Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,198 comments
Noob question. What is the dif between ACL version?
Short answer:
Modders will identify and fix things they find/think/believe/know to be "wrong" with a model, and then post their version of the model, (hopefully with permission, and crediting the creator and previous contributors).

Long answer:
Legion updated " track, stance, ride height, colliders, and collider mesh", "new skins and template from a contributor", and then..
Easy updated "Fix colliders.ini, Fix collider.kn5, Fix tyres.ini, Fix F6 cameras, Add LOD, Add wipers, Add led for RPM switch, Update Shaders".
The original modder may well have addressed some or all of these items (if they needed addressing) in updates to the ACL model.

Real answer:
All three are available and free. Grab them all, drive them all, choose whatever suits you.
Hope that answers your question.

Thanks : I checked Users\user\Documents\Assetto Corsa\ and I found 1.263.390 empty folders :odd:
Hahaha! Good luck. I only had 110834, and I started about 5 mins after @RMi_wood posted that little gem. 55k done, 56k to go...

UPDATE: PureLIFE PPFilter-Pack for PURE 1.0

View attachment 1107288
Version 1.0: (01/20/2022)
• optimized Overcast and Nighttime
• several small fixes
• NEW: added "PURELife_AE" Filter with auto exposure. Make it a bit more "fancy" without losing the realistic look. (TEST IT!)

View attachment 1107289View attachment 1107290View attachment 1107291View attachment 1107292

View attachment 1107300

Do I need the Pure software in order to get you nice PPfilter work?

Of course you need the Pure Weather FX for it to work... its made for Pure only.
Grab it from Peter Boeses Patreon
edit

Features:
• optimized for PURE 0.58
• clean and realistic look
• works very well with any daytime and any weather condition
• leightweight with low performace impact
• works standalone - no PURE config adjustments needed

Last edited:
edit

Features:
• optimized for PURE 0.58
• clean and realistic look
• works very well with any daytime and any weather condition
• leightweight with low performace impact
• works standalone - no PURE config adjustments needed
in standalone he means that you dont need to setup any Pure Config files...

Pure has new Lua scripts system wich can be setup by the creator of the PPfilter.

maybe you can use the filter without Pure , but you wont get any of the effects.

its like using a sol filter on Pure.. these are two completely different WFX.

Pure has new Lua scripts system wich can be setup by the creator of the PPfilter.

maybe you can use the filter without Pure , but you wont get any of the effects.

its like using a sol filter on Pure.. these are two completely different WFX
Gotcha. I didnt realize there was a fully other system working out there.

Ill have to check it out. So its a full other set of weather FX including rain?

Gotcha. I didnt realize there was a fully other system working out there.

Ill have to check it out. So its a full other set of weather FX including rain?
1. Yes its a Full other set of Weather FX.. but its WIP.. so its Patreon only.. right now we are at version 0.58.
You can subscribe for Just 1 €.. for me Pure is ten times better than SOL.
it has many advantages.. like improved performance, better AE and so on..

2. No Rain comes with the CSP Previews from Ilja.. wich you can also get for 1€ from Iljas Patreon.

When Pure gets Released.. SOL becomes abandoned by Peter.

its like using a sol filter on Pure.. these are two completely different WFX.
That's not quite accurate. It is true that you won't get the Pure effects unless you use the filter with Pure, but the filter itself can be used with Sol and looks really nice BTW. You just need to make one small adjustment either via the Sol_Config app or by making a copy of the filter and editing it manually. Then you can use the copied version in Sol and the original with Pure. All that needs to be done is to lower the brightness and the filter looks great in Sol.

That's not quite accurate. It is true that you won't get the Pure effects unless you use the filter with Pure, but the filter itself can be used with Sol and looks really nice BTW. You just need to make one small adjustment either via the Sol_Config app or by making a copy of the filter and editing it manually. Then you can use the copied version in Sol and the original with Pure. All that needs to be done is to lower the brightness and the filter looks great in Sol.
Thanks. I thought it looked good and was changing the effect but I was starting to question my eyes lol.

Yeah, I know, right?
But my AC/CSP/CM are so stock, not even using PPFs lately...could it be that I'm still on Sol and not on Pure?
I am surely not the right one to help, anyway, it will not hurt if you try.

1- Reinstall
2- Try these settings
1642864253314.png

1642864277479.png

1642864961542.png

Fingers crossed.

P.S. If the track/cars load, and after you press the tab to race, you get a crash, try again and all will start fine.

