Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 84,370 comments
Australia
Australia
I am working on the physics for a car (1946 Maserati 4CL, modifying Legion's pre-war Maserati 6CM) I have things progressing nicely, but I am really struggling with an unstoppable spin the moment you lift off the brakes (doesn't matter how slight you press them). The only way to drive the car currently is without touching the brakes or braking all the way down to below 20mph. Any suggestions? I am hoping to stick to the realistic suspension configuration of the car, hopefully I am just missing something obvious. I have redone the suspension and the brake files twice with no success. I just need someone's fresh perspective.
Send a link, here or PM, and I'll take a look.

Ooooh, just saw this Porsche 917 Tribute. I think ExMods has it for AC--only Patreons can get it. ☹️☹️

1625710455182.png

Australia
Australia
Has anyone tried the new "Generate LODs" feature of Content Manager? If this works well it will open up many possibilities for players with not-so-good PCs like me.
Yep. I have been making LODs with it for our 2006 LM/LMES/ALMS mod. It works well and no more 99% CPU messages with 30 cars at lemans. I have been using these settings:
LOD B: 35000
LOD C: 15000
LOD D: 4000

United States
United States
can anyone help me out with a problem I am having. I just bought an Oddor handbrake from amazon to use with my T300 and whenever I'm in-game the ebrake is always on and I can't really actuate it.

amazezinger
Yep. I have been making LODs with it for our 2006 LM/LMES/ALMS mod. It works well and no more 99% CPU messages with 30 cars at lemans. I have been using these settings:
LOD B: 35000
LOD C: 15000
LOD D: 4000

HI I cant seem to get the plugin for the lod generator working, i think its called simplygon or something? how did u do it? The generator is stuck at 15% on any car. Thanks!

1625720659744.png

Last edited:
Australia
Australia
Lam
How does CM do that exactly??
I mistakenly change the screen type in video settings, while keeping the same resolution (2560x1440), from 'single screen' to 'oculus rift' and lost neck fx, but on the other hand the picture's become much sharper and frametate gain about 20‐30 fps... now I don't want to revert back to 'single screen', how can I get neck fx back without having to switch back to 'single screen' setting.
Anyone has a clue please?
tick [Use with VR] if it is not ticked. (and trackir if you have it. )
1625734733399.png

Last edited:
United States
United States
Last edited:
Spain
Spain
Hi everyone.

I was trying to recollect as many 2021 open wheelers as possible when I came across with this car, the dallara 320.

1421 47 61.jpg
19-22-Dallara-320-at-Varano.jpg

We don't have this car in AC but we have a very well done mod of its predecesor, the dallara f317

preview-53-otz0dxgsd7izwfgb0m9bayn15pa04917j3qjzzuk1q.jpg

Can someone please make some little touches to this car to look like the dallara 320? (Adding the halo and more stuff...)

I'm asking you guys because I'm useless in modding...

United States
Chicago, USA
EASY -- I understand some things are personal taste, but CrisT already did a grassfx and VAO update for Bremgarten. You may want to consider what was previously discussed... (and that you're adding AO on top of the AO that Fat-Alfie already included)
TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

FAT-ALFIE Bremgarten

• Updated EXT_CONFIG with RainFX, GrassFX and water (Updated v1.1 with the original grass by Fat-Alfie tweaked)
  • New VAO Patches

Generally i like and have no problem with your work, and want to thank you for it with this occasion. But with the grass fx, you inserted at the ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = vegetation the original vegetation which was made with great effort and careful placement by Fat Alfie. Lots of bushes, flowers disappear like this that is a great part of the design. I think its better with leaving the original vegetation in together with grassfx. Just my opinion

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
EASY -- I understand some things are personal taste, but CrisT already did a grassfx and VAO update for Bremgarten. You may want to consider what was previously discussed... (and that you're adding AO on top of the AO that Fat-Alfie already included)
You beat me to it lol. Was just writing a post to say the same thing.

I mean it's not like Fat-Alfie worked many hours on making an awesome looking track only for it to get bastardised into a shadow of it's former self.

This is getting ridiculous now.

I should add that in it's original form, Bremgarten looks amazing and no one should be messing with it as it really doesn't need re-working.

Last edited:
Mali
Mali
Belgium
Belgium
You beat me to it lol. Was just writing a post to say the same thing.

I mean it's not like Fat-Alfie worked many hours on making an awesome looking track only for it to get bastardised into a shadow of it's former self.

This is getting ridiculous now.

I should add that in it's original form, Bremgarten looks amazing and no one should be messing with it as it really doesn't need re-working.
Messing with Fat-Alfie tracks could be considered as blasphemy... 🤔 😇

torches-and-pitchforks.jpg

Last edited: