Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,074 comments
Hi guys! Is it possible to remove the effects of the Northern Lights when running at night? I'm looking through the various CSP cards on CM, but I can't find the option

I notice there isn't much available for F1 1977 or 1978. Is there a full carset out there for one or both of those years? I am unable to find them. I have a few cars from Mr17l, but there are only a few. Grid is sparse.
Yes there (77,78,79,80,81,85 etc) exist but are private and not ready for release in the near future, but worked on.

We are still working on it, I will keep you updated. In theory the TVR update should come out first and then the GT1.
However, I must apologize. Recently I have not been able to complete the work on TVR physics as promised due to some rather important personal situations. Version 0.8 with the revised physics will be released later, now (by the end of June) 0.65 will be released which will contain a whole series of works that will fix those incorrect or incomplete aspects of the previous version. The GT1, on the other hand, I don't know exactly when it will be released but it shouldn't be long away anyway. The Viper and F430 are well underway but there is no release planned yet. I can tell you though that the Ferrari should come out before the Viper.

Since mine is a long-term project, I did some calculations. Few cars left to complete a GTR2 grid: BMW Z3, Nissan 350Z, Morgan Aero and Lotus Elise. The first is from BEM and is already quite good as a base. The other three already exist but it would be nice to be able to bring them into 2024 like the others.
So you are telling me there is a potential f430 GTC in the works?!!! Christmas must be coming early this year.

Seems like ballast and restrictor values I put on myself do not work in Custom Championships? I think this has come up before but has anyone found a solution yet? I think BOP'ing AI doesn't work in Custom Champs either... sad face.

Does anyone else have issues with the RT Fuji? I have the most recent version, I noticed the area just outside the curbs were a bit unforgiving. I ran a race against AI and I got about 5 cars taken out this way off of turn 5

It looks like there are holes in the patterned concrete portion?

1717034267874.png

I'm having a problem with many P2P/A to B tracks where the AI refuse to cross the finish line, they just stop at the finish line and everyone stops and piles up behind causing only 1 or 2 AI to finish the race and the rest to DNF.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anybody have solutions to this issue? I don't remember them doing that before.

I'm running CSP 0.2.3-preview1
I have that issue at some tracks as well, but not knowledgable enough to have a solution.

I notice there isn't much available for F1 1977 or 1978. Is there a full carset out there for one or both of those years? I am unable to find them. I have a few cars from Mr17l, but there are only a few. Grid is sparse.
Hello Teddie,
looking for a good and decent F1 1978 myself. If you ever get a hold on some, kindly inform.
RSS Lotus 79 is one (and very good by the way especially with JPS skin by others RSS would have a cashcow when they do a complete 1978 by the way!). Lacking rest of the field unfortunately. This shall be much appreciated. Have the best of day.

Thanks for posting this, never thought to check the ovals tab for tracks that may include rovals lol
If the folder contains only an oval, it will be in the “Oval” tab.
If there are other layouts in addition to an oval, it will be in the 2 'Real' & ‘Oval’ tabs.

Last edited:
Yeah I know about the other one but I'm looking for the Texas Motor Speedway roval, not the Texas World Speedway (which Legion did) - and it's not referenced in Breathe's list so it probably doesn't exist, only the oval VRC did.
There already is the fully modelled infield in the VRC-version, but it is not active. You can activate it using blender and then you have the correct layout for the ALMS 2000/2001.

Attachments

• Screenshot_nissan_r32_jtcc_fuji_speedway_mts_30-4-124-10-27-37.png
    Screenshot_nissan_r32_jtcc_fuji_speedway_mts_30-4-124-10-27-37.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
So you are telling me there is a potential f430 GTC in the works?!!! Christmas must be coming early this year.
Yes, and being our millionth visitor you are entitled to a bonus holiday and a series of screenshots of the F430 :D😂

Animations, driver position, seat and other stuff are temporary. Some parts are missing but the BEM did a great job, the car was in good shape but needed some restoration.

