Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,092 comments
To the person who was on about doing the KS Nurburgring update. I made this small BMW advert addition to the grandstand a while back. I would happily share it if wanted.
nurbBMW.jpg

Last edited:
One correction: developers do encrypt their games, every game is encrypted, people found ways to rip from them and get assets in more usable formats

And then the people who ripped those encrypted files complain on the net because someone found a way to decrypt the encryption they've put in order to not mess with 'their' files.

Almost poetic.

I still don't undestand the point. I was one of the who tried to update the @__EASY__ stuff, but at this point is clear that he don't want our help improving his "OWN" stuff (to be honest he never ever even tried to improve at least his own ext_config following the ones i shared here, me or @slider666, @gutbomb or anyone else did it) so.... just move on and ignore all of his conversion, i deleted all my edit-update from my HDD and i'll ignore all the new stuff he's providing due to the fact that who don't want my help, don't need my time :gtpflag:

Btw nothing against him, of course, my point is only about his choice.

And then the people who ripped those encrypted files complain on the net because someone found a way to decrypt the encryption they've put in order to not mess with 'their' files.

Almost poetic.

Can you tell me why is this an issue? As you said the models are converted from other games so why not just extract them from the original source if the model is the thing that you need. It's quite easy to do that after a bit of searching and googling.

So what's exactly the issue here? I do understand maybe you may want to tweak certain things or fix some issues that may have slipped out by the modder but this can easily be done by just asking.

I'm not really for or against encryption, I'm just an end-user at the end of the day and if some mod is bad and can't be changed it'll probably just bin it. If anyone can explain this to me it'll be great.

Can you tell me why is this an issue? As you said the models are converted from other games so why not just extract them from the original source if the model is the thing that you need. It's quite easy to do that after a bit of searching and googling.

So what's exactly the issue here? I do understand maybe you may want to tweak certain things or fix some issues that may have slipped out by the modder but this can easily be done by just asking.

I'm not really for or against encryption, I'm just an end-user at the end of the day and if some mod is bad and can't be changed it'll probably just bin it. If anyone can explain this to me it'll be great.

It's the principle behind it. They encrypt files they've decrypted and are mad because someone found a way to decrypt the files they've encrypted after having decrypted those because the game devs encrypted it in the first place.
It was never their work to beging with, so what if someone decrypts it ? Now it's bad, but it wasn't when they downloaded those decrypted files off gamesmodel / did it themselves. Hypocrisy much ?

It is clear that AC has always been, since its launch, a sim oriented towards modding. If the developers had wanted AC to not support modding, they would have shielded it against it, just like Project Cars, ACC, etc. That is why it is incomprehensible to me that a modder encrypts the content that, moreover, is not his but in a small part. For my part, whenever I see a track or auto encrypted, I delete it immediately and I will surely delete all the content of that modder as well, since I like to adapt things to my personal taste. Finally in AC we do not suffer precisely from the lack of content. I have so many tracks and cars installed that time is not enough for me to test them all. Fortunately, the best modders don't use encryption. Fat Alfi, RT, Shaunne Clark, Daniel Jiménez, ASR, F3 Classic Tracks, to name just a few, produce content of a quality that is clearly superior to EASY and do not encrypt their content. So modders who encrypt their content should think very carefully about whether this is good for them, since with that practice they are simply driving users away. Unless they don't care whether or not others use their creations, in which case they could simply refrain from posting them and leave them solely for their private use.

I have a comment for this...unfortunately my comment is encrypted to protect my own wisdom but you can join my patrion,only 10€/month you'll receive some freaking good comments and i'm happy to provide some personal ones for reasonable fee :-)

A nice way to make other creators angry... Nice job.

I have a comment for this...unfortunately my comment is encrypted to protect my own wisdom but you can join my patrion,only 10€/month you'll receive some freaking good comments and i'm happy to provide some personal ones for reasonable fee :-)
Were you the one with the Onlyfans? Man, it just started getting good.

Oh, I didn't realise this was a scratch made mod, I will withdraw....

Stop being sarcastic. We all know that this will only lead to people decrypting the high quality mods, nobody cares enough about some low effort rip to make a decryption tool just for those mods.

