Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,211 comments
Well, we do have some nice roads but a myriade of speed and/or traject control camera's takes all the fun out of driving. So unless you're willing to pay huge fines and get your drivers license revoked, it makes sense to invest some of that money in extra track tires and join track days to have fun driving a car.
It used to be different, but that was about 30 years ago...

Note: I have no problems with both tire options being present though.

Even more reason to have it available in the sim, so you can enjoy something you don't get to enjoy in everyday life! :dopey: Shame about the traffic cameras, they're pretty rare in my area and typically only at big intersections where you can't have fun anyway. But out on the country roads there's no cameras and usually very little traffic so you can blast away to your heart's content (within reason, of course). I'm not sure life would be worth living without being able to have the occasional country road romp in the Subaru. :ill:

Loading screen for screen format 21/9. Some are converted from photos by kelnor34. I will update. Thank you so much x4fab and Peter Boese for their work!

Btw guys , these links that Jody put up are dead. Does anyone have the Ai files for these big tracks? I may need them for those other two monster's Transfagaresen and Glencoe. Thanks in advance if you can help.

Here are more links, sorry about that.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d33cm...Cameras_%28TV_and_Drone_%5BGT3%5D%29.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ed3p46upedy47g/Mapplevalley_AI_and_Cameras.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hs859hrb82cralm/Prague_AI_and_Cameras.zip/file

Jody, your sterling AI and camera work is needed on the updated Alps track I linked to a few days ago - the track's been properly divided up into the correct layouts now.
:)

Edit: here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-257#post-12703103

Question about that track. A friend and I were driving on it the other day on my server and if we took certain routes we'd get booted to the pits and have the controls locked for 30 seconds. I presume it's because we were going the wrong way but I have the wrong way sign delete so I couldn't see the warning if we were. Offline I could drive any which way I wanted without issue. Is there anyway to disable this penalty feature on the server? I'm thinking we can't disable that particular penalty but figured I should ask.

Take the newly updated NSX to that track and drift your heart out!

Jody, your sterling AI and camera work is needed on the updated Alps track I linked to a few days ago - the track's been properly divided up into the correct layouts now.

Edit: here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-257#post-12703103

Oh my, that's great Masscot. I will work on that. I took on a job back in late January after being retired for 4 months. It's a tax job and I've only had time for work and sleep up to April 15. I am looking forward to getting back to my favorite pastime again!

The Ferrari 488 Pista pack and Lancia Stratos Group 4 pack is new. Besides those it's basically the same.
Thanks @rshumi - that saved me a lot of faffing about..!

It's bad enough every time Assettoland goes down and they have to uploads all their cars again. I never know exactly what I have and haven't got, so end up downloading a whole bunch of stuff that I've already got 99% of.

Decided to get around to making my own mod since I'm tired of waiting for certain cars to come to AC, 3D modelling is very, very hard. I feel like I'm out of my depth here.
upload_2019-4-18_15-38-58.png

@Sun Solaris
just focus on the 3D editing, leave the physics as a placeholder. Just copy/paste the data from a similar car.
Once you got the 3D car ready and you put the driver in, only then work on the physics.

https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/your-first-car-in-assetto-corsa-basic-guide.1019/

check out this folder:
FBX import_export

upload_2019-4-18_16-50-56.png

When you import a converted mod .fbx file, it will be in centimeters. So be sure your 3DS Max units are set to meters. Import the file in centimeters, export it back to fbx overwriting the file, in meters, this time. Import it back the file (now in meters) to work on it.
At least I do this way, otherwise it's a mess with the car size.

My issue is that when I import a .fbx file, the scale factor is never 1 (option grayed out).
But importing a obj file, the scale factor is 1, no matter what units are used. Unfortunately obj files don't come with dummies and you need dummies for a car to work properly in game.

