Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 107,698 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Hi @racealot your skins inspired me to give this awesome little mini a complete makeover while keeping it as fun as it is. As soon as you have the skin pack ready, I will add it, work with Legion to get this released. It is also VR ready.
Hi,

my main beef w this one is that the instruments view is blocked partially(by wheel - rpms can't be seen)
and the track becomes visible inside car when the car bottoms out (collider issue?)
I hope these get sorted out, as it will be a marvel to enjoy!
cheers.

Last edited:
United States
Chicago, USA
Public Test Build (early access) of Shutoko Revival Project v0.9.2 is released. Download link available in the SRP discord.

Video preview:

Changelog:
Areas
  • Added Shibuya Crossing, Shibuya Station and surrounding area.
Gameplay
  • Added some missing barriers for wrong way exits.
Visuals
  • Further improvements to materials and textures throughout the track.
  • New model for Tokyo tower with more 3D detail and lights that can be seen from afar.
  • New illumination for Rainbow bridge that can be seen from afar. Early support for special illuminations.
  • Fixed some of graphical issues.
  • Many lighting and track config fixes.
  • The "far plane" tweak is no longer needed. Mt. Fuji and other distant terrain now uses CSP's distance compression feature. Please reset it if you have changed it in the past.
  • Ongoing fix for building materials looking faded and blurry from a distance at night. A lot are fixed already with others to follow.
Misc
  • New VAO, taking advantage of the Pure weather engine's features. Lighting in tunnels during the day vastly improved.
Performance
  • No performance improvements on this PTB version.
Known bugs
  • Colorful lights on Rainbow Bridge not there yet.
  • Some broken UVs on the first Bayshore tunnel.
  • LODs got reset in some areas.
  • Some materials might have wrong values.
  • There's a piece of road in the turnaround of Shibuya that is glitched and has some weird humps.
  • VAO artifacts in the pavements in Shibuya.
  • Minimap is still not updated.

Australia
Australia
Right, I'm not doing this for attention, just a genuine few questions.
It's one thing taking existing mods and fiddling with them and releasing them, but now I'm converting from rfactor 1 i guess i better just get my house in order.

I have about 5 UK Oval tracks converted, AI and grid slots all done, ready to race.

I have Brisca F1 and Brisca F2 both functioning and usable but could do with someone looking over them.

So do i just release them into the wild?
Will I be frowned upon, chased? sued? :D
Or worse only be able to use rfactor 1 for UK oval racing?

Like i say just would like a bit of clarification on how this community feels. I have tried to contact the people who host the mod on rfactor but not heard anything back .

But for me as much as i am happy leaving it as personal use, i'd love this out there.

__custom_showroom_1660564926.jpg

Last edited:
Canada
Canada
It's one thing taking existing mods and fiddling with them and releasing them, but now I'm converting from rfactor 1 i guess i better just get my house in order.

I have about 5 UK Oval tracks converted, AI and grid slots all done, ready to race.

I have Brisca F1 and Brisca F2 both functioning and usable but could do with someone looking over them.

Like i say just would like a bit of clarification on how this community feels. I have tried to contact the people who host the mod on rfactor but not heard anything back .

But for me as much as i am happy leaving it as personal use, i'd love this out there.

View attachment 1183865
as long as you don't put out asinine claims like "realistic physics" or "best visuals out there" there shouldn't really be an issue. More (free) content is always welcome

Take a look at what i found

Is it just me or do all these lmdh start to look the same? at least the peugeot one had a unique look to it

United Kingdom
United Kingdom

View attachment 1183865
Just give credit where you can. There's a chance that those modders are no longer active if their mods are older (being rFactor 1 mods).
Didn't that guy from yesterday say he would be happy for you to release his mods?

Australia
Australia
Just give credit where you can. There's a chance that those modders are no longer active if their mods are older (being rFactor 1 mods).
Didn't that guy from yesterday say he would be happy for you to release his mods?
Yeah i think the best i can do is credit and if someone objects then remove links, by that point most who even want to drive around in small circles would have downloaded it by now.
I'm not so bothered about that side of it anyway, more just I don't want top get a negative reputation on this thread from it.
Just got to sort out shaders etc as learning on the job and my free week is nearly over.
The F2 brisca is functioning.

__custom_showroom_1660571259.jpg

Last edited:
Norway
Norway
I have a problem with the Sx_Lemans (version 2.1) track. Whenever I try to start it from Content manager, it gives me the loading screen, and when it's finished loading the screen turns black and I need to ctrl+alt+del. This happens for any layout, including the 'performance' one. I have CPU optimizations in CSP all set to default, and I don't have trouble with tracks like Targa Florio, which also has animation (the train).

Anybody got any pointers?

Hi,

my main beef w this one is that the instruments view is blocked partially(by wheel - rpms can't be seen)
and the track becomes visible inside car when the car bottoms out (collider issue?)
I hope these get sorted out, as it will be a marvel to enjoy!
cheers.
All taken care of friend. This will be a whole new world of fun in this car.

Australia
Australia
Hey @safi hellie

What are the 5 tracks you have? And are there any rl tracks that don't yet exist in the sim world?
Westworld a defunct track in cornwall
ringwood
scunthorpe grass track oval
arlington
mildenhall

I'm sure you can find them in wreckfest and obviously rfactor as that's were they came from. Most modded wreckfest tracks are also rfactor ports.

I guess the 'fun' part is having it in AC, certainly regards the cars its night and day compared to how they look in rfactor.

