Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,211 comments
Grindelwald is a great track but for some reason it is a collection of "ways how to do the pit lane wrong":
First there is a fast lane that is saved as a pit lane, second there is a pit lane that runs over the whole track, third it goes trough the walls and fourth, the most elegant variant, there is simply none. 🧐 🙄 :D Don't take this too seriously but that was strange enough to tell you.

Simply take this please:

EDIT: Some fast lanes also have to have some work. Will maybe do this later.
Please let the modder know over at RD so he can fix it at source for the next update. He seems to be open to any constructive comments.

Already done Masscot ;-) And he answered me. He had issues with pitting cars after the first lap.

I've added a new fast lane for the Long layout. The cars had problems at the start.

Track is ready for night races btw.

20230502215927_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello could someone tell me, what is lost when deactivating ExtraFx in CM? I ask, because I disabled it, and my fps doubled.. Does it make sense to use this function?
For me Extra.Fx is the "cherry on the cake"

Here you can see what is inside:

If you have SSLR active i suggest you to turn on "Exterior only" for example. This is a Expensive one.

FULLNAME=Extra FX
PREVIEW=https://acstuff.ru/images/modules/extra_fx.jpg
DESCRIPTION=Adds an option for secondary rendering pass allowing to use more visual effects. For now, only works for single screen without VR, with post-processing enabled. Also, doesn’t work if AC’s motion blur is enabled.
SHORT_DESCRIPTION=More post-processing
; URL=https://trello.com/c/CfuT5QqM/28-particles-fx

[BASIC]
; Extension
ENABLED=1 ; Active (set to 0 to disable Extra FX); 1 or 0
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0 ; Disable everything for interior cameras; 1 or 0

; [DEPTH_REDUCTION]
; ; Analyze depth to improve shadow mapping and other effects
; ENABLED=1 ; Active; 1 or 0
; READBACK_DELAY=3 ; GPU-to-CPU delay (required to improve performance); from 0 frame(s) to 5, round to 1

[MOTION_BLUR]
; Motion blur
ENABLED=1 ; Active; 1 or 0
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0 ; Disable for interior cameras; 1 or 0
MULT=1 ; Amount of blur; from 0 to 1, perc.
QUALITY_2=2 ; Quality; 0 for Low, 1 for Medium, 2 for High
JITTER_MULT=1 ; Noise (helps to reduce banding); from 0.5 to 1, perc.

[TAA]
; Temporal anti-aliasing
SAMPLE_SPREAD_MULT=1 ; Sample spread; from 0 to 1, perc.
HISTORY_SHARPEN=0.3 ; Sharpen temporal data (applies slight sharpening to previous frame before mixing it with current one); from 0 to 0.5, perc.
EXTRA_SHARPEN_PASS=0 ; Extra sharpness; from 0 to 1, perc.
BLUR_NEW=0.5 ; Blur new pixels (blur intensity for pixels which don’t have TAA information ready for them); from 0 to 1, perc.
BEFORE_MOTION_BLUR=1 ;; hidden
__HINT_BOTTOM=For the best look, disable extra sharpness and then enable FidelityFX by AMD in Graphics Adjustments section. ;; hidden

[SSLR]
; Local reflections (SSLR)
EXTERIOR_ONLY=1 ; Disable for interior cameras; 1 or 0
TRACING_QUALITY2=2 ; Quality; 1 for Low, 2 for Medium, 3 for High
EXTRA_SPECULARS=1 ; Long speculars for wet tracks; 1 or 0
SCALE=1 ; Resolution; from 0.1 to 1, perc.
USE_TAA=0 ; Use TAA data to improve quality (at the moment, noisy in some places); hidden

[ASSAO]
; Ambient occlusion (ASSAO by Intel)
ENABLED=0 ; Active; 1 or 0; not available with SSAO/ENABLED or HBAO/ENABLED
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0 ; Disable for interior cameras (for open wheelers); 1 or 0
OPACITY=0.8 ; Opacity; from 0 to 1, perc.
QUALITY=2 ; Quality; -1 for Lowest, 0 for Low, 1 for Medium, 2 for High, 3 for Very high (adaptive)
RADIUS=1 ;; hidden
EXP=0.8 ;; hidden
CLAMP=0.98 ;; hidden
MULT=1 ;; hidden
HORIZON_ANGLE_THRESHOLD=0.06 ;; hidden
SHARPNESS=0.98 ;; hidden
DETAIL_SHADOW=0.5 ;; hidden
QUALITY_ADAPTIVE_LIMIT=0.45 ;; hidden
FADE_FROM=150 ;; hidden
FADE_TO=400 ;; hidden

[HBAO]
; Ambient occlusion (HBAO+ by NVIDIA)
ENABLED=1 ; Active; 1 or 0; not available with SSAO/ENABLED or ASSAO/ENABLED
USE_NORMAL_BUFFER=1 ;; hidden
RADIUS=1.2 ;; hidden
EXP=1.6 ;; hidden
BIAS=0.2 ;; hidden
SHARPNESS=16 ;; hidden
SCALE_SMALL=1 ;; hidden
SCALE_LARGE=1 ;; hidden
DEPTH_FOREGROUND=4 ;; hidden
DEPTH_BACKGROUND=10 ;; hidden
DEPTH_MAX=2500.0 ;; hidden
DEPTH_SHARPNESS=2 ;; hidden

[SSAO]
; Ambient occlusion (old and not very good)
ENABLED=0 ; Active; 1 or 0; not available with ASSAO/ENABLED or HBAO/ENABLED
RADIUS=1.0 ;; hidden
EXP=1.0 ;; hidden
SCALE=0.5 ; Resolution; from 0.1 to 1, perc.
BLUR_SCALE=0.5 ; Blur resolution; from 0.1 to 1, perc.

