Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,751 comments
Did you hold the shift key down while you launched a session so that the new sideline you recorded got put into the fast lane file?
I did that as you suggested but got the race canceled. Anyways I switched to Terra21 version. It's older but has no problems with the lines. Thank you for your help 👍

I did that as you suggested but got the race canceled. Anyways I switched to Terra21 version. It's older but has no problems with the lines. Thank you for your help 👍
If you can, send me your new files and i'll do it for you. You shouldn't have gotten any kind of error message. I've done it hundreds of times with no issues which tells me you must be doing something wrong.

Win10 ftw \o/
I'll persist with Win11 for the time being and hope that things get better with the next CSP build. I can't face trying to roll back to 10... especially when I'm not even sure if it's the cause of my clusterf#$ks and headaches.

As I said, it may just be concidence. It's entirely likely my track loading issues are all just CSP/CM related, but I hate Windows so much that I like to blame things on it anyway. ;)

What's most puzzling is when you can load a track one day, then the next you can't, despite not having made any changes to anything. That's why I thought Windows updates might be the culprit. They always screw something up unnecessarily! As an example, I run 5.1 sound using a DTS decoder (an official one) and after just about any Windows update, all my audio settings get lost.
Win 10 updates used to bork my 5.1 audio over optical every single time on my old PC too. In the end I had to disable the updates completely to preserve my sanity.

I'm in the process of creating early F1 turbo era seasons and I want to make them as authentic as possible. That means a lot of retirements. This is a take from my 1982 season. Only SimDream cars are available. They were useless in their default form. Way too slow on races. I removed all their other tires except for QF supersoft and they became very competitive.

I play with Williams 1982 Cosworth / K.Rosberg who won the championship that year with heroic drives- and with consistency and reliability against much faster turbo cars. I made my car turbo-less from data (or gave it much smaller boost) but increased the turbo damage value so it doesn't break.

Renault, Ferrari and Brabham had 1.5 turbos with huge power but they were very unreliable.

Renault/Prost had 8 retirements in 1982
Renault/ Arnoux had 10
Brabham/Patrese had 10
Piquet 11 DNF's / DNQ's
Pironi's and Villeneuve's season we all know how sadly it ended for both
Toleman's Fabi didn't finish even one race that season.

These seasons are not realistic at all if Cosworths have the same power and the turbos won't break. Guess what... now they DO break. But not in every race. This is Imola with a long top speed straight. Half of the cars retired.

My starting grid was 11th and ended up 3rd.

All retirements are ai engine failures.

t6UnKoq.jpg

Now the turbos last well on tracks like Long Beach, Monaco and even Dijon and Caesars Palace. But break on fast tracks like Hockenheim, Kyalami, Monza, Imola, Paul Ricard. Prost/Piquet at ai level 100 and Ferraris at 95'ish are superior on those tracks with the turbo engines. If you want to keep them behind you with the Cosworth, you can't have them close on your tail on the straights. You can fight for the championship with podium / points finishes and still have a chance to win on the street circuits (like Rosberg did with the inferior car).

I've been adjusting the 1982, 1983 and 1984 years for a long time. Looks pretty good.

PS: Look at Renault Turbo Prost's best lap time and compare it my Cosworth best lap time. That was pretty much the genuine difference on Monza, Imola and Hockenheim 1982.
Will you share files later or tell us how you made the turbo cars break more?

There are few things that irritate me as much as that... My primitive bipedal hominid brain is not able to understand it and goes into a state of uncontrollable anger, as demonstrated in this endearing home video...

View attachment 1332281
Hmmm. "Primitive bipedal hominid brain", "not able to understand it", "goes into a state of uncontrollable anger"?

Ah! I didn't realise you are the 'Minister for World Peace'? I'm sure I've seen you on the news randomly smashing buttons like that. Clearly there are some difficulties finding the right one to push. 😚😁

Last edited:
What program/app are you using for exported results? I do a lot of offline racing and this would be a huge time saver to have something like this.

This thread has all the info you need.

Will you share files later or tell us how you made the turbo cars break more?

Yes I will share everything when I have things done. One new problem that this creates is that the cars now retire in the middle of the track and create crashes. I have to find a correct balance.

This is the code that determines when the engine blows.

