Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,798 comments
Thanks very much for this.
I suspect the answer might be 'no' (as it seems like a difficult nut to crack) but is there any way to slow down your custom shifting animation so it appears more natural? The driver's hand moves to and from the steering wheel at warp speed, which totally kills immersion in VR.
The normal adjustment parameters in data/driver3d.ini don't make any difference.
Thanks again.
First of all, Thank you for your kind words.
That is true. It will be hard for me to find correct setting.
I think mechanism of AC's Shifting animation is too hard to fit proper timing setup for manual shifting.
Because Shifting must go through Neutral position and Down shifting time is musch faster than Up Shifting.
That's why it is something stange. But i will keep finding methods until "llja Jusupov aka x4fab" who makes
AC is most wonderful Racing game solve that!!

Thank You Masscot and All!

Thanks very much for this.
I suspect the answer might be 'no' (as it seems like a difficult nut to crack) but is there any way to slow down your custom shifting animation so it appears more natural? The driver's hand moves to and from the steering wheel at warp speed, which totally kills immersion in VR.
The normal adjustment parameters in data/driver3d.ini don't make any difference.
Thanks again.
in ext_config under the [ANIMATION_...] headers adjust the TIME = values for the gear shift animations (which is currently set to 0.3). That should help with the mach speed driver

Its back on racedepartment again here.
Fully safe and legit, just new.

ps. thanks for the support!
Hi, I have put the main folder on 'mods' folder of AC, enabled it but does not work...I certainly do not make the things on a good way. Waiting for some instructions how to install.
Thanks

Last edited:
hello I have just updated my Bristow Motorsports skin #34 of the 1994 Paris 1000 km race.

RealCar.JPG
Perscpective.JPG

I wish you a lot of fun with the skin :-)

Hi, I have put the main folder on 'mods' folder of AC, enabled it but does not work...I certainly do not make the things on a good way. Waiting for some isntrucitons how to install.
Thanks
You can also try using the windows installer from the download page.
Also make sure the app is enabled from the Apps section of the settings in Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
@racinjoe013 Just wondering if you have considered turning your attention towards Mugello and Magione, two Kunos tracks that could really do with a grass and tree update.
I already did some work on Mugello that I released awhile back. The date stamp on my Mega file says 7/12/2022 but I swear it hasn't been that long. I must have made changes since then and never posted an update. This is the current version I have. Not really any tree work, mostly just the grass and added track lights.

Mugello mod v0.99

I'm not sure I ever drove Magione but I can have a look at it and see what I can do.

EDIT: Just had a look at Magione. It looks good to me as is. Maybe the VAO patch makes the tree shadows too dark, but other than that, it looked fine. Is there something specific you see wrong with the grass and trees that i'm overlooking?

EDIT2: Just noticed one really bad looking tree at the end of the front stretch I think. I might just hide it if I can't fix the texture. Also, i'm not sure what's going on with the seasonal adjustments. They are a mess. Doesn't seem like anyone took the time to actually test them.

Last edited:
hi y'all, quick request, I need the OLD data.acd file for the "urd_detroit_egt_2018_LM", just for the OLD/Original speed spec for the car, I used to have the old data, but it accidentally got overwritten/replaced. I just need that old data.acd file please, the other car I need to have the fast spec because of a series i'm in. Thank you in advanced

Hi guys. This is my first job with car editing. So, sorry because surely something could not be perfect. But I also had to start somewhere!

So, I present my version of Alpine GTA V6 Turbo Le Mans. I worked on graphic only, so I leave original physic that didn't look so bad. But if someone want to work on it... he can do!
I used the ACT80 model, with first edit from Mike173.

List of changes:
  • LODS
  • CSP Settings
  • New plates
  • Wiper animation (not so perfect, but maybe @El Locho could improve my work)
  • Ligths Refraction
  • Light EXTRA A:Front and Rear Fog Ligths
  • Light EXTRA B:Highbeam

Screenshot_alpine_gta_lemans_paris_25-8-122-20-59-39.jpg
Screenshot_alpine_gta_lemans_paris_25-8-122-21-5-51.jpg
Screenshot_alpine_gta_lemans_paris_25-8-122-21-5-7.jpg

I plan to do some interior works in the future. This is just a starting point, and I hope you appreciate it!