A dummy is a container that you create, a sort of "box" aligned with the car part related to it, that tells the game what is what. CAPITAL LETTERS: WIPER_L / WHEEL_RF etc.
Aligning a pivot on object is a key factor...for example to create working wiper(s), where the pivot must not be placed as "center to object" but move on the bottom of the wiper, to make it stay in place and rotate.

Last edited:
46483236_574898389632980_871417523982041088_o.jpg

!!!UPDATED!!! 1967 GrandPrix Legends 2.0 Mod to v2.20

2019-04-16 Version 2.20 Changelog
- Added 1966 McLaren M2B as a bonus
Bugfixes:
- Improved front A-arms for Eagle
- Updated Engine sounds for Cooper
- Errors on suspension nodes (Eagle)
- Added LOD’s for all cars for better fps performance

Please read included installation notes for proper install of ks Lotus & Ferrari.

Credits:
• 3d Modelling: DrDoomslab, Lotus 33 by Mac Ten
• Physics: Bazza
• Sounds: BRM by Amplified NL and stock Kunos sounds
• Patcha for his awesome helmets
• Skins by DrDoomslab, Swiss and Sergio Loro (Lotus 33 skins)
• Papyrus and the GPL community for creating a virtual museum and lots of inspiration

Special Thanks:
Special thanks to simracing youtubers: Singleracer (glad you’re back Michael!), the Extra Mile (you bring the slide in the smile Alex!), Chris Haye (very informative and superb editing), Simracing604 (love your laid back and nuanced style Mike!), Random Callsign (fluffy helmets rock!) and last but not least Billy Strange (keep on rockin!).

May the downforce be with you!
Bazza & DrDoomslab

Download (VIEW README FOR INSTALL!!)

Click here if you'd like to donate something for our work:
https://www.paypal.me/F1GP67

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/…/20190416+AC+1967+Grand+Prix+Lege…

A question to the advanced modders here:

I found the Audi RS4 Avant @ Assettoland, but this mod got a problem and I don't know how to fix it. :P

View attachment 815220
View attachment 815221
It's searching for a LOD that is either empty or does not exist(though I thought it would throw up errors for the second case), assettodrive did it fantastically but then someone else took over the mod and ruined everything ending up with what you see above this was like 2 or 3 years ago though lol.

It's searching for a LOD that is either empty or does not exist(though I thought it would throw up errors for the second case), assettodrive did it fantastically but then someone else took over the mod and ruined everything ending up with what you see above this was like 2 or 3 years ago though lol.

Do you have a link for a working RS4?

@Masscot , or anyone.......Masscot wrote back in reply #2499 about being able to stretch the preview page for tracks and car's , and CM would create them all into thumbnails? There must be something I don't have clicked or checked in the settings , as my CM doesn't do this. Any ideas?

This is his post here >>> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-84#post-12160670

Edit : never mind guys , I'll get it figured out. There were some great instructions following Masscot's post , but for some reason I can't get mine to work that way right now.

Last edited:
Gawd dang!! Guy's , it never hurts to go back through old threads like this! You find gem's like this one that Masscot posted , in which I had no idea Instanbul was ever even released for AC!!?? How the hell did I miss....I have no idea. But between Masscot , Apexxer and quite a few other's in this thread , my HD is now screaming for mercy due to all this incredible stuff I've found on here.

To all of you again........Thank you for making this sim so incredible! I may be an idiot when it comes to ever creating things like this , but I sure as heck can give praise to those that have the knowledge to do so!

Gawd dang!! Guy's , it never hurts to go back through old threads like this! You find gem's like this one that Masscot posted , in which I had no idea Instanbul was ever even released for AC!!?? How the hell did I miss....I have no idea. But between Masscot , Apexxer and quite a few other's in this thread , my HD is now screaming for mercy due to all this incredible stuff I've found on here.

To all of you again........Thank you for making this sim so incredible! I may be an idiot when it comes to ever creating things like this , but I sure as heck can give praise to those that have the knowledge to do so!
Using the compress tool in CM is a HD life saver.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back