Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,158 comments
It looks like a nice car,but the model is not a 993 Turbo.No side intakes and the arches are not the wide Turbo arches
That is how a 993 Turbo looks like

iu

I wonder why nobody did a proper 993 Turbo.All i can find are Carreras with the Turbo wing.
Google Images seems to overwhelmingly disagree and I doubt that a3dr would get something as basic as this wrong. Maybe there was a different NA and Euro spec? I don't know.

Works perfectly in VR - thanks!
I actually preferred the look of your silver badge version even though it's not technically correct, but that one had flickering on the SRS AIRBAG bit underneath.

@Ales smoother wing mirror casings would be nice in an update, if possible. These are always 'in your face' in VR so low-poly ones always jump out, to me at least. Thanks. :cheers:

It looks like a nice car,but the model is not a 993 Turbo.No side intakes and the arches are not the wide Turbo arches
That is how a 993 Turbo looks like

iu

I wonder why nobody did a proper 993 Turbo.All i can find are Carreras with the Turbo wing.

Google Images seems to overwhelmingly disagree and I doubt that a3dr would get something as basic as this wrong. Maybe there was a different NA and Euro spec? I don't know.

After further research you are correct.Only The 993 Turbo S had the side intakes.But as long as i remember ,i never saw a Turbo (non S),so i always though that all 993 Turbo's had side intakes.

Hey did any of the guys that clicked the BMW M3 GTS post try to download it? i posted it to see if it was downloadable, if anyone can check that link out and see if you can get my car into your game and driving. you can delete it right after if you don't want it. i just want to know if it works, the link is on page 636.

If it works i have a few cars i spent 7+ hours each on physics that i can share. they all match up with factory listed nurburgring times/ Downforce at certain Mph... gears..ect i use factory info sheets to fix them. and sometimes videos when no data is available. most of the cars i do this for come from assettoland and are broken AF with physics but have great models.

The long straight at Le mans are normally public roads right? How many weeks per year would you say that these roads are closed because of races at le mans?

https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de...des-hunaudieres-fermee-la-circulation-4300319

Il y a le dimanche de pré-qualif (Fin mai-debut juin)

Après dès le mercredi midi de la semaine de course pour les essais du soir.

There is the pre-qualifying Sunday (End of May-beginning of June)

After the Wednesday noon of the week of the race.

(Sorry for my english)

Hey did any of the guys that clicked the BMW M3 GTS post try to download it? i posted it to see if it was downloadable, if anyone can check that link out and see if you can get my car into your game and driving. you can delete it right after if you don't want it. i just want to know if it works, the link is on page 636.

If it works i have a few cars i spent 7+ hours each on physics that i can share. they all match up with factory listed nurburgring times/ Downforce at certain Mph... gears..ect i use factory info sheets to fix them. and sometimes videos when no data is available. most of the cars i do this for come from assettoland and are broken AF with physics but have great models.
My download started REALLY slowly (10kb/s) then hangs at 52%. Been there for ages. The download screen looks odd too, with all the folders exposed. Not like a normal Mega download. Did you zip the file first?

Edit: car loads and drives fine - it just took a long time to download for some reason.

Last edited:
I actually preferred the look of your silver badge version even though it's not technically correct, but that one had flickering on the SRS AIRBAG bit underneath.

@Ales smoother wing mirror casings would be nice in an update, if possible. These are always 'in your face' in VR so low-poly ones always jump out, to me at least. Thanks. :cheers:

+1 for the 'incorrect' silver badge. I like it but there's that SRS airbag flicker. I can only see it if I hit my 'look down' button, so no big deal.

Also +1 for smoother wing mirror casings. On triples they are also 'in your face' the whole time, which is a bit disturbing and does not do credit to the car...

oh, the SRS AIRBAG was already there in original, I removed it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uskuey13p7lakmb/urd_maures_gtr_97_extension_logo_Chrome2.7z/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/85ijf0paa0hnrau/urd_maures_gtr_97_extension_logo_plastic2.7z/file

