Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,188 comments
Can anyone help how to make a car take corners less aggressively when driven by AI? I'm racing two different car models, and one of them almost always hits walls that are close to apexes. I'm pasting the AI file of the car:

Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=4

[GEARS]
UP=7650                                ; Upchange gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
DOWN=80                                ; Downshift gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.5                        ; Slipratio permitted for AI driving
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.350                        ; Gearchange time needed for AI control

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=2.0
BRAKE_HINT=0.91
TRAIL_HINT=0.72

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=2.21

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=21.2
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=3

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.1
I will have a look as soon as I can.
Caterham 165 from Ben O'Bro & LTcars. Right?

Can anyone help how to make a car take corners less aggressively when driven by AI? I'm racing two different car models, and one of them almost always hits walls that are close to apexes. I'm pasting the AI file of the car:

Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=4

[GEARS]
UP=7650                                ; Upchange gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
DOWN=80                                ; Downshift gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.5                        ; Slipratio permitted for AI driving
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.350                        ; Gearchange time needed for AI control

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=2.0
BRAKE_HINT=0.91
TRAIL_HINT=0.72

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=2.21

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=21.2
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=3

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.1
Back up the file, then try reducing the look ahead numbers. I would try the gas_brake first (seems kind of high), and observe behavior. If that doesn't change what you are looking for, try the base figure. Change one thing at a time- it takes a lot of trial and error, unfortunately, and ideal behavior might be a combination of the two.

Can anyone think of a reason why my graphics are blurrier when using a pp filter vs. without? Everything equal, the quality is so much worse when using a filter vs. without...

Does anyone race with Ben O Bro's Caterham 165? I noticed they like to hit the apex of curves a bit too much, to the point of hitting walls if there are some in the apexes. I'm racing them against Morgan Three Wheelers (Legion version with AI fix) and those seem to behave well so I suppose it's a car-related issue when driven by the AI.
Try this new Data. BK your data first.
I changed a few .ini files parameters inside data folder (not only AI). I was there, why not? :)
Caterham 165 - Data

Btw, try the cars in different tracks.

Good luck.

Edit: The test I have made went fine, with these AI settings.
1644028694426.png

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am having trouble with opponents getting stuck when exiting the pit lane at Longford. How do you prevent this from happening? Is there a setting in one of the track config (.ini) files that can be changed to alter their position or how they exit their pit spots? They go to drive out but then make a sharp right turn and get stuck in the car parked next to them.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2022.02.05 - 14.21.17.77.png
    Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2022.02.05 - 14.21.17.77.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 12
Hey guys, I am having trouble with opponents getting stuck when exiting the pit lane at Longford. How do you prevent this from happening? Is there a setting in one of the track config (.ini) files that can be changed to alter their position or how they exit their pit spots? They go to drive out but then make a sharp right turn and get stuck in the car parked next to them.
Not sure if this will fix your issue, but it is free trying. :cool:

If you have this box ticked, untick it and try again. :)

1644037721420.png

Not sure if this will fix your issue, but it is free trying. :cool:

If you have this box ticked, untick it and try again. :)

View attachment 1111582
Hey, yeah tried that but has no effect. The opponents still behave stupidly and get stuck. My theory is its how the pit spaces and parking angles are arranged along with the AI logic that is causing the issue.
A shame as I love driving on this track..

Hey, yeah tried that but has no effect. The opponents still behave stupidly and get stuck. My theory is its how the pit spaces and parking angles are arranged along with the AI logic that is causing the issue.
A shame as I love driving on this track..
Hi Alex! My understanding is the cars should be ghosting each other in the pitlane as long as the "PITS" are defined correctly in the "surfaces.ini" file. Check to make sure the PITS section of that file shows "IS_PITLANE=1". The file should be in the \longford_67\67\data folder.

Hi Alex! My understanding is the cars should be ghosting each other in the pitlane as long as the "PITS" are defined correctly in the "surfaces.ini" file. Check to make sure the PITS section of that file shows "IS_PITLANE=1". The file should be in the \longford_67\67\data folder.
I'll check that out now thanks!

There's several things happening there that aren't working correctly- sidelines, pit lane, pit definitions, the area necessary for pit lane not big enough to keep from interfering with ai on track, etc., IIRC. I gave up on trying to fix it a while back, sorry to say.

Last edited:
After taking a second look, I am using Legion's version from his blog. It has the pits correctly configured and also includes a reverse layout. I am also using the Reworked skin found on Racedepartment. I find many of my tracks frankensteined into the best version possible.

re: pits?

