Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
TRR Alpine A424. (forgot something?) (again?)

View attachment 1331685
in the next update as per usual a bit of patience ... it's a free mod don't forget that !!! You can join their discord and report those problems to them
;)

Yeah, and to be complete (do these guys ever test drive in cockpit ??) the side windows are not transparent.
To encrypt cars in such a state (in whatever state) is even a worse idea than 3D trees...
:irked:
same for me, fix in the next update v1.1 or v1.2 on the discord

20240228_165054.jpg

Last edited:
Unsolicited penny novel for CF and Guerilla.
Huge respect for your work.
I understand that steering is the most subjective.
There's also my low quality driving to consider.

Philosophically, I am against any Steering Assist but 1.0.
Empirically, most mods are improved in my hands when I make this change.
Even when I have to reduce overall car FFB% as a result.
And don't get me wrong, we can get real fancy with Electronic Power Steering maps on real cars.
But the Steering Assist math means that there is less feel with speed.
So the feel is reduced at the critical start of braking.
And then fades as you accelerate on corner exit.
So it is harder to sense and stay on the limit.

When I was on a G29, I couldn't consciously feel the wheel doing anything.
Experiments that promised better feedback still helped me drive better.
You'll see from my notes that what helps me drive better is often imperceptible.
(Hello higher framerate, helping me catch mistakes earlier and smaller and before they happen, just like better FFB.)

I tested the whole pack, didn't remember to check Steer Assist.
Then I switched them all to 1.0, so there are before and after data files plus subjective notes.
  • Bentley GT3: SA1 takes this from a great car to a great car that I love driving lap after lap. Same pace.
  • Alpine GT4: Steering goes limp and cannot give more. SA1 Can now feel onset of understeer, an instantly better tool. 0.8s faster.
  • Aston GT4: Steering consistent as a zombie, visual as opposed to tactile understeer. SA1 Now a sense of weight and understeer, higher letter grade. Same pace.
  • BMW GT4: Steering feels disconnected, like sliding an ice cube, can tell it could go faster. SA1 Can now access more performance, still fussy. 0.6s faster, more in it.
  • Camaro GT4: Fun to drive, feel is small but exactly what I want. SA1 Perfection, balancing it gently on exit with throttle and steering talking. 1.0s faster.
  • Mustang GT4: Very good, little bit of squeeze on the limit, too hot, will go light. SA1 So smooth, guiding it around, now gets an A. Same pace.
  • 570S GT4: Heavy feel comes in late. SA1 Load is all from lateral, still no sense of rear. 1.5s faster.
  • AMG GT4: Quite good, window for good feel is small. Too slow, light, too hot, light. SA1 Pretty much goes where I want it, still wants small movements, disconnects if you overdrive. 0.4s faster.
  • Panoz GT4: Very easy, steering goes very light in understeer, maintains some response. SA1 Just goes right where I want it. Same pace.
  • Porsche GT4: Good steering signal, bad static. SA1 Loads up mid corner, still not enough gyro for rear. 0.5s faster.
  • Saleen GT4: Instantly good, signals what it doesn't like. SA1 Mixed results, more feel but heavier, excessive gyro on banking entry. 0.25s slower.
  • Toyota GT4: Feels like a Camry. Big inputs make a good lap. SA1 Can now feel overdriving. 0.7s faster.
Tested on: Riverside Short, CSL DD 8Nm, MacPherson FFB adjustment, Output Real Steering Forces, Range compression 100% (same as SA1, to my understanding).
More Physically Accurate Gyro is especially critical & magical for my simian brain.

You're grayer than I'd pictured you... :)
I was going to make one of my stupid jokes by erasing one of the letterrrrrs (wink) from your sentence and adding some fun image, but in these modern times we are living in, it's possible that some indignant lobby group without a sense of humor would report me to the relevant authorities, so I will be a good boy, I will behave well and for this once I will restrain my urgent desire to kidding. 😌

Guys, does anyone know why the car names in Drive view are sometimes stripped of the beginning part? It's so random... An example of many, the "DRM", see where I did the red circles.

1709155827246.png

Additionally, sometimes if I put "F1 20__ - Car Name" the result in Drive view is " - Car Name".

Last edited:
so a little while ago someone was doing some work to the Goodwood circuit, was that ever completed and where would the download be?

I can't seem to find anything about it?

