, no 3D-grass with vanilla AC

"My God! It's full of stars!"

Last edited:
Bannochbrae, Scotland (<- mediafire link)

Amazing work by Nobody and the rest of the team on this one.......JUST WAIT TO SEE WHATS COMING soon
As Bannochbrae was a surprise, I literally thought to myself "I need to know what else the Reboot Team has under the covers!" And now Jimlloyd puts out this statement?! :drool: I thought Bannochbrae was the unicorn. What could trump it???

GTP: What do you think Jim is hinting at??

As Bannochbrae was a surprise, I literally thought to myself "I need to know what else the Reboot Team has under the covers!" And now Jimlloyd puts out this statement?! :drool: I thought Bannochbrae was the unicorn. What could trump it???

GTP: What do you think Jim is hinting at??

blue n white LS and yellow n black earth spirit :dunce: guess away guys...and thats only 2

just pretty pictures of a nice model. I cannot make mods, I have no idea how? jsut thought it was a very nicely detailed model! all that engine . superb!
Ye it does look nice, can I maybe work on it? I don't care if it doesn't have any textures at all or has millions of polys either...

Ye it does look nice, can I maybe work on it? I don't care if it doesn't have any textures at all or has millions of polys either...
the car is already in AC fyi. link was found in the filemissing discord, buggered if i can recall where though. ill dig it up.

hi guys, I have three ROC circuits: Monaco ROC, Race Of Champions, 1v1 Roc. Do you know if there are other ROC circuits?

CHiQuiFreaKy has GermanySS from DiRT in private w.i.p beta, to be released at some point.

I am working on JapanSS, SpainSS and UkSS from DiRT, but needing some texture and mesh normals work still yet.
Same with DiRT3 Smelter, which is real fun but not yet suitable for release (as the SS above).

SpainSS
Screenshot_ks_toyota_celica_st185_rmi_dirt_spainss_27-4-121-19-18-7.jpg

JapanSS
Screenshot_bacmono_rmi_dirt_japanss_26-4-121-14-16-34.jpg

Smelter
Screenshot_bacmono_rmi_dirt3_smelter_26-4-121-18-37-8.jpg

of course if anyone wants to help with 3d and texture fixes, just send me a message.

(and now I can delete my Bannochbrae source rips I did 2 years ago and reclaim a gig of space)

Last edited:
Hey people here's a mod from China again(quite literally).
Screenshot_q50_eau_rt_bannochbrae_1-4-121-14-43-20.png
Screenshot_q50_eau_fukuoka_wmmt5_29-3-121-20-29-10.png

I had to ask my mom to lend me her baiducloud account again just to download this so uhhhh....
Q50 Eau Rouge by MLSXLD
This mod needs some work on it, just saying.
Changes by me:
Simple VAO patch, reverse lights code in ext_config, added better interior (texture was just pasted in every skin)
Anyway, you can't make a working navigator on the first screen without tweaking the UV mapping, and the tyre needs some adjustments(visually sinking).
Link:
Side note: Why do I have 4 Q50 Mods

Bannochbrae really does look fantastic, amazing work from the reboot team on this conversion! Two points from me that would make it almost perfect, the cotton wool chimney smoke looks out of place, not sure it that is a patch thing, a settings thing or a mod thing though and the pit speed limiter line feels like it is on the actual track, IMO moving it back a wee bit would feel better. Nowt major but it just feels a bit weird ;)

Well done guys! :)

[edit]One more thing, a tree fades in around the 1 minute 40 mark, again not sure if a patch thing, graphics thing or a mod thing....[/edit]

Last edited:

Bannochbrae really does look fantastic, amazing work from the reboot team on this conversion! Two points from me that would make it almost perfect, the cotton wool chimney smoke looks out of place, not sure it that is a patch thing, a settings thing or a mod thing though and the pit speed limiter line feels like it is on the actual track, IMO moving it back a wee bit would feel better. Nowt major but it just feels a bit weird ;)

Well done guys! :)

[edit]One more thing, a tree fades in around the 1 minute 40 mark, again not sure if a patch thing, graphics thing or a mod thing....[/edit]

To be honest, I don't mind the smoke at all, but another small thing...

I seem to be having a 'seagull failure'. It's as though they're so determined to pinch someone's chips down below in the little village that they seem to be motionless. Guess they've got their eyes on the prize. Either that or they've stalled in spacetime. :odd:

EDIT: I just parked and watched them and they are actually moving. Just a bit too full of chips and flying very slowly I think.

EDIT 2: P.S. This is a really great effort from all involved. All the little details that have been added and fine tuning really take it a step above the original.

Last edited:
Another small thing... I see to be having a 'seagull failure'. Seems they're so determined to pinch someone's chips down below in the little village that they seem to be motionless. Guess they've got their eyes on the prize. Either that or they've stalled in spacetime. :odd:

EDIT: I just parked and watched them and yes... They are actually moving. Just a bit too full of chips and flying very slowly I think.
I also reported this while track was in dev, its wierd, move your camera so you can't see them then look back at them and they are gone, they follow a path but it's like if you actually see them they freeze in that spot

Wowowowowowow

Would love to hear about the workflow with PC1 tracks, I tried many moons ago but the very old 3dsmax importer gave me all the pieces of Cali highway all sitting at 0,0,0 without textures. The worst jigsaw puzzle i have ever attempted, I had to give up.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back