Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
The DBS and the Alpine suffers a lot from way to grippy tires. Ok, they're modern tires, but still. I have to find time and balls to tweak the files.

I'm on AL's webpage now and I d/led the Alpine, but is "DBS"? I don't see this car?

I discovered that in the "mirrors.ini" file a text line: "NAME=Geometry23" in the Formula K data folder.

Sorry I haven't had the chance to fiddle around with things as my short 7 hour shift turned into a +14 hours all day slog.

Different cars have a whole bunch of different things in their mirrors.ini files. Here's an example from one of "my own" mods, someone else's mod and another Kunos car. I can actually change the resolution on mine but it doesn't work quite as you'd hope or expect.

[MIRROR_0]
NAME=sea_leoncuprar_03_cockpit_mirrorL_mirrorLeft___56_vertices_54_faces
[MIRROR_1]
NAME=sea_leoncuprar_03_cockpit_interior_mirrorMiddle___43_vertices_71_faces
[MIRROR_2]
NAME=sea_leoncuprar_03_cockpit_mirrorR_mirrorRight___56_vertices_60_faces

[MIRROR_0]
NAME=MIRROR_LEFT
[MIRROR_1]
NAME=MIRROR_RIGHT
[MIRROR_2]
NAME=MIRROR_CENTER

[MIRROR_0]
NAME=GEO_MotorHood_SUB7
[MIRROR_1]
NAME=polymsh_detached120

Perhaps their rendering position is tied to the mesh data of the car. My last suggestion would be to copy one of the car's onboard camera position data - which you can find in cameras.ini - and paste it into mirrors.ini. You would have to rename it from [CAMERA_0] to [MIRROR_0] and chop off the useless bits. So for example the first onboard camera in the Tatuus is:

[CAMERA_0]
POSITION=0,0.92819,-0.34668
FORWARD=0,-0.38871,0.92129
UP=0,0.92135,0.38872
FOV=60
EXPOSURE=41
EXTERNAL_SOUND=1

and change it to just

[MIRROR_0]

Doubt it will work but worth a try I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mind blown. This is probably common knowledge but like an idiot I never realised that simply stretching the car and track lists sideways in Content Manager turns them into thumbnail previews. Awesome!

OpIcZg8.png

i4rqXqH.jpg

Mind blown. This is probably common knowledge but like an idiot I never realised that simply stretching the car and track lists sideways in Content Manager turns them into thumbnail previews. Awesome!

Likewise. I also just discovered this recently. :dopey: Yes makes CM even better.

OpIcZg8.png

i4rqXqH.jpg

I'm the idiot! I have know idea how to do this!? When I "stretch the car list sideways" I just end up with a big blank space......and you get a grid of car pictures......:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:.

:banghead:

I'm the idiot! I have know idea how to do this!? When I "stretch the car list sideways" I just end up with a big blank space......and you get a grid of car pictures......:dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:.

:banghead:
Just be careful where you 'grab' the screen. Move the mouse slowly to the left from the car list until the pointer changes, then grab and slide. ;)
You might want to make the whole window larger first.
Good luck!
Edit: this is all done after pressing the 'garage' icon in the 'drive' screen so that a list of cars comes up on the RHS of a new window. Don't select 'brands', select 'all'. Hope that makes sense.

Where did those Formula cars come from that have just been uploaded to Assetto Land?
They're scratch made and uploaded to Race Department, as @Silvio pointed out. Obviously, I would recommend downloading from RD if you're interested in them so you can receive update notifications. I've never tried them, but I know at least some of them have gotten rave reviews.
Thank you! :bowdown: :)👍 :cheers:
Let me know how that Alpine is. Are the tires really grippy? Does it come with slicks? I've downloaded so many different Alpine's and I've been disappointed with every single one of 'em. I really love that car too.
I just spent like an hour straight downloading damn near every car on AL's website :lol:
Try to make note of which ones are good and which ones are crap fantasy cars. My definition of crap fantasy cars is taking a beautiful 3d model and giving it completely non-realistics physics & performance attributes.

Like the Alpine, I haven't been able to find a proper Ferrari F430, which happens to be my 2nd favorite Ferrari (no car can replace the F40 :D). They're all too fast. They corner too well and/or brake too well. Instead of coming with Street & Semislicks, like a Kunos F430 would have, it's not uncommon to see slicks, or Hypercar Road & Trofeo tires. :rolleyes: Or, even if they do use Street of SM tires they're not realistic at all.

Try to make note of which ones are good and which ones are crap fantasy cars. My definition of crap fantasy cars is taking a beautiful 3d model and giving it completely non-realistics physics & performance attributes.

