Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,122 comments
Talking about GT4 tracks, does Motor Sports Land have a config file or smth ? Looks washed out on my side.

Assetto Corsa 13-03-23 15_18_46.png

Looks like ****

Last edited:
Last edited:
11 out of 50. View attachment 1239094
There's something to be proud about seeing TG's top 50 driving games having our beloved AC one place higher than the latest Gran Turismo title...

We made it bois, I knew this modding community would've made TG recognize how massively popular and in content AC is thx to modding (although I'm disappointed they didn't mention that feature at all and its community by default, perhaps it could've took the next place if they also mentioned that...)

__custom_showroom_1678720035.png

Following @DavidDGA 2005 FIA GT Skinpack, and the C5r privateer skinpack recently released, I realised there were two skins missing from having a complete GT1 Grid (One 550 and one 575). Although these two cars only appeared in 1 round each I thought it'd be a nice edition. I'm just putting the finishing touches on them. They wont be amazing 4k quality but they aren't too shabby.

It would be nice if someone could increase the grid sizes for the tracks used that year. We could run the full grids that way with all the GT2 cars. I would be willing to do all the skins and would appreciate if anyone wanted to help.

Last edited:
11 out of 50. View attachment 1239094
i am a bit disappointed it didn’t made the top10 or even better.
I also have not seen or just missed the Test Drive’s …

However I can’t take such rankings seriously where racing titles (no matter if arcade or sim) are mixed with super Mario stuff.

i am a bit disappointed it didn’t made the top10 or even better.
I also have not seen or just missed the Test Drive’s …

However I can’t take such rankings seriously where racing titles (no matter if arcade or sim) are mixed with super Mario stuff.
Even if this was a respected gaming/sim site and not Top Gear, it's only some journalist's lazy amateur opinion when he has a copy deadline to meet.
Rankings like this are completely meaningless. It's your own opinion that matters.
edit: sorry - didn't mean that to sound quite so pompous :lol:

Last edited:
FH4 in 5th, what on earth is wrong with them
I've not looked at it because who cares anyway, but I'd assume its based on the most popular format which is consoles, and thus AC the base game, which on console I'm surprised it reached that high, its utter hot garbage on console and FH4 roundly beats it especially as most people use a controller.

Obviously we know it for the mods and the PC version. And obviously it our number 1 'sim'.
Just my 2 pence worth.

Pretty good list with games that had cultural impact. I'd have chucked a few in favor of:
  • Virtua Racing! Pretty much a crime not to have that on the list, imo.
  • one of the Trackmania games to represent the franchise
  • American Truck Simulator or Euro Truck Simulator 2. For me, the epitome of not racing but driving games.
  • either GTA 2 or GTA 3
  • Megarace 2, with that weird "the level is a prerendered video" tech

Can always squabble about details with lists like this though. I'd say over all, it's pretty good!

Last edited:
I really shouldn't give this anymore traction, but to did have a look at the link and its taking every game ever made of every genre, so even more meaningless but its clearly a bit of fun to fill a page or two of a mag and giving readers a chance to reminisce about older games.

Certainly not worth worrying yourself about. AC IMO is far to high on there unless its based on the PC platform with mods applied.
Which it won't be.
Also i didn't spot Project Gotham games, which certainly should be on there in the top 10 imo.

think this also should of been featured, no PGR without MSR.

one of the best game soundtracks ever too!

51SJN0NV1NL._AC_.jpg
Agreed. That opens up a whole other discussion about how great the Dreamcast was of its time IMO.
Dreamcast had and still has the most through Le Mans experience IMO. Lets face there will never be another game simply based on just Le Mans.
I remember being blown away when I saw the air stream vortexes coming off the cars rear wing, never seen it since either.
I had a Dreamcast and I loved it, it even had the first console foray into online gaming (i may be totally wrong on that) , but it was horrendously clunky.

Last edited:
View attachment 1239101

Following @DavidDGA 2005 FIA GT Skinpack, and the C5r privateer skinpack recently released, I realised there were two skins missing from having a complete GT1 Grid (One 550 and one 575). Although these two cars only appeared in 1 round each I thought it'd be a nice edition. I'm just putting the finishing touches on them. They wont be amazing 4k quality but they aren't too shabby.

