Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,094 comments
From FB. This is not my mod. Support the author and FB group if you can.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erik Wispelwey Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos

Okay, the illustrious quartet is done.
1. '68 Firebird SB2, non-stock, original by SBH.
No animated parts.
Tbh, it only looks like a '68 Firebird, it's more of a supercar in a Firebird skin. Why? Why not!
Note. In some CSP versions this might have an issue with ingame shadow. I went back to 0.1.60 and have no issues now.
https://www.mediafire.com/.../68_pontiac_firebird.../file

2. Aston Martin One-77R, non-stock, original by AssettoDrive.
Only animated doors and wing.
It has the Victor engine which can/could be retrofitted IRL too.
https://www.mediafire.com/.../aston_martin_one77r.zip/file

3. Aston Martin Vantage V12, pretty much stock (no wing), original by AssettoGarage and first updated by Han Zhao.
No animated parts.
A lot of bodyparts can be separately colored and/or matted if so desired.
https://www.mediafire.com/.../aston_martin_vantage.../file

4. Aston Martin Vantage GT8R, non-stock, origins same as GT12.
No animated parts. Even more bodyparts can be colored and /or matted sepatarately.
https://www.mediafire.com/.../aston_martin_vantage.../file

My default driver, the sunglassed man:
https://www.mediafire.com/.../driver_sunglasses.zip/file

May be an image of car

If anyone is experiencing the same problem, I found a fix. Unpack the data.acd and delete digital_instrument.ini

Most attempt at fixes online that I found ask you to delete the analog_instrument.ini or disable "accurate tacho" in CSP extensions, which doesn't work.

Tagging @gladbecker82 because you had the same problem with a car back in 2019. Don't know if you've solved it yet, but hope this helps (as well as anyone with the same problem).

I wonder if people actually test their cars before releasing it sometimes...
Is there an update for this car? I am getting an update via CM, yet it fails due to the google drive limits. I went to the paetron (sp?) and same problem with the google drive limits when attempting to download. Thank you.

Attachments

• hq.JPG
    hq.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 13
LMAO, Are you seriously trying to school the guy that has driven the real car on the real Nurburgring with more than 50,000KM of experience on the Ring alone alongside data from Manthey Racing, a highly established and reputable race team that broke the Nurburgring record with this exact same car on physics?
LMAO, Are you seriously trying to defy the laws of physics?
How about you take it back a notch and act more civil in your conversations?

Just because someone has great experience with their own car, doesn't translate into being able to perfectly replicate it in game.
It's quite simple, you just need to compare what you see in AC, with what you see in the record video / sebastian's video.
I dare you to make a video of you taking the carousel at 94 kmh in AC, because that's what the GT2 RS MR can do.
I drive an S63 AMG which I take to the limit occasionally and I based my C63 physics on it and even I know that AC has certain limitations that you just can't replicate. Like for example the steering being very hard in real life, while you can't set that in AC.
I also did my friend's G35S, which is spot on according to him.

I don't know if your sudden hostility was because you misunderstood me, because like I've said, the GT2 RS MR physics is a great start, but the car does have it's issues.

That would depend on your sim wheel. Try a Direct Drive wheel…
Hmm I don't know what you mean by that tbh, but what I wanted to say is that there's no parameter for setting how hard is it to turn your wheel in AC. You can increase the FFB multiplier, which makes it harder to turn the wheel, but that'll also increase everything else like if you hit a curb your wheel would move more violently.
If the direct drive wheel would make it harder to steer the wheel, I don't think it'd solve the issue of AC, because some cars in real life have super easy steering wheel which you can literally steer with your little finger, some cars have great feedback with a harder to steer wheel and some have great feedback with a quite light steering.

Hmm I don't know what you mean by that tbh, but what I wanted to say is that there's no parameter for setting how hard is it to turn your wheel in AC. You can increase the FFB multiplier, which makes it harder to turn the wheel, but that'll also increase everything else like if you hit a curb your wheel would move more violently.
If the direct drive wheel would make it harder to steer the wheel, I don't think it'd solve the issue of AC, because some cars in real life have super easy steering wheel which you can literally steer with your little finger, some cars have great feedback with a harder to steer wheel and some have great feedback with a quite light steering.
What I mean is that a Direct Drive wheel transmits every feel in AC (and any other sim for that matter) much better and more detailed than a belt-or gear driven wheel does.
Not by making it harder to steer (though you can do that too if that suits you).

