Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,208 comments
ha, nope, that only queensland ;)
As someone who lives in Queensland, I can agree with that. But those are starting to thin out. I mean that could change at 4 o'clock this afternoon though. But you'll to go to Logan to see those people that you are referring to. People like me who live on the Gold Coast... are exactly the same. Especially when it comes to Schoolies many hotels have seen more destruction that a F1 lobby.

a virus in a skin? o'rlly?
So you are telling me there is some magical 0day exploit affecting .zip, ,rar, .7z,.json, .png or .dds being exploited in the wild?

A load of BS is what it is.

Unless the skins were packaged as an exe... there never was any "virus" in a skin.
never... ever... not once.
It was packaged as an .exe and no, it was not ********. Some guy stole skins from others, releasing as his own and packaged it as a exe

It was packaged as an .exe and no, it was not ********. Some guy stole skins from others, releasing as his own and packaged it as a exe
lmao. I would never blindly run an archive exe or installer, I unpack them by hand.

I never seen a skin package as an exe. The Virginia (VIR) track has some passworded exe files for "bonus" routes (simply right click and unpack without a password using 7zip)

Last edited:
lmao. I would never blindly run an archive exe or installer, I unpack them by hand.

I never seen a skin package as an exe. The Virginia (VIR) track has some passworded exe files for "bonus" routes (simply right click and unpack without a password using 7zip)
you can call any exe or do lots of sneaky things with phyton so yeah.

So you are telling me there is some magical 0day exploit affecting .zip, ,rar, .7z,.json, .png or .dds being exploited in the wild?

Unless the skins were packaged as an exe... there never was any "virus" in a skin.
hate to tell you but you are wrong. These were not normal skins. They had an installer program to install the skin so it very easy to embed a virus in them.

RTB isn't bad, it's a lot more flexible than it looks at first glance and the default assets can always be skipped in favor of different ones. It has some weaknesses, but there are also some HUGE time-saves in there like tree placement, laying roads down, string objects for things like fences and telephone poles, setting up grids, pit boxes, and timing objects. Grabbing the imagery from google and being able to paint on top of it and have it output a ksmultilayer based material is also a huge strength.

There's a lot of crap made with a minimum of effort in RTB, but the same can be said of any 3D tool. There's also a lot of great tracks built with RTB that look and drive great because the author put in the time to use all the tools it provides.

Sure, all of this stuff can be done in blender or some other expensive 3D tool, but it's a much larger learning curve.

Also the support is great. I've reported bugs and had the developer contact me directly and work with me to troubleshoot and fix the bugs with test builds and stuff.

I do wish I could rename road objects though. Such a pain to go in and do that later because I always forget to rename the pit to 1PIT_*

For scratch built stuff I'm definitely sticking with RTB, but I've moved all of my track conversion workflow for converted tracks over to blender. (I was using 3dSimEd almost exclusively for track conversions before and blender blows it away there)
The day he adds the ability to "import mesh as terrain" it will be truly useful, as it is though, to do any meaningful work on textures and terrain object (vertice group painting etc) you must export, and once exported it can never come back to be adjusted for roads etc.

the google terrain telemetry, is not bare earth, and its 30m at best, so heavily tree'd areas the elevation will be completely off, if he added the above function, we could grab good 5 or even 2m bare earth dem and build good tracks. once i realised how really bad the google data was i stopped using rtb altogether. starting a project from a flawed base is not a great start.(unless fantasy tracks are being built?) In the clip notice that RTB gave me a basically flat surface to work on, the real area has quite detailed terrain.. lets hope he makes the right decision, stops with that silly xpack nonsense and give the userbase that thing they have been asking for since BTB...

Last edited:
hate to tell you but you are wrong. These were not normal skins. They had an installer program to install the skin so it very easy to embed a virus in them.
I appreciate that these might trip up a newcomer.
But I'd be surprised if any regulars here would open a single skin that comes as an exe file.
Still, it would be better to get them off Race Dept regardless, as that does seem to be the first port of call for anyone new to AC.

DiRT Rally - Lydden / Tarmac + Rallycross v1.0

Screenshot_ks_toyota_celica_st185_rmi_dirt_lydden_29-7-121-1-49-10.jpg
Screenshot_lancia_delta_intergrale_evo_rmi_dirt_lydden_28-7-121-23-22-42.jpg

features:
  • 6 pit/grid
  • 2 layouts with full tarmac and rallycross (tarmac layout is all new)
  • AI for both layouts (rallycross AI will always take the lower joker)
  • CSP grass, lights, VAO

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
You are simply missing a font! Unpack car data, open digital_instruments.ini, check which font is missing, download and install it, problem solved. :)
Thank you for your answer and help, unfortunately, the Fonts file did not solve the problem either. There are no Instruments ads

Does anyone know of a variation for Bridgehampton that has the cones as pobjects and the tyres causing impact?

