Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,074 comments
Volkswagen Golf Mk1 Club Track update v1.65

v1.65 Wheel rim alpha issue fixed; Exhaust flames reworked by rt3c; LODs updated and lods.ini error corrected; LOD mirrors fixed; WD40, Tic Tac, and Chupa Chups skins added.

View attachment 1213660

You know what, everything about this car is just cool. From the way it looks, the way it sounds, the way it handles, the fun factor. It's such a little gem of a mod. Thanks for all the work.

You know what, everything about this car is just cool. From the way it looks, the way it sounds, the way it handles, the fun factor. It's such a little gem of a mod. Thanks for all the work.
I've always loved hot hatches, and widebody hot hatches in particular - probably ever since seeing a Renault 5 Turbo bombing around London in the 1980s. It just looked so squat and purposeful.
I think I adapted this one a few years ago from a hillclimb car I found on Assettoland. Can't remember all that I did but I think removed some wings, added a 6th gear, a new driver and shifting animation and messed with some shaders. Can't remember if I adjusted the power, brakes or grip at all. More recent stuff was adjusting the gearstick position to fit the shifting animation, redoing the machined metal instrument dash, then all the good stuff in the recent changelogs with a lot of invaluable help from a few others here.
Still lots to improve. It would benefit from an offside wing mirror. The collider is from a bus. And loads of stuff we haven't even spotted yet. The physics won't bear close examination and would probably have Einstein spinning in his grave, but... who cares, right? It's fictional, and a big bag of bananas fun. It was always meant to be a bit of a laugh, and never supposed to be a serious car.

Last edited:
I've always loved hot hatches, and widebody hot hatches in particular - probably ever since seeing a Renault 5 Turbo bombing around London in the 1980s. It just looked so squat and purposeful.
I think I adapted this one a few years ago from a hillclimb car I found on Assettoland. Can't remember all that I did but I think removed some wings, added a 6th gear, a new driver and shifting animation and messed with some shaders. Can't remember if I adjusted the power, brakes or grip at all. More recent stuff was adjusting the gearstick position to fit the shifting animation, redoing the machined metal instrument dash, then all the good stuff in the recent changelogs with a lot of invaluable help from a few others here.
Still lots to improve. It would benefit from an offside wing mirror. The collider is from a bus. And loads of stuff we haven't even spotted yet. The physics won't bear close examination and would probably have Einstein spinning in his grave, but... who cares, right? It's fictional, and a big bag of bananas fun. It was always meant to be a bit of a laugh, and never supposed to be a serious car.
much like you, i love the hot hatches, and loved the sports sedan racing back in the 80s/90s in NZ.
my favourite was a KP60 Toyota Starlet, fitted with an oldsmobile v8. Later a gen 2 version was made (The CRC one) and it was fitted with a Rover v8. The owner/builder of the car was a pioneer with wings on sedans in NZ, when he fitted a rear wing off a Formula Atlantic (if memory serves me right)

Last edited:
Hotfix for the config update at the bottom to correct an issue with the road not gathering puddles in the rain. Thanks to @mfods for pointing out my mistake. Since I had to do this, I went ahead and altered some tree and road ambient and diffuse values for the Light and CSP versions of the config. Sorry for the hassle. This really should be it.
hi joe, did you correct all config files (including those for pyyer ext)?

hi joe, did you correct all config files (including those for pyyer ext)?
Yes I did. Please don't tell me it's still not working. I might shoot myself.

On another note, i'm trying to redo that horrible top image on Mugello that makes the secondary grass areas look horrible. Looks pretty good, but the image has so many secondary roads and stuff that masking all of them to keep them is quite a chore. Are there any graphical experts here that might have some advice. I tried using the magic wand tool and then selecting similar colors, but it still leaves holes in the areas I want to keep becausae of the color variety.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

Hey my bad mate I add credits for your work !
I quickly wanted to mention the same thing. The skins your mod contains were not done by mrhunt but by myself.

Next time, just ask before you use my skins and then no one would have a problem :) Great work on that awesome car though, like it a lot!

