- 462

- United Kingdom
Well it rains 25 days or so a year, mostly in the winter. The total yearly average is around 100mm. But I agree there is no way puddles would form in sand and so on. Except possibly on March 9, 2016, when 287.6mm of rain fell in 24 hours. Parts of the country also experienced a hailstorm. But one thing is sure: on that day nobody was motor racing.I don't know (haven't looked it up) how often and how much it rains in Dubai but I'm pretty sure that if there were any puddles at all they would only be on the track surface. It might be a personal preference but I prefer to not have puddles on grass, sand, vertical/banked surfaces like mountains or curbs. I see more and more of these inaccurate RainFX configs being published lately - Ozarks International, VRC Alabama on RD that I fixed for the "author", ...
View attachment 1151544
Unfortunately there are literally a hundred plus objects listed as puddle and soaking materials in this ext_config. I went to strip out the unneeded stuff but when I saw the list I really couldn't be arsed!
Last edited: