Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,518 comments
View attachment 1295936

Furthermore, it is always a good idea to take a look at the optimization settings in Custom Shaders Patch > General Patch Settings :cheers:

(Fun fact: I built my PC in 2020, completely ignoring how AC interacts with the CPU cores 😂)
Wow! :D I went ahead and following your instructions I was able to pull this off 62 grid race while mostly maintaining 60 FPS (after car optimization). There was a few hitch here and there such as when the AI get into an accident, but gameplay become much smoother as the grid drift apart. My PC (i7-4790k/1070ti) so anybody newer hardware can likely do this as well.

Screenshot (79116).png

Screenshot (79117).png

you know whether there is any chance to create previews for cars with that error?
CSP preview is not working with these cars
Screenshot 2023-10-19 001845.png

Where the hell did all my LUA apps go after downgrading CSP preview? It strangely didn't load them all ingame, however all of its folders are intact thankfully.
1697667892837.png
1697667905803.png

Wow! :D I went ahead and following your instructions I was able to pull this off 62 grid race while mostly maintaining 60 FPS (after car optimization). There was a few hitch here and there such as when the AI get into an accident, but gameplay become much smoother as the grid drift apart. My PC (i7-4790k/1070ti) so anybody newer hardware can likely do this as well.

View attachment 1296315
View attachment 1296316
I'm glad it worked 😎

Question for the car modders. What could make a specific ai car completely miss a high speed turn and slide right through it like they are not even seeing the ai line. It's not the ai line because all the other cars take the turn with no issue. I'm hoping it's something in the car's data.acd file that I can edit.

Question for the car modders. What could make a specific ai car completely miss a high speed turn and slide right through it like they are not even seeing the ai line. It's not the ai line because all the other cars take the turn with no issue. I'm hoping it's something in the car's data.acd file that I can edit.
I have seen the AI do this on occasion - they will lock a brake or something else of the like. I can't recall clearly what car it was specifically, otherwise I would direct you toward it. So, definitely possible, I'm sure those far more competent than me here on gtp can help you. Watching older games like IC2 or GPL, it would seem that the level of AI sophistication has not made especially marked strides in nearly three decades of simracing development 😅.

Last edited:
Since I've been quiet for a while now, I'd like to give a short progress update of my work on the Ultima, Mantis, Vertigo and BMW.
I currently have not much time to work on the Ultima and the updates for the three other cars, as I am writing an exam at the beginning of November and also have another exam at the end of November. Accordingly, I am preparing for the exams in the free time I have available. If there is still a little time left, I still work on the cars in small steps. I'm currently remodeling the side air intakes of the UItima because I didn't like in the last version and it wasn't entirely correct. So be patient a little longer. The work goes on, but slowly. And once again a big thank you to everyone who supports me with the cars, be it bug reports or AI fixes, for example. No matter how and no matter what, I am grateful for any help. :cheers:

I have seen the AI do this on occasion - they will lock a brake or something else of the like. I can't recall clearly what car it was specifically, otherwise I would direct you toward it. So, definitely possible, I'm sure those far more competent than me here on gtp can help you. Watching older games like IC2 or GPL, it would seem that the level of AI sophistication has not made especially marked strides in nearly three decades of simracing development 😅.
I hope so, although I have discovered something I never knew while trying different things. In the ai.ini file, the more you raise the BASE value under the LOOKAHEAD section, the more the ai will cutoff the turn. If you go too far, the ai will actually cut the turn off so much that they will run over the kerbs.

From my recollection, the IER P13C AI does this a lot. It will often ignore the line and slam right into the wall.

I assume it is something in data.acd, because as you mentioned, other cars will take the corner just fine. Perhaps there are no values assigned to an ai behavior .ini somewhere.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but what I can share from my experience you're on the right track. It is definitely something specific on a car-to-car basis.

Last edited:
Either a bad setup in the ai.ini or bad suspension settings causing this. If fixed that in this patch you can compare the fix with the original: https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0au...BA%29_better_AI_behavior_by_Rainmaker.7z/file

24H
you know whether there is any chance to create previews for cars with that error?
CSP preview is not working with these cars
View attachment 1296330
1. unpack data with CM and try again (delete data.acd).
2. if it fails, rename extension folder to something else like 1extension so that CM does not read the extension folder

Should work.

Porsche 356 A Speedster Race Car
View attachment 1296457
The car is based on a mod from GeroDa74, I adjusted the 3D model and physics at my own discretion. The mod is not historically accurate and was originally created for personal use.

View attachment 1296458

Huge improvement over the GeroDa74 car - thanks.
No LOD D though?
If you are still working on it, a hangover from the original car is that the tacho needle isn't centred on its pivot, you can see the silver disc at the centre move off-axis as the revs increase.
Also, if you want to lower the passenger wiper start point (it sticks up a bit at the moment), add this to the wiper config:
GROUP_1_ANGLE_FROM = 12.0

My personal problem with CSP after installing that preview might have to do with my Linux install since it runs through Proton/Wine via Steam and I already had it before long ago after passing to Linux when my W11 install died by a bootloop from an update. Whenever I start a session or something else which loads AC, I get this error message.
View attachment 1296250
I presume I may have to wait for a new CSP version to be released or maybe a hotfix for all of us Linux players, that last time a new CSP version was released which addressed this similar issue I'm getting with latest preview.
I don't think that Linux is really in the minds if it comes to bugfixes or updates. Actually there are so much other things. I would not wait for such things.

If i just think of the support for the casual windows user, Linux just multiplies the causes of crashes by 1000x.

Last edited:
Yep. There is very little information on the TVR400R, and to make matters worse, those few existing cars are all different from each other.
😂

I'll start by saying that this is a WIP and I don't even know if I'll publish it one day. For now I'm trying to replace all the "borrowed" assets with those made from scratch with blender (for example the rims, I didn't understand how to convert the gtr2 ones). At first I converted it as grid filler, but then I started to love it more than I already loved it in gtr2.
My conversion is GTR2 but uses a lot of assets I don't have permission to distribute so I cannot release it publicly, but I can share the rims with you. I converted them from GTR2 so they are low poly but still look quite good.
I also use other rims to suit those used in 2004 ELMS:
preview.jpg

Let me know if you want the 06 Peninsula OZ rims.

Huge improvement over the GeroDa74 car - thanks.
No LOD D though?
If you are still working on it, a hangover from the original car is that the tacho needle isn't centred on its pivot, you can see the silver disc at the centre move off-axis as the revs increase.
Also, if you want to lower the passenger wiper start point (it sticks up a bit at the moment), add this to the wiper config:
GROUP_1_ANGLE_FROM = 12.0
Thank you. Yes, lod D is nominally absent, but in fact it is there (lod C is in fact lod D, and lod B is in fact lod C), but it is lod B that is missing, which I consider useless. but in principle I can add it, but there will be practically no increase in productivity from it.
Regarding the tachometer needle, I know that it is a little crooked, I can try to correct it, but I can’t promise anything in advance.
Regarding the wipers, I don’t use them, I don’t drive in the rain (I did it just to be on the safe side), but if you think it’s better, I can fix it in the next version, if it’s released)

Thank you. Yes, lod D is nominally absent, but in fact it is there (lod C is in fact lod D, and lod B is in fact lod C), but it is lod B that is missing, which I consider useless. but in principle I can add it, but there will be practically no increase in productivity from it.
Regarding the tachometer needle, I know that it is a little crooked, I can try to correct it, but I can’t promise anything in advance.
Regarding the wipers, I don’t use them, I don’t drive in the rain (I did it just to be on the safe side), but if you think it’s better, I can fix it in the next version, if it’s released)
Thanks, look forward to the update.
LoD B is normally pretty useful for performance, especially with big grids and tight packs.
Even if you don't actually use the wipers, the config addition I posted will mean that the passenger-side wiper will have a better resting position at the base of the windscreen.

Last edited:
My conversion is GTR2 but uses a lot of assets I don't have permission to distribute so I cannot release it publicly, but I can share the rims with you. I converted them from GTR2 so they are low poly but still look quite good.
I also use other rims to suit those used in 2004 ELMS:
View attachment 1296485

Let me know if you want the 06 Peninsula OZ rims.
Oz, thank you in advance. 😎

I aim to create everything from scratch as I said before, but I don't always succeed. I'm quite satisfied with the headlights, tail lights and the tank area, but the rest doesn't convince me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-9-35.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-9-35.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-7-14.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-7-14.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-12-33.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-12-33.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-12-25.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-12-25.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-12-0.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-12-0.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-11-57.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_19-9-123-14-11-57.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Either a bad setup in the ai.ini or bad suspension settings causing this. If fixed that in this patch you can compare the fix with the original: https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0aubajk0j7po5i/Mercedes-Benz_AMG_One_2021_v0.92_%28MNBA%29_better_AI_behavior_by_Rainmaker.7z/file
Thanks for the info. Could be a little of both. I had some success making it better by reducing the GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD value from 10 to 0 (the other cars I compared it to had this at 0). They still run off the track from time to time, but not every time like before. I'll also compare suspension files to see if I see anything there.

BTW, i've seen the TRAIL_HINT value vary widely between different cars. The ones that seem to work the best have it at 1, others have it really low, like 0.29. Do you know which is better, higher or lower?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back