Code:
[TURBO_0]
LAG_DN=0.996 ; Interpolation lag used slowing down the turbo
LAG_UP=0.995 ; Interpolation lag used to spin up the turbo
MAX_BOOST=2.0 ; Maximum boost generated. This value is never exceeded and multiply the torque like T=T*(1.0 + boost), so a boost of 2 will give you 3 times the torque at a given rpm.
WASTEGATE=2.0				; Max level of boost before the wastegate does its things. 0 = no wastegate
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=2.0		; Value used by display apps
REFERENCE_RPM=8600 ; The reference rpm where the turbo reaches maximum boost (at max gas pedal). 
GAMMA=3.1
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=1

[TURBO_1]
LAG_DN=0.996 ; Interpolation lag used slowing down the turbo
LAG_UP=0.995 ; Interpolation lag used to spin up the turbo
MAX_BOOST=2.0 ; Maximum boost generated. This value is never exceeded and multiply the torque like T=T*(1.0 + boost), so a boost of 2 will give you 3 times the torque at a given rpm.
WASTEGATE=2.0				; Max level of boost before the wastegate does its things. 0 = no wastegate
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=2.0		; Value used by display apps
REFERENCE_RPM=8600 ; The reference rpm where the turbo reaches maximum boost (at max gas pedal). 
GAMMA=3.1
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=1

[DAMAGE]
TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD=3.0  ; level of TOTAL boost before the engine starts to take damage
TURBO_DAMAGE_K=10			; amount of damage per second per (boost - threshold)
RPM_THRESHOLD=12300			; RPM at which the engine starts to take damage
RPM_DAMAGE_K=0.05			; amount of damage per second per (rpm-threshold)

So when you increase the max boost and reduce turbo boost threshold and damage you can pretty much create ai engine failures very easily.

I now have the 1982 Turbo F1's at boost 2.2, threshold at 4.3 and damage at 9 and I'm still fine tuning it. We don't want them to break in every race.

Last edited:
As I said, it may just be concidence. It's entirely likely my track loading issues are all just CSP/CM related, but I hate Windows so much that I like to blame things on it anyway. ;)

What's most puzzling is when you can load a track one day, then the next you can't, despite not having made any changes to anything. That's why I thought Windows updates might be the culprit. They always screw something up unnecessarily! As an example, I run 5.1 sound using a DTS decoder (an official one) and after just about any Windows update, all my audio settings get lost.
Which csp you are on? I remember Ilja fixed the crashes during loading with latest 0.2.3, it was even mentioned in the changelog (I suffered them also a lot, and can confirm it´s gone).

Which csp you are on? I remember Ilja fixed the crashes during loading with latest 0.2.3, it was even mentioned in the changelog (I suffered them also a lot, and can confirm it´s gone).
I'm also on 0.2.3. When I saw the changelog, I was hopeful my loading issues would go away, but unfortunately they haven't.

Stranger still, some tracks that used to load just fine now have problems too, even though I've changed nothing on them. Among the many things I've tried while troubleshooting, I've made sure there are no pesky Ai payloads files causing issues, but that didn't help either.

Last edited:
Okay, instrument problem solved, somebody needs to learn the difference between a and A but WhAtEvER, the grifo is coming... soon. :sly:

Screenshot_alg_iso_grifo_monaco_1966_23-1-124-23-35-54.jpg
Screenshot_alg_iso_grifo_monaco_1966_27-1-124-23-54-37.jpg
Screenshot_alg_iso_grifo_monaco_1966_28-1-124-0-6-12.jpg
Screenshot_alg_iso_grifo_monaco_1966_28-1-124-9-44-32.jpg

To do list before release :

• Lods, lods, lods, my dear lods
  • animated wipers, for all you rain lovers
  • finding a more sophisticate driver : it's a luxury GT, not a trashy race car.
  • correcting the wobbly key badge. It does wobble at the moment, just not... nicely.
  • The 2 light signals on the dashboard. No idea what they where for in the beginning, I'd say fuel reserve and rpm limiter ?
  • anything else I find on the way.

See you around, y'all ! :gtpflag:

surely this needs alot more work than a quick skin...........its up there with the most "triangles" i have ever seen in this game. I am pressuming this would need more optimisation..........i guess??. Best looking model i have seen of this paticular car

i no nothing i'm just waffling

View attachment 1332184
what about this one?? still WiP by Verdes Garage and Koldo83
Screenshot_iku_gt7_toyota_supra_jgtc_1997_gt_dragontrail_27-3-123-20-11-45.png

Screenshot_iku_gt7_toyota_supra_jgtc_1997_gt_dragontrail_27-3-123-20-9-37.png

Last edited:
Just posting photos in this thread with absolutely no context whatsoever is always just a teeny bit attention-grabby and clickbaity.
And by 'teeny bit', I mean 'annoyingly and horrendously'.
Looks good, but care to share some actual details?
My apologies if you have given that feeling but it has not gone that way. The mod I was able to share photos of is being developed by Verdes garage and Koldo83
(not me).It is still WIP but is very close to be release. What details you mean??

Last edited:
My apologies if you have given that feeling but it has not gone that way. The mod I was able to share photos of is being developed by Verdes garage and Koldo83
(not me).It is still WIP but is very close to be release. What details you mean??
Sounds like good news...

That's great, you've supplied all of the details now. Thanks!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back