Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,027 comments
RTM's latest offer looks interesting... wonder if it drives as good as it looks.

6bfdec4ecc95951d48799022b52ed1ee.png

00072d027df59d52cbc51037a28b4523.png

47067ab794034da4ecd52c59dde7c6cf.png
link?

Class 1 is the former DTM set of regulations. GT3 is just that, GT3. I'm thinking the RF2 car is a fictional BMW Class 1 car, as Class 1 now has gone defunct
Studio 397 quote:
"""Built in very close collaboration with the development team at BMW HQ, the Class 1 marks the introduction of a new type of tin top racing machine in rFactor 2, one that is rather unique and special as it sees the realization in our software of the considerable development work undertaken by BMW to create this brand-new car, a machine that would never see the light of day in the real world thanks to changing regulations introduced before a wheel could be turned in anger."""

Studio 397 quote:
"""Built in very close collaboration with the development team at BMW HQ, the Class 1 marks the introduction of a new type of tin top racing machine in rFactor 2, one that is rather unique and special as it sees the realization in our software of the considerable development work undertaken by BMW to create this brand-new car, a machine that would never see the light of day in the real world thanks to changing regulations introduced before a wheel could be turned in anger."""
they just explained to me on an rF2 forum, Class 1 is what should be the common DTM / SuperGT regulations this season, which never saw the light of day. So not this model in Assetto Corsa, in 2021 DTM = "GT3" championship

Last edited:
I think it would be more correct to give a link to the author of this mod, and not to add a paid link!
The sharemods link is from the FB post I found. The sharemods car has actual slicks from the F138. That person is also the author of the RD version which is a physics only version of the sharemods version.

Last edited:
There are, I believe, two kinds of line marks (or 'groove') on the racing surface: those baked in (come with the track and never change...except for a new skin) and those left by the participants, carbon-based or AI (examples: the launch marks from the race start, and the skid marks of those hapless souls who slide across the track). The latest, greatest Paul Ricard for AC has asphalt so dark that you couldn't see either kind of rubber markings. So dark, in fact, that it looks brand new, i.e., "too clean;" kind of like Lilski's Watkins Glen, which he explained by saying he was taking a recent repaving (IRL) into account. I am wont to use the 'permanent' racing line as turn-in reference, after which--as you suggest--I concentrate on nailing the apex. It's not easy being green...or legally blind.
Would it not be amazing to have a sim which accumulated the rubber from every session driven over time - wash out old markings, change with weather and so on. And I agree, tracks can look too clean - even if they are repaved in reality - on a race weekend the track will show markings and I'd prefer if mods reflected that over a "green" appearance. Especially kerbs should show some dirt - really love that in ACC.

(Not sure we understand each other 100% on the vision topic, but that probably does not belong here anyway and I didn't mean to bother you - check out the Driver61 vids on vision if you want to know what I'm on about)

Class 1 is the former DTM set of regulations. GT3 is just that, GT3. I'm thinking the RF2 car is a fictional BMW Class 1 car, as Class 1 now has gone defunct
It is not fictional, it is a representation of the already devoloped M4 DTM Class 1 for 2021, which did never race due to the GT3 switch. It was done with real BMW dev-data, based on 2020 tyre date and so on. So it is not really fantasy - but it doesn't really exist as such...M4 GT3 will be released as a paid DLC as well.

Last edited:
Would it not be amazing to have a sim which accumulated the rubber from every session driven over time - wash out old markings, change with weather and so on. And I agree, tracks can look too clean - even if they are repaved in reality - on a race weekend the track will show markings and I'd prefer if mods reflected that over a "green" appearance. Especially kerbs should show some dirt - really love that in ACC.

(Not sure we understand each other 100% on the vision topic, but that probably does not belong here anyway and I didn't mean to bother you - check out the Driver61 vids on vision if you want to know what I'm on about)
I would settle for a track that 'rubbered in' during the course of just one race. That is, clag/marbles off the preferred line. Plus some acknowledgement of 'consumables." That is, if you flat-spot the tires, the car should become undriveable. If you overrev the engine, it should either drop a valve or put a rod through the pan, thus coating that part of the track with oil. I mean, day-into-night and rain fx are all very well and good, but I really wish sloppy driving had some consequences. Online I see too many drivers punish their cars and carry on as if there were no real-life cost. (I don't think many sim racers would accept random mechanical failures, but I think driver-caused disasters should end their race, not just an easy fix via a blithe re-spawn.)

P.S. Yes, I know where the driver is supposed to look. I've been sim-racing for 30 years.

