Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
Although I really like all the efforts you make and all the public skins you make can you maybe not continue with this project. This particular mod was in fact leaked and it will be better if it wasn't used as much. Due to the repetitive use of this leaked variant, the new and much-improved variant isn't been considered for a public release.

I for one would love if all the issues are resolved with this one and we get a more perfect release.

Of course this is just a suggestion, but I hope you at least consider it.
Hi @straycat When you say leaked do you mean without permission? If that is the case consider it removed - However, it does seem a legit release was offered here REDACTED - Happy to be corrected 👍

Last edited:
Has this car been done for AC?

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 57
Ostia! It looks so much better than the previous version, what an amazing improvement
The truth is that it is looking nice yes, but it is very far from how it will be when I do the second part with the barriers changed, the asphalt and the correct heights, there I will be able to be even more precise and decorate more.

By the way, oddly enough, the circuit has little publicity, in reality there was much more, it was the sponsors, the organizers, many small businesses in the city, Spanish brands, if it weren't for them the Spanish touring car championship would not have been possible.

It is interesting to see those old videos because the commentators talk about how the regulations were, (very basic) the cost of the race, the hours used to prepare the circuit, etc ...

The total cost of a category A car was 2,000,000 million pesetas, today it would be 12,000 euros hahahah it's funny, today with 12,000 euros you have almost covered the expenses to be a driver, not counting the car.

Hi @straycat When you say leaked do you mean without permission? If that is the case consider it removed - However, it does seem a legit release was offered here - Happy to be corrected 👍

Well, the story is somewhat like this, there is an AC League called AC-Friends who run WEC, GT3, GT4 amongst other categories in organized league events, you must have heard of it.

For a new person who has joined that league, he/she must qualify in a trainee category before getting access to the WEC or GT3 mods. The WEC and GT3 mods are made by @Bonny and are private and only for the league members whereas the trainee category usually uses publicly available mods such as GT4 or old Lemans cars. This whole system was done so that people don't just join the discord group for the mods and then leave and also to develop a good AC league.

As a result of this, the GT3 cars and Lemans cars are very desirable for some, and although they are eventually released like the Mercedes AMG GT3, some people are just too desperate to get them. The RSR 2020 that you are making skins for was used in the WEC league of theirs and was leaked by one of the drivers, hence this version isn't as polished as the original mod author would like it to be for a public mod and is in fact a beta version of the mod that was never supposed to be released in its state.

The mod that you referenced in the video you posted is that same beta version that was leaked and was never supposed to be released. In fact, the video you referenced is just another AC YouTuber who wants to make content and is in no way related to Bonny or the AC Friends discord community. Its widespread use and distribution have given a sour taste to the original mod author who was originally planning to release the good one but is now having doubts.

Again no one can force you not to do this and I am not telling you anything, but it would be great if we respect the modders wish and not distribute it further.

Here are some photos of the final version which may be released one day if the original author feels like it.

911.png

911_2.png

Well, the story is somewhat like this, there is an AC League called AC-Friends who run WEC, GT3, GT4 amongst other categories in organized league events, you must have heard of it.

For a new person who has joined that league, he/she must qualify in a trainee category before getting access to the WEC or GT3 mods. The WEC and GT3 mods are made by @Bonny and are private and only for the league members whereas the trainee category usually uses publicly available mods such as GT4 or old Lemans cars. This whole system was done so that people don't just join the discord group for the mods and then leave and also to develop a good AC league.

As a result of this, the GT3 cars and Lemans cars are very desirable for some, and although they are eventually released like the Mercedes AMG GT3, some people are just too desperate to get them. The RSR 2020 that you are making skins for was used in the WEC league of theirs and was leaked by one of the drivers, hence this version isn't as polished as the original mod author would like it to be for a public mod and is in fact a beta version of the mod that was never supposed to be released in its state.

The mod that you referenced in the video you posted is that same beta version that was leaked and was never supposed to be released. In fact, the video you referenced is just another AC YouTuber who wants to make content and is in no way related to Bonny or the AC Friends discord community. Its widespread use and distribution have given a sour taste to the original mod author who was originally planning to release the good one but is now having doubts.

