Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,963 comments
Where´s your contentmanager.exe located? Maybe it helps if you put it directly into AC directory and fire it up from there. So far I don´t have any issues with CM, with +1800 cars and +200 tracks. And I use the same CSP, Pure and CM versions you use. Or something is wrong with your tracks folder or you should consider to use the compression tool provided in CM.
Yeah the CM update put itself in a new folder in my downloads folder but after a full power cycle and another round of compression (I find a good idea to do every once in a while, especially after getting new tracks or cars with large files) and it’s loading sessions like normal again, thanks though!

CM as a whole still takes a minute to load but I’m sure that’s more to do with the 2,000+ cars and 500+ tracks I have for some reason… think it’s about time for a purge.

Hi guys, is the tvr400r available for ac? I am looking to complete a 2003/2004 FIA GT grid

Attachments

• 1686145931768.png
    1686145931768.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi guys, i have good news, today i finished my first skin, it is for the Dodge Challenger SRT8 LM, since it had no racing livery,
it is indeed my fist skin, so every advice is welcome.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
1686149292340.png

Hey yall, I suddenly started to have problems with any cars that has encryption of any type, an error pops-up that it failed to decrypt and idk why. I reinstalled CSP and reverted Content Manager to a non-testing version, and it keeps happening. Does anyone know a solution?

View attachment 1263016
Hey yall, I suddenly started to have problems with any cars that has encryption of any type, an error pops-up that it failed to decrypt and idk why. I reinstalled CSP and reverted Content Manager to a non-testing version, and it keeps happening. Does anyone know a solution?
You might have a similar problem to what I had. Assuming you haven’t changed anything in the car try reverting to CSP 1.79 (try re-installing the car also). If you still wanna use a more recent/preview CSP see if there’s any files in the car folder that have been updated (for me it was ext_config.ini that was causing problems) and make that file “Read Only”.

You might have a similar problem to what I had. Assuming you haven’t changed anything in the car try reverting to CSP 1.79 (try re-installing the car also). If you still wanna use a more recent/preview CSP see if there’s any files in the car folder that have been updated (for me it was ext_config.ini that was causing problems) and make that file “Read Only”.
Oh I’m not subscribed to Ilja’s patreon, so I am already on the latest public version. I also tried some other encrypted cars too, the majority failed to decrypt and only a few cars are decrypted properly. (I also reinstalled one encrypted car and it also failed to decrypt, these cars also released prior to 1.79 and it had worked prior)

Is this some sort of software issue with Windows or it’s CM and CSP or my AC installation? I even nuked my Windows just to be sure.

Last edited:
Oh I’m not subscribed to Ilja’s patreon, so I am already on the latest public version. I also tried some other encrypted cars too, the majority failed to decrypt and only a few cars are decrypted properly. (I also reinstalled one encrypted car and it also failed to decrypt, these cars also released prior to 1.79 and it had worked prior)

Is this some sort of software issue with Windows or it’s CM and CSP or my AC installation? I even nuked my Windows just to be sure.
Almost definitely a CSP issue but also check that the launcher is still the steam launcher in CM as I think I remember that caused issues with CSP if it was something different.

recently CM update his data base, maybe that is the problem

Dessauer Rennstrecke Germany - skin and rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dessauer-rennstrecke.17204/

My try to fix it a bit can be found here: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...n-and-rain-and-grass-and-vao-and-so-on.61225/

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone! i come to you with a small (albeit very irritating) issue. Ever since switching over to the new ui, car names do not load from their JSON files, but rather take the name of the car map itself. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this, as there's nothing in the Gui.ini that would suggest that anything could be wrong. Have any of you had the same issue? If so, how did you fix it? Or is it simply down to the new Ui itself?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2023-06-07 223348.png
    Schermafbeelding 2023-06-07 223348.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 8
  • afbeelding_2023-06-07_232632231.png
    afbeelding_2023-06-07_232632231.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 1263016
Try disabling "Use Extended Physics (experimental)) in the drive menu of content manager.

