- 2,431

- Sherbrooke, Québec, Tabarnak!
There is a PURE update, 180a on PatreonYep same here... it's unplayable
There is a PURE update, 180a on PatreonYep same here... it's unplayable
yep but it only solves the sol planner problem I guessThere is a PURE update, 180a on Patreon
There is a PURE update, 180a on Patreon
Yup my issues started after I updated both CM and Pure, running the latest everything:yep but it only solves the sol planner problem I guess
update v2.0Something different today because I like those vintage Formula 1 stuff...
GRAND PRIX 1973 AI AND REAL NAME PATCH
This patches the slow AI cars in races for the F1 1973 mod by SimDream. If you have black tires deactivate the TyresFX in Content Manager.
There are real skins for the mod available: https://mega.nz/file/SrhEVQ5T#UKXmbFBO70Amu9YqBpKJUG4LwTSePiI9aTnLTCVf4f0
![]()
Grand Prix 1973 (SimDream) AI fix + real names v2.2 by Rainmaker
MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.www.mediafire.com
View attachment 1249173
In my case CM taking ages to load a car in the CM showroom was tracked to camera settings within the CM showroom, resetting, then ticking and unticking the load CM showroom with camera preset button and then clicking on random things in the showroom seems to fix it within that specific CM session. But it needs doing every time you open CM and the first time I open the CM showroom it takes half a minute or more, I've not updated or changed any settings either, just randomly started being slow a few weeks back.Anyone else having troubles with CM as of late ? It's buggy since last week or so. Takes a minute to load the car in CM, loading data for CSP when launching a track takes ages, etc etc.
The good news is almost everything is salvageable. The bad news is that the more you learn and the deeper you dig, the more you'll realise just how crap the vast majority of car mods are. 'Fixing' these mods also comes down entirely to personal standards, I've now done well over a thousand within my AC, but I use the bonnet camera so interiors get a very quick brush up and nothing else and I don't see the point in rainfx so don't bother adding wipers. These are two things that would be deal breakers to a lot of AC players. I'm also adjusting all shader/texture values to what looks good in my chosen CSP/TV/PP Filter which will not be the best settings for everyone etc. It's not just visual settings either, controller/wheel type, FFB settings, VR or screen all play a role in how a mod is and whether physics work for one person or not. Consequently there is no good/bad car mod list as it varies so much between player requirements.I've been spending the last week or so going through my rebuilt collection of mods, and while I can recognize enough to separate the quality gems (the usual VRC/RSS/IER paid offerings and a handful of other stuff from RaceDepartment) from the straight-to-recycling eyesores (half-finished rFactor/GTR2 rips of mods that looked old 10 years ago, complete with MSPaint-quality drawn-on panel lines), I have some questions about the gray-area stuff -- the mods floating around that I can tell seem unfinished or inaccurate, but can't quite tell how unfinished or inaccurate they might actually be without a lot more wheel time and experience. So I have a couple questions:
-While I'm making some personal notes in a spreadsheet as to which mods seem good and which ones have obvious flaws that need correction, I'm wondering what resources or communities would be best when I need help figuring out how I (or a collective effort) could improve mediocre-yet-salvageable mods. (Including GTPlanet, of course, and y'all might be helpful for some of the things I'll need in the near future anyways.) The whole ACTK controversy has me kind of nervous because people seem sensitive about their work being hijacked and messed with. But it seems like at least half the car mods I've downloaded could be noticeably improved to at least 90%-Kunos quality or better with just a few QoL tweaks to physics, adjusted shaders, added wipers, and other details that seem like a moderately experienced modder could take care of in a reasonable amount of time. If I post a few examples or requests, would anybody with some knowledge and experience be able to steer me in the right direction as to what problems to look for and how to fix them, or even tweak some of those problems themselves (if it's not too much trouble)?
-Are there any good resources for car mod reviews anywhere? I'm sure there are some AC specialists on YouTube or elsewhere that might have a better handle on what makes a good/bad mod than I do, though I'm guessing most of them tend to stick to the aforementioned quality pay mods and ignore anything more obscure. The catch is, I'm also still inexperienced in """real""" """hardcore""" sims and a bit confused as to what constitutes "realism" in AC as opposed to more recent titles. I used to think AC was the standard, and now people are talking about how much more realistic ACC and AMS2 are, which worries me because I can't drive a clean lap in those games to save my life, whereas most Kunos cars in AC seem a lot easier for me to get accustomed to unless I try messing with some of the more old-school high-powered pre-1980s machines. Above all else I'd like to have fun throwing around anything from the latest TCR Touring Cars to some old-school '60s sports cars, but I'd also like to drive them with the knowledge that they're at least behaving more or less like they're supposed to in the parameters of what the physics engine can do, and aside from my vague Forza-honed notions of how different classes and styles of cars should feel I have the suspicion I might be missing some of the more detailed nuances.
well put . first started uploading things and people just threw stuff at me . like massive open world roads they want 1to1 quailty and within a couple of months . so i stopped . decide just do it for my self first .if it works well enough cool , others can use it , but this is a hobbie , no more than that . its supposed to be funIn my case CM taking ages to load a car in the CM showroom was tracked to camera settings within the CM showroom, resetting, then ticking and unticking the load CM showroom with camera preset button and then clicking on random things in the showroom seems to fix it within that specific CM session. But it needs doing every time you open CM and the first time I open the CM showroom it takes half a minute or more, I've not updated or changed any settings either, just randomly started being slow a few weeks back.