Last edited:
I already did some work on Mugello that I released awhile back. The date stamp on my Mega file says 7/12/2022 but I swear it hasn't been that long. I must have made changes since then and never posted an update. This is the current version I have. Not really any tree work, mostly just the grass and added track lights.

Mugello mod v0.99

I'm not sure I ever drove Magione but I can have a look at it and see what I can do.

EDIT: Just had a look at Magione. It looks good to me as is. Maybe the VAO patch makes the tree shadows too dark, but other than that, it looked fine. Is there something specific you see wrong with the grass and trees that i'm overlooking?

EDIT2: Just noticed one really bad looking tree at the end of the front stretch I think. I might just hide it if I can't fix the texture. Also, i'm not sure what's going on with the seasonal adjustments. They are a mess. Doesn't seem like anyone took the time to actually test them.

For me the grass on Magione seems overly bright (the same issue I have with Mugello).
It's not a big deal, I can just darken the textures a little for myself, but was just wondering if you were planning on doing anything with them.
Thanks for the Mugello update, I'll take a look at it next time I'm at my rig.

Last edited:
I found a lot of skins for the Assetto Corsa version of the Abarth 595 ss but unfortunately not the car itself.
I wonder if someone got it and is willing to share it...

in ext_config under the [ANIMATION_...] headers adjust the TIME = values for the gear shift animations (which is currently set to 0.3). That should help with the mach speed driver
Thanks for this suggestion but unfortunately it only affects the timing of the shifting itself, and not the spped of the movement from the wheel to the gearknob and back again. This is where the teleporting happens.
The usual driver3d.ini values make no difference to this either.

Thanks for this suggestion but unfortunately it only affects the timing of the shifting itself, and not the spped of the movement from the wheel to the gearknob and back again. This is where the teleporting happens.
The usual driver3d.ini values make no difference to this either.
Do you mean when the animation gets stuck like this in between shifts?
Screenshot_ferrari_f40_92_12_hungary_gp21_25-8-122-17-4-58.jpg

If so, set TICK_TOCK_MODE = 1

Last edited:
Hi guys. This is my first job with car editing. So, sorry because surely something could not be perfect. But I also had to start somewhere!

So, I present my version of Alpine GTA V6 Turbo Le Mans. I work on graphic only, so I leave original physic that didn't look so bad. But if someone want to work on it... he can do!
I use the ACT80 model, with first edit from Mike173.

List of changes:
  • LODS
  • CSP Settings
  • New plates
  • Ligths Refraction

View attachment 1195348 View attachment 1195349View attachment 1195351

I plan to do some interior works in the future. This is just a starting point, and I hope you appreciate it!

Thanks for this!

I had a road going Alpine GTA mod before, but as of late I hadn't been able to get it working in race, must've broke after a recent CSP update. This has been working perfectly so far. :)

Two previews of races following the 1970 test season.
Second Grand Prix in Jarama/Spain with McLaren M14A/Bruce, and third Grand Prix in Monaco with Lotus 49C/Jochen.

And finally after some time I'm able to better adjust the graphics for the Assetto Corsa.
With the "hardware" settings I have, I couldn't get the parameters right. With the help of some teammates, the change was very significant, but I believe there is still room for improvement.
It's quite different to "drive" in these conditions, besides the fluidity of the image, the visibility of the track details (and seeing the replays) is another thing.
Jarama

Monaco

Have you tried TICK_TOCK_MODE = 1 as above?
View attachment 1195379
Looks fine with it enabled (can obviously fine tune it)
wow!!! that gear shifting animation looks fantastic!! Which mod car F40 is this?

Not many cars have this level of animation detail which is a real shame.