Like the Alpine, I haven't been able to find a proper Ferrari F430, which happens to be my 2nd favorite Ferrari (no car can replace the F40 :D). They're all too fast. They corner too well and/or brake too well. Instead of coming with Street & Semislicks, like a Kunos F430 would have, it's not uncommon to see slicks, or Hypercar Road & Trofeo tires. :rolleyes: Or, even if they do use Street of SM tires they're not realistic at all.

I agree mostly with this. But give the 458 Speciale from Markus Kass in AL's website a try. It has just been updated (I'm yet to try the updated version). I was blown away by it and it wasn't obnoxiously grippy. From the 458 onwards Ferraris are notorious to have really light and direct steering with some of the most sophisticated electronic diffs ever, don't be surprised if go-faster versions are ludicrous. Of course I've never driven such cars IRL, but I'm extrapolating what reviewers say about them and cross that information with the feeling of similar Kunos cars.

On the other hand both 355 and 360 (which don't have manuals, boooh!) feel grippier than they probably should because they're "old fashioned" and they are easier to control than the Speciale, which doesn't feel right to me

Last edited:
Let me know how that Alpine is. Are the tires really grippy? Does it come with slicks? I've downloaded so many different Alpine's and I've been disappointed with every single one of 'em. I really love that car too.
I'm sorry, but I can't really try it at the moment, AC currently isn't on my PC, because of HDD problems. :indiff: But I took a look into the zip file, and I can say it has 3 variations, even a race spec version, and it has a quite good skin collection! The model (judging from the previews) is great!

Once again, sorry. :guilty:

Sorry I haven't had the chance to fiddle around with things as my short 7 hour shift turned into a +14 hours all day slog.

Different cars have a whole bunch of different things in their mirrors.ini files. Here's an example from one of "my own" mods, someone else's mod and another Kunos car. I can actually change the resolution on mine but it doesn't work quite as you'd hope or expect.

Perhaps their rendering position is tied to the mesh data of the car. My last suggestion would be to copy one of the car's onboard camera position data - which you can find in cameras.ini - and paste it into mirrors.ini. You would have to rename it from [CAMERA_0] to [MIRROR_0] and chop off the useless bits. So for example the first onboard camera in the Tatuus is:

[CAMERA_0]
FORWARD=0,-0.38871,0.92129
UP=0,0.92135,0.38872
FOV=60
EXPOSURE=41
EXTERNAL_SOUND=1

and change it to just

[MIRROR_0]

Doubt it will work but worth a try I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tried a few of your position changes and was not able to move the rendered mirror image. I'm also thinking the mesh file may be connected directly to where the mirror renders. In the Formula K the mirror is definitely rendering using a "GEOMETRY 23" tag found in the mirrors.ini. So I suspect if I open up the mesh file there will be a mesh object titled "GEOMETRY 23" which is probably a flat piece of mesh. .....and maybe moving it will make the render move as well. Cheers! :cheers:

I finally got Reshade to work with Assetto Corsa in game. I played with the filters, and did a few races...

Then I uninstalled Reshade. Yes I had Assetto looking pretty good, but I just couldn't deal with the game running in 32 bit, and triggering Windows Defender warnings (due to an error I made when initially installing Reshade). I'll reinstall Reshade down the road, but for now, I am good.

I agree mostly with this. But give the 458 Speciale from Markus Kass in AL's website a try. It has just been updated (I'm yet to try the updated version). I was blown away by it and it wasn't obnoxiously grippy. From the 458 onwards Ferraris are notorious to have really light and direct steering with some of the most sophisticated electronic diffs ever, don't be surprised if go-faster versions are ludicrous. Of course I've never driven such cars IRL, but I'm extrapolating what reviewers say about them and cross that information with the feeling of similar Kunos cars.

On the other hand both 355 and 360 (which don't have manuals, boooh!) feel grippier than they probably should because they're "old fashioned" and they are easier to control than the Speciale, which doesn't feel right to me
Oh, I wasn't trying to say that all of the cars on Assetto Land were garage...far from it. There are many fantastic car mods.

I'm sorry, but I can't really try it at the moment, AC currently isn't on my PC, because of HDD problems. :indiff: But I took a look into the zip file, and I can say it has 3 variations, even a race spec version, and it has a quite good skin collection! The model (judging from the previews) is great!

Once again, sorry. :guilty:
Hmmm. I think I tried that one. The 3 variations sounds very familiar. If I'm remembering correctly, I did not like it and removed it.

So how exactly do you do it? Whenever I try to move it sideways it just moves the window the car/track is in over to the right :/
Move your mouse between the car names on the right and the car details on the left. Somewhere the mouse will allow you to adjust it. Then just drag it to the left and the names become previews.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back