Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,171 comments
Hi gents,
Finally I found her!
48725873383_38692f31cb_b.jpg

Not the one at assettoland, the files are encrypted, but on YT, and in accordance with this page:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2019/2685290/bmw_m2_competition_6-speed.html
I edited the data, ui and perfs. Physics look good to me but unfortunatly I never drove a M2 Competition :irked:
You can get it here: https://mega.nz/#!Iw8RBIYb!Kt0_K6-4_UdfCs_r6-e0BobC5Rri5QXGDm_rM0ql3Zo
Have fun, Mike.

Very nice. You find data in the weirdest places.

@Ridox2JZGTE has an unbelievably huge library of car statistics. Or at least he used to. It's a hobby for him, collecting that information. I believe he used to use it to try to make realistic tunes for Gran Turismo cars? He knows his stuff, and is probably happy to share.

No chance of you guys taking this row to pms? It's been going on for weeks. This thread used to be a great read.

Having gotten into American Truck Simulator recently I've been browsing their forums the last couple days. You probably won't believe this but out of the dozens and dozens of threads I've read so far I've not seen a single argument or pissing match, and only one snarky comment that was later retracted and apologized for (I know, my jaw hit the keyboard too). Lots of "Thank you!", "Right on!", "Happy trucking!", and smiley emoji's. It's pretty wild, I never thought such a thing was possible! :boggled:

Edit: Also the pic is from Mad Max, clearly the Weird Science guy was a fan. :lol:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 8.11.45 AM.png

Last edited:
Sorry you have been had. For Italian modder read scam artist. The skin is not modified, the model is just really bad. Can't make a template without remapping the model.

Don't buy Assetto Mods. Except from URD, RSS, VRC, F3Classics. Other can pitch in here as I can't remember a few.
Well the mod itself is not really that bad, sure it has some jagged edges (due to the fact that PS4 uses some kind of system to smooth them in someway...) and perhaps its physics won't be good, but I still personally think it looks good to me, only its skin and physics need a bit of work and will surely look better

A part of them are classes (race and street), the other part are tags filtered. You can change both, classes and tags, via CM. You don´t have to edit the ui.json itself. :)

I´m just making new definitions that I´ll publish on RD when halfway done. :)
Making the same for tracks too. Just trying to find good icons, logos.
Or if you´re interested, I can publish it sooner and you, or whoever wants, can help improving it. ;)

Thanks! Man, that would be great. I would love to help if I can. I don't mind typing in Google search term criteria just to find certain cars but it gets tedious just to get a race going. Especially when we can make the categories a bit more precise. If you'd like help, I will do what I can. Writing code isn't foreign to me being an IT guy.

It seems to be based on a number of inputs from the ui_car.json from what I can tell. So classics is filtered as anything pre 1980, prototypes seems to be based on having the tag - prototype, same with rally and drift. Race/Street seem determined by the class selection field. I'm not sure how many filters there are in total, but then I use my own tagging system even for Kunos cars.

That's what I was suspecting. The class didn't change a category alone, nor did tags. I was assuming it was drawing data from multiple fields.
It would be nice to know what those fields are so we can get all our cars in the right place. Thanks for this info.

Hi !
Is someone know where can I find those mods from Sim dream Developement ?
- Indy 1995 Mod
- 1950-60s GrandPrix Mod
- Grand Prix 1993
- Grand Prix 1996
- Grand Prix 1998
- Grand Prix 2000
- Grand Prix 2009

Hi gents,
Finally I found her!

Not the one at assettoland, the files are encrypted, but on YT, and in accordance with this page:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2019/2685290/bmw_m2_competition_6-speed.html
I edited the data, ui and perfs. Physics look good to me but unfortunatly I never drove a M2 Competition :irked:
You can get it here: https://mega.nz/#!Iw8RBIYb!Kt0_K6-4_UdfCs_r6-e0BobC5Rri5QXGDm_rM0ql3Zo
Have fun, Mike.

Awesome, been wanting the M2C for a while! This is much better made than the M2 available previously! But could you do the DCT gearing instead? the interior is DCT but having 6MT ratios felt weird

Hi !
Is someone know where can I find those mods from Sim dream Developement ?
- Indy 1995 Mod
- 1950-60s GrandPrix Mod
- Grand Prix 1993
- Grand Prix 1996
- Grand Prix 1998
- Grand Prix 2000
- Grand Prix 2009

Theres a list of every SimDream mod in a .pdf floating around from an "rshumi" on an unmentionable Russian site. Do some googling. I can't share it here as per rules.

Hi gents,
Finally I found her!