It would be nice if someone could increase the grid sizes for the tracks used that year. We could run the full grids that way with all the GT2 cars. I would be willing to do all the skins and would appreciate if anyone wanted to help.
They look really good! Every addition is well received.

About the GT2, i wanted to make them too. When I started researching about them I saw that only a few GT2 cars ran most of the races, and there were too many teams that ran at only one race. So the skinpack can have between 10 or 63 cars (not really) for full realism. I have some projects before and also uni is consuming all of my time, but I hope this pack will be done in the future.

I really shouldn't give this anymore traction, but to did have a look at the link and its taking every game ever made of every genre, so even more meaningless but its clearly a bit of fun to fill a page or two of a mag and giving readers a chance to reminisce about older games.

Certainly not worth worrying yourself about. AC IMO is far to high on there unless its based on the PC platform with mods applied.
Which it won't be.
Also i didn't spot Project Gotham games, which certainly should be on there in the top 10 imo.
Project Gotham was there. I think I played the first or second back in the day (amazing) but I saw the third one, they got that right! Felt like they missed one of NFSUG/UG2/MW though, considering how many loved those games

Spa Vintage Track Updates:

These are my updates to all three versions of the Spa Vintage tracks. They are all full stand alone tracks because it was suggested that I do it this way instead of config\track skin mods.

All versions now have a vao patch, animated flags, working clock tower and new grass and tree textures. They also have two additional track skins that get a progressively bluer tint and less saturation. The skins also have only the files I altered from the original so you can edit them to make a skin that fits your liking. There are also new ext_configs for each track that add seasonal changes, some shader adjustments and a few other things.

Explanation about each one so you know which one to download. They each represent a specific version of the track:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938

-- Based on the Spa_Faux_Pre_War version. All credits for the track go to Legion.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus removal of floating flag poles that had no flags and scaling of flag poles that were floating off the ground. Plus I added collision physics to most of the haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1966:

Spa Francorchamps 1966

-- Based on the Spa_1966 version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus collision physics to most haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. Also included the Spa 1966 AI done by Parri. The original AI is still included in the ai_original and data_original folders. Just rename them to ai and data to revert back to the original AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1934 & 1966:

Spa Francorchamps 1934 & 66

-- Based on the Spa_THR version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team and Waffles for the THR updates.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus a new AI line for the 1934 layout done by me. The original AI was unusable. It was my first attempt at an AI line so don't expect perfection. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Please point out any and all mistakes. I'm sure there are a few. Was kind of hard managing three versions of the same track. I was never sure if I made the same changes on all three tracks.

View attachment 1216445
All three track links have been updated to version 1.2. The only people who may want to try these updates are people who care about seasonal changes. Nothing else about the tracks has changed. It is probably best to backup and\or delete your existing versions.

-- Added integrated seasonal texture changes so that the trees will be semi leafless in the spring and fall and bare in the winter. Plus the grass will change tones slightly as well. Some testers have reported that the bare trees can create a pretty bad grid effect, but I have never seen it so I can't say how things will look on your system.

vintage_spa.jpg

All three track links have been updated to version 1.2. The only people who may want to try these updates are people who care about seasonal changes. Nothing else about the tracks has changed. It is probably best to backup and\or delete your existing versions.

-- Added integrated seasonal texture changes so that the trees will be semi leafless in the spring and fall and bare in the winter. Plus the grass will change tones slightly as well. Some testers have reported that the bare trees can create a pretty bad grid effect, but I have never seen it so I can't say how things will look on your system.

View attachment 1239213
I'm interested about this project!

View attachment 1239213

Thank you sir, looking forward to checking this out !

Last edited:
Hi I would love to get these two skins but your Video/ file link seems to be missing some letters or numbers! OH! And thank you for your great hard work! Cheers Kiff!
Thanks bro... Have you gotten the Marlboro liveries since your post-date? If not just go back to the download-post and download the text-file instead, which has all links. As mentioned on that post, found out later that links on YT are not clickable, and are also truncated - so in effect - not able to copy and paste, unless I give them my mobile-number to authenticate - which is never going to happen.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back