Last edited:
You can use it with SOL, but I didn't test it. But it seems to run nice with SOL also. But I will do some tests with SOL next week and maybe I will release a tweaked version for SOL. BTW: the AE- Version won't be updated in the future because Peter deactivated Auto exposure in the release version of Pure.

Yeah, removed it and disabled app the apps I'm not using. Still stuttering... 😢
Beside Sidekick, do you use any Telemetry App? Or App that shows sth. physical visual of the car or track (susp., tyre, wing etc.)?
They use a lot of CPU power.

or the basics. Any new or more realistic looking PPFilter that you use or add?

@Paulo Ribeiro do you have any presets for track-types?
like endurance-type, 1-hour-type, big track, open-roads etc.

Last edited:
You can use it with SOL, but I didn't test it. But it seems to run nice with SOL also. But I will do some tests with SOL next week and maybe I will release a tweaked version for SOL. BTW: the AE- Version won't be updated in the future because Peter deactivated Auto exposure in the release version of Pure.
I can confirm it plays nice with Sol after a brightness adjustment for anyone that doesn't have Pure yet. Don't let the name fool you. Just download it and give it a try.

AC AI "goodness" depends on good ai line and the car used, same ai line can be bad for another car.

General saying AC ai is bad is from someone using bad mods from 50 to 500 HP in one race.

Bit late to this party but 100% this.

I've been surprised how well AC AI can race when the car and track combo is on point.

The guys who've done some amazing work for AI track files often state which car they've tuned it around. KevinK2 is excellent for this and most of FatAlfie's tracks are incredible fun with the AI if you use something close to the 50s or 60s car he seems to tune it to (the Kunos Lotus 49 is my guess).

Unfortunately, getting this perfect combo is rare, but that's one reason why I have so few cars and tracks installed relatively speaking (as someone who predominantly does circuit racing and exclusively offline at the moment).

I can confirm it plays nice with Sol after a brightness adjustment for anyone that doesn't have Pure yet. Don't let the name fool you. Just download it and give it a try.
So this is nice to hear. I will test it next week and do some optimizations for SOL and put it into the next release. Thanks for your feedback.

What did you set it at. Im at 1.07 right now
Not in front of my machine right now, but I think it was somewhere between 0.95 and 1.00. I was playing around with the number and can't remember what I settled on. I did mine by editing the actual filter file. I don't know if it makes a difference if you are using the Sol_config app instead.

This is the filter in Sol with the brightness adjustment. The colors may seem different because I paired it with my custom .lua file so some things will look different than what you see on your end.

acs 2022-01-22 11-38-32.png

Last edited:
I am surely not the right one to help, anyway, it will not hurt if you try.

1- Reinstall
2- Try these settings
View attachment 1107589
View attachment 1107590
View attachment 1107598

Fingers crossed.

P.S. If the track/cars load, and after you press the tab to race, you get a crash, try again and all will start fine.
Thanx.
I'm already on Sol and Sol and Sol like your settings, recently moved to 0177 though and no good reson to go back.
I simply retried with few cars, no new billboards, few layouts and all the racing/practicing/hotlapping options but nothing works.
Moving on, I got something like 30 other tracks and cars to try.

Did that, now instead of ##%, it's some other number. I'll dig in a bit and let you know...
I updated scoreboard.lua so it should filter all "AI level" and special characters with circumflexes, tildes, ring above, etc.... like "ÆÉîöù" now.
Hope this will also help you with your problem.

Original posts are edited so try downloading again.

acu_unitedstates

acu_cota_2021

@Breathe
You can update the links in your track list. Thanks!

Regarding the new COTA score-tower showing AI levels instead of 3 letters of the driver's name:

Tried everything I could find, but no go.
So, if "CM-DRIVE-Show AI level in driver's name" is selected, the tower shows the AI level+% (instead of). If unselected, it shows the same AI level, this time in brackets just like it shows on the driver list. Like as if it moves that bracketed percentage to the left of the name instead of the right. I can live with it, but nice if it can be fixed :) (noted my name letters on the tower...)

EDIT: Also noted that it's messing up some of the nationalities flags too. I always specify this in the CM detailed settings car list. It's leaving some blank, and mis-assigning others.
AI level+% problem should be solved now.

Please help me where to find to activate the nationalities flags in CM?
Content manager has soooo many options sometimes it's hard to find such things. 😊

Last edited:
Sorry guys, maybe it couldresult a bit too much generic but I'm looking for the discord channel that released the Mustang 2021 causeI can't find it anymore... so I don't know if it has been erased. Can you please provide me the link to this discord?

EDIT: nvm find it

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back