Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,188 comments
View attachment 1111584
I'm not sure what happened, but when I'm using the presets on any car, it threw out this error.
I've not seen this error so not sure if I can help or not, there are a couple of things you could try though. Firstly may seem obvious but try restarting CM, sometimes it throws 'exception' errors when it has fudged up its memory quota. Does this error happen on every tyre machine that you try to generate with or only on some of them? The machines use Kunos tyres as a baseline for the generation so I would assume that if you don't have some Kunos content or have edited the tyre data on some Kunos cars then it might cause an issue. Also, I'm not using 'non-tested' versions of CM, in fact I'm still using 0.8.1976.36095 so can't guarantee that something in newer versions of CM won't have messed this up (your post is the first error report I've had thus far however).

Is anyone in the business of doing Grid conversions? I'd love to see the Long Beach and Detroit tracks from the first game in AC but I wouldn't even know where to start for a conversion.
Detroit was already converted, ages ago (sorry I have no active link).
I had thought L.B was done too but I dont seem to have it. (and could be converted fairly easily)

I've not seen this error so not sure if I can help or not, there are a couple of things you could try though. Firstly may seem obvious but try restarting CM, sometimes it throws 'exception' errors when it has fudged up its memory quota. Does this error happen on every tyre machine that you try to generate with or only on some of them? The machines use Kunos tyres as a baseline for the generation so I would assume that if you don't have some Kunos content or have edited the tyre data on some Kunos cars then it might cause an issue. Also, I'm not using 'non-tested' versions of CM, in fact I'm still using 0.8.1976.36095 so can't guarantee that something in newer versions of CM won't have messed this up (your post is the first error report I've had thus far however).
Okay, I ended the task for CM and it still threw out this error, but I'll try to reinstall CM again, and see if it fixes that. And for your other information yes, every preset, on every car. I haven't touched anything on Kunos cars besides some visual extension configs, but no data.

Edit: Ohhkayy...reinstalling back to 0.8.1976.36095 doesn't help either..I realized I had a non-test version ticked, I had it off now so I'll try to update to a stable version and see what happens. And still doesn't work too, this is really weird. I might need to try to make my own quick-and-dirty tyre generator preset on some random car so I can make sure the tyre machine itself isn't broken, but I don't know how to make one. If that dosen't work, I might have to find and reinstall the tyre machine plugin.

I'll be honest, I'm throwing in the towel on this one, the plugin reinstall dosen't work, reinstalling CM doesn't work and CM freezes up if I try to make my own tyres. It's probably the tyre machine plugin itself that's screwing up or my Windows 11 is making things go wonky.

Last edited:
Ok..as I do in packs to make it easier, I'm finishing making small adjustments to F1(61-62-63), F1(64-65), F1(66-67)...F1(70-71 is what I intend to test on the track this weekend), F1 (72-73, with the arrival of the 73 pack it gets better, the main 72 cars are almost finished). F1(68-69, I haven't started yet but we already have some cars: Lotus 49B ( 2 versions ), 1 Matra, 1 Ferrari, generics from the "perendinator" site converted from Rfactor 2 that I will use as a base. I have and do F1 1974, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981....I'll give you a lik of a mini pack of F1 1980/1981 that I made to see how it was...on the track they are good, but surely someone could improve....because I only change some parts between cars, and often the biggest problems are in the instrument panel and rearview mirrors.

Ok..as I do in packs to make it easier, I'm finishing making small adjustments to F1(61-62-63), F1(64-65), F1(66-67)...F1(70-71 is what I intend to test on the track this weekend), F1 (72-73, with the arrival of the 73 pack it gets better, the main 72 cars are almost finished). F1(68-69, I haven't started yet but we already have some cars: Lotus 49B ( 2 versions ), 1 Matra, 1 Ferrari, generics from the "perendinator" site converted from Rfactor 2 that I will use as a base. I have and do F1 1974, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981....I'll give you a lik of a mini pack of F1 1980/1981 that I made to see how it was...on the track they are good, but surely someone could improve....because I only change some parts between cars, and often the biggest problems are in the instrument panel and rearview mirrors.

Thanks!

Think of the mirrors from left to right as number 0,1,2 (3,4,5 etc if the car has hood mirrors or monitors).
Create an "extension" folder inside the car's folder, and inside create an ext_config.ini (or copy one from any other car's extension folder) and fill it with this:

[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1

That example will flip all 3 mirrors. Like I said first, leave whatever mirror you want flipped.
Also, FLIP=2 or FLIP=3 are useful when mirrors are upside down and/or inverted, try those anytime.

(I copied all this from some older GTP post and saved it into a .txt, I'm not that smart)
I have tried your tip but it doesn't work, does someone have really solve the problem with this car ?
left mirror shows the right back view and right mirror shows the left back view ...

Last edited:
Does anyone managed to find this mod shown on this Steam screenshot? I couldn't be able to find it anywhere.
1644069077136.png

Detroit was already converted, ages ago (sorry I have no active link).
I had thought L.B was done too but I dont seem to have it. (and could be converted fairly easily)
Huh, interesting. I've never seen any of those tracks in the past 3 years anywhere. If anyone here has them, I would appreciate if they would be able to share them.

Last edited:
Detroit is on here. At one point, about five different people were updating the conversion and it caused a lot of confusion. So use the search function here and you should be able to find at least one of them.
Long Beach is out there. I used to have it in my collection. I think I got it off YouTube.

Last edited:
Does anyone managed to find this mod shown on this Steam screenshot? I couldn't be able to find it anywhere.
View attachment 1111671

Track here:

Mod here:

I think he means the street circuit.

Try the ACU track pack on Breathe's list. But there are updated versions on this site.
ok so i found the detroit track, strangely it was listed under real tracks, and it's not the updated version, since all the other mega links on this thread are dead. now off to find long beach!

Progress on the rework is a bit slow but i'm taking time with it. Anyways redid the body for the car now it uses the accurate lod before the car had the main body from LOD_B instead of LOD_A and it looked off never noticed that until i looked back in the PC2 model directory now it looks way better. I'm also experimenting with ambient lights both on the outside and the inside of the car.
The car is pretty much done visually (Apart from the skinning for stickers) i will relook the car again however to see if something looks off.. Now ill be moving onto collider work,lods/optimization and redoing the wiper animation since now it looks wonky and clips a bit.
Screenshot_ds666_jaguar_xj220s_ks_laguna_seca_5-1-122-16-11-4.png

Screenshot_ds666_jaguar_xj220s_ks_laguna_seca_5-1-122-16-3-51.png
Screenshot_ds666_jaguar_xj220s_ks_laguna_seca_5-1-122-16-4-30.png

Last edited:
Longford 67 fixed pitlane. No other changes.

Original track from Tiago Lima on RD

Thanks for the fix very much appreciated,

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of a idiot proof tutorial for this or help out at all with the landscape background texture?

On a clean install including the latest version shared or any previous stock version from the original author. I get these at various points all the way around the track, where there is a large differences in shading between each section of the background texture and seams that can be seen from the track while driving around. I have no issues like this with any other track and I was last told it was to do with the texture shader settings specific to the track? Would this require importing the track back into Blender? Or fixes outside or within Assetto possible? I did gather up this info about the issue and i messaged the original author about 5 months ago about a fix. He said he could look at fixing that soon, but it has been sometime since so I'm looking at trying to proactively seek a possible fix for the meantime as It's one of my favorite tracks for Assetto, but I don't think I have used it for about a year now because of this issue.

Curious to know if it is just a few that have this issue as I know more than just myself have reported this with the track in past, any advice appreciated.

Thanks

20211009220635_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20211009220651_1.jpg
    20211009220651_1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thanks for the fix very much appreciated,

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of a idiot proof tutorial for this or help out at all with the landscape background texture?

On a clean install including the latest version shared or any previous stock version from the original author. I get these at various points all the way around the track, where there is a large differences in shading between each section of the background texture and seams that can be seen from the track while driving around. I have no issues like this with any other track and I was last told it was to do with the texture shader settings specific to the track? Would this require importing the track back into Blender? Or fixes outside or within Assetto possible? So i messaged the original author about 5 months ago about a fix. He said he could look at fixing that soon, but it has been sometime since so I'm looking at trying to proactively seek a possible fix for the meantime as It's one of my favorite tracks for Assetto, but I don't think I have used it for about a year now because of this issue.

Curious to know if it is just a few that have this issue as I know more than just myself have reported this with the track in past, any advice appreciated.

Thanks

View attachment 1111712
I think changing normals to point up will solve the issue.

This is the only mention of a Long Beach GRID conversion I could find.
It was years ago that I had it. I replaced it when Terra21 released the FM7 conversion.
I remember there was one video on YouTube from the guy who converted it at the time. I remember sharing it with @Fanapryde back on the F1 Classics forum, but then the Terra21 version was released soon after. Maybe Fanapryde might remember better than me.

It was years ago that I had it. I replaced it when Terra21 released the FM7 conversion.
I remember there was one video on YouTube from the guy who converted it at the time. I remember sharing it with @Fanapryde back on the F1 Classics forum, but then the Terra21 version was released soon after. Maybe Fanapryde might remember better than me.
You are giving my memory too much credit I'm afraid.Sadly with age it's fading...😐

You are giving my memory too much credit I'm afraid.Sadly with age it's fading...😐
Yeah, it seems like a lifetime ago. I only thought about it when the topic came up today.
I can't remember the quality of the mod or anything like that. I just remember that the only alternatives at the time were Long Beach 2012 and the Drift version. So that Grid conversion was the best option before the FM7 version came along, and it was something I stumbled upon by chance.

I see Sim Dream have released the 1973 F1 Cars.

obvious aside, looks pretty good.

A shame they seem to be running on the same set of physics. Hopefully some of the usual suspects can come along and solve that - at this point SD's mods are just free assets for somebody to come along and build a better mod out of.

They also share the same cockpit, but tbh I find that to be less of an issue - tbf most of the F1 cars of those years did look very similar from the driver's seat.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back