@delpinsky
It's there for me

Congrats, VR is absolutely awesome for sim racing, a match made in heaven. By far the biggest enhancement since driving games were invented. The sense of presence, of being IN the car, ON the track, AT the race venue is unparalleled. Proper binocular stereoscopic vision adds a sense of scale and 3D awareness that takes immersion off the scale and makes judging braking points, nailing apexes etc so much easier. The sense of speed is incredible too.
However, some people need to ease into it. Take it slowly at first. You might get motion sickness (like sea sickness) because of the disconnect between what your eyes are telling you and what your vestibular system in your inner ear is processing. Just like getting your 'sea legs' on a boat, this can take time to get used to. If you start to feel nauseous in any way, STOP IMMEDIATELY. It's not something you can power through, and motion sickness is horrible and can last for a day. Go and do something else for a while and come back to it later. Build your tolerance up over time.
Start with a slow open-topped car (eg the standard Miata) on a flat, straight track or large skidpan. Drive slowly at first, make gentle turns, brake slowly. Reversing in particular can feel VERY weird (still does for me, slightly). Build up to complex tracks and fast cars slowly unless you're one of those lucky people who can dive into VR immediately with no ill effects. I wasn't too bad, it didn't take me long at all. If you suffer from motion sickness in cars, boats or planes then it might take you longer.
Stick with it though, it's incredible.
Be prepared for the drop in resolution (especially if coming from a 4k display) as this can be jarring at first, but is soon forgotten as all the other benefits that VR brings compared to 2D displays become apparent.
Don't forget to activate 3D mirrors either, they're awesome..! Oh, and have the driver visible so you can see his hands on the wheel too, and adjust seating position so it feels like you are inside your avatar.
Looking forward to your impressions. You'll likely never want to go back to 2D again afterwards - it feels so gamey and detached by comparison.

Edit: re the nausea comments, have ginger ale and/or root ginger sweets to hand when first trying it - these can help a lot.

Edit 2: be happy using VR for driving before moving to flight sims, as the nausea effects are multiplied in flight. VR driving took me no time at all to get used to and I could quickly race all day in VR with no ill effects, but I then tried a free Bladerunner-type space craft sim and almost barfed straight away.

Try the static VR demos first, the ones that come free with Oculus Home. Ease into it.

I think this is really personally. I had a triple with 3 x 27" and bought the pimax 5kplus. For me the graphic quality is a must and if cars dont have a nice cockpit or a track is not well done, I dont drive it. Thats my personally taste and for others its not much important. I couldn't live with the vr resolution and all looked like toys. In the cinema there are very few movies which are better in 3 D (Avatar was an exception) than 2D. The main issue are the proportions, which looks often unaturaly.
I sold my pimax 3 weeks ago and bought 3 x 32" screen and I am very happy now. The driving is more relaxed my eyes tolerate it better and no sickness. And the sharpness and details are so great and I enjoy it. Especially the cockpits in Forza 7 are the toplevel.
I dont want get a war between tripple and vr. I know many people they went from tripple to vr and are happy and i know many people the came back from vr to triple. For me VR needs a quality upgrade and then I will try it again as a alternative to triple.

I think this is really personally. I had a triple with 3 x 27" and bought the pimax 5kplus. For me the graphic quality is a must and if cars dont have a nice cockpit or a track is not well done, I dont drive it. Thats my personally taste and for others its not much important. I couldn't live with the vr resolution and all looked like toys. In the cinema there are very few movies which are better in 3 D (Avatar was an exception) than 2D. The main issue are the proportions, which looks often unaturaly.
I sold my pimax 3 weeks ago and bought 3 x 32" screen and I am very happy now. The driving is more relaxed my eyes tolerate it better and no sickness. And the sharpness and details are so great and I enjoy it. Especially the cockpits in Forza 7 are the toplevel.
I dont want get a war between tripple and vr. I know many people they went from tripple to vr and are happy and i know many people the came back from vr to triple. For me VR needs a quality upgrade and then I will try it again as a alternative to triple.
Yep, it's definitely down to personal preference. Whatever people prefer is 100% the best solution for them.
After racing in VR though I simply cannot go back to looking through a letterbox with the rest of my room visible around it, and losing proper binocular 3D vision in the process. I'm not a cyclops.
Oh, and having to drive like my head is clamped in place, too. Looking over your shoulder in VR never gets old.
I'm still using an original Rift and can read cockpit instrument detail easily and identify cars off in the distance. I can see individual rev counter LEDs on the dashboards of other cars as I overtake them. Sure, 4k VR would be awesome but for me, the visual detail even in my old Rift is absolutely fine, especially with all the enhancements that proper 3D brings (which is NOTHING like faked 3D movies that are still watching on a fixed screen). Sim racing is all about immersion and VR drops me right into the action.
I've said this before but I'm amazed I ever got into sim racing when a 2D display was the only option. It just seems like a really poor option now. Even the lighting seems really flat in 2D. Everything comes alive in VR for me, so the added resolution in 2D is wasted anyway as it all seems so lifeless.
I've got a strong feeling that people who complain about the IQ in VR have been using badly-configured HMDs with IPD set incorrectly, or bad fitment/strap adjustment, or inappropriate in-game settings. It looks bloody awesome to me and every session is a deeply-immersive thrill.
My opinions of course - yours may differ and probably do, lol. :cheers:

Last edited:
I've said this before but I'm amazed I ever got into sim racing when a 2D display was the only option
I feel the same, looking back to how I started, it is like I am not even doing the same thing any more.
I started with GT2 on PS1, playing on the coach on the PS controller from across the room on what was probably a 20 inch cathodic tube TV.
every little step, in graphic quality, driving with with a wheel, 2 feet from the screen with proper FOV brought the immersion to be better and better and also increase the amount of time I spent driving,
My last iteration, in my search for immersion before VR, was driving in front of a screen with a huge projected video with everything 1/1. That was fun, but when I tried VR, it was as if I had entered a different dimension.
When I hear about someone going back to watching a flat screen, I am always puzzled.

Downloaded fine for me, really nice update for me, really good weight to the wheel and a nice drive. Happy to try out your others for sure.

A quick question, is the shuto revival a pay mod? Never interested me till i saw some cool stuff on youtube and also that night video posted few pages back..

My download started REALLY slowly (10kb/s) then hangs at 52%. Been there for ages. The download screen looks odd too, with all the folders exposed. Not like a normal Mega download. Did you zip the file first?

Edit: car loads and drives fine - it just took a long time to download for some reason.

Thanks so much for letting me know that. and yea thats why i was so confused! why are all my files exposed like that?? i opened up win rar and i cant see an option to compress stuff. how do i compress a file? and im not sure why my mega shares say Dycrpting when i load the page. no one elses do that. i made a profile on mega and downloaded the desktop app. thats how its supposed to be used right?

Yeah, I think so. I remember it being simple.
If you are happy with ASW then you can lock the frame rate to 45fps to force it on at all times, unless your PC has the grunt to run above 90fps all the time.
There are various threads on RD and the CSP discord about getting best visual/performance balance.
Sorry I'm late to the party but for me the best thing I discovered was the 45fps lock in the oculus debug tool as @Masscot mentions, allows me to run full grids with the pixels cranked up to 2.0 or 2.5 depending on the track, which looks epic and I have never noticed a difference.
Luckily I get no travel or motion sickness ever and possibly because of that vr has never bothered me. Every friend who has been and tried has been blown away by the experience.

Thanks so much for letting me know that. and yea thats why i was so confused! why are all my files exposed like that?? i opened up win rar and i cant see an option to compress stuff. how do i compress a file? and im not sure why my mega shares say Dycrpting when i load the page. no one elses do that. i made a profile on mega and downloaded the desktop app. thats how its supposed to be used right?

The easiest way to make and upload a compressed folder to Mega is just simply browse to the folder in explorer, right click it then "send to" > compressed (zipped) folder. Upload the file it creates to Mega. The size will not be as small as RAR or 7z but if you're struggling to use those programs? I don't have WinRAR installed, I use different software, but as far as I remember, it is a very similar process. Browse to the folder within WinRAR and then right click it, and it is something like, "Add to archive"? Or something very similar.

Mega is a bit of a pain if you're new to using it. you can drag files and folders directly into the MEGA window and once uploaded right click on the file/folder you want to share and choose "Get Link" from the menu. Then make sure you have clicked on "Link With Key" And then click Copy.

h56PJZS.jpg

Then go to this forum and click the link icon and paste your copied link into the box.

Last edited:
Downloaded fine for me, really nice update for me, really good weight to the wheel and a nice drive. Happy to try out your others for sure.

A quick question, is the shuto revival a pay mod? Never interested me till i saw some cool stuff on youtube and also that night video posted few pages back..
Shuto revival is not a paymod. you have to join the discord and all instructions and link are inside, ill try to find you a link

thanks for testing my car-that means my physics rework stayed! the original mod was just a copy pasted E92 m3, the UI information was M3 GTS but it was just 95% a stock E92 in the data files. the other cars i fixed that ill release are (LFA nurburgring /Camero ZL1 1LE (MANY HOURS)// Ford GT 2018//(Jaguar project 8 big rework// + 5 or 6 more ide have to pm you about since they have authors, like the mclaren senna, it has 5 authors. so ide be disrespectful to public release that rework, but that car was not perfect. i can only public release the author unknown ones i think.

https://discordapp.com/invite/rYpyf...R4zz7wUjhMFQeTmipDxWElPbz4hbteQHsLC5IR_eGpDro
theres your invite link to shuto revival, FOLLOW THE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS TO A T. you CANNOT just drag and drop it into content manager. be warned.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back