PC Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Thom Lee, Apr 28, 2014.

1. MrDK09

MrDK09

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    TY Williams and Spyrious like this.
  2. ZombieBoy1978

ZombieBoy1978

I notice on Velo's site that there is a pay mod of Cote D'Azur.

It says that this is ChiquiFreaky's mod, but I downloaded that version (0.4) from his YouTube page for free.

Has anyone tried the paid version from Velo's site? Is it an updated version of the one we can download for free? And, if so, is it worth the money?

Attached Files:

3. Spyrious

Spyrious

There was a sim dream Volvo 850 Estate BTCC.I can't find it anywhere anymore.Is it available elsewhere?There is one on assettoland but it has stock interior.Thanks!

4. chas1723

chas1723

Fanapryde likes this.
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Yeah, sorry to come back to this, but that bare roof (it should have a big cell antenna and solar panels) ticks my OCD... :D
    This is from F1 helicopter footage:
    portimao_real.png

Maybe @Zwiss could add some stuff there ?

Oh and I also noticed this rather strange bright piece of landscape:

portimao_new.png

Starting lights look unusual:

[​IMG]

And the vao patch doesn't seem to work.

6. TonyBarracuda

TonyBarracuda

Looks like great work! But this track version is not good itself. 5th corner has huge angle, which does not exist irl. Last corner is almost flat. Version from RD is more accurate, probably is better for skinning. however both has last corner issue.

Stoempertje, marc_13000 and racealot like this.
  7. Real Toonces

Real Toonces

Yeah. I lived just below Mulholland (on Hollywood Hills Road) in the Seventies and jogged up there every day. He (Todd K.) may have gotten some of the details wrong, but he has certainly captured the feel of the place - the ebb and flow, the warp and woof. Great job.

Modern rally suspensions are literally stronger than dirt, but the Sebring 12-hour has more DNFs than any other race on the calendar. The surface makes the Aberdeen Proving Grounds feel like a GM Futurama dream highway by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2021
  8. sickopaul

sickopaul

9. Sodemo

Sodemo

Many of the Kunos tracks need some love. I dont know if its on your agenda or if you can do it, but KS_Nurburgring desperately needs some more billboards around the track. The same goes for Magione, Mugello, well most of the KS tracks actually. Only Silverstone has billboards oh and Laguna Seca. Its almost like they decided to add billboards to Silverstone then just stopped with the other tracks :shrug:

Fall Guy and conan90 like this.
  10. noroardanto

noroardanto

Have you tried this?
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/

Scaff likes this.
  11. sickopaul

sickopaul

12. Paul English

Paul English

STILL NO GOOD FOR RACING!! AS YOU CAN CUT EVERY CORNER!! AND NOT RECIVE A PENALTY, WHY
    IS'S ONLY THE GRASS AND SAND FOR WHICH YOU RECIVE A PENALTY??

13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Maybe Verstappen had a hand in this ? :D
    Anyway: no need for shouting, check your Caps lock please.

Frizbe, xezez, Fall Guy and 3 others like this.
  14. Scaff

Scaff Moderator

xezez and noroardanto like this.
  15. marc_13000

marc_13000

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-4-121-14-24-37.png
    i work with Blackcelica to update the roof of the building, for vao patch i didnt use this, so i dont know how to fix it,
    for light i have erase it in model.ini... its a workaround for the moment
    for the bright landscape, i try to fix it with no success for now...
    i try too to add animated display at pit entry...
    Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_portimao_4-4-121-14-23-40.png

16. marc_13000

marc_13000

Hi, kunos tracks are mostly uneditable and not skinnable friendly... Portimao is """"easy"""" to skin because its a conversion with assets, mapping more open to skin.

17. Blackcelica

Blackcelica

Wow.... and the critics are out in force today. Things are being worked on /looked at today.
    Other version is not as good. Not sure what you mean about turn 5, it's a very tight hairpin with a lot of adverse camber as in real life.

Other things being looked at now, Antenna on roof of Rolex building, who really cares if thats not visible in helicam? Anyway being looked at.
    Start lights is on the list.
    Electronic Billboards are on the list.
    Vao patch just need renaming, surely people can do that?
    Landscape issue looks like CSP or SOL cloud shadows issue. Will look at it anyway.
    Getting some lunch now so we'll soak it up and hopefully get an update out later today.... Be patient please.

xedos6, xezez, Fall Guy and 7 others like this.
  18. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Thanks for that.
    Idk about your system but on a triple setup (and I guess VR too) that roof is visible from several places on track while driving, so...

19. TonyBarracuda

TonyBarracuda

just compare real onboard and ingame version of turn 5, which has high slope

20. bflorezr

bflorezr

What are these files used for? I have seen them on some tracks and I have never known what their function is.

21. damone13x

damone13x

22. Afterlife

Afterlife

You can generate a LUT with FFBclip? I must have missed something, I always thought that was more of a Wheelcheck thing.

23. yavuzazgin

yavuzazgin

24. Sam12H

Sam12H

The amount of time that would take, just for one set...

But if you're keen on having them, here's how you can easily make camera sets for yourself:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-shaders-patch-debug-app-advanced.29060/
    (Its description also links to a tutorial on how the data in the file is formatted and what each function does)

Or, do as I do here and use the freecam (F7) to fly around and save a few interesting spots with the photo mode app.
    And since we all seem OK with posting gratuitous vids in here now instead of the vid thread, here's one I made at Shuto just using the photo mode app.

kalun318, TY Williams and Gabriele like this.
  25. Scaff

Scaff Moderator

Nope, bad wording on my part. Using FFB Clip with a Wheelcheck generated LUT is what I should have made more clear.

Afterlife likes this.
  26. Scaff

Scaff Moderator

You should have it on cars with preview 98...

[​IMG]

27. Monkee

Monkee

I will have to check again but I think I might have a few for you. I will wait for the update though! :)

When you said you copied the bremgarten1954 ini file to the faux pre-war version of this track and all of the lights and grassfx carried over, can you tell me which one of the ini files you are talking about? I looked inside them but I'm apparently too clueless to see which one is responsible for this. :grumpy:

28. MrDK09

MrDK09

honestly I haven't tried it yet ^^

yavuzazgin likes this.
  29. EvilGloomy

EvilGloomy

damone13x likes this.
  30. allrnder

allrnder

I havent seen any modern imsa or wec cars in recent year DNF due to broken suspension, more like DNF due to crashing into the immediate fences/concrete fencing