I've already fixed in my own version, cones were no issue as they are in their own kn5, but, the buried tyres are in the main kn5. i phymeshed them and adjust the impact height in models.ini, but before I go through all this trouble, (and altering a lilski track is as sacriligious as the people "fixing" fat alphie tracks) hoping someone might know of a version already containing it? Maybe released by lilski himself? or is the way to pull this off in ext_config?
1628409191738.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
yes, it is the site, but Ningbo has very bad quality, i deleted it.
Skyten v0.95 : invisible walls in a turn, huge force feedback in my Simucube 2, I almost broke my wrist !!! Just compare the Ningbo v0.95 Skyten version and the Yongcheng International 2020 version (reworked version 2020 by GTPlanet)
nothing to add ..... I delete the Skyten version ;)

Ningbo TRMOD version
Ningbo.JPG

Yongcheng International (Ningbo GTPlanet reworked version)
2.JPG

Last edited:
v1.3
remove the passenger seat in the setup :D

unknown.png

unknown.png
update v1.3 on Assettoland website too ??? or just on your forum ?
I had already removed the passenger seat in version 1.1 but people keep asking me for updates for this mod and I can't do anything 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

exe files in ac are useless like using a fork to eat the broth 😂 Same here, never trust blindly an exe

If you are already registered there would you mind grabbing the following free tracks please?

Xiangyang Dream Formula Circuit

Zhejiang International Circuit-enhanced version of zhejiang racing v1.2 (this might be the original circuit with my updates? not sure)

Zhejiang Wuyi Circuit st wuyitk v1.0

and if you wouldn't mind grabbing Ningbo again, it might be useful for an update I'm working on

How much are the paid tracks? They look pretty good.

Cheers.

Ningbo Polycode version 50-60 dollars I believe

Hello,
I found that Tommy's Opel Omega and Ford Mustang doesn't have wheels in the game, but all is OK in showroom. Could you please advise how to fix it?
SCP Version is 0.1.75

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    223.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_gra_nissan_r32_rt_suzuka_8-7-121-14-26-47.jpg
    Screenshot_gra_nissan_r32_rt_suzuka_8-7-121-14-26-47.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_gra_nissan_r32_rt_suzuka_8-7-121-14-27-12.jpg
    Screenshot_gra_nissan_r32_rt_suzuka_8-7-121-14-27-12.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 36
Does anyone know of a variation for Bridgehampton that has the cones as pobjects and the tyres causing impact?

I've already fixed in my own version, cones were no issue as they are in their own kn5, but, the buried tyres are in the main kn5. i phymeshed them and adjust the impact height in models.ini, but before I go through all this trouble, (and altering a lilski track is as sacriligious as the people "fixing" fat alphie tracks) hoping someone might know of a version already containing it? Maybe released by lilski himself? or is the way to pull this off in ext_config?
View attachment 1072939
While he's at it, I wish LilSki would make the Bridgehampton (and Riverside) offline 'sand' a little more cloying. IRL, putting 4 wheels off would bring you to a complete halt in a hundred feet (unless you were going 300 kph or were driving an unstoppable object like a NASCAR) or flip you over. But, yeah, making the half-buried tires more dangerous (like the concrete-filled ones in the original Mexico City) would help keep the hot-shoes more honest.

Last edited:

Edit yep read all the new entries before posting 🥴
Might have been already answered but it was in an installer.exe file. Reported to RD and now removed several of their posts

Last edited:
Hello,
I found that Tommy's Opel Omega and Ford Mustang doesn't have wheels in the game, but all is OK in showroom. Could you please advise how to fix it?
SCP Version is 0.1.75
Both cars have visible wheels in game:

t78_omega.png

t78_mustang.png

But there could be something, since in showroom (Kunos as well as CM) both cars have different wheels (the Omega then has the wheels of the in-game Mustang)...

__custom_showroom_1628425174.png

__custom_showroom_1628425135.png

Last edited:
It's using csp to swap the wheels 3d model in game with another one inside the extension folder. If the cars weren't installed correctly it may be that those wheel models are missing
Ah yes, never really paid attention to the wheels, but I see now that there's a choice of wheels in the extension folder, thanks for reminding me.

Like here the Mustang whith other wheels (same in showroom as in game):
t78_mustang_solid.png

Last edited:
DiRT Rally - Lydden / Tarmac + Rallycross v1.0

View attachment 1072935View attachment 1072936

features:
  • 6 pit/grid
  • 2 layouts with full tarmac and rallycross (tarmac layout is all new)
  • AI for both layouts (rallycross AI will always take the lower joker)
  • CSP grass, lights, VAO

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Beautiful, not really a fan of rally in the AC engine but these RX tracks work great. A mixture of drift/rally in a condensed circuit. 10/10

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back