Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,755 comments
Please, anyone can hel me? I have a problem with helmets.
Despite being in the right path: content-cars- for exemple f1 1997 prost- skin, the helmets are not loaded except the default one

probably not gone be changed, its like it is, and probably meant to be like it? a bit exagerated, but a you want it all flat?

I wouldn't want it completely flat either. There is a certain unevenness on almost all tracks. But this place seems to me to be greatly exaggerated. Especially since there is a discrepancy there between optics and physics (from my layman's point of view). When you've driven it a few times, you know it, but before you just don't see it coming.

But in the end, I'll have to deal with it if nothing is changed on it. 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for your answer anyway.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want it completely flat either. There is a certain unevenness on almost all tracks. But this place seems to me to be greatly exaggerated. Especially since there is a discrepancy there between optics and physics (from my layman's point of view). When you've driven it a few times, you know it, but before you just don't see it coming.

But in the end, I'll have to deal with it if nothing is changed on it. 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for your answer anyway.
only thing not right might be skids, no invisible detailed road mesh here :(

only thing not right might be skids, no invisible detailed road mesh here :(
I have to correct myself. You can also see it visually. At least when you get closer with the camera. There is a kind of hard edge (upper blue line) and a dent (i can't think of another word) in front of it. But as I said, if that's the way it's meant to be, I'll have to live with it.

Attachments

• dubaiBump2.png
    dubaiBump2.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Most of the tracks base on the ACU conversions which are ... meh. The best Monaco version is from CHQ but it is still a BETA 0.3 so not public for free yet (I try to push him doing this asap, hehe). He also has Albert Park 2019 (already published) in case you are fine with old versions. Soon there will be a 2021 version of Abu Dhabi made by him. His Jeddah version is also the best but I'm not sure whether his version is contained in the pack or the version from Tyrone.
The best Hungaroring version is also a BETA 0.3 converted from ACC, don't know who worked on it.
The best Interlagos version is the AMS2 conversion by VHE. You will find it in the ACTL.

In case you are looking for good classic versions of Imola and Spa RMi has some on his Patreon.
Thank you buddy, I'll have a look at your recommendation, what about the other tracks?

Wow, CHQ's Monaco looks awesome!! More like 0.9 than 0.3! He looks to have very high standards, maybe that's why it's just 0.3.

Do you know what is he converting that from? (Yt preview says it's a conversion.)
Monaco and Melbourne are converted from F1 2019. Jeddah and Abu Dhabi from F1 2021 (he started Montreal in F1 2019 but probably restarts in F1 2021). Hanoi from F1 2020 was planned as well but GabenHood did a good conversion as well, soooo ...

His betas are very early because he is doing performance optimizations at the very end. At least that was how he was arguing about that.

Thank you buddy, I'll have a look at your recommendation, what about the other tracks?
There isn't a specific alternative for all the tracks. You can use the ACU versions but sometimes the ai acts super weird (teleports into the pits (this way they sometimes lose a lap when pitting), hits the pitwall at the start, doesn't overtake at all, crashes without any reason, stays stuck in certain gears) or the graphics are just bad and old. Of course you can optimize this stuff by adding skins but this usually doesn't up the quality of the track itself. Some tracks really need to be made from scratch.

The best Suzuka version was made by Reboot Team (converted from ACC).
The best Zandvoort version was made by ACTK (converted from rF2 but also a paid mod, at least 1 € I think).

The other tracks I didn't mention are fine to be used.

probably not gone be changed, its like it is, and probably meant to be like it? a bit exagerated, but a you want it all flat?
It certainly shouldn't be flat, and some other areas of the track could probably have a little more aged road feel, as that climate just bakes the road surface.

As for the two over-exaggerated transitions, is it like that in FM? The transitions should be felt as they're driven over, but they shouldn't cause the car to throw it's rear up in the air, and spin around like a bucking bronco. It's like hitting one of those inside corner "croissant" cut-inhibitors.

The transitions at the overpass in the longer layouts of Dragon Trail are pretty good examples of how they should be. You can still hit those too fast, loose traction, and go into the outside wall or off the track, but they don't cause the car to buck like you hit a curb or track croissant.

hello!

I really like the way Tokyo R246 looks like... specially at night... but I found a lack in the bump "texture" of the road. I just made a few things on Blender to add more bumps... anyway... If someone wants to feel more the road (which is a street road bdw) just try this one... any feedback is always welcome

(remember make a backup of the original nk5 file)

If there anyone interested to work on this kind of "immprovements" for example to Baku or others grat looking tracks but with a lack of road texture just let me know and we can collaborate.

cheers

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017_sx_dubai_15-4-122-11-17-10.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017_sx_dubai_15-4-122-11-17-10.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 21
Hello, I have a question: Since CSP 1.78, I have had a permanent Speedometer on the right which I can't get rid of. it's not an app or anything like that. If I hide this, everything is gone except the speedometer. Please help
You can get rid of it by removing the HelloWorld folder from the LUA folder, which is inside the apps folder.

Last edited:
Do you know any free version of Motegi?
No. There was a free version of Twin Ring Motegi available in the first years of AC. But it was very, very bad and it has disappeared. Now we have 2 pay-version of the track (Gilles and URD), which links can be found in Breathe's list.

Thanks for the track. I'm really enjoying it. For bumps I think they are fine as they are. We have enough mirror-flat tracks so why not some bumpy ones?
Then you probably didn't understand the previous posts correctly. It is not about removing all bumps to make the track smooth as glass. The hints refer only to the points mentioned. I drove the track in FM7 at that time and I don't remember that there were such hard transitions.

Hey guys, I do a lot of live streaming of league races and was wondering if there is any app out there that I could choose existing track cameras to add to a set of key binds? Say, for instance, I want a specific interior camera but instead of hitting F6 to get to the one I want, I set it as a hotkey and just have it ready along with similar exterior cameras and action cameras as well.

Also, just realized we passed 100,000 posts in this thread :eek: Only 10,000 posts or so until we become the longest thread ever on GTP, beating this one :cheers:
Not even close. There's a snail thread with 141,000 posts.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back