I was quite surprised to see RSS didn't do this for their Formula 70 car, but instead did the silly helmet visor animation which I would have been happy to not have..

this one
Ferrari F40 '92(v1.1) by F40 LM Lover

It is required CSP 1.76 or above Version.
Some Features are changed or fixed/Added

1. Change Logs
1) Physics is Totally Roll back to Kuno's Original F40 S3
-. I'm not good at edit Physics and Some guys not satisfied about the physics and they said that Kunos original physics is better.
So, The Physics are totally rollback to F40 S3's. Only differences between two is like below.
. Weight
. Engine Power : I don't want to give up faster accellations, Kunos Orignal F40 is slower than Real.
. Gear Ratios : I don't want to give up regarding Top Speed
. Tyres : It is Kunos Pirelli Corsa's
. After Roll-back to Original, Its 0 to 100km/h : 4.1sec, 0 to 160km/h : 7.36sec, 0 to 200km/h : 10.86sec,
0 to 300km/h : 28.9sec and Top Speed : 325.4km/h at Nardo test track

-. If you don't like the physics, there are no options. Because it is kuno's. Best Suggestion is Wating and use "Jandrovi Physics"
If he release his physics, You can try it.

2) Added Emissives & Features
-. Water Temp alarm, Engine Stalled(You can see the differnecs When You Releasing clutch pedal even gear shifter is not Neutral)
-. Added Odometer Main and Trip
-. Wiered Wiper Animation is Fixed
-. Turn Signal Blinking Frequencys are Changed
-. Much Better Gear shifting animation : Thanks to My friend GADU who gives a good time Settings
-. Interior shadows are fixed by CSP Shader replacement : Thanks to LJSenna
-. Added Exhaust Flames by leon XD : Thanks to leon XD
-. Hand Brake Lighting, Battery alarm : Thanks to leon XD

2. Download link is changed to v1.1
https://mega.nz/file/EwQRDRZK#eF6QGDsHyR0nDQWzyC2bg4l7MJWcZBJZY6EUXyuyDhU

3. Thank you, everyone. See you next car!

wow!!! that gear shifting animation looks fantastic!! Which mod car F40 is this?

Not owning a F40 BUT should the gear stick return to neutral in each gear change??

Last edited:

I was quite surprised to see RSS didn't do this for their Formula 70 car, but instead did the silly helmet visor animation which I would have been happy to not have..

Check the previous page

Not owning a F40 BUT should the gear stick return to neutral in each gear change??
Strange indeed, but maybe it's a simplify way to do the animation ? one for each gear, with back to neutral, instead of one from every other gear potential position ?

Hey, quick question also : am I the only one finding the "content" section of CM quite buggy ? I'm trying to clean a bit the mess in my cars and tracks by uniforming the tags, and it just randomly say "nah not this one", like 1 out of 4 times when clicking on the save button, saving it back to it's previous form. pretty frustrating when you were motivated to go through hundreds of tracks :D

shi
Colorado 24 v1.03
View attachment 1193250
Fictional circuit in USA.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP required
-44 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2 layout (1990/2013)

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Edobot (Edoardo Bottin)
-Thank you for gave me permission
GTR2 Converted by by LaChub

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
cam by @DaBaeda
logo.png by @Fanapryde
permissions obtained from parallel effort by @RMi_wood
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @twobegreen , @Masscot

Enjoy.

Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-New AI and sidelines.
-Fixed normals and shaders.
-Fixed floating skidmark.
-Fixed flickering tree.
-Updated ext_config.
-Updated terrain texture.
-Added cam by DaBaeda.
-Updated preview.
v1.02 changelog;

-Fixed billboard mapping. (Thanks for the report by @Masscot .)
v1.03 changelog;

-Changed normal map texture of rocks. (Thanks for the report by @Masscot .)

Colorado 24 v1.03
The link is in the quote.

v1.03 changelog;
-Changed normal map texture of rocks. (Thanks for the report by @Masscot .)
colorado_23-8-122-14-44-59.jpg

So, I present my version of Alpine GTA V6 Turbo Le Mans. I worked on graphic only, so I leave original physic that didn't look so bad. But if someone want to work on it... he can do!
I used the ACT80 model, with first edit from Mike173.

List of changes:
  • LODS
  • CSP Settings
  • New plates
  • Ligths Refraction

View attachment 1195348 View attachment 1195349View attachment 1195351

It would be nice if you add a prefix or suffix, to avoid overwriting the original.
Thank you.
I found a lot of skins for the Assetto Corsa version of the Abarth 595 ss but unfortunately not the car itself.
I wonder if someone got it and is willing to share it...
Abarth 595 ss

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back