Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,089 comments
shi
Amaroo Park v1.01

View attachment 1181389
Conversion from rFactor.
Amaroo Park Raceway was a 1.9 kilometres (1.2 mi) motor racing circuit located in Annangrove, New South Wales, in the present-day western suburbs of Sydney, Australia. Opened in 1967. It was closed in 1998.
The name Amaroo comes from the Aboriginal word meaning beautiful place. (wikipedia)

-CSP required
-28 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original GPL Track by Sergio Loro and Doc Roberto and Thank you for gave me permission (Sergio Loro)
rFactor Conversion by Bud Lucas
rFactor Version 2.0 Release by David Hingston (Hingo)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by Eren Tuzci
logo.png, sections file by @Fanapryde
Edited textures, tweak grassfx by @Mike08
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @Mike08 , @RMi_wood, @Fullnoise , @macko68

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Changed trees to gum trees. (Suggestion by Fullnoise. Thanks.)
-Change color and height of kerb. (It is closer to reality.)
-Added Red/White Kerb skin
-Changed preview.

NOTE: If you have shadow problems, disable "Add Mirage like reflections" under Weather FX in the CSP settings.

Converted upon request by Patreon member Con Strintzos.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

Definitely thankful for this version but its quite a long way off being accurate. I did a least a dozen if not more track days (150+ laps) at Amaroo in the mid to late 90's and this version hardly feels like the same track other than its basic directional layout. The track surface is no where near smooth enough and there are bumps in places where there shouldn't be. The trackside scenery also needs a lot of work. I hope this track can get more development and there are plenty of YouTube videos of racing here both trackside and onboard camera footage so it shouldn't be too hard for stuff to be corrected.

Last edited:
If i'm understanding what you wrote correctly, you just blew my mind. Are you saying you can make a track skin out of an ext_config file that ends in a .dds extension and it will read the config just like it would if it was in the extension folder?
Yup! As long as the ext_config.ini works if you add that .dds extension then it loads the config when loading the skin, here's mine that I did for Laguna Seca track days if you're curious, I forget where I learned it but it really makes it a lot easier than making different layouts or different folders for relatively simple changes like this.

Attachments

• Track Day 2021.zip
    506.6 KB · Views: 15
Just released version 19 of my Reshade suite with huge improvements for all the TV POD track specific presets, these presets can all be used as default at your chioce

Some comparison Image
Screenshot_2022-08-08-03-06-32-211_com.kiwibrowser.browser.jpg

Screenshot_2022-08-08-03-04-07-926_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Also a couple of video samples

Enjoy

Yup! As long as the ext_config.ini works if you add that .dds extension then it loads the config when loading the skin, here's mine that I did for Laguna Seca track days if you're curious, I forget where I learned it but it really makes it a lot easier than making different layouts or different folders for relatively simple changes like this.
That's pretty slick, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. I'll have to take a deeper look at what you did when I have more time. Thanks for the knowledge.

Monti Iblei Hillclimb Italy - rain and grass and vao and so on...

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.
Monti Iblei Italy.zip --> Bart Bowles's ,rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track here --> Original track

To get some light at night.
Copy the text on the atached file down below,to ext_config.ini,on the extension folder.

1659928004485.jpeg

1659928419122.png

Attachments

• lights.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 20
That's pretty slick, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. I'll have to take a deeper look at what you did when I have more time. Thanks for the knowledge.
Yeah I tried to do the same for Sonoma but I still haven’t gotten it to work, but I’m also not the most knowledgeable with writing configs and manipulating the many tools of CSP. Which track are you trying to work on?