The good news is almost everything is salvageable. The bad news is that the more you learn and the deeper you dig, the more you'll realise just how crap the vast majority of car mods are. 'Fixing' these mods also comes down entirely to personal standards, I've now done well over a thousand within my AC, but I use the bonnet camera so interiors get a very quick brush up and nothing else and I don't see the point in rainfx so don't bother adding wipers. These are two things that would be deal breakers to a lot of AC players. I'm also adjusting all shader/texture values to what looks good in my chosen CSP/TV/PP Filter which will not be the best settings for everyone etc. It's not just visual settings either, controller/wheel type, FFB settings, VR or screen all play a role in how a mod is and whether physics work for one person or not. Consequently there is no good/bad car mod list as it varies so much between player requirements.
Look at the BMW M1 Procar as the ultimate example, this car has received about 50 updates or something daft from all areas of the community, it must be one of the most worked on cars in AC yet despite that, the model remains far larger than the real car should be and as such, I'm still using an old version that I edited ages ago that is the correct size but lacks all the bells and whistles that I'm not really interested in.
My advice is find out what's important to you in as narrow a band as possible and learn how to fix it yourself and then just do it. If you want to bring mods 90% to Kunos standard then it's a huge task, many hours of work per car and in a lot of cases, faster to just convert the model from scratch.
Solved all of mine, including the PP filter reset!! 🤙yep but it only solves the sol planner problem I guess
It's a proprietary track created for the use of the drivers by the Chevrolet Grand Prix of Detroit due to the street course having never existed before. It doesn't exist in the public yet.
Probably the csp discord, tho there is a pretty high level of elitism presentI'm wondering what resources or communities would be best when I need help figuring out how I (or a collective effort) could improve mediocre-yet-salvageable mods.
Noticing problems in physics really requires an understanding of how the physics in ac works (and also vehicle dynamics as a whole), and recognizing values that are unlikely to be accurate. for instance in tyres.ini if there was a COMBINED_FACTOR = 10, it's probably not a very accurate model ( i think some of legion's physics have some incredibly high values)If I post a few examples or requests, would anybody with some knowledge and experience be able to steer me in the right direction as to what problems to look for and how to fix them, or even tweak some of those problems themselves (if it's not too much trouble)?
which is funny because 99% of actk "fixes" are basic things the moder was too lazy to do. At the end of the day as long as you're not putting out statements like "realistic physics" or "adding realistic visuals" when you're making these edits (which is what a lot of people seem to do) who cares really.The whole ACTK controversy has me kind of nervous because people seem sensitive about their work being hijacked and messed with.
Not really, because "good" is a highly subjective term. If you look for accurate physics, you could probably count the number of "good" cars on a single hand (especially for racecars, there are only like 3). At the end of the day if the car is enjoyable for your use case whether it be grid filler or cruising on srp, who gives a crapAre there any good resources for car mod reviews anywhere?
It depends which version of AC you look at, because ac has regular phys and extended phys with csp (cphys). ACC is basically ac 2.0 (i think they even use the same data structure) so maybe slightly better than base AC. AMS2 is pretty comparable to ac on a lot of fronts, though kunos does use pretty inaccurate suspension geometries for practically all their carsI used to think AC was the standard, and now people are talking about how much more realistic ACC and AMS2 are
Which is something you shouldn't chase. Even the likes of vrc/urd/rss have flaws in their physics accuracies (but rss being better than the others, hell some of VRC's cars are outright inaccurate) so there's no use trying to chase utmost realism, because like I mentioned for racecars there are only like 3-4 public racecars out there and most modern racecars like gt3,lmp,f1 and so on have very classified data that is not readily available. If you're enjoying driving a car that should be thatI have the suspicion I might be missing some of the more detailed nuances.
Helloupdate v2.0
- fixed cars going to the pits after lap one in CSP v180-preview218
![]()
Grand Prix 1973 (SimDream) AI fix + real names v2.2 by Rainmaker
MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.www.mediafire.com
There is only one extension file for Neil Shaw's track (pukekohe_park): it's the New AI by Rainmaker.Message to @Breathe:
I think there's a little mess in your amazing list about the Pukekohe Park versions... Seem that the add-on billboard skin that is at the end of the 1338 line (and I suspect other adds of the list too, but not sure) isn't compatible with the Neil Shaw version (folder named pukekohe_park), but possibly yes with the versions named pukekohe_park2013...