Attachments

• Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-22-27.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-22-27.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-22-52.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-22-52.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-23-19.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-23-19.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-23-23.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-23-23.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-23-40.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-23-40.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-25-0.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-25-0.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-26-28.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-26-28.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-26-50.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-26-50.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-26-51.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ferrari_f430_gt2_monza_20-4-124-23-26-51.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
little quistion..

i have always set my controls to automatic... play with controller

but wierd thing is ...with some cars it won't shift up from 3 to 4 ...on the shifter on screen you see 3 an then N and so on ,i can also not manual shift to 4

this only happens when i set it to automatic shift

is there a easy fix..

Hey @Peter Boese, i'm painfully going thru some ppfilter script writing and i need some help to get a simple algorithm going.

I'm just trying to get some of the light config to raise and/or lower depending on the hour, before i get my head around each cloud selection script.

ie "ambient light" would go from 1.2 in the early morning to 2.5 at noon, going back to 1.4 in the evening. By the hour, not even considering exposure nor cloud condition.

It's basically that i need "Ambient.light" to be super high during noon, along with reflections, but it doesn't look as good at dusk/dawn. The idea is to manage the noon light better with my color grading and the usual vintage tracks i'm running on, especially since those usually have a pretty awful color grading for the roads and trees. Getting the ambient light higher in those conditions hide the uglyness a lot.

Also, i'm running a external ambient occlusion (SSDO) for the grass on those tracks, allowing the scenery to be far more natural and realistic, so the extra ambient light doesn't paint everything yellow. It's a complicated solution that fits my OCD well.

I'm pretty sure i had Pure manual somewhere in the early versions of Pure with some basic script settings, but i'm getting lost and i come up with ugly and super complicated solutions, when i'm not just completely stealing other ppfilters scripts' elements trying to get a formula that might do the job. They're usually way over the top considering the basic scripting i need.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance, along with the common thanks for bringing AC back into my life with your insane software!

Last edited:
I have tried every iteration of this mod and I always find the front windsheild reflection a bit too excessive. Is there anyway to turn it down? Other cars are fine so it should not be a CSP problem.
I don't know, first time I've seen this, but I remember it had something similar like this but I can't remember what I turned off from CSP. I will look at it, and try to fix it. do you use pure or SOL?

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2024.05.30 - 14.39.36.05.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
I feel similar, but for a decade later in time. 1987 & 1989 are my two most sought after seasons for many years.
I know both of these are also in production by the same guys I think(I’d love a preview!)
I only have the early ‘87 Lotus & Ferrari, and an ‘89 McLaren MP4/5.

Last edited:
Thank you! lol, I didn't realize I already had these installed. Excellent.

OFF TOPIC/Random Blurb:
Guys, my wife bought me the HF8 Haptic Pad for my birthday a couple days ago. I had to stop using my bass shakers years ago because, tbh they were pretty loud and annoyed the hell out of her. So I didn't have high expectations about this haptic pad. I thought perhaps it would just feel like a pad full of cell phones or the same vibration of an xbox controller, but MAN this thing is amazing. The feedback is very 'thick' powerful, mechanical. I can't describe/explain the feeling, but it is actually so good that I don't miss my bass shakers. My favorite bit is the gear shifting effect. Kick in the back like hard shifting. So I'm basically sending telemetry data into/against my back and up through my butthole. Is anyone else using this?
Hi Teddy, i do still fiddling with settings. i'm just using it to enhance the feeling of the roadsurface.
I would be nice when using the clutch, the rumbling stops. In mine setup i'm using the front pads for the brake sensation(?) :). Would be nice if there was a database, where you could share settings and import them though

Hello Teddie,
looking for a good and decent F1 1978 myself. If you ever get a hold on some, kindly inform.
RSS Lotus 79 is one (and very good by the way especially with JPS skin by others RSS would have a cashcow when they do a complete 1978 by the way!). Lacking rest of the field unfortunately. This shall be much appreciated. Have the best of day.
I started updating the 1978 cars a while back and released a few. The issue I was having was finding someone to do the suspension animations and also finding someone to do the track conversions.

__custom_showroom_1717075218.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back