Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,689 comments
I don't know if it's just me but how good does the road legal R390 in white look? Hopefully someone does a skin for the AC mod, just beautiful in my opinion.
View attachment 1213449View attachment 1213450
First skin I made for the rss mod bc it was the easiest lmao.

preview.jpg

Further to that, its a bit unfair to chastise hobbyist modders for not making 1-1 physics sets for the cars.
I mean even some kunos cars they had to bend stuff to make it work in the game. And then there PCars with its grandiose claims with many cars feeling remarkably broken.
And then of course there's the golden oldies which still have a lot of praise like GTR2 etc which had no proper tyre models or FFB or physics.

Also people need to understand a bit more that in real life race cars have 'copy and paste' physics and data. BTCC is a good example of that with some cars with same engines and chassis with different shells.
An easy example is the famous Ford transit supervan which was a transit shell on an F1 car of the day.
Same as the renault espace..... yet people see a van and think its really a van they made to go fast...

If a modder did that you'd get posts saying "its copy and paste kunos f1 car with a transit shell"....
Not quite sure why you quote me and bring up something I didnt even say?

Hi !
Am I alone with this issue with RSS Nisumo (R390) ?
The left rear brake caliper isn't in the right place. But it's strange because in content manager showroom I don't have this issue, only ingame ...
Does someone know to solve this ?
I have asked to RSS team but no answer ...

nisumo.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa whoa...why is content converted from another games is not allowed on RD?
Converting = stealing = no go on RD. That's all.

And yes, sometimes, some converts pass the RD rule, usually it's because the base was also a (free) mod at first, or permission was explicitly given, or both.

But always keep in mind : Converting is stealing. Period.
The question is : do you mind stealing the (already made years ago) content from an unknown group of professionnals who care that much for it they wouldn't even recognize it now, to make it free and accessible to another group of individuals for a completetly different software, unrelated to the first one, and sometimes already bought by them (years ago, again) ? I mean... Even if you buy the rights to use and convert it to it's rightful owner, does that mean the payment would go into the hands of his creators ? Or more likely into the hand of a big company who published that very game (years ago, again) and doesn't care much for it now, not even support it in any way today ?

We could discuss a looong time on those subject here and there but we wont. The only thing important is : RD do mind. So it's not allowed. Here, we don't (...that much). So it's allowed (kind of... just don't ask to get paid for it)

Oh yes, this seems to be right, wonderfull work!

I've just started to work, unfortunately I forgot to mention that the texture for the rear lights need a normal map to show the effect of refraction, smooth glass doesn't help much there, but it's also possible in a pinch, I'll still do that quickly in the kseditor and off we go.

p.s. really great that you @El Locho gave each texture its own mesh underneath, so you can refractory everything, including blinkers :-)

The thing is, i could do this to all old mods for ac but the cars must have suited splitted meshes, certain shaders and so on and so on, it is complicated.

Currently i have 1600 car mods and I bookmark the ones that I can use for refraction, currently I have checked about 1000 cars and I have been able to do the csp refraction for about 500 so far, no idea if I will ever publish them or not, because the kn5 have been changed for many, there are also copyrights etc.
What I somehow can't do at all are refractions on cars that have folding headlights.

here some examples for everyone interested
View attachment 1213070
560 SEC
View attachment 1213071
Alpine A442
View attachment 1213072
View attachment 1213073
Dodge Challenger
Very interested!

Hi !
Am I alone with this issue with RSS Nisumo (R390) ?
The left rear brake caliper isn't in the right place. But it's strange because in content manager showroom I don't have this issue, only ingame ...
Does someone know to solve this ?
I have asked to RSS team but no answer ...

View attachment 1213505
redownload the cars. a fix was issued 11/29 for that as well as some other things

Did anyone grab these while they were up? I only got a couple. I know they aren't 'good' but man, NFS4 was the best and I went to bed before Celtic Ruins was uploaded, and they were all gone by the time I checked again.

Here's what I got:
Dolphin Cove

Kindiak Park

Did anyone grab these while they were up? I only got a couple. I know they aren't 'good' but man, NFS4 was the best and I went to bed before Celtic Ruins was uploaded, and they were all gone by the time I checked again.

Here's what I got:
Dolphin Cove

Kindiak Park
Here's what I got,

Celtic ruins:

Landstrasse:

Enjoy.

Added link to optional ext_config update. You can read what it's for on the link description. After some testing, i'm pretty sure it doesn't mess with Pyyer's F1 mods, but please let me know if it does so I can remove it. Should be the last update needed. Pretty happy with where the mod stands now that I fixed these couple of problems.
hi @racinjoe013 thanks for your great job. i want to report only that with your config puddles on asphalt are not working anymore...please have a look

Last edited:
I already have the last version V2
Hi !