Stop being sarcastic. We all know that this will only lead to people decrypting the high quality mods, nobody cares enough about some low effort rip to make a decryption tool just for those mods.

My take on it as follows.. the ENTIRE modding community only exist because we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us, the first decryption of kn5's, 3dsimed, quickbms, rfdecod etc etc... to do a lousy conversion, release it in a terrible state using said hacking tools, then encrypt it so those who can fix it and make it better in the community, cannot do so, then further hack tools to allow that are just another step in a long hacking history of modding.

As an example, I have never even opened the folder for Bannochbrae.. never needed to, it came to us perfect, polished. Hell it might even be encrypted for all I know... but no need to find out..

(even though Mr Nobody even publically released the method for directly extracting Pcars1 tracks on Racedepartment.. bettering the entire community.. making more possible.)

Last edited:

Decrypting encrypted mods based on decrypted encrypted stuff from other games ? Oh that's what I was talking about earlier.

Decrypting encrypted scratchmade mod : no - that's wrong.
Decrypting encrypted Forza / GTS / PC2 mod : sure, why not ? It's not their work.

The irony of it all.

My take on it as follows.. the ENTIRE modding community only exist because we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us, the first decryption of kn5's, 3dsimed, quickbms, rfdecod etc etc... to do a lousy conversion, release it in a terrible state using said hacking tools, then encrypt it so those who can fix it and make it better in the community, cannot do so, then further hack tools to allow that are just another step in a long hacking history of modding.

As an example, I have never even opened the folder for Bannochbrae.. never needed to, it came to us perfect, polished. Hell it might even be encrypted for all I know... but no need to find out..

Why do you want to bother with bad mods in the first place? if the conversion is bad and the pipeline instructions are ignored just ignore the mod and wait for someone to make a mod that isn't an absolute joke. People who make garbage mods and encrypt them should just get ignored but instead you're using it as an excuse to make a decryption tool that will *coincidentally* also enable people to start decrypting good mods.

Having 75 versions of a mod because 30 different people decided to fix 1 or 2 issues and then release it back to the public is also just really annoying to deal with. Go look up the infinite versions of Istanbul Park for example, or the Portimao versions that got thrown around this week

Last edited:
Hi black, thanks for the last version!
Everything is great!

Thanks a lot!

Heineken GP de Portugal
AUTODROMO INTERNATIONAL DO ALGARVE, PORTIMAO
FINAL VERSION

A GROUP OF SMALL FIXES TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES. THE LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED
JUST DOWNLOAD AND OVERRIDE.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d8msi0idq3pfmjs/Portimao+FINAL+EDITION+Track+&+Skin.rar/file

NEW AND IMPROVED HEINEKEN LOGOS ON PIT BUILDINGS from @marc_13000
View attachment 1009160

NEW HEINEKEN FLOOR LOGO from @marc_13000
View attachment 1009163

ANTENNA NOW VISIBLE FROM ALL ANGLES & LANDSCAPE FIX from @slider666 (many thanks)
View attachment 1009164

BIGGER ROLEX FLOOR LOGO, BIGGER PZERO AND NEW TRUCKS from @Blackcelica
View attachment 1009167 View attachment 1009165 View attachment 1009166

ALSO NEW VAO PATCH from @marchetti87 (many thanks)

THAT SHOULD BE IT NOW FOLKS...... ENJOY AND RACE ON.

Last edited:
Why do you want to bother with **** mods in the first place? if the conversion is **** and the pipeline instructions are ignored just ignore the mod and wait for someone to make a mod that isn't an absolute joke. People who make ****** mods and encrypt them should just get ignored but instead you're using it as an excuse to make a decryption tool that will *coincidentally* also enable people to start decrypting good mods.

