Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Hello guys, I'm looking for this skin and any other that will help me to complete the grid of the Pirelli World Challenge

Attachments

• mclaren_mp412c_gt3kpax2.jpg
    mclaren_mp412c_gt3kpax2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 16
Is there a depository of Simhub overlays? Or maybe a recommended list?
Simhub Discord: https://discord.com/invite/B9gS2GW
Gomez Sim Industries (GSI) Discord (GSI Simhub): https://discord.gg/zQ6TatmT
Free RSS dashes: https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/lvxrhp/

Hi guys, are there any good stock car mods?
I don't know if there are any good ones, I remember having driven and deleted quite a few of them due to poor 3d models and/or textures. Claudio has a Stock car Brazil 2019 championship including a link for the 1st RaceCar 2019 on his website: https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/championship-mods-assetto-corsa

preview.jpg

Hello, I have a question: Since CSP 1.78, I have had a permanent Speedometer on the right which I can't get rid of. it's not an app or anything like that. If I hide this, everything is gone except the speedometer. Please help
This didnt pop up by its own, so stop installing stuff you dont know what its doing. :)

Open the folder "apps" at your installation drive, there you'll find two more folders, one named "lua" and one named "python". Enter the folder "lua" and delete the folder "HelloWorld". Speedo gone, problem solved.

Last edited:
this is much better, any chance we can get a rainfx?
INI:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD_?, SFLINE, RMBL_A?, RMBL_C?, RMBL_0_?, RMBL_G_?, RMBL_R_?, LSP_SHADDOW
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD_?, LSP_B1WOOD, RMBL_?, PB_ROOF, ROH_SHNGLES?, SFLINE, PITLANE_TEAMTENT?, LSP_TENT, GZ_POSTEN?, HAY?, ROADA16?, MANYH, ROADA38, PITTENT?, BUDE_GZ?, LSP_SHADDOW, LSP_B1GATE, RUNDEBALLEN, HILL_SAND, HILL_KIES, FENCE_?, GRASS_DIRT, TEN?
ROUGH_MESHES = HAY?, GRASS?, ROADA38, ROADA167G, MANYH, RUNDEBALLEN, HILL_SAND, HILL_KIES
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = LSP_WERB?, XX_PIT1, BRAKE?, WERB_?, EWEISERL2, V_BACK
LINES_MATERIALS = SFLINE

; Grass FX fixes:
; [GRASS_FX]
; GRASS_MATERIALS=GRASS?
; OCCLUDING_MATERIALS=ROAD_?, RMBL_?

I assumed that you were talking about 'tuning' the car in the unpacked data.acd. That is not possible in a encrypted car. You can unpack the data, but after changes they can't be repacked and if you click 'use unpacked data if exists' in CM you will get a crash when you try to go driving.
I was wondering if this car was indeed the encrypted version (which I had binned), so I donwloaded it again, made a little change and got this when I was going to try it:
View attachment 1150397
Not that I already knew it was encrypted because it looked like this in CM showroom:
View attachment 1150398
So, now you know what an encrypted car is.
You can change setups allright (it was most probably no placebo effect), but you can never change data and you can't make custom previews.
Thanks for the explanation .
I'm just a 'player' and don't ( can't ) go into the software detail some of you guys do , which is amazing.

I would love to see more skins for this car tho so I could build up a decent GT2 grid , already got the Brabham , Audi R8 GT2 , KTM GT2 . The Huracan Evo 2 makes a welcome addition.

Need help guys. I modified Nordschleife with an excellent winter skin, from where I got it, I do not remember but I think it was recommended here and some of you will know it. It has a lot of new bare trees that make it look great at winter time.

Anyway, I wanted to revert back to spring/summer look in line with what I see outside and I cannot.

FYI. I am not showing as having any skins available in CM. I have tried Seasonal adjustments on/off in CM with no change. Also tried verifying files in steam to see if it sorted it out. All to no avail.