Have fun, Mike.

I changed the physics on this one to something more drivable. If you wanna try.... feedback very welcome.

Attachments

• data.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 42
I changed the physics on this one to something more drivable. If you wanna try.... feedback very welcome.
Hi, i DL the txt file, unfortunatly it's written with chinese characters. What can i do to insert ur changes in the data folder?
Thx in advance for ur answer, Mike

Here is my first offical (properly) made skin. What do you all think? Would you deem it releasable content? :lol:

full

I hope your not going to leave us hanging and not release this... I can't stand the skins it has. I've resorted to this one as I wait for some to come out :yuck: I'm surprised he didn't make a Facebook and Church of Scientology skin while he was at it.

upload_2019-9-13_10-45-11.jpeg

Last edited:
About the FFB discussion some time back:

Damper seems to effect countersteering feel as suggested earlier. It also produces a force when the car is stopped. Needs further testing to determine the extent of placebo. If you don't have damper (And spring?) on, perhaps try it and see.

PS: No, spring doesn't affect the center spring like I said. Profiler even says that.

Hi, i DL the txt file, unfortunatly it's written with chinese characters. What can i do to insert ur changes in the data folder?
Thx in advance for ur answer, Mike

just rename the file from data.txt to data.rar and decompress the file, the forum does not allow rar files.

Hi gents,
Finally I found her!

Have fun, Mike.
Very nice exterior model, drives nicely, but too bad for the rather poor interior quality.

Well the mod itself is not really that bad, sure it has some jagged edges (due to the fact that PS4 uses some kind of system to smooth them in someway...) and perhaps its physics won't be good, but I still personally think it looks good to me, only its skin and physics need a bit of work and will surely look better

Defo needs some skins, did some different colors just to fill the grid but with same sponsors. As they say "The car is fully balanced to the official kunos GT3 content" that's one 100 % sure statement ...it has kunos physics lol.

Hi gents,
Finally I found her!

Have fun, Mike.

Oh....oh my........ i just worked out I can skin one of these skins.......the silver one...on paint.net.....
Is all i need the template in skin folder? How the hell did i not know this already!!

71138050_388144768518002_5110852640896450560_n.jpg

Not mine, just posting, not tried either, but looks shiny!
I found it here on the The Modding Workshop

This was supposed to be a weekend project, but it ended up taking me more than 30 hours of work and there are still things to do... Reworked 3D and 2D, added low-res cockpit for better FPS, solved lots of 3D glitches since the interior don´t perfectly fit the exterior shell from NFS, and much more, i think you will see the improvements, especially the open roof ... If you like it please live a comment, and don´t forget to click on FOLLOW the page for future updates and new cars...
DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/…/…/tmw_mazda_rx7_veilside.7z/file

CREDITS: This car was originally converted by AG, Leandro Bernal y ACR. The body shell is from NFS and the interior from Kunos
Physics: Kunos with some tweeks...
Sound: RX-7 Time Attack mod by DmitriiA & x4fab

Nah, man... currently just trying to perfect some parts of the skin

full

Even was looking at doing some wheels for it...

full

My only other issue is trying to determine the proper compression to save in. I'm currently saving in an uncompressed format that results in a file size close to 90 megabytes...

full

Currently it is a 4096 skin... I was wanting to do it all in 8192 but I can't get an AO to generate in that size. Seems we're limited to a maximum of 4096 for AO generation in CM.

Great, I'm looking forward to it

upload_2019-9-13_12-36-49.jpeg

Thanks, man!

I'm also working on another Lola LMP. Many months back I had been working on incorporating real life data, aero and geometry into the B09/86 as well the B11-83 along with proper lights configuration and setups and so on. Those two are pretty much complete but now this B12/80 came out recently and it really has a nice model... perhaps it came from Forza? Anyways, hope to release them all soon. :) :cheers:

full
Well obviously that Mazda-Lola came from FM, I never saw it in any other game before honestly lol

Hi from Portugal!
I have an issue with a recently aqquired mod from SimDream, the F12001 mod. My issue has (I guess, far from having even a basic knowledge) something to do with LOD´s. From a distance the driver sits too high in the cockpit and the helmet almost reaches the main air duct. Closer, the driver "moves" to where he should be. Is there any way to fix this? I hope the pics may illustrate what I´m trying to describe :)
Screenshot_f1_2001_prost_goodwood_circuit_13-9-119-20-57-47.jpg
Screenshot_f1_2001_prost_goodwood_circuit_13-9-119-20-58-46.jpg

View attachment 850647 View attachment 850647

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back