Last edited:
I would settle for a track that 'rubbered in' during the course of just one race. That is, clag/marbles off the preferred line. Plus some acknowledgement of 'consumables." That is, if you flat-spot the tires, the car should become undriveable. If you overrev the engine, it should either drop a valve or puts a rod through the sump, thus coating that part of the track with oil. I mean, day-into-night and rain fx are all very well and good, but I really wish sloppy driving had some consequences. Online I see too many drivers punish their cars and carry on as if there were no real-life cost. (I don't think many sim racers would accept random mechanical failures, but I think driver-caused disasters should end their race, not just an easy fix via a blithe re-spawn.)

P.S. Yes, I know where the driver is supposed to look. I've been sim-racing for 30 years.
I think a flat spot ruining other components would simply be too complex for casual racers to get into - so it isn't done. Random I don't really like, because in reality they are usually down to manufacturing or mistakes made by the teams mechanics and so on - so in control of people who participate, which makes motorsport a team effort. In simracing everything is usually done by the driver and I think you should be able to control your car, not be struck by randomness (at least not in multiplayer, I would love to try that experience in SP though). What I would love to see is more damage due to car treatment, especially riding kerbs does not do enough damage in most sims. Jumping sausages at high speed, people taking lines that would kill the car in real life. Flat spots are coming into sims at least by rattling the FFB and affecting performance and at least in ACC you can lose a lot of time. But I agree that it's not really enough but I still think it should not be too complex or people might lose interest and only 4 cars would see the checkered flag most times.

The sharemods link is from the FB post I found. The sharemods car has actual slicks from the F138. That person is also the author of the RD version which is a physics only version of the sharemods version.
I understand everything, but! I provided a real link to the mod and you just said it was official. In our time, you cannot take your word for it. You had to provide a link to the FB and the questions would disappear.

I understand everything, but! I provided a real link to the mod and you just said it was official. In our time, you cannot take your word for it. You had to provide a link to the FB and the questions would disappear.
www.facebook(dot)com/groups/778198552329206/permalink/1797020677113650/

(you need to be a member of Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos)

Jack Napier and LTLGamer1 are one and the same. I'm neither of them. I just wanted to share the car with all of you.

Last edited:
New Background Screens for the 2021 Styria/Austria Grand Prix
Full Championship Here:

08_austria_gp21.jpg
STYRIAN_F1 2021 raceday_screen bg.jpg

Both full size versions can be found in the GDrive 2021 Championship - Background Screens and Previews folder

Just rename the STYRIAN_F1 2021 raceday_screen bg (ferrari) to 08_austria_gp21.jpg if you prefer that version

Hi couple of things i'd like to ask the clever folks on here. So i have a track and i got the lights working, got the spot lights glowing, but the spot lights go off in day time, but the actual casting light stays all day?
I imagine that is a performance hit, what am i changing to make that casting light go in day time?
cheers.

Hi couple of things i'd like to ask the clever folks on here. So i have a track and i got the lights working, got the spot lights glowing, but the spot lights go off in day time, but the actual casting light stays all day?
I imagine that is a performance hit, what am i changing to make that casting light go in day time?
cheers.
Use the same condition like the glowing lights have.

Dijon Prenois 2016 v2.01

This 3D-track was made by SimBin for GT Legends.
Digga enhanced the track for rF2 in the 2016 configuration.
The conversion and enhancement to Assetto Corsa was done by Rainmaker.
And now enhanced by gunnar333 for CSP

Added: GrassFX, RainFX, Seasons, Lights, Semaphores, digital flags, groove line, missing tv camera crew, satellite image scenery, vao, ui stuff
Fixed: flags, material adjustments

https://sharemods.com/oyvdcldyzyy3/dijon-prenois2016.7z.html
Nice track ;))

Is anyone interested in a CSP ext_config.ini tutorial? So many who keep asking about the same probes. 🤨 😦

Any ideas how and where it could be implemented? Here, or in a separate thread, on Discord, on RD ...? With or without comments, or as a PDF to download ...?

I could use a new track with no config to start over (suggestions for such tracks are welcome). First the basics, such as in general. Put on some grass and rain fx, and gradually we could get deeper and deeper. Light glowing and casting, shader fixes etc.
Or should it be better, explaining a previous made config, part by part?

What do you think?
I still have a lot of other things to do, but after a while this could slowly help to get things done better. 🙂

Last edited:
Is anyone interested in a CSP ext_config.ini tutorial? So many who keep asking about the same probes. 🤨 😦

Any ideas how and where it could be implemented? Here, or in a separate thread, on Discord, on RD ...? With or without comments, or as a PDF to download ...?

I could use a new track with no config to start over (suggestions for such tracks are welcome). First the basics, such as in general. Put on some grass and rain fx, and gradually we could get deeper and deeper. Light glowing and casting, shader fixes etc.

What do you think?
I still have a lot of other things to do, but after a while this could slowly help to get things done better. 🙂
PDF so it can be uploaded to other sites and pictures can be added to show changes..

I muddled my way through most of the animations but I likely did 10k exports and restarts to have to test everything..

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back