Belgium
Belgium
I have a problem with the Sx_Lemans (version 2.1) track. Whenever I try to start it from Content manager, it gives me the loading screen, and when it's finished loading the screen turns black and I need to ctrl+alt+del. This happens for any layout, including the 'performance' one. I have CPU optimizations in CSP all set to default, and I don't have trouble with tracks like Targa Florio, which also has animation (the train).

Anybody got any pointers?
All layouts ?
Do you have stflow installed.

Australia
Australia
Legion has released quite a few rally x cars recently, i notice they are all extended physics, I have avoided extended physics due to the message saying i may have to do a steam integrity check if i use it.

Firstly has anyone had any issues and i mean like steam integrity type issues using it?
Also does it affect other cars at all which don't use it?

And has anyone tried the legion rally x stuff and is it worth risking it to try them?

Germany
Germany
Hello

Another Gem that needs cleaners...

Another thing
This car has 4 rearview mirrors, 2 more on the front window, it would be great if you can remove it..
Anyone qualify?

It cost

McLaren F1 (1994)

Jandrovi Physics

https://sharemods.com/zihzfgclcw47/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.rar.html
CSP extension for McLaren F1 (1994)
  • CSP wipers
  • Internal windows
  • existing animations bound to extra buttons A, B & C

Extension download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/yyrouzht0efe78b/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.zip/file

Known issue: internal door windows are not parented to the door nulls which means the internal windows will not move with the doors - positioning and rotating the windows to match the door null orientation is a pita. Just don't open the doors while it's raining...

Mod download: https://sharemods.com/zihzfgclcw47/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.rar.html (Youtube link)

1660584521786.png

@Wlynsan Removing the interior mirrors would require separating the mesh in the model, so it's not just a matter of hiding them via CSP config.
1660543107433.png

Norway
Norway
install this shader: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/stflow-shader.161360/
Then give the track a try.
You will need this shader in order for several newer tracks to work. They will not without it.
Thanks, but I'm assuming it's already been installed for me by some of those tracks that need it. Cuz I have a lot of the big popular new ones. But maybe I should just get it manually in case some tracks don't bring it with them.

Anyway, the game started crashing while loading other tracks as well, so some stuff might have gotten corrupted somewhere. I did a full reinstal, and I now install everything manually by copy/pasting and keeping backup of everything that gets overwritten. So far the 108 car Nordschleife mod, a track that also crashed the game earlier, works fine.

So it might have not been the Le Mans track per se that was broken. Haven't dared installing it yet though, as it was when loading that one for the first time that the crashing started. Will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Germany
Germany
Hi,

I am currently working on the next BPR 1994 skin. This time it is for the Porsche 968 Turbo RS from Shokeus. When I control my progress via CM, I always have the impression, that the windows are far too transparent. Sometimes you get the impression that there are no windows. I would be happy if somebody could teach me what I need to do to have better looking windows.

1660593400024.png

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanx Daniel

Last edited:
France
France
CSP extension for McLaren F1 (1994)
  • CSP wipers
  • Internal windows
  • existing animations bound to extra buttons A, B & C

Extension download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/yyrouzht0efe78b/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.zip/file

Known issue: internal door windows are not parented to the door nulls which means the internal windows will not move with the doors - positioning and rotating the windows to match the door null orientation is a pita. Just don't open the doors while it's raining...

Mod download: https://sharemods.com/zihzfgclcw47/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.rar.html (Youtube link)

View attachment 1183928

@Wlynsan Removing the interior mirrors would require separating the mesh in the model, so it's not just a matter of hiding them via CSP config.
View attachment 1183813
Great Job !
Is it possible to make Aibrake fonctionnal ?

Last edited:
Finland
Helsinki
Legion has released quite a few rally x cars recently, i notice they are all extended physics, I have avoided extended physics due to the message saying i may have to do a steam integrity check if i use it.

Firstly has anyone had any issues and i mean like steam integrity type issues using it?
no and depends.
you can independently apply ext-phys to any car and CM will remember your choice
afaik if a car has ext-phys it is enabled automagically

Belgium
Belgium

And has anyone tried the legion rally x stuff and is it worth risking it to try them?

no and depends.
you can independently apply ext-phys to any car and CM will remember your choice
afaik if a car has ext-phys it is enabled automagically
Hate to disagree with RMi_wood , but I personally find them quite nice to toss around (for example on the Monaco Faux rallycross track)... The Citroen and Audi got 5 stars from me and a Fav+, the Porsche not so much as mirrors are all but useless.
For me the extended physics box was ticked, and I used the car (so far I see no issues).
But then unticking it makes me feel absolutely no difference whatsoever tbh.

Belgium
Belgium
Velo's recently posted BMW 2800 CS (found here) is also one of my new favorite mods, with great handling, sound and immersion imho.
For VR users, alter driver3D.ini and make this change :
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET
should be
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69_SUB0

It would be a good candidate for this group to pour some extra TLC into ... for one it has no working wipers, and the smoke does not come from exhaust but 30cm or so higher...

Australia
Australia
Hate to disagree with RMi_wood , but I personally find them quite nice to toss around (for example on the Monaco Faux rallycross track)... The Citroen and Audi got 5 stars from me and a Fav+, the Porsche not so much as mirrors are all but useless.
For me the extended physics box was ticked, and I used the car (so far I see no issues).
Not sure RMi wood was saying anything about the cars, more that he was talking about the extended physics setting as a whole.
Interesting that you say it makes no difference to feel whether its on or off though.

Canada
Sherbrooke, Québec,
MastrFocus

Worst I've had yet is the car not moving, but when you deactivate the extended physics its all good.
Try a wet track without extended physics and with it