Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,801 comments
Charlotte Motor Speedway v1.0

• Includes oval and road layouts
  • CSP highly recommended (>= 1.76 required for working scoreboard - thanks @gunnar333!)
*please share link, do not rehost. Thank you!

@gunnar333 great job with the display, I would like to replicate it on my tracks, in your opinion if I place a TV monitor on arrival I could see the times of everyone present on the server? obviously the panel must have some particular color or what? i noticed this on borgloh, i create only hillclimb and slalom at the moment
It's a more like a texture that you create with lua code.

Same here. No issues, works like a charm. @gunnar333 do you have plans to update this on more tracks? If yes - may I request to do an update on the Dunlop tower at Nürburgring as well?
I can do Nürburgring and other tracks in future but first i have to optimise the lua code for filtering such issues like these "AI level"

• CSP highly recommended (>= 1.76 required for working scoreboard - thanks @gunnar333!)

Love it! If only someone could convert the LFS version of UK Rockingham and my dreams would complete!

Its what it is 🤷‍♂️ , this is just the description why and how to circumvent, complaining wont do anything at all.

" having to hold the shift key "
this only aplies when you made new ai-borders, you never have to do that when not fiddling with AI borders yourself
(dont enable this: )
View attachment 1107331
Ahh yes the bane of my existence.

Even all Kunos cars are not on an even playing field in terms of ai. For example not all their GT3's will be able to make that hairpin at rt_macau (mostly because of differing degrees of steering lock). Most of the pay mods I've encountered have very good ai, like RSS and URD (Some RSS mods won't make that Macau hairpin either for same reason though.) As much as l like driving their cars, I can't say the same for VRC unfortunately, although some have gotten better in last few updates.

Last edited:
Are you working on an update for Majura Valley? I remeber that you posted some pics a long time ago. The white trees are terrible btw
No, and never have been. The track was completely overhauled by the original creator ten-odd months ago and looks amazing, but in a Crime Against Modding™ it was never released.

I've tried contacting Ian (The IC) directly via various forums, through mutual friends, via telepathy, using pickled monkey giblets in a midnight voodoo ritual... nada.
He seemingly has no interest whatsoever in releasing this track or Sydney Motorsport Park. I guess he's either too busy or has moved on from AC.

This is in my "extracted and needing to convert" folder... S.M.P
1642789290009.png

should I?

Last edited:

Finally some well made Oval tracks! The night lights are absolutely stunning.

as a note... I have 83,000 empty directories in:
\\Gamebox\Users\user\Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups

in the bin!

link to tool:
Unfotunately "Program not Responding" when i run this utility. :boggled:

to laugh a little I just created an old pilot :D
https://sharemods.com/i1sqzv91p96j/driver_old.zip.html

old_pilote.jpg
Cool! Thanks! It would be so funny to have the Top Gear - Grand Tour presenters as driver models! (just dropping ideas)

Speaking of AI, I would highly recommend ai lines from Max Kagan. It totally transformed the AI races for me. These are really something else. Just try them, you won't be sorry. And of course the ai lines by F_B are excellent to, to be used with older tracks.
I agree that some custom lines are good, or better, i've done some myself.
But kunos didn't create good AI.
To say that custom AI in AC makes kunos's AI good is like saying kunos did a great job on the look of rain on the windscreen.

The basic problems of how the AI works is always there.

Yes. Thanks Norm.
I will have a look into it and hope i find a way to fix that.
But until now uncheck AI level in driver's name.

I will have a look into it. I might forgot that mesh. Thanks!
Did that, now instead of ##%, it's some other number. I'll dig in a bit and let you know...

You could use this to put some real-life driver faces on that, think about McQueen, Lauda, Senna, Schumacher etc.
1642795752718.jpeg

to put the faces, it is necessary to find some like that

1642796406925.png

but can make some nice ones like this

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back