Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
That could be the next joint venture. That track is seriously in need of some love. I'd be happy to do work on it. My skin last year for this track was probably the worst of them all, nothing to work with.

With the crowd back in you can't see them, however I take it you prefer a non crowd look? There are about 10 different individual seat textures / colours which are chosen to make the patterns, They could easily be all painted the same to remove old style adverts. That would be about the best it would get. Unless, a big new texture board is placed over the seats removing the crowd for good and a copy of the banners used in real life skinned on top.

Many of the Kunos tracks need some love. I dont know if its on your agenda or if you can do it, but KS_Nurburgring desperately needs some more billboards around the track. The same goes for Magione, Mugello, well most of the KS tracks actually. Only Silverstone has billboards oh and Laguna Seca. Its almost like they decided to add billboards to Silverstone then just stopped with the other tracks :shrug:

IF THERE WAS SUCH A TEAM UP BETWEEN @marc_13000 & @Blackcelica THIS IS WHAT YOU COULD GET....

ALGARVE PORTIMAO ULTIMATE EDITION
(Firstly SCRAP all your other versions of Algarve)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wx4ubcp5xa6ej69/Portimao+ULTIMATE+EDITION+Track+&+Skin.rar/file

THESE 2 COMBINED GIVE YOU THE CLOSEST / BEST VERSION YET TO REAL LIFE FOOTAGE
Let the screens do the talking from now on.

OK, This link ADDS the crowd back in,
Fixes the Rolex Hole,
ADDS both DRS Zones.
ADDS NEW Lighting.
ADDS RainFX.

View attachment 1008684 View attachment 1008685 View attachment 1008686 View attachment 1008687 View attachment 1008688 View attachment 1008689 View attachment 1008690 View attachment 1008691 View attachment 1008692 View attachment 1008693 View attachment 1008694 View attachment 1008695 View attachment 1008696
View attachment 1008736
STILL NO GOOD FOR RACING!! AS YOU CAN CUT EVERY CORNER!! AND NOT RECIVE A PENALTY, WHY
IS'S ONLY THE GRASS AND SAND FOR WHICH YOU RECIVE A PENALTY??

Yeah, sorry to come back to this, but that bare roof (it should have a big cell antenna and solar panels) ticks my OCD... :D
This is from F1 helicopter footage:
View attachment 1008745

Maybe @Zwiss could add some stuff there ?

Oh and I also noticed this rather strange bright piece of landscape:

View attachment 1008746

Starting lights look unusual:

lights.png

And the vao patch doesn't seem to work.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-4-121-14-24-37.png

i work with Blackcelica to update the roof of the building, for vao patch i didnt use this, so i dont know how to fix it,
for light i have erase it in model.ini... its a workaround for the moment
for the bright landscape, i try to fix it with no success for now...
i try too to add animated display at pit entry...
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-4-121-14-23-40.png

Many of the Kunos tracks need some love. I dont know if its on your agenda or if you can do it, but KS_Nurburgring desperately needs some more billboards around the track. The same goes for Magione, Mugello, well most of the KS tracks actually. Only Silverstone has billboards oh and Laguna Seca. Its almost like they decided to add billboards to Silverstone then just stopped with the other tracks :shrug:
Hi, kunos tracks are mostly uneditable and not skinnable friendly... Portimao is """"easy"""" to skin because its a conversion with assets, mapping more open to skin.

STILL NO GOOD FOR RACING!! AS YOU CAN CUT EVERY CORNER!! AND NOT RECIVE A PENALTY, WHY
IS'S ONLY THE GRASS AND SAND FOR WHICH YOU RECIVE A PENALTY??
Wow.... and the critics are out in force today. Things are being worked on /looked at today.
Looks like great work! But this track version is not good itself. 5th corner has huge angle, which does not exist irl. Last corner is almost flat. Version from RD is more accurate, probably is better for skinning. however both has last corner issue.
Other version is not as good. Not sure what you mean about turn 5, it's a very tight hairpin with a lot of adverse camber as in real life.

Other things being looked at now, Antenna on roof of Rolex building, who really cares if thats not visible in helicam? Anyway being looked at.
Start lights is on the list.
Electronic Billboards are on the list.
Vao patch just need renaming, surely people can do that?
Landscape issue looks like CSP or SOL cloud shadows issue. Will look at it anyway.
Getting some lunch now so we'll soak it up and hopefully get an update out later today.... Be patient please.