1. disable "New AI Behavior" in CSP/CM
2. delete any files in ./AI other than fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai
3. retest if any of the above were true

*always verify this first if experiencing pit or other issues with AI

Last edited:
Tyre generator update: https://mega.nz/file/TplnRaJI#e-mrMif_N1ap9u4hJnR6MkHZIO7akF1o1W1oScJ6j7E

These are custom machines that allow you to use Content Manager's built in tyre generator to get yourself a fresh set of V10 Kunos standard tyres for any car you please. There is a readme included with instructions on how to install. If anyone has any questions then please ask away. I'd previously released something similar but it was missing correct abbreviations and had a few naming oddities and useless generators.
1644042155185.png

I'm not sure what happened, but when I'm using the presets on any car, it threw out this error.

That worked thanks! The cars now don't get stuck with one another when leaving the pit lane.

sorry correction, this does not work properly.. when the value is set to 1 the track after exiting the pit lane remains at a pit limited speed..

re: pits?

1. disable AI Enhancements in CSP/CM
2. delete any files in ./AI other than fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai
3. retest if any of the above were true
I cannot see the "disable AI enhancements" option anywhere.. where can I find this option?
Also, deleting the other .AI files has no effect and the deleted files only get recreated.

there is two plates in the skin folder, one for the front plate and one for the rear plate:
plate_D.dds and plate_NM.dds
and
plate_D2.dds and plate2_NM.dds
that's for certain country (eg Great Britain) where the plate colors are different for front and rear.
Yes, right. But the D and NM need to have the same capitals and numbers to show correctly. In this case they are different and it’s even visible in the picture of the car posted here.

In this case: the visible plate (D) reads as 105 BC 95, while the underlying NM reads as AA 434 AA

plates.png
NM.png

So, in game it shows like this:

ingame.png

Last edited:
I installed the GP 1973 mod but can't get the original helmets to work. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_gp_1973_731_paul_ricard1988_5-1-122-9-18-23.jpg
    Screenshot_gp_1973_731_paul_ricard1988_5-1-122-9-18-23.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 16
sorry correction, this does not work properly.. when the value is set to 1 the track after exiting the pit lane remains at a pit limited speed..
There you go. You just found the problem. You need to split the pitlane part from the rest of the road and name it 1PITS and define it as IS PITLANE = 1 at the surfaces.ini

Hi.

Did you replace the entire 'data' folder? If yes, you should be able to choose top gear up to 288 km/h.
That's why I was working on it. ;)

View attachment 1111535

I can set all gears, to what suits me better for each track.

As for the mirrors, do you have the BL Cars/BL Lights APP?

Cheers
Hi,

Yes i saw the gears settings but is it possible to save a setting to have the same on every track ? (I don't want to set gears every time I start a practice)

I will check for BL app, but I tried the tip with ext_config and I didn't succeed to solve the issue.

Last edited:
shi
Arctic Circle Raceway v0.5
View attachment 1104683
changelog;
-ext_config.ini updated by @slider666 .
-Smoothed the edges of the track.
-More treewall and grass area.
-Fixed tree mapping.
-fresh logo and the sections.ini by @Fanapryde .
-Fixed the hole.

Enjoy.
Arctic Circle Raceway v0.71
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_s1_arctic_circle_raceway_5-1-122-9-24-46.jpg

v0.6 changelog;
-Solving the problem of ghosting in pit by @pugsang .
-New AI lanes by @racealot .
-Additional Replay Cams by @racealot .
-Fixed the missing wall.

v0.7 changelog;
-ext_config.ini and texture updated by @slider666 .

v0.71 changelog;
-ext_config.ini (seasons mode) updated by @Breathe .

Known issues;.
-Treewall slowly disappears from the mirror. (Checking the Custom render distance in the Smart Mirror settings in CSP will resolve the issue.) @Breathe , thanks for reporting back.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Is anyone in the business of doing Grid conversions? I'd love to see the Long Beach and Detroit tracks from the first game in AC but I wouldn't even know where to start for a conversion.

I still cannot find that option anywhere.. 🤷‍♂️
Longford 67 fixed pitlane. No other changes.

Original track from Tiago Lima on RD

Think of the mirrors from left to right as number 0,1,2 (3,4,5 etc if the car has hood mirrors or monitors).
Create an "extension" folder inside the car's folder, and inside create an ext_config.ini (or copy one from any other car's extension folder) and fill it with this:

[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1

That example will flip all 3 mirrors. Like I said first, leave whatever mirror you want flipped.
Also, FLIP=2 or FLIP=3 are useful when mirrors are upside down and/or inverted, try those anytime.

(I copied all this from some older GTP post and saved it into a .txt, I'm not that smart)
Hi, it's possible to post the extension folder with the fix please ?

Thanks

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back