I already got this version 2 as all the customers but a silent update by RSS has been done, I verified it.

I wasn’t aware about this fact but some people here wrote about this.

Cheers and take care. ;-)

plenty of things are ripped from other games and are allowed on rd^^.
Tracks mainly, from GTR2, rFactor, GP4, etc
Conversions of original user-created content from other games are allowed with the permission of the original creator, but not cars or tracks ripped from commercial games and with IP owned by publishers - which is what's under discussion here, isn't it?

Last edited:
Hi !

I already got this version 2 as all the customers but a silent update by RSS has been done, I verified it.

I wasn’t aware about this fact but some people here wrote about this.

Cheers and take care. ;-)

Ok I will check this ! Thanks.

hi @racinjoe013 thanks for your great job. i want to report only that with your config puddles on asphalt are not working anymore...please have a look
Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at the config before I head to work. I see the asphalt listed under the puddles entry so i'm not sure why it isn't working. I'll have to test it on track later today and see what's going on. Is this on all layouts or one of the F1 mod layouts?

EDIT2: I might know why. Can you test something for me since I don't have time right now. I have asph? entered under the rough and puddles materials. Can you remove it from the rough materials and see if the puddles come back. If you can't do it now, i'll get to it in a few hours. Thanks...

Last edited:
Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at the config before I head to work. I see the asphalt listed under the puddles entry so i'm not sure why it isn't working. I'll have to test it on track later today and see what's going on. Is this on all layouts or one of the F1 mod layouts?

EDIT2: I might know why. Can you test something for me since I don't have time right now. I have asph? entered under the rough and puddles materials. Can you remove it from the rough materials and see if the puddles come back. If you can't do it now, i'll get to it in a few hours. Thanks...
@racinjoe013 solved, i copied @Cozy61 rain fx into your config and now it works..

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    45.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Not quite sure why you quote me and bring up something I didnt even say?
Saves quoting multiple quotes and further to that its not like your post was talking about the weather, you were carrying on the conversation about mods and ripped content etc.
I'm furthering the conversation using the last post in that conversation, yours.
I forgot how offended everyone is these days about everything, sorry.

Just a heads up for anyone trying to redownload my mods. Most of them have been taken down because of quality issues. I have reconsidered the quality standard for my mods. Going forward from now on mods will be of better quality. The XJ220S and the Countach will soon be getting overhauls again. Mostly to iron 3D issues out such as the tire shadows,the interior uv maps and the front tires being dead for the XJ220S for the Countach the car will be getting a 3D overhaul for the low poly parts and other 3D and texture issues that were on the car (because i didn't port some parts from the original model correctly such as the front dashboard) along with huge improvements for the optimization for the mods. The main kn5 should from now on be around the 50k to 59K size the lods should be around the Kunos size. However the polygons for the main kn5 will sadly be a bit bigger however i will try to lower the polygons for the lods as much as i can without losing too much quality.
My main focus and priority are now mods. So no more messing around with sound banks and 3D modeling. The Tamora is still in development... However i'm doing the mods one by one so i don't get too overwhelmed.
Also rest assured my mods will still be free and unencrypted so do whatever you really want with them i don't really care.
However as i'm taking time with my mods the development time will be longer so expect longer times for the updates and mods to be released as i'm pretty much the only tester for these mods.
i would also appreciate if any of you want to give me feedback for any of my mods and what would you like to see changed/added/removed from the mods as always.
NOTE:The fixes are not present in the picture below as the fixes are still in development. The 3D issues for the Countach are almost fixed.(Most of the low poly stuff now has been smoothed and looks far better) The UV's have been fixed as well then i have to do the optimization. However i'm not rushing to release it as i'm still looking for issues....
Screenshot_lamborghini_countach_25th_grindelwald_5-11-122-15-55-4.png

Really tired of doing too many projects at once instead of properly finishing one.

Last edited:
Conversions of original user-created content from other games are allowed with the permission of the original creator, but not cars or tracks ripped from commercial games and with IP owned by publishers - which is what's under discussion here, isn't it?
Yeah stuff can slip through though, having converted a fair amount of rfactor stuff I'm starting to see a lot of stuff that before I'd of assumed someone made for rfactor, but now I'm aware of codies DiRT models that have been converted to rfactor along with other converts.
I did a rally cross car the other day which i realised was a DiRT model so DiRT to rfactor to AC.
Then this is where credit's get somewhat blurred, why should i credit someone who ripped it from DiRT?
Not that i bother with credits as i don't release any of them, although some people think a video on youtube of a converted mod should credit the original modder. Still can't get my head around that.

