Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,088 comments
Hi BC, I know we are past this weekends GP, but any final updates on the track? he only real material changes needed are the Pirelli signs on second to last corner leading to the straight.

Thank you
I have updated a few bits here and there since the race so it depends on when you downloaded it. I put the pirelli corner in because of a lack of pirelli bridge to give pirelli a bit more presence. Trouble with those ground sponsors is they are not really there in real life. They are clever tv replay overlays depending on which version of the world feed you are watching. You see them on football pitches, cricket pitches etc and even on the track during motoGP footage. The race at Baku it was Azerbaijan, the qualifying it was street fighter, the practice it was pirelli. Its like the pokerstars fences on sky sports footage, they are not there if you are watching the world feed via formula1.com. I just picked the one I liked the best.

Thanks guys, I've released an update over at racedepartment that replaces the 16k texture with an 8k one, and replaces the one PNG texture with a DDS. Please let me know if this clears up the performance issues! For me, I fluctuate between 125 and 144fps at 4k with a full 16 car grid now, but it was pretty much the same with the old version as well.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-antoine-schmit.43086/

Nice track, I liked it a lot! Thanks!

I found a little bug in this place:

Hi all,
I have fixed the barriers on Toban at user request.

However I need some advice about LightFX,
I changed the on/off time (again at user request) and the lights now turn off at around 6:10/6:15am but that's just the actual light emitters.
The KS-emissive shader remains on all day which just looks strange, video is from an earlier version without the time change.

Here's the jist of the extensions .ini if anyone knows a fix please let me know.
Cheers.

Code:
[CONDITION_1]
; active at 88° sun angle
NAME=NIGHT_SMOOTH
INPUT = SUN
LUT = (|0=0|90=0|90=1|180=1)
LAG = 0.97

[LIGHT_SERIES_1]
MESHES = ?lightpost?
DESCRIPTION=track lights
COLOR=1, 1, 0.9, 30
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=1
DIRECTION=NORMAL
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=100
OFFSET=0,0,0
RANGE=160
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.1
SINGLE_FREQUENCY=0
SPECULAR_MULT=0.5
SPOT=0
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
VOLUMETRIC_LIGHT=0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH

[LIGHT_SERIES_2]
MESHES=?lights_sub?
DESCRIPTION=pit lights
COLOR=1, 1, 0.9, 5
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=1
DIRECTION=NORMAL
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=100
OFFSET=0,-1,0
RANGE=15
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.1
SINGLE_FREQUENCY=0
SPECULAR_MULT=0.5
SPOT=0
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
VOLUMETRIC_LIGHT=0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH

and further down...

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_3]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= BULB LIGHTS SHELL
MATERIALS = LIGHTGLASS,
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0= 2,2,1,10
VALUE_0_OFF= 0, 0, 0
KEY_1 = ksAlphaRef
VALUE_1 = -193
VALUE_1_OFF = 0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH

Hey guys i need someone to help me make some pretty incredible GT3 car mod, i have the 3d files i just don't know how to 1 make a mod and 2 how to model and all that, (Im pretty untalented) but would love some help!

Thanks guys hope your all safe.

I Really like your F40! Great job Mate ;)
Tell me when you update it
Btw my new Video is with your F40 :)

I really happy to share it and you guys like my F40.

Frankly i'm not good at modding and not a modeller that is why updating is too slow.

But i'll keep adding some parts for more detail such like fire extinguisher, racing seat belts, roll cage, another skins, and so on.

Anyways, Thank you for your kind words!

Balls, I can't believe I missed that. I literally just uploaded the latest fix and I think 3 updates in one day is too much so I'm just gonna have to leave it that way for a little while. haha.

Yep no hurry. Latest upload was a big improvement, similar to what I got but with more eye candy, nice.

and further down...

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_3]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= BULB LIGHTS SHELL
MATERIALS = LIGHTGLASS,
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0= 2,2,1,10
VALUE_0_OFF= 0, 0, 0
KEY_1 = ksAlphaRef
VALUE_1 = -193
VALUE_1_OFF = 0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH[/CODE]

Shader replacements are static, I don´t think there´s any condition they´d react to. You need a material adjustment instead, those are dynamic.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I've released an update over at racedepartment that replaces the 16k texture with an 8k one, and replaces the one PNG texture with a DDS. Please let me know if this clears up the performance issues! For me, I fluctuate between 125 and 144fps at 4k with a full 16 car grid now, but it was pretty much the same with the old version as well.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-antoine-schmit.43086/

Thanks for the updates gutbomb. I've gained somewhere around 7fps. Still only averaging about 75fps with a single car on track, but that's a bit better than the 68fps I was getting previously. :cheers:

EDIT: Only just saw your last post about another new update. I'll download and try that shortly!

Last edited:
@gutbomb but this is valuable for every modder: If i can suggest you a thing, for the next time, try to divide main objects al least in 3 small groups of .kn5 (like terrain, trees, road) in order to reduce the size of the .kn5 and be able to disable something in order to check what can be the cause of something instead of having a big file ;)

Btw it looks good, can't wait to test it out ;)

Guys probably a noob question but what does it change from the original Content Manager (full) and the one released on Patreon?

Didn't even know there was a content manager version on patreon??? Unless your meaning about CSP? (Custom Shaders Patch)

download fast from assettoland because sometimes they delete models (it has happened with the ferrari f8) and then you may not find it in google

asked for official permission to port, from the the RF2 version.. to bypass the G-uu-yee-lees craptrap syndrome.

@RMi_wood so we dont trip over each other, is this rf2 conversion already in your list?

all stop.. unconfirmed rumour the Jarama track will come from a new source by a different modder...
(apologies for the off road section, i had to stop to see if a sign board with a big red love heart on it actually reads HOOKER

Long time ago I've asked a question here. So I thought it was time to ask the community for some expertise

See this YT example. How to get rid of the shadow cascading? Visible both in cockpit view as well as replays (which look excellente btw)

AF is at 16X in NVidia config and off in AC video,
Clip planes settings (if relevant?)
upload_2021-6-8_10-51-35.png

My old brains told me it has been discussed in the past with several suggestions but I could not find it that easy via the search option in this thread.
Appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction. Thx! Brian

is there any platform for remote panels (SimHUB, DashPanel, SImDashBoard etc) that allow for setting up a remote tablet as a pit stop menu? Ie onscreen sliders or buttons for increrase/decrease fuel, tyre options etc , FOR AC and for other games?

Long time ago I've asked a question here. So I thought it was time to ask the community for some expertise

See this YT example. How to get rid of the shadow cascading? Visible both in cockpit view as well as replays (which look excellente btw)

AF is at 16X in NVidia config and off in AC video,
Clip planes settings (if relevant?)
View attachment 1016179

My old brains told me it has been discussed in the past with several suggestions but I could not find it that easy via the search option in this thread.
Appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction. Thx! Brian

Those settings appear to be what I've been using for a while, with the exception of running AF at 16X in NVidia config. For whatever reason, I find the native AF in AC to be more pleasing to the eye.

Setting the FOV exponent at 0.5 was the thing that got rid of flashing triangular areas in the sky for me (which were particularly noticeable on replays). That had been bugging me for ages before I changed to that setting. And those far plane adjustments did seem to help with shadow cascading on cockpits and drivers too. I've also tried 40000, 60000 as an alternative, but I was undecided if that was even better, or just placebo.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back