Having 75 versions of a mod because 30 different people decided to fix 1 or 2 issues and then release it back to the public is also just really annoying to deal with. Go look up the infinite versions of Istanbul Park for example, or the Portimao versions that got thrown around this week

I fully agree its damn painful and a formal update system should be employed (maybe Ilja's new marketplace when/if it ever releases can have a vote down system to force ilja to revoke the encryption key.. that would solve this prickly "thieves stealing from thieves" scenario.)

but.. what do you do when a modder releases something like this? Cannot even use decryption properly and borks a car so badly? And when asked to fix comes back with basically "i dont care?" . I guess we could just bin it and hope someone jump through the entire pipeline to create a new one... whereas someone else could take 1Min to just fix it and the community at large is better off for it?
124335554_3706924289326038_6566208734837399527_n.png

I fully agree its damn painful and a formal update system should be employed (maybe Ilja's new marketplace when/if it ever releases can have a vote down system to force ilja to revoke the encryption key.. that would solve this prickly "thieves stealing from thieves" scenario.)

but.. what do you do when a modder releases something like this? Cannot even use decryption properly and borks a car so badly? And when asked to fix comes back with basically "i dont care?" . I guess we could just bin it and hope someone jump through the entire pipeline to create a new one... whereas someone else could take 1Min to just fix it and the community at large is better off for it?
View attachment 1009346

If they have such an attitude they don't deserve to have people fix the mod for them anyway. I'd much rather have the mod be forgotten instead of having the credits section be littered with 10 different names on the 5 different versions of the car depending on who fixed what.

At least wait for Ilja to give the full details of this workshop thing he's working about before decrypting stuff because it's going to negatively impact modding.

I don’t know if I did something wrong, but, with this version, painted curbs are not included (there are the old one) and some sponsor are in wrong position (unlike the previous version where they were in the right place). Es: Pirelli sponsor of turn 4 now is
Liqui moli
Please take a look.
If it could help, here’s the pole lap of bottas to have a quick check of sponsors position:

Thanks a lot!

You need to load track without any skin to restore defaults sometimes, quit out, then select skin again and you should be back as you were.

Last edited:
If they have such an attitude they don't deserve to have people fix the mod for them anyway. I'd much rather have the mod be forgotten instead of having the credits section be littered with 10 different names on the 5 different versions of the car depending on who fixed what.

At least wait for Ilja to give the full details of this workshop thing he's working about before decrypting stuff because it's going to negatively impact modding.

I wonder if the same request was made to the author of 3dsimed, rfdecod, quickbms and primarily CM that allows it all... where we would all be now..

fwiw I have only ever released ONE model using this system, the process has been released in a certain discussion area, but to date, no one cares to jump through the hoops to employ it, its arduous... I imagine that in the middle of the simracing604 vs exmods debacle had all their tracks/cars been dumped this way, it would have been viewed as poetic justice and applauded?

its a sticky situation for sure.. and I do hope Ilja finishes that workshop quickly so he can deploy a system that removes decryption keys from the hacks in the community that keep pushing out half assed encrypted mods. I imagine he is way to busy to review every author asking for a key, so a community driven button "this is not original" would solve it..

As a primary directive one would hope that he ONLY allows 100% scratch made mods to be encrypted, ie: no part of the model was stolen from any other game or pre-existing AC release, or uses ANY part thereof including textures etc.

Last edited:
As a primary directive one would hope that he ONLY allows 100% scratch made mods to be encrypted, ie: no part of the model was stolen from any other game or pre-existing AC release, or uses ANY part thereof including textures etc.
I think that one person who hopes that would be me, unless there aren't others who also share and agree on that idea as well...

Since we are discussing encrypted mods for a change, does anyone know if the potentially glorious Porsche 930 SE/LE has received any updates this year? Last time I tried it AI was stuck on one gear (not the usual upshift-thing, some other problem) and so the mod was unusable for AI racing. I remember the author talked about updating the physics at some point. Don't know if he has released some updates that are hidden somewhere in Discord?

And about the ongoing debate around _EASY_'s track mods. Yes I wish that he would not encrypt his tracks, since many of them would benefit from texture updates etc, but I always keep in mind that _EASY_ has given us many nice conversions for free. I like many of them, especially the french tracks. So let's discuss, but let's not lynch the guy or drive him away, okay?

And Mr. _EASY_, a little request: would you do your own texture-update for Silverstone 1991? Another nice track, but in desperate need for better ground-textures (trees are thankfully workable since they are in their own, unencrypted kn5.)