Again no one can force you not to do this and I am not telling you anything, but it would be great if we respect the modders wish and not distribute it further.

Here are some photos of the final version which may be released one day if the original author feels like it.

View attachment 1062149
View attachment 1062150
@straycat Thanks for the background info. My apologies as I wasnt aware of the situation - Now I am, I'd be a hypocrite if i continued to share the mod - All links to car removed but have left the 3 skins, already done, up for now. Take care :cheers:

Last edited:
To top off this final update with all the extra sponsor boards, I have updated the skin to be compatible, added back in the darker tarmac and tree colours, the DRS zones, lighting, rainFX and grassFX. That should be it for Paul Ricard. Great final update @marc_13000
Let's hope it doesn't get stolen this time.
I get to see borked flags now:
ricard_flags.png

The dark 'freshly-paved' look makes it difficult to pick out the racing line from all the psychedelic graphics. I would have preferred a lighter asphalt with a visible deposited-rubber 'groove' in the corners...but that's probably just these tired old eyes.
More like this then ?

ricard_old.png

So I came across a concept car by Vision Automobile Paris called the "1789".According to the website, it is a road-legal 2 seater prototype hypercar with a hybrid hydrogen powertrain system.

They have made an Assetto Corsa mod and have it available on their website which I will recommend everyone to check out.
https://visionautomobiles.com/
Scroll down to see a download link or you can just click here .

I am attaching some pictures from the website as well as a quick screenshot I took on the brilliant SUGO track that was released on RD.

View attachment 1061910
View attachment 1061911
View attachment 1061912

IN GAME-
View attachment 1061913

Wow, that's a surprise I wasn't expecting.

Hi all, I think I have fixed the interior shadow problem for the Vision 1789 concept car. Just extract these two files into the each skin folders. e.g. assettocorsa\content\cars\vision_1789\skins\Azure Edition

Before
Screenshot_vision_1789_sepang_24-5-121-9-10-14.jpg

After
Screenshot_vision_1789_sepang_24-5-121-9-11-8.jpg

I think this is an ok mod, just that it needs more work on the optimizations, suspension animation, AO and textures.

Attachments

• Vision1789windowfix.zip
    209.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Apologies, what was I thinking...but seriously, I don't think the racing line should depend on track surface or (at least in reality) changing tyre marks. A track looking too clean is more about immersion to me.
There are, I believe, two kinds of line marks (or 'groove') on the racing surface: those baked in (come with the track and never change...except for a new skin) and those left by the participants, carbon-based or AI (examples: the launch marks from the race start, and the skid marks of those hapless souls who slide across the track). The latest, greatest Paul Ricard for AC has asphalt so dark that you couldn't see either kind of rubber markings. So dark, in fact, that it looks brand new, i.e., "too clean;" kind of like Lilski's Watkins Glen, which he explained by saying he was taking a recent repaving (IRL) into account. I am wont to use the 'permanent' racing line as turn-in reference, after which--as you suggest--I concentrate on nailing the apex. It's not easy being green...or legally blind.

Last edited:
Hi all, I think I have fixed the interior shadow problem for the Vision 1789 concept car. Just extract these two files into the each skin folders. e.g. assettocorsa\content\cars\vision_1789\skins\Azure Edition

Before
View attachment 1062193

After
View attachment 1062195

I think this is an ok mod, just that it needs more work on the optimizations, suspension animation, AO and textures.
It needs a small fix in the mirror screens above the windshield as well. By default they are set as mirrors, when they actually are cameras. Add this in the ext_config file:
Code:
[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FOV=40
IS_MONITOR=1
b22f081e1f77f7b61fcc3a340b47b685.jpg

Last edited:
Any chance @damone13x we can get the short cut on the road course, as another layout? Was in Forza 7 if i remember correctly.View attachment 1061495
View attachment 1061496

@RMi_wood would you do any other converts of SRW content to AC? i believe most of their circuits were laser scanned?

Can we get the 04-06 Layout with the weird bus-stop reconfig aswell pls?

