Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
For anyone who needs to know this is one of the easiest things to do with tracks bar changing the colour of trees.
Dev mode, then use objects inspector.
This in ext config file.

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = remove stuff
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = the_track.kn5
HIDE = the_mesh

Or even easier 3Dsimed and simply click on object, delete and save kn file.
Not sure why these posts are done in this way, with no explanation or link to even the config. But its far easier to do it yourself anyway.

If this forum is about one thing it should be giving people the tools to do stuff themselves right?
Simple to do. Thanks.

Selva di Fasano Hillclimb Italy - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/italy

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

This one is not pretty, no way to "cover up" all the problems. I hope CrisT86 finds the time to work his magic because the layout of the track is quite nice to drive.
In the meantime here's my usual stuff if someone wants it.
I think i already did Fasano too, but i have to check (and btw is still not perfect due to a lot of problems).

Except the fact that not all the works are already done for all of them, i didn't yet released nothing because i don't know from where (most) of those tracks comes from and if they can be shared.

Anyway, due to the fact i will NEVER relase the full tracks but only updated files, as soon as they are ready i will share them here, then who will have the tracks (from whatever source they have them i don't care about) will be free to download them and use those updates.

Not sure why these posts are done in this way, with no explanation or link to even the config. But its far easier to do it yourself anyway.

If this forum is about one thing it should be giving people the tools to do stuff themselves right?
Since you quoted me, i'll assume this was directed at me. Excuse me for doing something in a way you don't agree with. From now on everything I do I will run by you first to make sure it's ok. Or better yet, maybe you should not make assumptions like this. Maybe some things were done in private that you are unaware of and these judgmental posts are without basis and don't need posted.

Last edited:
Just released version 19 of my Reshade suite with huge improvements for all the TV POD track specific presets, these presets can all be used as default at your chioce

Some comparison Image
View attachment 1181659

View attachment 1181660

Also a couple of video samples

Enjoy

Be careful or the FOM will remove your video from Youtube... even if you can clearly see that is not real due to the fact that Ferrari makes a good strategy (lmao🙃)

Last edited:
CHANG INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT update v1.2

v1.2
  • updates by DaBaeda: GrassFX, new asphalt and tree textures; cams, added RainFX, new water shader
  • repaired "Destination of Speed" object
  • new loading screens
  • added track logo by Fanapryde

View attachment 1181761View attachment 1181760

SNETTERTON 2011 update v1.7

v1.7
  • updates by DaBaeda: GrassFX, new asphalt and tree textures; cams, added RainFX, new water shader
  • new loading screens
  • shader adjustments
  • 30 pits now
  • corner names (track description) by Fanapryde

View attachment 1181758
View attachment 1181759
Does the Snett one overwrite the reboot one, i mean i normally check but thought i'd ask.

View attachment 1181754
Small update for my bad rwb 993
-added more options for cm paint shop
-replaced tire with original one from the game rip [for now]
-simple refraction for headlights only
-somewhat better placeholder physics
Link
also, can someone guide me with refractions? apparently I'm having an issue here which i have no idea how to solve
let you help from Dan Bucsa (from "our racing simulator"), you can work together on this gem, since he has done a RWB yet and learned a lot of things so he can may give you some tips on how to improve, cause this model looks very promising😉

Last edited:
Cool cheers, I'm at my other computer trying to learn converting tracks and wondered if I should rename the files here before I am back at the rig. Cheers.

As a side note, if anyone is willing to do a written tutorial on how to convert rfactor 1 tracks to AC then i'd be happy to pay you pretty handsomely.
Its sending me mad and i have various odds of info and very little anywhere online to piece together and I give up, i need help.

Hello,

I hope you can help me.
I have generated a paint template for the Audi S3 8L via Content Manager. Everything worked without any problems.

Unfortunately, however, the surfaces are partially mirror-inverted and / or swapped between the sides.

Some examples:

Bonnet: All shapes on the bonnet appear mirrored on the vehicle in the CM Showroom.

Side panels:
The side panels are shown as a single part in the template without separation from the wing over the door and the side panels. However, the assignment alternates between the right and left side on the model.

Is there a way to correct the allocation of the parts before generating the template.

Thanx for your help
Daniel

1659986505321.png

1659986326779.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a 2008 F1 mod available for AC anywhere
There was one by simdream (read scamdream) that was a ****** convert from probably a ps2 f1 game or smth. I think Ponz did a physics adjustment for it
Hello,

I hope you can help me.
I have generated a paint template for the Audi S3 8L via Content Manager. Everything worked without any problems.