I don’t know if I did something wrong, but, with this version, painted curbs are not included (there are the old one) and some sponsor are in wrong position (unlike the previous version where they were in the right place). Es: Pirelli sponsor of turn 4 now is
Liqui moli
Please take a look.
If it could help, here’s the pole lap of bottas to have a quick check of sponsors position:

Thanks a lot!

Do you not think that footage has been looked at over and over to get it as close as possible? I take pride in paying attention to details, I've been modding assetto since it came out. You need to understand there are limits to what you can and cannot do with repeat textures. You do not have the skin loaded, example sponsors are within the model, the skin changes the order to as close as possible. Liqui moly or pirelli on that corner uses the same texture as the bridge. The bridge is pirelli in real life so that corner has to be pirelli. You will then see alternate liquid moly underneath to compensate. If I post something that states its as close as absolutely possible, it means that it is absolutely as close as possible. All variants are tried out, looked at and debated as to what the best outcome is for everyone's enjoyment of realism. The pirelli bridge has more impact of being correct than a liqui moly one which would stand out as being obviously wrong. Extra 3D model parts have been added in like the rolex bridge, antenna on the building, electronic billboard, trackside boards, drs boards, even equipment inside the garages that most people don't notice. Sorry for the rant but anybody who may think I don't care about quality work is enough to stop me sleeping at night. I have seen many rubbish track skins on racedepartment and people here downloading them, reviewing them and I wonder if they can really tell the difference between quality or not. I know you mean well with your video clip which won't play I suspect as F1 links are usually removed as the FIA don't allow but I want to assure you that my work in my opinion has been the best it can be and if its not 100% I won't rest until it is. What does bother me is that someone might think I'm someone who might just chuck some bits together without doing my homework first. At the end of the day it's a game, it has mods, some of those mods are not great. I can only do my best with the limitations I face, I try and source the best track mod versions first then skin those versions so I know it won't/ can't possibly get any better.

Last edited:
Since we are discussing encrypted mods for a change, does anyone know if the potentially glorious Porsche 930 SE/LE has received any updates this year? Last time I tried it AI was stuck on one gear (not the usual upshift-thing, some other problem) and so the mod was unusable for AI racing. I remember the author talked about updating the physics at some point. Don't know if he has released some updates that are hidden somewhere in Discord?

And about the ongoing debate around _EASY_'s track mods. Yes I wish that he would not encrypt his tracks, since many of them would benefit from texture updates etc, but I always keep in mind that _EASY_ has given us many nice conversions for free. I like many of them, especially the french tracks. So let's discuss, but let's not lynch the guy or drive him away, okay?

And Mr. _EASY_, a little request: would you do your own texture-update for Silverstone 1991? Another nice track, but in desperate need for better ground-textures (trees are thankfully workable since they are in their own, unencrypted kn5.)

it is planned for this track, several tracks are planned for an update

Why are you trying so hard to chase away the few that make high quality mods by decrypting stuff?

Let´s take a look at the top quality modders that encrypt their stuff:

-IER PC13 or whatever its called (data)
-BK Audi GT3 (data)
-DDM
-Trawa
....fill me in, those are all I know

Now let´s take a look at the top quality modders that don´t encrypt their stuff:

-IER
-BK
-RSS
-Lilski
-Fat Alfie
-JohnR
-Stereo
-the latest reboot stuff
-Sergio Loro
-Ben O´Bro
-a3dr
-etc

I was going to make a snarky comment but I´ll let this lists speak for themselves.

Also, it looks like EASY is the new Gilles

Apologize me, i just tried as you suggest and you are absolutely right! for a strange reason the skin for 2 time was not loaded. Anyway Is all right! Thanks for this exceptional work!

Do you not think that footage has been looked at over and over to get it as close as possible? You do not have the skin loaded, example sponsors are within the model, the skin changes the order to as close as possible. Liqui moly or pirelli on that corner uses the same texture as the bridge. The bridge is pirelli in real life so that corner has to be pirelli. You will then see alternate liquid moly underneath to compensate.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back