Not to harp on the RD thing, I get all the mods I want because I know how to use the internet. But by their logic how is a scratch made mod of a real life car, say a Lamborghini for example, not stealing the design of the car makers and engineers since their permission was not requested?

Last edited:
Not to harp on the RD thing, I get all the mods I want because I know how to use the internet. But by their logic how is a scratch made mod of a real life car, say a Lamborghini for example, not stealing the design of the car makers and engineers since their permission was not requested?
If they were contacted by a car manufacturer they would soon remove anything.
RFactor just had a similar thing with Silverstone track.
The likelihood of a car manufacturer doing that to RD is very slim.

You only need to see how F1 franchise is on youtube to see how extreme it can be taken but sim modding seems for the most part to get away with murder. But its only getting away with it, its not that its allowed.
A developer needs a license (paid for) to add a car into a game, so any mod not having a license is going against that.
Whether they will ever spend time going after anyone is moot.
I personally don't get why its such a free for all, I'm glad it is, but yeah amazed they leave it pretty much alone bar few tales of it happening to devs like Reiza famously back in the day.

What is odd is how although the car bods and devs tend to just ignore what's going on, someone making a skin or ripping a car are the ones who act like they are some kind of IP lawyer.

I've said it before and its never popular but the hypocrisy in this 'community' is astounding.

I've said it before and its never popular but the hypocrisy in this 'community' is astounding.
Hypocrisy might be a bit of a strong word for this, but it's feels close to it yeah. At least, since money is involved.

Before sim racing, I've only knew modding as a "volontary free content" : I don't really remember of a single one that wasn't free, even the big boys. "Lost alpha", the complete (!!!) re-creation of the original game of Stalker (twice the lengh), was all free. Any full scale map of Morrowind, totally free. Everywhere I was going, for years and years, it was always the same song : "It's only fair because it's free". Because a mod is, by essence, not legal, so you're not hurting anyone if you don't get any money for it, right ?
And then I discovered modding in sim racing and oh my god you don't care at all for that motto here, do you. Patreon this, patreon that, paying for conversions, paying for a mod of a mod, etc... And the line between good and evil as a moral value and intellectual property become, well, shattered ? So... Is it hypocrisy ? I agree in a way. In another one, I'd say it's simply another culture, another point of view on content creation and video games in general. And greed. Lots of it.

Hypocrisy might be a bit of a strong word for this, but it's feels close to it yeah. At least, since money is involved.

Before sim racing, I've only knew modding as a "volontary free content" : I don't really remember of a single one that wasn't free, even the big boys. "Lost alpha", the complete (!!!) re-creation of the original game of Stalker (twice the lengh), was all free. Any full scale map of Morrowind, totally free. Everywhere I was going, for years and years, it was always the same song : "It's only fair because it's free". Because a mod is, by essence, not legal, so you're not hurting anyone if you don't get any money for it, right ?
And then I discovered modding in sim racing and oh my god you don't care at all for that motto here, do you. Patreon this, patreon that, paying for conversions, paying for a mod of a mod, etc... And the line between good and evil as a moral value and intellectual property become, well, shattered ? So... Is it hypocrisy ? I agree in a way. In another one, I'd say it's simply another culture, another point of view on content creation and video games in general. And greed. Lots of it.
dont look at flight sims if you have problems with paid mods.

dont look at flight sims if you have problems with paid mods.
The problem will always be people taking from other games content, then monetizing it, THEN going all IP lawyer if someone dares to alter the physics or whatever on it.....

Anyway got AI working on Autosport arena. Lighting is a good balance between looking OK and how much it effects performance.
I know that previous things I've posted on this has raised not one like, so to explain to those that don't know, it is real it happens every year at the NEC and it is by far the best thing about the Autosport show.

And if that still doesn't interest you, then what if i said I've been fiddling with the darkness of the floor surface, tried several different shades of grey and think it looks good now and a nice specular from the lights....

The problem will always be people taking from other games content, then monetizing it, THEN going all IP lawyer if someone dares to alter the physics or whatever on it.....