@Bart Bowles i was working on them (not on everyone, but i've shared few months ago a list of updated ones with working lights and so on) but, due to the amount of work in progress i never finished all of them yet

here's a list of what i'm working on (KN5 fixes, full config, lights, cameras and so on):

Almofrei
Coppa Nissena
Fasano Selva
Iglesias Sant'Angelo
Reventino
Glava Zete
Krajiska Zmija
Assetto.es - Subida Al Fito v100719 by Assetto.es for AC 1.16.4
CSR - Loros Hillclimb v290220 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
CSR - Parakueyos Hillclimb v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
CSR - Pujada Pollastre v0.7 (040820) by CSR for AC 1.16.4
CSR - St Luzia v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
CSR - Subida Al Fito 2020 v090520 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
CSR - Ventoses Hillclimb v290220 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
TomSimSide - iBergrennen v0.9 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
TomSimSide - Waldau Freies Bergrennen v0.9 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
CSR - Halisa Hillclimb v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
CSR - Iba Hillclimb v290220 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
CSR - Subida A Chantada 2020 v110620 by CSR for AC 1.16.4
EMI - Subida Al Garbi v1.0 by EMI for AC 1.16.4
TomSimSide - Bergrennen Shelsley-Walsh v0.9 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
TomSimSide - Bollenbachtal v0.91 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
CSR - St Ursanne v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
CSR - La Braguia Hillclimb v290220 by CRS for AC 1.16.4
Superstage - Falougha Hillclimb v1.0 by Superstage for AC 1.16.4
TomSimSide - Bergrennen Prescott Speed Hill Climb v0.9 by TomSimSide for AC 1.16.4
TomSimSide - Bergrennen Skradin / Nagrada Grada Skradina v0.91 by TSS for AC 1.16.4

For anyone who needs to know this is one of the easiest things to do with tracks bar changing the colour of trees.
Dev mode, then use objects inspector.
This in ext config file.

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = remove stuff
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = the_track.kn5
HIDE = the_mesh

Or even easier 3Dsimed and simply click on object, delete and save kn file.
Not sure why these posts are done in this way, with no explanation or link to even the config. But its far easier to do it yourself anyway.

If this forum is about one thing it should be giving people the tools to do stuff themselves right?

Last edited:
It doesn't work on my install either. I reckon there's a pretty good chance that CSP 0.1.79-preview5 is involved/implicated.
I've tested that code as a standard extension\ext_config.ini and it works perfectly, so not that.

shi
Amaroo Park v1.01 changelog;

-Changed trees to gum trees. (Suggestion by @Fullnoise . Thanks.)
-Change color and height of kerb. (It is closer to reality.)
-Added Red/White Kerb skin
-Changed preview.
I just managed today to give this a test. I have to agree with Alex Porter. I haven't driven this track since the 80s before moving to the other side of the country so Alex may be a better point of reference.
Being a conversion I don't know how much you are prepared to do but here are my points:
  • track feels too wide. The main start finish is only marginally too wide but then it narrows down a lot after Dunlop loop. After coming down the hill the left hander is much tighter IRL. I think this corner was called "Honda".
  • Dunlop loop was virtually a continual corner and was much tighter IMO.
  • The barriers feel too far away from the outside of the track
  • The vegetation is too thick and also some of it should be removed. From the Start/finish going up the hill on the left was the main spectator area so the trees are further back which finished before the peak of the hill then the trees resumed. Also from this main spectator area from the lowest part to the middle you can see Honda corner clearly and most of the way down the hill before and the kink before.

Thanks again for bringing Amaroo to AC. It was the one place where I witnessed a 935/77 being driven well by a man known as "Pete" Geoghegan.

For anyone who needs to know this is one of the easiest things to do with tracks bar changing the colour of trees.
Dev mode, then use objects inspector.
This in ext config file.

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = remove stuff
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = the_track.kn5
HIDE = the_mesh

Or even easier 3Dsimed and simply click on object, delete and save kn file.
Not sure why these posts are done in this way, with no explanation or link to even the config. But its far easier to do it yourself anyway.

If this forum is about one thing it should be giving people the tools to do stuff themselves right?
Noob here

What about adding stuff, like spectators ? Is it possible through the same method or do you really need to dive into the 3D model ?

Definitely thankful for this version but its quite a long way off being accurate. I did a least a dozen if not more track days (150+ laps) at Amaroo in the mid to late 90's and this version hardly feels like the same track other than its basic directional layout. The track surface is no where near smooth enough and there are bumps in places where there shouldn't be. The trackside scenery also needs a lot of work. I hope this track can get more development and there are plenty of YouTube videos of racing here both trackside and onboard camera footage so it shouldn't be too hard for stuff to be corrected.