What I think has happened is I renamed the new winter skin as default and have lost the original. Can anyone help me retain the excellent winter version I have and regain the summer look please?

Edit: Sorted now. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1652693404764.png
    1652693404764.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hello guys. Do you know if we have a sequential version of MX5 Mazda available as mod ? Following the real life update.Thanks
I haven't heard of any new/updated MX5 with real life gearbox specs implemente but you can make your own sequential tune of the mx5 using Assetto Car Tuner by changing SUPPORTS_SHIFTER from 1 to 0 in the drivetrain.ini. Some more changes might be necessary (downshift protection, neutral gear, etc.).

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation .
I'm just a 'player' and don't ( can't ) go into the software detail some of you guys do , which is amazing.

I would love to see more skins for this car tho so I could build up a decent GT2 grid , already got the Brabham , Audi R8 GT2 , KTM GT2 . The Huracan Evo 2 makes a welcome addition.
hi Rich, all,
if u want, you can checkout this Paintshop app, which lets you create skins yourself in an easy way (in-game) !
Although on RaceDepartment you can find already alot of extra skins , making some yourself is also quite satisfying (and does not require any programming knowledge... )

This might be kind of a silly question, but what the heck: during the pandemic I finally bought a racing wheel -- nothing fancy, just a Logitech G920, the kind of thing I figured I could use to get accustomed to finally transitioning from a gamepad. Here's the problem: driving a car is one thing, but driving a car at its limits on a track is something else entirely, and I've actually found it difficult to progress in the vanilla AC career mode because I'm still trying to get used to figuring out the different characteristics of all the cars. And since I've never driven anything in real life even remotely as powerful as the BMWs they throw at you in the novice series, I keep spinning out like a chump. The introductory FWD Alfas are fine, and some of the more advanced cars with factory ABS/TC aren't entirely intimidating, but I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm actually behind a wheel trying to hit the braking points and the apexes in a higher-performance car (I'm talking, like, a Ford Mustang and not some superpowered hypercar) without getting all herky-jerky and backwards. So I went back to Forza Horizon and a gamepad because I didn't really have the time or inclination to Git Gud until recently.

So what I'm asking is, what are the ideal cars and tracks, mods included, to (a) help get me accustomed to driving with a wheel and (b) gradually prepare me for increasingly challenging cars? Because the AC career path's challenge already seems a little too steep for my novice self and I'd rather just acclimate myself to the lower-power, smoother-handling cars of any drive/engine configuration before trying to figure out how to zip around in an X-Bow without getting grass clippings all over the tires. That, and I'm also hoping there are some good G920-configuration tutorials and maybe even some general real-world "how to drive fast" advice so I can unlearn all the habits I developed over the years when I mastered gas, braking, shifting, and and steering in semi-sims like GT and Forza with just my thumbs and index fingers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I don't thing that is so silly. See, my experience may not be so different : I got my T300RS (my first wheel) around 3 years ago, and my driving licence (the real one) a few months back. I only drove 2 different cars in my life, and I still don't even own one. So let me tell you that my "first time" with my wheel base back in the days was, well... introductive to say the least. I'm a gamer, not a driver. Still, with driving aids, patience, a bit of understanding of the main physics principles of a car drive, and a good chunk of time on Raceroom at first, then Project cars 2, then Assetto corsa, I've learned to control modern TCR cars (the easiest and funniest in my opinion), GT4 and GT3 cars, while learning the main tracks too. imagine 100% TC, virtual ideal line and ABS, youtube learning videos, all the chunky stuff. Then, progressively getting on "harder cars", like GTO, GT1, trying without the fake TC and spinning miserably at every turn thinking "that can't be that hard". Well, it actually isn't. Throught lightess on the pedal comes control of the metal : I started to managed how to not spin powerful cars, even if it means going slow, then faster, then funnier. Now I drive mainly with TC off with 60ies cars, GTO, Gr5 and 70ies prototypes without any hud or map even for learning brand new tracks and I'm having a blast. Hell, I find way easier to powerslide corners with a Bizzarini GT than to park a real hatchback ! With practice comes feeling, with feeling comes ease of use, and you don't even think of how "difficult" it was at first.

What I'm saying is : whatever you're feeling about it right now, don't panic, don't try to do directly what others find easy to do. Have fun, If it means driving against 50% AI with TC, ABS and ideal line on, it's all good for now. Have a blast, come back for more, and you'll find yourself growing out of it, not even thinking about it. And leave all the hardcore tru-ricer and their Iracing fanatics "DrIvIng AidS Is FoR The WeAk" in their league, If you don't take pleasure in it it's not worth it, period.

INI:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD_?, SFLINE, RMBL_A?, RMBL_C?, RMBL_0_?, RMBL_G_?, RMBL_R_?, LSP_SHADDOW
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD_?, LSP_B1WOOD, RMBL_?, PB_ROOF, ROH_SHNGLES?, SFLINE, PITLANE_TEAMTENT?, LSP_TENT, GZ_POSTEN?, HAY?, ROADA16?, MANYH, ROADA38, PITTENT?, BUDE_GZ?, LSP_SHADDOW, LSP_B1GATE, RUNDEBALLEN, HILL_SAND, HILL_KIES, FENCE_?, GRASS_DIRT, TEN?
ROUGH_MESHES = HAY?, GRASS?, ROADA38, ROADA167G, MANYH, RUNDEBALLEN, HILL_SAND, HILL_KIES
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = LSP_WERB?, XX_PIT1, BRAKE?, WERB_?, EWEISERL2, V_BACK
LINES_MATERIALS = SFLINE

; Grass FX fixes:
; [GRASS_FX]
; GRASS_MATERIALS=GRASS?
; OCCLUDING_MATERIALS=ROAD_?, RMBL_?
EDIT: So sorry, I was being stupid - everything works fine now, my mistake of course.

Last edited:
Simhub Discord: https://discord.com/invite/B9gS2GW
Gomez Sim Industries (GSI) Discord (GSI Simhub): https://discord.gg/zQ6TatmT
Free RSS dashes: https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/lvxrhp/

I don't know if there are any good ones, I remember having driven and deleted quite a few of them due to poor 3d models and/or textures. Claudio has a Stock car Brazil 2019 championship including a link for the 1st RaceCar 2019 on his website: https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/championship-mods-assetto-corsa

View attachment 1150518
Thanks so much! Ill give it a try :)

I am looking to do some changes to a cars handling. In the data file what do I look for to change the force feedback for a steering wheel and to make the car not slide as much when you power out of a corner. Many thanks.

shi
AMS Renault Test Track v1.01
conversion from GTR2.
Fictional circuit in France.

View attachment 1117921
-CSP required
-35 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Gildoorf Rozencrantz, Ruboy, PrBlanco and Lo2k, the author of the GP4 original version and Thank you for gave me permission (Gildoorf)
Rickylix, conversion to rFactor
6ecko, conversion to GTR2

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and camtool by @Viola_seven
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Breathe , @KevinK2, @RMi_wood
RainFX by @KevinK2
cam and ext_config parts by @CrisT86
background by kunos

The readme for GP4, rF, GTR2, and AC can be found in the _readme folder.
Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

v1.01 changelog;
Updated ext_config.
Updated grass material.
Deleted unnecessary objects.
Spectator now supports camera_facing.
Added cam by CrisT86.
Added camtool by Viola_seven.

AMS Renault Test Track v1.01
changelog;
Updated ext_config.
Updated grass material.
Deleted unnecessary objects.
Spectator now supports camera_facing.
Added cam by CrisT86.
Added camtool by Viola_seven.

The download link is in the quote.
There is also a new video.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back