Or that, or I'm still a clumsy, as always... Could it be reviewed? Thanks in advance... 🙂
I could swear I saw last night the pukekohe_park2013's extensions along the line of pukekohe_park...... Or maybe I didn't understand your request...
I simply put in the Kunos ai file from the Lotus 72d. To make the new patch v2, I needed to rebuild the data files with the new build and then it worked again.Hello
Can you please tell me, what you have changed in the data-dir to fix that problem (which happens to a lot of cars). I dont have any of the cars you have fixed, so I cant check the changes. Thank you so much.
BTW: In the meantime I have changed the tyre-selection for the pitting AI-cars to the fastest one (in most cases: Semislicks). That helps sometimes.
Where´s your contentmanager.exe located? Maybe it helps if you put it directly into AC directory and fire it up from there. So far I don´t have any issues with CM, with +1800 cars and +200 tracks. And I use the same CSP, Pure and CM versions you use. Or something is wrong with your tracks folder or you should consider to use the compression tool provided in CM.Yup my issues started after I updated both CM and Pure, running the latest everything:
CM v0.8.2561
CSP v0.1.80 preview 218
Pure v0.180a
Stays stuck on “loading track entries” long enough for me to do the dishes and come back.
Does anyone know if a solution to this was ever discovered?is it normal that you can hear track ambient sounds only with F7 camera and not with F5 or chase cams?
Thanks a lot @Peter Boese , I can see now Pure 0.180a on your Patreon 👍I updated Sol and Pure right now. Please use this new versions then...
Yeah the CM update put itself in a new folder in my downloads folder but after a full power cycle and another round of compression (I find a good idea to do every once in a while, especially after getting new tracks or cars with large files) and it’s loading sessions like normal again, thanks though!Where´s your contentmanager.exe located? Maybe it helps if you put it directly into AC directory and fire it up from there. So far I don´t have any issues with CM, with +1800 cars and +200 tracks. And I use the same CSP, Pure and CM versions you use. Or something is wrong with your tracks folder or you should consider to use the compression tool provided in CM.
I'm interested in too!Hi guys, is the tvr400r available for ac? I am looking to complete a 2003/2004 FIA GT grid
personally i haven't seen it yet in ACHi guys, is the tvr400r available for ac? I am looking to complete a 2003/2004 FIA GT grid
You might have a similar problem to what I had. Assuming you haven’t changed anything in the car try reverting to CSP 1.79 (try re-installing the car also). If you still wanna use a more recent/preview CSP see if there’s any files in the car folder that have been updated (for me it was ext_config.ini that was causing problems) and make that file “Read Only”.View attachment 1263016
Hey yall, I suddenly started to have problems with any cars that has encryption of any type, an error pops-up that it failed to decrypt and idk why. I reinstalled CSP and reverted Content Manager to a non-testing version, and it keeps happening. Does anyone know a solution?
Oh I’m not subscribed to Ilja’s patreon, so I am already on the latest public version. I also tried some other encrypted cars too, the majority failed to decrypt and only a few cars are decrypted properly. (I also reinstalled one encrypted car and it also failed to decrypt, these cars also released prior to 1.79 and it had worked prior)You might have a similar problem to what I had. Assuming you haven’t changed anything in the car try reverting to CSP 1.79 (try re-installing the car also). If you still wanna use a more recent/preview CSP see if there’s any files in the car folder that have been updated (for me it was ext_config.ini that was causing problems) and make that file “Read Only”.
Yeah I wouldn't mind having a decent alms M3 GTR on top of that.Hi guys, is the tvr400r available for ac? I am looking to complete a 2003/2004 FIA GT grid
Almost definitely a CSP issue but also check that the launcher is still the steam launcher in CM as I think I remember that caused issues with CSP if it was something different.Oh I’m not subscribed to Ilja’s patreon, so I am already on the latest public version. I also tried some other encrypted cars too, the majority failed to decrypt and only a few cars are decrypted properly. (I also reinstalled one encrypted car and it also failed to decrypt, these cars also released prior to 1.79 and it had worked prior)
Is this some sort of software issue with Windows or it’s CM and CSP or my AC installation? I even nuked my Windows just to be sure.
recently CM update his data base, maybe that is the problemOh I’m not subscribed to Ilja’s patreon, so I am already on the latest public version. I also tried some other encrypted cars too, the majority failed to decrypt and only a few cars are decrypted properly. (I also reinstalled one encrypted car and it also failed to decrypt, these cars also released prior to 1.79 and it had worked prior)
Is this some sort of software issue with Windows or it’s CM and CSP or my AC installation? I even nuked my Windows just to be sure.