Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,094 comments
My "fake" version of the Porsche LMP1-1998 ( Team Porsche AG/Joest Racing ).

Attachments

• PorscheAG.Joest.png
    PorscheAG.Joest.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 75
  • porsche7.png
    porsche7.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 77
  • porsche8.png
    porsche8.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 77
@jslick007

I found the pipeline cars quite educational a few years back although there's probably tutorials these days. I remember deciding to stick to tracks when my first car didn't allow me to see through the windshield. XD

3DSmax has on right click the option to copy or clone items You can rename/move them there and then if you wish.

I would start with a car you don't love so if it turns out bad you won't be too worried.

Either way, you should START! Just remember to listen to good, constructive feedback and ignore the haters.

@DerLucky
Windshields are NOT my thing but it might be a reversed normal. Worth a shot and easy to do with most 3D software.
Thanks for the tip on the pipeline doc and 3DS Max, I was able to "detach" the meshes I wanted and named the objects according to the pipeline, so some progress being made and it makes more sense than what I was doing (reverse engineering...)

I did not say it was the fault of this site, i was only asking for help, someone my have had the same issues i am having (i.e anyone).
I didn't say you said it was our fault. You know it is easy's site, so contact him. None of the rest of us can help you.

I know we have discussed it before and that there is one in RF2 but I cannot find a link!
Is there a Palm Beach International Raceway track out there for AC?

Last edited:
Ok, so, I added all Marshall stands, Marshalls and Cranes. I will look at the flags next. Pyyer - I will send to you so you can release update. I put quality into the details, rotations, location, depth placement etc.
I already took a shot at cranes but yours seem better so we will keep them 👍
Colors probably will have to be changed (I think the high ones are black and red)

If you have no time for flags, don't worry I will make them... 😉

So just wait for your files before releasing update 3.0

Please ,ote that I also add some tents behind emirates billboards at turn 8 and new ground texture at turn 10
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_zandvoort2020_8-8-121-0-22-12.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_zandvoort2020_8-8-121-0-16-51.jpg

At this point @Pyyer feel free to use my ext_config and cams for your next update, so we can have a only-final version of this track if you want and maybe if you can, try to fix the semaphore texture (with my config i removed a metal plate placed in front of the lights) but the lights itself have a material name identical with the wall on the top of the pitlane building, so once fixed one texture, also the wall have the same texture as the lights.
Thank you I will update the ext_config with your last changes 🙂 👍
And I will take a look at the material name issue 😉😉

Assetto Corsa Air Force!

It would be cool to put like a B-52, B2, fighter jets and UFO's at the Area 51 track haha

Question, is there an easy way to add grid slots to KS/Mod tracks? With respect to the original modders that are making incredible tracks, i've noticed some are limited to 20,24,26 grid slots. Lately i've been doing faux-WEC races with grids between 30-40 cars. I know of how to add pit boxes for track days (going into the UI file) but other than that I don't know if there is (emphasis on) easy way to add grid slots to some of my favorite tracks?

Zandvoort 2020 - Pyyer extension "grandstands2021 file" update - I updated the grandstands2021.kn5 file that came with Pyyer's 2.1 update. You can just replace the file in the track extension folder. This update will add Marshall Stands, Marshalls, Cranes and Basic Flags on the Start Finish Temp Stands.

My hope is for Pyyer to release this in his next update. I probably will end my updates here. You can use in the meantime until he release it.
Didn't see it. Thank you very much. Will probably have to make some adjustments but be sure I will credit you for this 😉

Question, is there an easy way to add grid slots to KS/Mod tracks? With respect to the original modders that are making incredible tracks, i've noticed some are limited to 20,24,26 grid slots. Lately i've been doing faux-WEC races with grids between 30-40 cars. I know of how to add pit boxes for track days (going into the UI file) but other than that I don't know if there is (emphasis on) easy way to add grid slots to some of my favorite tracks?
Im making tracks for a long time... so please tell me about this magic UI hack of how to add pit/grid spots via UI edit.
(And then you ask for an "easy way" to add pit/grids, when simply editing a UI.json will get YOU the same result..)

Your logic speaks volumes about actual facts (not)

actual easy way:
make new grid/pits add-on .kn5, add via models.ini

Last edited:
I already took a shot at cranes but yours seem better so we will keep them 👍
Colors probably will have to be changed (I think the high ones are black and red)

If you have no time for flags, don't worry I will make them... 😉

So just wait for your files before releasing update 3.0

Please ,ote that I also add some tents behind emirates billboards at turn 8 and new ground texture at turn 10
View attachment 1078758
View attachment 1078759

Thank you I will update the ext_config with your last changes 🙂 👍
And I will take a look at the material name issue 😉😉
Once you have the full update ready, if you want send it to me so i can (if needed) make the latest fix to the ext_config and the you can release a full final update, so people don't have to download 2-3-4-5 diffrent updates and mess up their folders ;)

I already have a beta version almost ready, it is going to include all these new things.

c7a914af95e7f0d89be0c961515261f6o.jpg

But now is really when I am going to work on this map, all that I have not modified so far is because I am going to do it from scratch or almost, because sadly although the geometry is extracted from google data, the buildings are very poorly positioned, nothing to do with real life, I am going to correct this because I want to enlarge (much more) the map.

Hi, may I ask for some advice please. I've tried both sets of ETRC trucks, and like them both for different reasons. They have identical folder and filenames. How would I go about making a duplicate set with a different name, so I can use either. So like an ETRC RMI and ETRC G0D? Is that possible? What would I need to change?

Is there a quick and easy way to edit a camera position on a track? On the Bahrain 2020 (GP) track there seems to be a camera that is sat behind a wall (at Turn 10 I think) which spoils things somewhat!

Last edited:
Is there a quick and easy way to edit a camera position on a track? On the Bahrain 2020 (GP) track there seems to be a camera that is sat behind a wall (at Turn 10 I think) which spoils things somewhat!
Way yes, easy no.

BTW if you talk about the Bahrain version of Lavalamp i made a set cams for all layouts

I use whatever I've slapped together this month. :P

Enjoy your cough wipeouts.

Donation rules:
1: cash or non-perishable food items only
2: delivered in person to your nearest homeless
3: "fix" it and throw it on a pay per click site so you can get your money back like I'm a hooker in GTA

cool track .. which car do you use for the snow?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back