Last edited:
Red Bull Ring Mod v2.1

Red Bull Ring Mod v2.1

Please make a backup copy of your ks_red_bull_ring folder to be safe because this replaces or adds files to the track folder. Also delete any track skins from my previous version. CSP is required to work properly. If you don't use CSP, the track skins will still work, but you will have to copy the files to the default folder in the skins directory.

Credit for the ext_config goes to the CSP guys who did the original config used as the base and @CrisT86 for the changes to the config to make it work better.
Track skins are a combination of my own edited textures with a few textures from a skin I already had (don't know the author) and @Peter Boese ac-color-corrections texture pack.
Additional kn5 files for the stock track done by me.
Two additional track cams done by me.
Special thanks to @CrisT86 for all the help with the config and @andrevr , @Peter Boese , and @xNAPx for testing things for me along the way. And @ales100i for the pictures of the area to help me get the season changes somewhat accurate.

All decisions on texture colors and brightness were made based on watching Youtube videos of the recent F1 race. To be honest, one set of trees should be brighter to be more accurate, but they looked out of place as brighter textures. If I hear enough complaints, i'll adjust the texture and make it available.

Can't stress this enough, please read the included Readme file so you can understand everything in the download. I tried to accommodate as many variables as I could so there are a couple of config options to fit your ppfilter, monitor settings, personal tastes, etc.

View attachment 1212404

Any and all improvement suggestions are welcome. I did the best I could, but i'm sure there are mistakes to be fixed.

EDIT: Optional skin update. If you're happy with how things look, there is no need for this. I included the wrong Trees4.dds file. Can't believe no one complained about how yellow it was. Also updated the top1 and TOP files to better match the brightness of the main grass areas. The full mod link above includes this update so no need for this if you are getting the mod for the first time.

Red Bull Ring skin update

EDIT2: Optional ext_config update. Extract and overwrite when it asks. Adds lights to the s/f line display board digits without causing other things to light up that shouldn't be lit. Also includes a typo fix in one of the flag light LUTs. I still kept the Pyyer stuff in a separate folder for those that don't not want to alter Pyyer's mods even though my additions don't alter anything he did. You'll need to extract the contents of that folder as well if you want to use it. The full mod link above includes this update so no need for this if you are getting the mod for the first time.

Red Bull Ring config update
Hotfix for the config update at the bottom to correct an issue with the road not gathering puddles in the rain. Thanks to @mfods for pointing out my mistake. Since I had to do this, I went ahead and altered some tree and road ambient and diffuse values for the Light and CSP versions of the config. Sorry for the hassle. This really should be it.

Hi guys,

no BPR skin today. I just couldn't resist to do the first ever Ferrari 333 SP which took part in the Le Mans 24H. The car was entered by the American team Euromotorsport.

1670265435667.png

This car will meet a lot of BPR cars on the LeMans Circuit :-)

Have fun guys

Daniel

Just a heads up for anyone trying to redownload my mods. Most of them have been taken down because of quality issues. I have reconsidered the quality standard for my mods. Going forward from now on mods will be of better quality. The XJ220S and the Countach will soon be getting overhauls again. Mostly to iron 3D issues out such as the tire shadows,the interior uv maps and the front tires being dead for the XJ220S for the Countach the car will be getting a 3D overhaul for the low poly parts and other 3D and texture issues that were on the car (because i didn't port some parts from the original model correctly such as the front dashboard) along with huge improvements for the optimization for the mods. The main kn5 should from now on be around the 50k to 59K size the lods should be around the Kunos size. However the polygons for the main kn5 will sadly be a bit bigger however i will try to lower the polygons for the lods as much as i can without losing too much quality.
My main focus and priority are now mods. So no more messing around with sound banks and 3D modeling. The Tamora is still in development... However i'm doing the mods one by one so i don't get too overwhelmed.
Also rest assured my mods will still be free and unencrypted so do whatever you really want with them i don't really care.
However as i'm taking time with my mods the development time will be longer so expect longer times for the updates and mods to be released as i'm pretty much the only tester for these mods.
i would also appreciate if any of you want to give me feedback for any of my mods and what would you like to see changed/added/removed from the mods as always.
NOTE:The fixes are not present in the picture below as the fixes are still in development. The 3D issues for the Countach are almost fixed.(Most of the low poly stuff now has been smoothed and looks far better) The UV's have been fixed as well then i have to do the optimization. However i'm not rushing to release it as i'm still looking for issues....
View attachment 1213553
Really tired of doing too many projects at once instead of properly finishing one.
Hey one question, after the fix is it cool if i remake this countach with yours?
1670270882255.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back