AC suspension and steering geometry has a direct effect on how you FEEL the forces.

Sorry guys. I would like to start a Stock Car Brasil 2021 Champ with Rubinho. I have all the cars and circuits but...when can I found the real number of laps for each race to edit correctly the season? Thanks.

Last edited:
hi guys and thanks again for your help .
i found that sound problem doesn't exist with the original AC .
Its exist only when i try to get in with CM .
Do I need to delete CM or I should try to reinstall it ?
Check the audio output setting in CM, maybe you have to change it?

Attachments

• cm sound.jpg
    cm sound.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Coast v1.0

bgr_01.jpg
bgr_02.jpg

the story:

"New money and old things...
The recent explosion of crypto investment, especially among the young Chinese expresses itself in many ways... and this private island course is no exception! The backstory? We dont know much but what we can figure out is that this small island, located somewhere in the South China Sea, was once under the control of the PRC during the 50s and 60s as a military outpost. It is rumored that at some point it found its way into private hands of a high ranking official and 'removed from the books' so to say. Fast forward to today and it seems that... this island was bought for an undisclosed sum by a semi-mysterious group known only as the "Racekings".

Thought to be a consortium of 'new' millionaires and billionaires, they are exotic automobile enthusiasts and bought this hidden gem to enjoy their expensive toys outside the watchful eyes of the Chinese government. Contrasting with ancient ruins the group has begun to outfit the island with modern recreations of classic Chinese architecture to create a unique aura and experience for the group to enjoy. Though only a vanity project, it is possible the future may see the island opened up to invitation only events and private gatherings.

Utilizing the old 13.8km military loop road the group has developed this into a very fast, flowing course to challenge not only modern machinery but also the classics obtainable only to the very few." - m.wood 2022

features:
  • 32 pit/grid w/AI
  • CSP features
  • 13.8km tarmac road
  • twin lake pagodas

credits:
  • original model by @raceking
  • conversion by @RMi_wood
  • pit/grid, camera, physical mesh, shader adustments, errata by @shi

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
For @Andrix, who asked.

Every time I do one of these, I learn a little more. That's my story, I'm sticking to it.
Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but the model (optimised for online racing, I believe) doesn't do it any favours either.

Special car, only because of the personalities involved. Schumi never raced this car, only did a test at Mugello in July 2003.
He was testing the F1 Ferrari, and the Autodelta team were sharing the circuit for the test day, and so there was a 156 livery-ed up for Michael. Gabriele Tarquini, who was leading the ETCC championship at the time, was on hand to "introduce the German ace to the secrets of the 156 GTA."

The story goes...

Tarquini did some laps, and then Schumi went out, and immediately went "more than a bit" faster.
Now, Gabriele is a lovely chap (as we all know) and a damn FINE driver, but he IS Italian, and there were some impassioned remarks about engine settings having been altered "out of regs". These cars were massively sensitive to ignition, cam and injection timing, and these items were heavily policed.
Schumi, ever the gentleman, didn't even raise an eyebrow, simply asking the mechanics to review all settings to regs, AND to Gabriele's satisfaction.

That done, he got back in the car and went even faster.

Ya just don't tug on Superman's cape.

alfa_156_schumi.jpg

The skin is for the CIracesonline version of the 156 (folder named "wtcc_alfa_romeo_156") as updated by @RMi_wood v1.0.
2K version only this time.
Enjoy.

:: Mega DOWNLOAD ::

Hi friends!

I'm trying to drive in all vintage F1 Circuits ... I don't find these ...
Do you know if someone have a WIP or there is something?
Does exist some tracks from RF or other games to make conversion?

I'm talking about:

The last one historic I tested was EAST LONDON :D

Thanks to all
Lo

Last edited:
What do you think of this?
Personally, I have no interest in it, even though I have been playing GT a lot, the career aspect has never been what I liked about GT.
That said, I am in awe for the work and what has been done. I hope that a lot of AC players find it interesting.
I also hope it is not the last effort to repackage AC, as it could bring something I will be interested in.
Funny, they choose to name it AC Evoluzione, as it looks to me more like a AC GT nostalgia.
I am all for an AC Evoluzione, as good as CM is, a better interface would be welcomed at this stage.

Sorry guys. I would like to start a Stock Car Brasil 2021 Champ with Rubinho. I have all the cars and circuits but...when can I found the real number of laps for each race to edit correctly the season? Thanks.
Stock Car Brasil 2021 exists for AC? Wow. Where you get them? :)

Hi friends!