.../...Antenna on roof of Rolex building, who really cares if thats not visible in helicam? Anyway being looked at.../...
Thanks for that.
Idk about your system but on a triple setup (and I guess VR too) that roof is visible from several places on track while driving, so...

Wow.... and the critics are out in force today. Things are being worked on /looked at today.

Other version is not as good. Not sure what you mean about turn 5, it's a very tight hairpin with a lot of adverse camber as in real life.

Other things being looked at now, Antenna on roof of Rolex building, who really cares if thats not visible in helicam? Anyway being looked at.
Start lights is on the list.
Electronic Billboards are on the list.
Vao patch just need renaming, surely people can do that?
Landscape issue looks like CSP or SOL cloud shadows issue. Will look at it anyway.
Getting some lunch now so we'll soak it up and hopefully get an update out later today.... Be patient please.
just compare real onboard and ingame version of turn 5, which has high slope

Last edited:
This is something that is occurring today with more frequency, and may relate to those additional but non-essential files residing in the track's AI-folder - get rid of them (on both layouts).

View attachment 1008735

Worth considering to review/remove these files before or post-installation...
What are these files used for? I have seen them on some tracks and I have never known what their function is.

Found the Traffic AI For SRP 0.9.1

Any possibility to request Replay Cam for this massive track?

The amount of time that would take, just for one set...

But if you're keen on having them, here's how you can easily make camera sets for yourself:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-shaders-patch-debug-app-advanced.29060/
(Its description also links to a tutorial on how the data in the file is formatted and what each function does)

Or, do as I do here and use the freecam (F7) to fly around and save a few interesting spots with the photo mode app.
And since we all seem OK with posting gratuitous vids in here now instead of the vid thread, here's one I made at Shuto just using the photo mode app.

You can generate a LUT with FFBclip? I must have missed something, I always thought that was more of a Wheelcheck thing.
Nope, bad wording on my part. Using FFB Clip with a Wheelcheck generated LUT is what I should have made more clear.

Am I missing some tracks (in the letters A-O) that fit that criteria? If so, I'm quite interested.
I will have to check again but I think I might have a few for you. I will wait for the update though! :)

When you said you copied the bremgarten1954 ini file to the faux pre-war version of this track and all of the lights and grassfx carried over, can you tell me which one of the ini files you are talking about? I looked inside them but I'm apparently too clueless to see which one is responsible for this. :grumpy:

Modern rally suspensions are literally stronger than dirt, but the Sebring 12-hour has more DNFs than any other race on the calendar. The surface makes the Aberdeen Proving Grounds feel like a GM Futurama dream highway by comparison.

I havent seen any modern imsa or wec cars in recent year DNF due to broken suspension, more like DNF due to crashing into the immediate fences/concrete fencing

Maybe Verstappen had a hand in this ? :D
Anyway: no need for shouting, check your Caps lock please.
Fanapryde, dont need your input, and as you had nothing to do with the making or editing of the track, please keep your comments to yourself, thanks. also as a major part of online races you need to have z track limits, which this awsome track desperately needs. hence my CAPS!!

Last edited:

Yeah. I lived just below Mulholland (on Hollywood Hills Road) in the Seventies and jogged up there every day. He (Todd K.) may have gotten some of the details wrong, but he has certainly captured the feel of the place - the ebb and flow, the warp and woof. Great job.
Whoah. LA in the seventies must have been crazy.
I'd love to split a case of beer with you and hear all the stories.

Anyone have a clue:
EVERY time I start KsEditor, I have to change the illumination back to Clear weather and Default colors.
Its always foggy and black and white when I start it up.

Thx

This is something that is occurring today with more frequency, and may relate to those additional but non-essential files residing in the track's AI-folder - get rid of them (on both layouts).

View attachment 1008735

Worth considering to review/remove these files before or post-installation...

Thanks for the tip but I`ve done that already unfortunately with no effect. I`m not alone with this problem looking at RD. Track works ok for you ?
This is really strange as its first time I encountered something like that.

Thanks for the tip but I`ve done that already unfortunately with no effect. I`m not alone with this problem looking at RD. Track works ok for you ?
This is really strange as its first time I encountered something like that.

Going to ask the obvious question, just to eliminate the possibility.
How is your FPS at the start of the race, when the cars are pulling away from the grid? In my experience, this is when FPS are the worst because of all the smoke.
There is just a chance that something on this track, when combined with that, is causing you to have low FPS.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back