Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,189 comments
That 'old' version is the one from Gilles75.
It's not very good, but the new one could also use improvements over the one you already mentioned: (spectators - balloons not flocking together - horizon too dark - some of the trees etc...), but yeah, it's made using RTB...
Damn, forgot about the dark horizon - I'll add it to the comments.

I tried creating a track skin to sort out a few of these issues (inc the billboards, which also need work) but I get an error. Might be a RTB issue.

Can’t load textures:
E_INVALIDARG: An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function (-2147024809)

Last edited:
I'm unnaturally excited by these Mk 1 Transit vans being worked on by Oldman Jumper. The slammed one has a mid-mounted GT40 engine in it... :D

86864309_183571206300867_2024937656835637248_o.jpg 87162816_185948082729846_3852185970560466944_o.jpg 87416720_183571326300855_217290766395899904_o.jpg

Is it only me or the 720 GT3 spins like crazy on curbs?!?
I can't take the same lines as I do on most every other GT3s since as I touch a curb I end up against a wall

Yep, it's one of the things being worked on. They aren't too happy with the physics at the moment (testing was tricky due to hardware issues) so a big overhaul is coming.

After a loooooong delay (I think I did these billboards/balloons/choppers about nine months ago, lol) I've been assured this track is very close to release now, so it's time for some teasers. Shaders have all been tweaked since, but you'll get the general idea.
Oh, and you'll be pleased to know the track is by ACU, AI by LSM with further CSP tweaks from Slider, so quality is very much assured.

Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-29-28.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-11-54.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-13-47.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-15-41.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-21-54.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-23-41.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-24-29.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-26-34.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_720s_spider_acu_dubai_street_23-2-120-11-28-18.jpg

I waited for this car so much time (I bought it for rFactor2 but I dislike aestically this simulation, It's stupid but It's a fact here !), I'm so excited ! :cool:
For me, It's the most beautiful "modern" F1 Ferrari car with the Ferrari 640 and It's the most tragic also with the death of my favorite driver Gilles Villeneuve on Zolder track.
The 1982 F1 championship got his tragedies (Riccardo Paletti died on the... Gilles Villeneuve track), Didier Pironi crashed on Hockenheim and also, this season gave us some bright and intense moments with the first victory of Patrick Tambay and this incredible pole position done by Mario Andretti on Monza.
Hey Elio, 1982, this is an exciting and tragic time but for me, i especially remember the Austrian grand-prix with Elio De Angelis And Keke Rosberg. ;)

Incredible, all the way!

Elio92, thanks for the memories.👍

None of that here....
sky too tweaked, back to dark blue and white fluffys:D

j0c7.png
hy69.png

Must be my crappy system in that case then as I'm sure you're on the latest CSP version as well. I only tried it at Scottish Highlands so it could be track related maybe.

@MrB00

A bit of a request, but I was wondering if you could throw together a BP Oil Starion livery with the classic shield in place of the STP logos? Then replace the blue and red bits with some green and goldish-yellow? I think that would add some additional colour to the grid.

(if you want maybe make a few more with various brands that have different colours)

With your permission I might package my tune file and your skins together and re-upload it here.

Yeah I can do that. I'll get that done today now I have a template to work from...those red and blue bits took some working out to line up. Will try and get some other liveries done as well...want to do a castrol one even though that was mainly used on Toyotas. But who's worried about realism lol.
And yes of course you can pack my skins with your tune and re upload here or anywhere else for that matter. I'm not worried as long as you stick my name in there somewhere.
Will tag you when I'm done.

Hey Elio, 1982, this is an exciting and tragic time but for me, i especially remember the Austrian grand-prix with Elio De Angelis And Keke Rosberg. ;)

Incredible, all the way!

For me 1982 was my first ever F1 race at Brands Hatch (I was 7 lol) and it blew me away. I remember the crowd being huuuuge!!
I was lucky to see the 1986 one too but that was the final year they held them there because F1 was too loud for the local residents :grumpy:

Some good memories for sure..even if they are a bit distant and hazy now :lol: :embarrassed:

So I decided to clean install the latest version of CSP (0.1.46) and SOL (1.4.2 stable), but none of the track lights were working, on either Kunos tracks or modded tracks. Took me a while to find out that newer versions of CSP don't bundle the track lighting configs by default, they need to be downloaded from here, with the contents of the folder (after extracting it) going under steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension. Just thought I'd share this with others, in case anybody else has a problem with no track lighting after updating CSP.

So I decided to clean install the latest version of CSP (0.1.46) and SOL (1.4.2 stable), but none of the track lights were working, on either Kunos tracks or modded tracks. Took me a while to find out that newer versions of CSP don't bundle the track lighting configs by default, they need to be downloaded from here, with the contents of the folder (after extracting it) going under steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension. Just thought I'd share this with others, in case anybody else has a problem with no track lighting after updating CSP.

I do it this way.....go to content manager/settings/custom shader patch/ then where it says Patch down the left hand side click on the Tracks Config and then find the 3 vertical dots over on the right hand side of the screen (they're very small lol) Click those and it should tell you which tracks need updating.
You can do this for the other headings too (Tracks VAO, Cars Configs, Cars Textures etc)
I normally do this once a week or so or if I've added a load of mods.