Hi everyone! i come to you with a small (albeit very irritating) issue. Ever since switching over to the new ui, car names do not load from their JSON files, but rather take the name of the car map itself. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this, as there's nothing in the Gui.ini that would suggest that anything could be wrong. Have any of you had the same issue? If so, how did you fix it? Or is it simply down to the new Ui itself?
My ui doesnt look like this and i'm on the latest preview csp version and have new ui enabled. How did you get this?

Hi guys, is the tvr400r available for ac? I am looking to complete a 2003/2004 FIA GT grid
I haven't seen it either and I've been waiting for that mod for a long time, it's a car with a spectacular body. Unfortunately the car is not very popular and maybe that is the reason why there is no mod yet. (damn Bugatti, Lamborghini and Ferrari)

I haven't seen it either and I've been waiting for that mod for a long time, it's a car with a spectacular body. Unfortunately the car is not very popular and maybe that is the reason why there is no mod yet. (damn Bugatti, Lamborghini and Ferrari)
Thanks to everyone who replied to me. A while ago I thought about converting it from gtr2 but as far as I could see it's quite a laborious job (due to the way gtr2 works) and unfortunately I don't have that much time to do it :(

Thanks to everyone who replied to me. A while ago I thought about converting it from gtr2 but as far as I could see it's quite a laborious job (due to the way gtr2 works) and unfortunately I don't have that much time to do it :(
@Fullnoise mentioned he was working on a TVR T400r a while ago, You can probably ask him about it.

Last edited:
does anyone know of a car that is from a similar vintage and is a close match speed wise for the 996 GT3 cup car?

Reworked Impreza Sedan rally concept with +- true rally physics, 4K skins etc..inspired by Dirt 2.0 and Michel Vaillante series

• 4K Subaru skin + 4K Michel vaillante Skin
  • Movable Rear wing, Front extra fog light, co-driver. You can find tab "VISUAL" in car setup while on the track to ON or OFF ll these three features
  • Verdes garage Impreza rally car physics was used with their Permission only, of course it's some slight changes to fit this actual car. Physics suits it very well, with a wide setup range for different surfaces and driving style. Really enjoyable. ~340 hp and ~1370 kg.
  • Some small changes to the model.
  • a few 3d issues left from the original 3d model because it was a mess of objects after opening the original fbx. But overall it's fine.
  • Original car model source - RW
Screenshot_r4_subaru_impreza_2016_glava-zete_4-5-123-23-42-8.jpg

__custom_showroom_1685894782.jpg
Screenshot_gtsupreme_r4_subaru_impreza_2016_ss_cabanette_free_version_1.1_5-5-123-23-54-44.jpg

The only model I know of is the GTR2 one. Mine is not finished and the GTR2 model is not really made for AC especially the interior which often half open sides to objects, so it is a lot of work to make it half decent. Mine is focused on the 2006 LMS car
Stofflewaffle has done one as shown above with the GTR2 FIAGT skins but it is what it is and is fine if you accept that GTR2 models have their flaws.

What is your definition of decent?
We have taken the best GTR2 mod and converted it to AC. It has working animations, solid physics and all the ALMS BMW Motorsport and PTG skins from 2001.
Really? I'd be interested to see it.

Last edited:
24H
is there any new WEC hud available? :)
This what you mean?

Yea maybe, i don't know i asked the chatGTP and that's what he gave me. Ratios from gran turismo,project car, and randomly generated by A.I
I can put dose that you write too, and if it is easy to give the link to check myself too
Is there any upcoming fix for the McLaren and it's LODS? When I drive next to the car the wheel arches are quite basic, almost like a pentagon in shape. Or is there a csp option that may be causing this?

My ui doesnt look like this and i'm on the latest preview csp version and have new ui enabled. How did you get this?
Go to your assettocorsa\extension\config\gui.ini and search for "new ui menu" and there is something like "hidden" which must be set to 0. Sorry not on my rig so I cannot recall 100%.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back