I just managed today to give this a test. I have to agree with Alex Porter. I haven't driven this track since the 80s before moving to the other side of the country so Alex may be a better point of reference.
Being a conversion I don't know how much you are prepared to do but here are my points:
  • track feels too wide. The main start finish is only marginally too wide but then it narrows down a lot after Dunlop loop. After coming down the hill the left hander is much tighter IRL. I think this corner was called "Honda".
  • Dunlop loop was virtually a continual corner and was much tighter IMO.
  • The barriers feel too far away from the outside of the track
  • The vegetation is too thick and also some of it should be removed. From the Start/finish going up the hill on the left was the main spectator area so the trees are further back which finished before the peak of the hill then the trees resumed. Also from this main spectator area from the lowest part to the middle you can see Honda corner clearly and most of the way down the hill before and the kink before.

Thanks again for bringing Amaroo to AC. It was the one place where I witnessed a 935/77 being driven well by a man known as "Pete" Geoghegan.
This track is not from scratch, the original is a GPL mod.
I don't know the release date of the GPL version, but the last rFactor version was in 2008. (In short, the mod is old)
I appreciate constructive feedback, but what you guys are talking about should take a lot of patience and time. It is a difficult task. (at least for me).
Any more major improvements are not in my skill set.

Screenshot_ji_porsche_993_rwb_fukuoka_wmmt5_7-7-122-20-1-33.png
Small update for my bad rwb 993
-added more options for cm paint shop
-replaced tire with original one from the game rip [for now]
-simple refraction for headlights only
-somewhat better placeholder physics
Link
also, can someone guide me with refractions? apparently I'm having an issue here which i have no idea how to solve
image_2022-08-08_193637249.png

CHANG INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT update v1.2

v1.2
  • updates by DaBaeda: GrassFX, new asphalt and tree textures; cams, added RainFX, new water shader
  • repaired "Destination of Speed" object
  • new loading screens
  • added track logo by Fanapryde

bgr01.jpg
bgr00.jpg

SNETTERTON 2011 update v1.7

v1.7
  • updates by DaBaeda: GrassFX, new asphalt and tree textures; cams, added RainFX, new water shader
  • new loading screens
  • shader adjustments
  • 30 pits now
  • corner names (track description) by Fanapryde

bgr01.jpg

bgr02.jpg

Selva di Fasano Hillclimb Italy - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/italy

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

This one is not pretty, no way to "cover up" all the problems. I hope CrisT86 finds the time to work his magic because the layout of the track is quite nice to drive.
In the meantime here's my usual stuff if someone wants it.

Attachments

• Selva di Fasano.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
PureLIFE Version 2.5: Several tweaks and specific .lua scripts

Hey mates, I hope you're doing well. Today you'll get the latest update of PureLIFE with several fixes and improvements. What's new? Check the changelog ;)

Have fun and don't forget to give me your personal feedback.

Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_lilski_road_america_8-7-122-14-17-45.jpg

PureLIFE changelog 2.5

PureLIFE (base):
• adjusted brightness
• optimized HDR gamma

PureLIFE EVO:
• optimized brightness and contrast, reworked autoexposure
• added specific .lua script

PureLIFE EVO GT:
• optimized glare in 1st person view

PureLIFE EVO GTS:
• reduced glare in 1st person view
• optimized color temp and white balance
• optimized target brightness
• adjusted saturation
• changed auto exposure metering area
• slightly raised HDR gamma
• adjusted sepia level

PureLIFE for SOL:
• complete reworked with Autoexposure and filmic contrast

Last edited:
Two more cars to add to the 1950s 24 Hours Le Mans, Gordini T15s (Sport Coupe and Spyder Barquette), even though they are not the same as the originals. The usual problems happen, textures, not being able to take off certain parts, rearview mirrors, but already for the track tests, the important thing is to have fun and fill the GRID.
Looking to set up a 1957 LeMans grid. Are these available for download? They would be a great addition!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back