Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,097 comments
@kran. I used to add the following disclaimer to the AC setups I posted over at the dreaded RD:

Why I test at Elkhart Lake. 1. It doesn't have any stupidly slow hairpins or chicanes, which interfere with repeatability...at least the way I drive. Spa would be ideal for testing if it weren't for that ugly, contorted chicane at the end of the lap. 2. The Carousel. Unlike the Nordschleife's Karusel (tight and lumpy), RA's Carousel (fast and smooth) is the closest thing you'll find to a high-speed, steady-state skid pad (or 'pan' as they call it in Blighty). It will give you an indication of absolute grip, with numbers you can compare, car-to-car and setup-to-setup (anything under 100 mph = pokey; anything over = speedy). 3. The Kink. The scariest turn in North America. Little cars will barely notice it, but big cars will make or break a decent lap-time depending on whether your setup allows you to take it flat out. Or not.

I personally use Crema Test Track/Complex by @RMi_wood
Thanks everyone for your answers! I have not tried Lake Elkhard, I think it is a very long test track, but I will try. Krema Test is a good track and very well suited for tests. In the Magni Course track, I really like the second turn (arc) and braking in this turn - this will show how your car is made. Also, a bunch of turns, which starts under the bridge, after a long straight, is also good for a car test. And of course, a bunch of last turns shows what the physics of the car is worth. I have tried a lot of tracks, but the Magni Course has been the best for me lately for the test.

Last edited:
Exactly, speed does not matter, the ai line is not a "ghost lap".

In fact, it is recommended to do it as slowly as possible, it is also recommended to do this ai line with a similar car or the same car with which you are going to race on the track.

To give you a basic idea of how to make an ai line, keep this factor in mind:

The older the car the ai line has to go to the center of the track, modern cars that (above all) brake well, tighter to the curve, for example with a modern f1 you can adjust the curves almost to the maximum, but that line wouldn't fit a car from the 60s-80s

Edit, a very very important thing to make an optimal line of trace is that the boundaries of the track must be perfect, that completely affects the line of ai (the red stripes on the sides of the track)
I intend to race with very, very old cars (the oldest and slowest being 99 years old) so I guess I should probably record the lap with that car. I recorded one line already, but the AI cars seem to have a lot of trouble in some areas of the track. I'm not the best driver, nor I have the best equipment (no wheel) but I'll try to have some fun. I've been adjusting the data of the cars to more or less match them. I'm going for a fuel-based balance; the faster a car is, the less fuel is able to carry in relation to slower cars and therefore will need to make more stops. I will be using a fuel consumption multiplier of x5.

AI lines can be moved/adjusted in KSeditor too, assuming you have a working fbx export (seems 3Dsimed is best for this.) using the numpad. Ten- keyless users will really suffer using an on screen keyboard but its do-able for minor changes.

I intend to race with very, very old cars (the oldest and slowest being 99 years old) so I guess I should probably record the lap with that car. I recorded one line already, but the AI cars seem to have a lot of trouble in some areas of the track. I'm not the best driver, nor I have the best equipment (no wheel) but I'll try to have some fun. I've been adjusting the data of the cars to more or less match them. I'm going for a fuel-based balance; the faster a car is, the less fuel is able to carry in relation to slower cars and therefore will need to make more stops. I will be using a fuel consumption multiplier of x5.
To make an ai line in good conditions you need yes or yes a steering wheel, an ai recorded with a gamepad considers any turn as if you turned the steering wheel completely and this greatly affects the ai, one of the particularities that the assetto corsa ai has to draw curves is the turn of the steering wheel that you apply, the more turn of the steering wheel the slower the curve will do.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say its not possible without a wheel, just WAY faster than resampling and editing by hand.
it would take less time to find someone who would do that line with a steering wheel than to remaster in ksedit a line made with gamepad hahahah

Anyway, the possibilities AC has with AI (when you understand how it works) make my head explode hahah

In 2021, as far as graphic quality is concerned, the csp does 70% of the work or more.

If I had to add all that grass and the rain 'by hand' it would not even have 30% done and we are only talking about the grass and the rain ...

It is true that I am modeling that map with the CSP in mind, without that everything looks very different (horrible)

Hello, just reinstalled CrewChief and I noticed an "Assetto Corsa Rally" in the game selection window
1) is it referring to a specific mod? If so, which one? Or
2) is it referring to generic rally tracks and cars?
Thank you.

Is anyone working on a Porsche Mission R mod? There's enough photos and angles to use as reference for modeling it... unless someone is able to get the model featured in the videos... or knows a "mole" at Porsche. ...or Porsche takes KTM's lead and release their own (not holding my breath).

View attachment 1078689

New models will be out in due time. In fact, many new car models are sourced directly from the manufacturer now.

Would like to ask if somebody could fix Lancia Stratos Gr4 mod please?
The mirrors don't work and front windshield has some kind of milky filter that screws visibility. I would appreciate it very much if someone could help with that.

20210907-174402-ablz_targaflorio73-lancia_stratos_gr4.jpg

Car D/L link (it's from assettoland):
https://mega.nz/file/dVUz0YJI#8UJZqh10gLLKTgUws7eBayyS6BACqpehrYVWRVAnMk4

EDIT:
Actually I like the original mod better than this updated one (at least the front windshield is fine there). Only mirrors don't work but I can live with that.
So I retract my request for fixing this mod.

Last edited:
Is anyone working on a Porsche Mission R mod? There's enough photos and angles to use as reference for modeling it... unless someone is able to get the model featured in the videos... or knows a "mole" at Porsche. ...or Porsche takes KTM's lead and release their own (not holding my breath).

View attachment 1078689

Attachments

• r.jpeg
    r.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi. I would like to finish the model but due to my palms disability it is very difficult for me to do it. A few people helped me already, thank you all very much ❤️, but there are a few more things to fix. Can you help me please?

1. I'm not happy how looks all indicators lights, night back and night stop and reverse. Those lights needs refractionfx to look like real lamps not like blinking dots. Mini has not LED lamps but normal lamps. In attached URL you will find photos and videos from real car to compare. Photos are not 100% accurate becuse lamps color looks a little bit pink, in real life is red. Front lamps and front fog are OK. Please don't change it.

2. From exterior camera probably it's not visible how wipers removes rain. How to do this?

3. Interior lighting from dashboard Indicators to driver body it's to high. I don't know which ext values allow me to low it?

4. I think default driver is not the best choice. Which one will be the best? Classic GB guy? This is Mini Cooper sport 500, latest classic mini.

Download all in one folder https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zqpm30zprwnb01n/AAAK1TITyXFdxr7K80_iCyWva?dl=0
Would you be able to help, @__EASY__?

Would like to ask if somebody could fix Lancia Stratos Gr4 mod please?
The mirrors don't work and front windshield has some kind of milky filter that screws visibility. I would appreciate it very much if someone could help with that.

View attachment 1078695

Car D/L link (it's from assettoland):
https://mega.nz/file/dVUz0YJI#8UJZqh10gLLKTgUws7eBayyS6BACqpehrYVWRVAnMk4
You should try the version of our friend @__EASY__
Hope he doesn't mind sharing :)

I think, if I look at the AMR, a video and the download link will be suggested to me immediately
Well, I think that if I look for the title of a movie and add "torrent" to it the download link will be suggested to me immediately.
I don't think being able to find something means that it's then legit, then again it's rtm, I wouldn't personally care, none of their mods would be worth a cent

Some of Velos cars have 2 windshields (in and out), or flickering (e.g the jaguar le mans) how to disable that? He says its all fine.

Some of Velos cars have 2 windshields (in and out), or flickering (e.g the jaguar le mans) how to disable that? He says its all fine.
If the two windshields are done correctly (one with the normals facing one way and the second one with the normals facing the opposite way) there should be no flickering. My best bet is that they both have the same normals orientation

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back