Unfortunately, however, the surfaces are partially mirror-inverted and / or swapped between the sides.

Some examples:

Bonnet: All shapes on the bonnet appear mirrored on the vehicle in the CM Showroom.

Side panels:
The side panels are shown as a single part in the template without separation from the wing over the door and the side panels. However, the assignment alternates between the right and left side on the model.

Is there a way to correct the allocation of the parts before generating the template.

Thanx for your help
Daniel

View attachment 1181837

View attachment 1181836
Whoever did the UV mapping for this should be taken outside and shot.

Screenshot 2022-08-08 163537.png

The hood issue can be explained because the UV is flipped, hence why the shapes appear flipped too

Screenshot 2022-08-08 163643.png

The side panels for whatever reason the door on one side is connected to the UV of the other side. Not to mention whatever the hell that line sticking out is.

Unfortunately the only real fix is to actually adjust the UV itself manually and repack the kn5. I've pasted it below along with a new ao map, but it was quickly done so I didn't bother checking if blender naming messed up some textures or not (and the transparency of glass but I think I got all those down). Should hopefully fix the issues
Screenshot 2022-08-08 164401.png

There was one by simdream (read scamdream) that was a ****** convert from probably a ps2 f1 game or smth. I think Ponz did a physics adjustment for it

Whoever did the UV mapping for this should be taken outside and shot.

View attachment 1181870
The hood issue can be explained because the UV is flipped, hence why the shapes appear flipped too

View attachment 1181871
The side panels for whatever reason the door on one side is connected to the UV of the other side. Not to mention whatever the hell that line sticking out is.

Unfortunately the only real fix is to actually adjust the UV itself manually and repack the kn5. I've pasted it below along with a new ao map, but it was quickly done so I didn't bother checking if blender naming messed up some textures or not (and the transparency of glass but I think I got all those down). Should hopefully fix the issues
View attachment 1181872

Wow. Thank you so much :-)

I'm doing some tweaks to the recent Hungaroring_ACC track privately for @AGR based on his suggestions and videos of the 2022 race. Adding and removing some trees and trying to get more accurate grass textures based on the videos I watched. I'd like to put this out there for anyone who might be interested, but I don't know if that's not cool to do since the original track maker might be working on improving it. Is this kind of thing frowned upon here? I.E., messing around with someone's work and making it public. Don't want to get a bad reputation.

Original:
before.jpg

Altered:
after.jpg

I'm doing some tweaks to the recent Hungaroring_ACC track privately for @AGR based on his suggestions and videos of the 2022 race. Adding and removing some trees and trying to get more accurate grass textures based on the videos I watched. I'd like to put this out there for anyone who might be interested, but I don't know if that's not cool to do since the original track maker might be working on improving it. Is this kind of thing frowned upon here? I.E., messing around with someone's work and making it public. Don't want to get a bad reputation.

Original:
View attachment 1182045

Altered:
View attachment 1182046
Just as Lernatix wrote. Looking very good. I think much more people would be interested including myself.
I only recently discovered your work and know that this is great and much appreciated

It doesn't work on my install either. I reckon there's a pretty good chance that CSP 0.1.79-preview5 is involved/implicated.
I've tested that code as a standard extension\ext_config.ini and it works perfectly, so not that.
Are you trying the skin for Laguna Seca I uploaded? I’m running whatever the latest preview is and it hasn’t stopped working for me, but I guess that’s CSP for ya. If you are using the skin I loaded just make sure to activate the skin, the easiest way to tell is the gantry just before the corkscrew will be empty. Just out of curiosity let me know what you’re trying and I’ll happily try to help if I can.

Original:
View attachment 1182045

Altered:
View attachment 1182046
Would love to get this too if you feel like sharing..

Are you trying the skin for Laguna Seca I uploaded? I’m running whatever the latest preview is and it hasn’t stopped working for me, but I guess that’s CSP for ya. If you are using the skin I loaded just make sure to activate the skin, the easiest way to tell is the gantry just before the corkscrew will be empty. Just out of curiosity let me know what you’re trying and I’ll happily try to help if I can.
Yessir. Exactly that.
ks_laguna_seca, opened a fresh copy from my archive, only added your skin. Made sure it's active. Mazda on the gantry.
I'm not hugely fussed, just adding a data point to the collective. I'm MUCH more interested in @racinjoe013 being able to use this.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back