[SS_LIGHTING]
; Extra space-screen lighting (e.g. sparks)
SCALE=1 ; Resolution; from 0.1 to 1, perc.

[LIGHT_BOUNCE]
; Simple light bounce emulation for supported tracks (requires space-screen lighting)
ENABLED=1 ; Active; 1 or 0; only with SS_LIGHTING/ENABLED

[SSGI]
; Simple light bounce (SSGI)
SCALE=0.5 ; Resolution; from 0.1 to 1, perc.
INTENSITY=1 ; Brightness; from 0 to 2, perc.

[VOLUMETRIC_LIGHTS]
; Volumetric headlights
SCALE=0.2 ; Resolution; from 0.08 to 0.32, perc.
INTENSITY_MULT=1.5 ; Luminocity; from 0 to 2, perc.

[FOG_BLUR]
; Fog blur
HEATING=1 ; Include heat distortion; 1 or 0
EXTERIOR_ONLY=1 ; Disable for interior cameras; 1 or 0
; DISTANT_BLUR=1 ; Add a bit of distant blur; 1 or 0
DISTANCE_MULT=2.18 ; Distance multiplier (distance multiplier for distant b
lur); from 0.5 to 2.5, perc.

Hi guys! I've posted a huge mod that fixed SimDream F1 2021 mod! Enjoy it!

View attachment 1081890
View attachment 1081891
View attachment 1081892
Is there any working links? UPDATE never mind I found your other link thank you!

Last edited:
Guys, hello.
Any advise about propper LMHD car? Porsche, Ferrary etc... all to be in good conditions as RSS cars. Is it available somewhere?
There is non, the only good Hypercars are from URD (Toyota & Glickenhaus), all other are done by Sim Dream and arent near of the quality of RSS. What i know we getting LMDh at least from URD (Porsche etc.) and maybe from RSS & VRC later this year. But at the moment there no good & quality LMDh!

Hi, I need your help for the identification of a sticker on the Larbre 964 RSR #52 from 1994 Le Mans 24H race.
1683097741206.png

1683097867198.png

1683097969098.png

The End says "LE MANS" but what is the first word? I read "manou LE MANS". There is a restaurant called "chez manou" at Le Mans, but I am not sure if I am right.
Thanx for your help guys.

SOLVED: found it:
https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de...s-portes-effd0de7-49c9-3885-997c-dd6f0fd3929c

Just about finished...
View attachment 1253063
I'll post for download for all the IMSA enthusiasts as soon as I'm satisfied with it.
It looks beautiful Kurt. Nice job

Last edited:
Hi, I need your help for the identification of a sticker on the Larbre 964 RSR #52 from 1994 Le Mans 24H race.
View attachment 1253114
View attachment 1253115
View attachment 1253116
The End says "LE MANS" but what is the first word? I read "manou LE MANS". There is a restaurant called "chez manou" at Le Mans, but I am not sure if I am right.
Thanx for your help guys.

SOLVED: found it:
https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de...s-portes-effd0de7-49c9-3885-997c-dd6f0fd3929c
Screenshot 2023-05-03 151939.jpg
seems like Manou die cast shop
download.jpeg
LM-2013-Manou.jpg

There is non, the only good Hypercars are from URD (Toyota & Glickenhaus), all other are done by Sim Dream and arent near of the quality of RSS. What i know we getting LMDh at least from URD (Porsche etc.) and maybe from RSS & VRC later this year. But at the moment there no good & quality LMDh!
Thank you veru much. Will try the Toyota then. personally crazy about how porsche looks like , front end is pretty

Last edited:
Algar Hillclimb Spain - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-hungary-slovenia-serbia

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• Algar Hillclimb Spain.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
we use 3dsmax. Reducing high poly model is pain and usually will lead to loosing of quality/shapes.
what porsche are you talking about? i have not tired any lmh yet
the sim dream lmdh cars.

the ferrari and the porsche.. they are so badly optimized.. ruines every fps.. i just use them as grid fillers because the physics are trash...

you could still give it a go.. i bet they have something under the car that has like 400k triangles..

Hi, yesterday I came across with this mod on the internet. It's The Dallara GP3/16. But it has a lot of problems with the textures. Can someone please improve it please? View attachment 1228753
Didnt know there was a mod for this car. It doesnt feel bad while driving (i think that is converted from rf2) but yeah, the textures mostly at the engine cover, mirror and the sidepods need a little rework to look more like the real thing. But well, at least there is a mod for this car with the real skins so happy with it :D (and the car in a front view looks good)
gp3-monza-2015-dallara-gp3-16-unveiling.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2023-05-03 113727.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2023-05-03 124332.jpg

Last edited:
we use 3dsmax. Reducing high poly model is pain and usually will lead to loosing of quality/shapes.
you could still give it a go.. i bet they have something under the car that has like 400k triangles..
With Blender if the model is correctly made, it's not that hard. But it does requires patience, I would say. Just by decimating geometry zone by zone, object after object, you can usually divise by 2 the number of polys of the whole model, focusing only on the visible faces. Yep, your model wont look like a picture-perfect grid after that, but who cares, it's optimized.

Right now I'm still working on the model for Lorelord, it's basically the opposite (A very badly shaped low poly model to redo basically from scratch) So not really the time for it but when I'll have some I would be all for trying to optimized too-many-polys models ^^

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back