Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
A bit of an question here why do my rear tires blow out when i'm doing donuts? For some odd reason this happens even when i push the car a bit on sand i give it 100% throttle and again both can blow. Is there anything causing this? suspension.ini maybe? or something with tyres.ini? The car is a pretty heavy AWD car and has a quite a bit of torque so maybe that's causing it?
View attachment 1073060
I just recently found this, within the Tyre.ini look for

[EXPLOSION]
TEMPERATURE=

You can change the temperature when the tire blow out or remove it completely.

I personally love this! I was watching a replay of 2 Porsche 911 GT3R 2019 A.I.s battle each other in Maple Valley, after a few laps one of the cars suddenly spin out with red sparks flying everywhere. This was before I knew tire blow out even existed in AC.

Last edited:
Ah yes, never really paid attention to the wheels, but I see now that there's a choice of wheels in the extension folder, thanks for reminding me.

Like here the Mustang whith other wheels (same in showroom as in game):
View attachment 1072973
Okay, I don't have extension folder for both cars. Could you please share this extention?
Or could you please tell how to swap wheels by csp?

Thank you for your answer and help, unfortunately, the Fonts file did not solve the problem either. There are no Instruments ads
Where did you download this Jag? I've just checked my archive (Jaguar_G3_Emil_Frey_ACC_v1.2_GTPlanet_Modding_Team.7z) and all required fonts are included!

There is a mod at RaceDepartment. It looks like a basic RTB track that needs a lot of work.
Ah go on then, you've convinced me. I'll take a look and see what I can do with it. I've updated a few RTB tracks now, so I should at least be able to throw a quick skin together. Maybe more.
I'll download it and see what needs fixing.

Last edited:
It might be Toronto Motorsports Park. Still not 100% sure.

Having wind turbines and growing crops around the track is a great idea. It helps to offset the costs of maintaining the track.

There is a mod at RaceDepartment. It looks like a basic RTB track that needs a lot of work. It also has the same folder name as the Toronto Indy 2021 track mod.

There is another version of this track on RD. But it is also very poor quality: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/toronto-motorsport-park-cayuga-v-2-0.19173/ (folder name: tmpcayuga)

In the end I deleted the row of houses that were in the port and I have put the pool and the pool building of the modern monaco, this has not been easy, well rather yes, but it has been very laborious, the geometry of the modern circuit is very different from the circuit that I am working on, this means that it is not a matter of 'delete, copy and paste' putting the pool there took several hours.

The windows is also a similar job, you have to make the frames to take them out because if not in the distance they are clipped a lot, the only way is to separate the window from the wall a lot so that it does not clip but this is very bad when you are close to it. he sees that separation a lot.

I have added a lot of detail to the original modern monaco buildings, windows, frames, doors, cornices.

The castle is no longer an ornament, now it is an area that can be visited and will be a connection area, the other door will lead to a different path from which you enter.

Now the map, although it is not seen in the video, has about 50km of travel, when I finish with the Monaco part and that is still a long way off, I will start with the other areas.

In the new part of the city you can see buildings from other cities in the world, such as the pyramid, this does not mean that in the final version those buildings are still there, in that part of the city is where I have piled up all the materials that I am using it so that part is going to change a lot, with the finished map you will not have the perception of having left a European town.

About performance:

d824abdad5735c5ba9240e0169a38bc3o.png

🙂 70fps With 20 ai cars out there making their way, this is very good news, because it means that in line with 20 cars on the track the performance would be even higher.

At the end of everything when unifying materials and grouping elements, I could put up to 50 pits

There is another version of this track on RD. But it is also very poor quality: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/toronto-motorsport-park-cayuga-v-2-0.19173/ (folder name: tmpcayuga)
Yeah, I just fired up the one that @ApexVGear linked and... that's not fixable.

I'll take a look at this one. It's a drift circuit, but I can sort out the AI etc if I need to.

EDIT: I've just tried this one. I'm sorry, but I think both versions are beyond help.

This one puts all of its textures directly onto the the satellite imagery, and even though there are separate textures for the grass etc in the folder, changing them has no effect.

The previous version doesn't have defined track edges. The track is literally painted on to the the satellite imagery...

So I'm afraid that I can't do anything with either of these. And to be completely honest, I'm surprised either was released in the state that they are in. Personally I'd be embarrassed to attach my name to them...

Last edited:
1998 Ferrari 333 SP - Pilot Racing #10

I will update the resource to make the skinpack

Enjoy, hope you like it.

View attachment 1073074
View attachment 1073075
firstly I just want to say you bringing these cars/skins to AC has been outstanding it's great to see these skins from the 90s which no one had a crack at creating, honestly great work lad.

The new VW Jetta GT on Assettoland ain't bad but appears way off-centre when creating custom previews.
Had a quick look for rogue satellite geometry in Blender but couldn't find any, and it's centred at 0,0,0.
I seem to remember some car in the dim and distant past having the same issue, but can't remember what it was or how it was fixed.
Anyone got a better memory not pickled by single malt?

Last edited:
Thank you so much!! Making skins helps me as a kind of relaxation exercise, so it's great to hear this
Just keep on relaxing man, I think your LM skins are widely appreciated, people just don't say it out loud that often.

Ferrari 333 SP has been in desperate need for additional skins. So if you're building a pack of them, that's very good news to me. I'm sure I will enjoy and like them allright!

Late reply, just got on my rig. That's the exact same version that I have been using since it came available. I can't say I find this track too bumpy.
Maybe it was about the car i tried it with. Maybe it will work better with a Kunos GT3 car or a car with better suspension. Thanks for your feedback though 👍.

A another question um does anyone know what controls this tire PSI resistance from what it seems? for some odd reason when the tires get like around 5 to 6 more PSI they just completely turn red is there anything that can increase the durability of the tire? Thankfully the tire now doesn't explode thanks to MeltFire's solution.
2021.08.09-15.08.png

Last edited:
Can anyone identify this track? I'm probably going to slap myself in the forehead if someone can.

After some research it's seems to be the ancient Dunnville Autodrome on Ontario

dun.gif

on the vidéo
da.png

Last edited:
If I understood correctly there will still be updates for this car so we can certainly wait for version 1.0 maybe better
I hope it gets the AO map sorted because I cant get one from it at the moment - both body.dds and paint.dds seem to have different texture maps?

Attachments

• wiremap.png
    wiremap.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 13
  • AO_body.png
    AO_body.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 13
  • body.jpg
    body.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 11
  • PAINTX.png
    PAINTX.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 14
A another question um does anyone know what controls this tire PSI resistance from what it seems? for some odd reason when the tires get like around 5 to 6 more PSI they just completely turn red is there anything that can increase the durability of the tire? Thankfully the tire now doesn't explode thanks to MeltFire's solution.
View attachment 1073232
It's the temperature that turns the tires red. The temperature curve for the tires is usually in a .lut-file beginning with "tcurve".

I increase/decrease cool factors (COOL_FACTOR) in tyres.ini to control how fast tyres heat up and then set up ideal tyre pressure (PRESSURE_IDEAL), and PRESSURE_STATIC if needed.

EDIT. typos

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back