Your help is appreciated!

Last edited:
so a little while ago someone was doing some work to the Goodwood circuit, was that ever completed and where would the download be?

I can't seem to find anything about it?

Your help is appreciated!
@RMi_wood excellent Vintage version:

Goodwood Vintage

My version of the original track. Although I should probably update the link because I think i've made changes since then.

Goodwood Circuit

Last edited:
hoy? thats for the bayer but the fh23. sadly there a "full" pack but the skins alone, i will try my best and get them all like i did before. sometimes i like to have it as a pack and then compare the "solo" skins with the pack which has the more accurate version^^
Sorry, you lost me there... you asked skins for the RSS Hybrid ? If it wasn't for the LMDh car you should have been more specific.
So for the F1 car (right ?) you will have to search for yourself. I don't have/drive modern open wheelers.

Sorry, you lost me there... you asked skins for the RSS Hybrid ? If it wasn't for the LMDh car you should have been more specific.
So for the F1 car (right ?) you will have to search for yourself. I don't have/drive modern open wheelers.
np, was a missunderstanding between us 2. i went the last 4 days just looking threw every livery for the great rss f1 cars and named them right in my directory and also ingame, so much "useless" work but thats my thing. i like small details and getting a nice job done

In your opinion, what are the most correct dimensions for AO textures? Does a low res AO map affect the result?

I'd not call myself an expert, but I couldn't see any noticeable differences between 1K, 2K, or 4K. I think only when you have really fine details (like a line across the car) that need a totally different occlusion than the rest of the car do you want to go high res, but for most use cases 512 or 1024 should be fine.

Again, not an expert.

Last edited:
In your opinion, what are the most correct dimensions for AO textures? Does a low res AO map affect the result?
Depends on which one and how many objects/parts are included, their visibility, their influence, etc...

• Body shell : I would go 4k, 2k minimum for a race-car with livery. Can get down to 1K if the body isn't particularly curved and the paint is plain colors.
  • Interior (main part) : same but pretty much opposite : 4k, 2k minimum for a customer car, especially with lots of "luxurious" details, can get down to 1K in a race car mainly full of rollcage and cables.
  • Others parts if needed : not more than 1k, 512 is good reference for undershell/hidden parts, doesn't need much more.

Does it affect the result ? Oh yeah, it does. And also remember, you have ONE enemy here : ... COMPRESSION... :scared:

Bit of a blank message, but this video just popped up on my YT-feed and I would absolutely love to drive this in AC. The elevation changes and surroundings would be glorious in vr. Track layout seems a bit technical, but I would just be cruising and drooling while gazing at the surroundings. The only other option woud be to become a billionaire.🙃

Bit of a blank message, but this video just popped up on my YT-feed and I would absolutely love to drive this in AC. The elevation changes and surroundings would be glorious in vr. Track layout seems a bit technical, but I would just be cruising and drooling while gazing at the surroundings. The only other option woud be to become a billionaire.🙃

The track is available for AC. Officially sanctioned by the track owners for those who care about that. ;)
Will post the link when I find it.

Last edited:
I'd not call myself an expert, but I couldn't see any noticeable differences between 1K, 2K, or 4K. I think only when you have really fine details (like a line across the car) that need a totally different occlusion than the rest of the car do you want to go high res, but for most use cases 512 or 1024 should be fine.

Again, not an expert.
View attachment 1332505View attachment 1332506
kunos recommends using 2k maps if it has liveries
Depends on which one and how many objects/parts are included, their visibility, their influence, etc...

• Body shell : I would go 4k, 2k minimum for a race-car with livery. Can get down to 1K if the body isn't particularly curved and the paint is plain colors.
  • Interior (main part) : same but pretty much opposite : 4k, 2k minimum for a customer car, especially with lots of "luxurious" details, can get down to 1K in a race car mainly full of rollcage and cables.
  • Others parts if needed : not more than 1k, 512 is good reference for undershell/hidden parts, doesn't need much more.

Does it affect the result ? Oh yeah, it does. And also remember, you have ONE enemy here : ... COMPRESSION... :scared:
Thank you for answering me. Unfortunately I realized that I have a lot of textures that are excessively (and unnecessarily) large in size, so I have to do a bit of optimization. :cheers:

Why on earth didn't I do this before? Because every now and then I have the brains to split the ears and I forgot to do it 😥😂

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back