Incredible, all the way!

For me 1982 was my first ever F1 race at Brands Hatch (I was 7 lol) and it blew me away. I remember the crowd being huuuuge!!
I was lucky to see the 1986 one too but that was the final year they held them there because F1 was too loud for the local residents :grumpy:

Some good memories for sure..even if they are a bit distant and hazy now :lol: :embarrassed:

Well Gentlemen, You maked my day with Zeltweg and Brands-Hatch which are in my top 10 about my favorite tracks ! :cheers:
Franckly, winning the 1982 championship with only... one victory !
Anyway, Keke Rosberg is one of the drivers who never gave up with a tremendous fighting sipirit... and I Love it.;)

If someone bought, like me, the McLaren-Ford MP4/8, it got an issue for the drivers and the car will be not loaded.
By the way, I'm not able to resolve it (and CM told me there is nothing wrong with the car), the KN5 file is right in the folder "driver" and.... problem !
I suspected it when I done my own car previews for each car, the helmet driver was missing.

The Ferrari 126C2 and the Venturi LC92 are OK. ;)
I am downloading again the car, who knows and maybe meanwhile, ASR @alesanchez corrected it.

Last edited:
That's a lovely little car BUT it seems to tramline all the time, as if it's following ruts in the road. The steering wheel gets pulled in unnatural positions, like the car is trying to steer you instead of the other way around. Anyone else feeling this, and/or able to fix it? A little beauty like this really deserves better physics.
Edit: the RHS wing mirror reflection is flipped too (in VR 3D, anyway).

View attachment 893333

Same here. I thought maybe it was because I had (as is my wont) dialed in some negative camber, like I always do, and the natural swing n' sway of the road was rocking the car slightly from side to side and, thus, steering the little barchetta tiny amounts of left & right, but no: dialing in any amounts of positive camber failed to solve the problem. Bin.

Same here. I thought maybe it was because I had (as is my wont) dialed in some negative camber, like I always do, and the natural swing n' sway of the road was rocking the car slightly from side to side and, thus, steering the little barchetta tiny amounts of left & right, but no: dialing in any amounts of positive camber failed to solve the problem. Bin.

@Beezer215 gave it a fix so might be worth trying that before binning it as it is a fun little thing...slow as hell though lol

The problem was lack of anti-roll bars and too light bump stop springs as well as an inflated inertia value. It basically shares the suspension of the Alpha GTA and probably rightfully so but some of the values that were off were the ones that caused that behavior. A few posts back I have some files that will amend some of this. Now the car will drift a bit more in corners but remains controllable while retaining a loose steering feel of a vintage racer.

@Beezer215 gave it a fix so might be worth trying that before binning it as it is a fun little thing...slow as hell though lol
Ya, she slow. I think it's going to get a bump in that power.lut and see if it can hang with the rest of the Vintage Touring Cars.

View attachment 893671 View attachment 893672
Hi all! My first ever release, 2017 Alpine A110 Premiere Edition.
Pardon me for the bugs.
Feel free to edit and improve the mod wherever you deem fit.

Awesome, thanks a lot, I always wanted this road legal version of the new A110 since I also got the GT4 version long ago.
And I wonder where did you ever convert it from, surely not GT SPORT but more probably CSR 2 instead, but hey, I could be wrong. lol

I almost missed this Mexico Gran Premio 1967 posted on RD yesterday as RD's new website seemingly doesn't always list new mods that have been uploaded.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mexico-gran-premio-1967.31101/

This was (or now, is) a fabulous track. Challenging (you have to be micrometrically precise) and dangerous...and nothing like the current 'bowdlerized' Mexico City, which irl more resembles a neighborhood karting track. The original layout deliberately set out to replicate some of the most famous features of real-life tracks (Mexico's last turn is a dead-nuts copy of Riverside's infamous Turn 9, and those deadly sunken tire markers were at one time in place around Riverside). I spent a couple of hours there yesterday trying to get in touch with my muscle memory of that impossible, decreasing-radius Turn 1. A must-have, IYAM.

Damn, forgot about the dark horizon - I'll add it to the comments.

I tried creating a track skin to sort out a few of these issues (inc the billboards, which also need work) but I get an error. Might be a RTB issue.

Can’t load textures:
E_INVALIDARG: An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function (-2147024809)

I don't care a fig (fig?) about the balloons, but the paper-doll spectators are awful (hopefully, I'm so fast and so busy I don't notice them), and the overall colorization (colorization?) is way too dark.

The problem was lack of anti-roll bars and too light bump stop springs as well as an inflated inertia value. It basically shares the suspension of the Alpha GTA and probably rightfully so but some of the values that were off were the ones that caused that behavior. A few posts back I have some files that will amend some of this. Now the car will drift a bit more in corners but remains controllable while retaining a loose steering feel of a vintage racer.

Ya, she slow. I think it's going to get a bump in that power.lut and see if it can hang with the rest of the Vintage Touring Cars.

Yeah a little bit more power wouldn't go a miss for sure. Maybe not too much though - i watched a video of this thing and it looked as slow as the mod lol.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back