Anyway got AI working on Autosport arena. Lighting is a good balance between looking OK and how much it effects performance.
I know that previous things I've posted on this has raised not one like, so to explain to those that don't know, it is real it happens every year at the NEC and it is by far the best thing about the Autosport show.

And if that still doesn't interest you, then what if i said I've been fiddling with the darkness of the floor surface, tried several different shades of grey and think it looks good now and a nice specular from the lights....

That looks as stupid as it looks fun! I love it!
And I would love it even more if we could Ross Chastain' the whole track...

Will you share your combos (car/track/AI) of dirt oval one day ? Or did I miss something ?

Last edited:

Its always the point at which level it is done. If its ok for a person to do a job 8 hours a day and another 6 hours doing the mod, sleeping and the next day the same. Every day the same procedure. Do this for months and you ask yourself, why i'm doing this? I mean its nice if the people say thank you and it makes you proud, but it kills your life. So the model to pay for a good content is also the way to support the creator, to give them the time to do the mod and pay the bills.
I mean its with everything, like music. If i like something, i support the creator. Its just hard to see the difference between the times of napster and "free" music sharing.
Like i sayd, it depends on which level it is done. Maybe there is also the chance besides big publishers and studios for single persons to get an income with the supporters infrastructures of today.
There is the nice saying "software should be free". If there is no money needed for living and food, it would be right.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, my favorite group of Aussie-based modders has been going nuts putting out Group A-era cars this week -- lots of good-looking stuff, including the Rover SD1, Volvo 240, Fox Body Mustang, and A60 Toyota Supra, which makes me wonder if this could be a good base for a bigger international-scope collection of '80s touring cars for ETCC and DTM grids. (A lot of them are RHD, so they might not be 100% historically accurate for that purpose, but if some skinners get in touch with the group there could be some interesting collaborative possibilities.)

New Releases, all from F302 from Facebook:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUDI A4 STW / BTCC E.Pirro

View attachment 1213855

DOWNLOAD AUDI A4 Quattro Touring Car STW/BTCC

------------------------------------------------------

Gabriele Tarquini 1994 für Alfa Romeo 155 BTCC
View attachment 1213856

DATA For Flame replacement

DOWNLOAD ALFA 155 BTCC

Renault Laguna BTCC

View attachment 1213857

Renault Laguna BTCC
These.are.awesome. Thanks for posting them.

Anybody here with Camtool knowledge that can teach me how to make the camera zoom in/out on a specific camera? And how to make a static camera?

Honestly no judgement, I speak for myself. I'm the creator of a "simple" reshade mod, F1 reality reshade (you may know). I know it's a simple mod, nothing complex, but still I spend hours and hours in editing every shader to perfection, trying different settings and ppfilter, editing them etc. Literally hours. I do that for pleasure, because I like it and share what I like with others, and also don't get credits most of the time and people on YouTube claiming reshade filters made by themselves but actually editing mine, but still, I don't care, cuz I do that because I like. I have another job. Would be fantastic getting money enough to live with Assetto Corsa rather than running IRL with something I berely like. But still, I do this because I like it, and like to share what I like. I do believe that you make an incredible mod that require a lot of knowledge and buying you a coffee I don't mind, as well as I don't mind if someone wants me to buy them a coffe if they make a mod I like. It may be that I am old fashion, but still I mod for pleasure, I mod for free

New Releases, all from F302 from Facebook:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUDI A4 STW / BTCC E.Pirro

View attachment 1213855

DOWNLOAD AUDI A4 Quattro Touring Car STW/BTCC

Gabriele Tarquini 1994 für Alfa Romeo 155 BTCC
View attachment 1213856

DATA For Flame replacement

DOWNLOAD ALFA 155 BTCC

Renault Laguna BTCC

View attachment 1213857

Renault Laguna BTCC
1670357474906.png

Jesus. :grumpy:

Nodes messed up, looks like situation after some 3dsimed edit, need to be replaced

yup , you are absolutely right. i'm still working on it . Currently it's only good for the Showroom :D

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1670357650.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1670357650.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 20
  • __custom_showroom_1670357637.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1670357637.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 18
  • __custom_showroom_1670357614.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1670357614.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 20
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back