I'm trying to drive in all vintage F1 Circuits ... I don't find these ...
Do you know if someone have a WIP or there is something?
Does exist some tracks from RF or other games to make conversion?

I'm talking about:

The last one historic I tested was EAST LONDON :D

Thanks to all
Lo

did you try Pescara Circuit?

Personally, I have no interest in it, even though I have been playing GT a lot, the career aspect has never been what I liked about GT.
That said, I am in awe for the work and what has been done. I hope that a lot of AC players find it interesting.
I also hope it is not the last effort to repackage AC, as it could bring something I will be interested in.
Funny, they choose to name it AC Evoluzione, as it looks to me more like a AC GT nostalgia.
I am all for an AC Evoluzione, as good as CM is, a better interface would be welcomed at this stage.
The reason because I like it as it is is that right now I´ve started to drive with cars and race on tracks from my collection I probably never would touch due to the lack of spare time. This finally brings the variety I missed due to the huge amount of cars and tracks we have to choose from. So personally for me it is a welcome addition. Not sure how long I will support the patreon thing; I will have a look how it evolves since a lot of potential is there and this guy is - currently - quite active in developing it seems.

For @Andrix, who asked.

Every time I do one of these, I learn a little more. That's my story, I'm sticking to it.
Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but the model (optimised for online racing, I believe) doesn't do it any favours either.

Special car, only because of the personalities involved. Schumi never raced this car, only did a test at Mugello in July 2003.
He was testing the F1 Ferrari, and the Autodelta team were sharing the circuit for the test day, and so there was a 156 livery-ed up for Michael. Gabriele Tarquini, who was leading the ETCC championship at the time, was on hand to "introduce the German ace to the secrets of the 156 GTA."

The story goes...

Tarquini did some laps, and then Schumi went out, and immediately went "more than a bit" faster.
Now, Gabriele is a lovely chap (as we all know) and a damn FINE driver, but he IS Italian, and there were some impassioned remarks about engine settings having been altered "out of regs". These cars were massively sensitive to ignition, cam and injection timing, and these items were heavily policed.
Schumi, ever the gentleman, didn't even raise an eyebrow, simply asking the mechanics to review all settings to regs, AND to Gabriele's satisfaction.

That done, he got back in the car and went even faster.

Ya just don't tug on Superman's cape.

View attachment 1105780

The skin is for the CIracesonline version of the 156 (folder named "wtcc_alfa_romeo_156") as updated by @RMi_wood v1.0.
2K version only this time.
Enjoy.

:: Mega DOWNLOAD ::
Unfortunately 3D model is terrible! I really hope to get a good Alfa 156 or 147 GTA.
Thx for the nice story :-)

What do you think of this
and like i already said i can`t imagine this gonna work 100%

I mean there are so many variables. Which cars are used? All quality or grid filler? Are they all BOPed correctly? The AI is sometimes very unbalanced with diverse cars. The tracks are also very depending on the AI lines. Are the AI lines all quality made? How is the balance here once again.

I don`t know how many of you ever tested the career mode in Project Cars2 ?? It was balancing wise a totaly mess. Practicaly useless.
The cars was also useable (some felt even good) to totaly **** up^^
For now i suppose even the project will become a succes, what i wish for the creator(s)!, it would be a such a unbalanced mess like PC2
But i like to be pleasantly surprised...

AC suspension and steering geometry has a direct effect on how you FEEL the forces.
AFAIK you cannot make a steering wheel very hard to turn without making the forces tear the steering wheel out of your hand with just a parameter in AC. I don't know how the suspension setup fits in here. Sure it might influence it, but it cannot make the steering wheel hard to turn.
You might be able to set it for your steering wheel itself in it's configuration, but then you won't be able to make an incredibly light steering wheel, like for example a normal S class.

AFAIK you cannot make a steering wheel very hard to turn without making the forces tear the steering wheel out of your hand with just a parameter in AC. I don't know how the suspension setup fits in here. Sure it might influence it, but it cannot make the steering wheel hard to turn.
You might be able to set it for your steering wheel itself in it's configuration, but then you won't be able to make an incredibly light steering wheel, like for example a normal S class.
you can test the theory yourself. Simply take a handful of cars data, adjust all for the same FFB multiplier...
They will have different feel, some being harder to turn, some easier. I dont mind you to prove me wrong.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back