Tommy's 2019 version will have full rainfx support including tyres, wipers etc, along with improved physics i believe & setups that actually change on the ca (eg: if you change rear wing settings, it will move up & down to mimic changes.

Would be good if we can get this happening, i know that someone was able to convert from raceroom recently, perhaps we could get it from that?

its URD, dont hold your breath that they will be out before 2025 🤣

Everything is all hidden in their private FB group, all the good versions of the mod anyways as far as im aware. There was a version that someone had floating around here on but it was really really bad, im talking gilles level of quality.
Yes it can be done, there are the elements needed to make this possible. I will add it in he next update but you will have to wait maybe a month. cheers.

Setup market is dead right? Any other place for discussion or collection of setups?
Someone cloned and remade it recently, it got shut down almost immediately when the creators of Setup Market told them that they were planning on relaunching. Here's hoping it comes soon.

But that is not how the tarmac is now, that is why this was a standalone version. As for flags, can't replicate, looks like your animation of them is not working properly.
Well, the ”old” Paul Ricard has it’s flags working fine. The only thing I can think of is that we are using different CSP versions. No idea why ‘my animation’ couldn’t be working properly ?

Well, the ”old” Paul Ricard has it’s flags working fine. The only thing I can think of is that we are using different CSP versions. No idea why ‘my animation’ couldn’t be working properly ?
CSP flag animations have always been very volatile. I remember having them working perfectly on tracks that were borked for you, even though our builds and settings were obstensively the same.

CSP flag animations have always been very volatile. I remember having them working perfectly on tracks that were borked for you, even though our builds and settings were obstensively the same.
If it helps I always seem to have SOL Weather windy 10mph windspeed. I'm on the latest preview with rainFX and SOL 2.1.3

Some anonymous person that is totally absolutely 100% not me for legal reasons let me know that what is being done in this screenshot is extremely tedious. I wonder if anyone will recognize this.

View attachment 1062225
xZmit6F-.jpg

Please pass my heartfelt thanks on to Mr Definitely-not-you for doing God's work here.
And being the Extreme circuit do we assume that Camino, Ladera and Iberian will also be standalone tracks?

For uninitiated heathens who have been living under a rock:

remember a while back i was complaining about the jet engine wind turbines on the RT track... I figured out somewhere along the way that CSP or SOL, irrespective of weather or wind settings alwasy had hurricane strength winds going, noticed it when i flipped a car on its lid one day, wonder why the trees are shaking like an arthritic dog with fleas...

nothing i could do to fix it.. deleted out CSP and all settings, reisnstalled and problem went away.. get this, with exactly the same csp / cm and sol version which were broken before.. including reimporting all my cmpreset files.

bugger me if i know what part was broken.. but ya.. a bit flaky.

remember a while back i was complaining about the jet engine wind turbines on the RT track... I figured out somewhere along the way that CSP or SOL, irrespective of weather or wind settings alwasy had hurricane strength winds going, noticed it when i flipped a car on its lid one day, wonder why the trees are shaking like an arthritic dog with fleas...

nothing i could do to fix it.. deleted out CSP and all settings, reisnstalled and problem went away.. get this, with exactly the same csp / cm and sol version which were broken before.. including reimporting all my cmpreset files.

bugger me if i know what part was broken.. but ya.. a bit flaky.
Wind is now entirely controlled and set by the SOL Weather Planner app, so whatever you set in the main UI is now irrelevant. The default 'wind strength' is also 50 (not sure if that's KPH or MPH either), but it's way too strong for a default setting. So... to control wind*, you now need to make a weather plan with more reasonable wind speed.

(* To control wind, you may also want to avoid beans.)

Last edited:
1995 Porsche 993 GT2 - Elf Haberthur Racing #82

Enjoy, hope you like it

porsch82.jpg

Screenshot_corvette_imsa_lemans_1989_24-5-121-0-15-40-min.jpg

Last edited:
@GzeroD Haven't driven your version of Winton for a long time, but I just fired it up and found a number of zones where the FPS plummet quite badly. Have you experienced this? If so, any chance you might one day do another pass to optimise it a bit better?

:cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back