Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,796 comments
1973 HOLDEN (AUS) MONARO HQ GTS BY UNCLE M

Drove the tuned version for quite a while, interior gauges don't work (might be a VR thing as they look 'custom'?) but drives nicely, it's fun to drive anyway, as it's 'tuned' it's reasonable for it to be a bit tidier. It's also not on stupid slick tyres which is nice.

I tried it as I think the HQ is a beautiful car. It is nice looking, but it is so dopey in its steering and handling, those front wheels seem to be off a shopping trolley and connected by string to the chassis. Forza is a great arcade console racer but these mods don't really work on PC. Thankfully there is the Aussie Legends HQ Monaro on rfactor2 that is a beast and has all its 1970s race mates over too.

I've taken liberties downloading some of Assetto Land's mods. I don't understand Velo's fascination with grippy tires, I mean the Alpine wouldn't move an inch. A 70's rear engined car that didn't let the rear end go in any circumstance? Yeah, sure.

But there are some nice surprises there like the Acura NSX STCC for example. And I was surprised with a Ferrari 458 Speciale, probably a little bit too grippy and when the roads get bumpy the rear end loses weight out of nowhere and sends you to the wall. Otherwise pretty good. And the F12tdf was fantastic as well. The steering was it's weakest point, super direct like it should but the feedback isn't very linear which is a shame.

I tried it as I think the HQ is a beautiful car. It is nice looking, but it is so dopey in its steering and handling, those front wheels seem to be off a shopping trolley and connected by string to the chassis. Forza is a great arcade console racer but these mods don't really work on PC. Thankfully there is the Aussie Legends HQ Monaro on rfactor2 that is a beast and has all its 1970s race mates over too.

I've taken liberties downloading some of Assetto Land's mods. I don't understand Velo's fascination with grippy tires, I mean the Alpine wouldn't move an inch. A 70's rear engined car that didn't let the rear end go in any circumstance? Yeah, sure.

But there are some nice surprises there like the Acura NSX STCC for example. And I was surprised with a Ferrari 458 Speciale, probably a little bit too grippy and when the roads get bumpy the rear end loses weight out of nowhere and sends you to the wall. Otherwise pretty good. And the F12tdf was fantastic as well. The steering was it's weakest point, super direct like it should but the feedback isn't very linear which is a shame.

Since you both sound like 2 guys who know what they are talking about, with a great understanding on how a particular car should behave it would be great and should be easy for you to correct them. All you need to do is open the data folder and make them behave like you think they should. We will all be eternally grateful for your contribution to our community.:)

I treat almost all car mods as simcade opportunities to drive cars that are otherwise unobtainable in the game. Occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised by ones that are on a par with original content, but the rest I just accept them for what they are.

I'll say this though: I've had as much fun with 'bad' mods that some purists would turn their noses up at as I have with highly-rated ones.

Was that the stock one or the tuned one? At the moment I've only driven the 'tuned' one.

Personally I thought it handled fairly predictably, the brakes were maybe a bit too good, but I forgave that as it being the 'tuned' version. I did find it required more steering lock than expected to catch slides (especially at low speed) which surprised me again, as some mods have lots of angle in there just so you can drift it / catch almost any slide more easily.

If the stock version is a bit of an understeery boat, to be honest I'd take that as probably quite representative, I mean, we are talking a 45 year old GM muscle car?

With regards to Forza, as a software developer I cannot see how it is anything other than the 3D models that are ripped, the physics will be created (presumably) based on tweaking a vaguely similar car.

Totally agree with Masscot, if a 'bad' mod is fun to drive, to me it's not a bad mod, it's just not very accurate.

So, I met smallblockhero a few nights ago - we chatted for a while - really nice guy. I'm sure everyone has at least a mod or two that he's done. He's part of the team that releases those AC Legends packs (I think the other guy is Bazza). Anyway, he recently re-touched his 1970 Chevy Corvette LT-1 mod and I thought it was a blast to drive. It sounds pretty sweet when you stomp on it, too. I forgot to ask him why he left TM7 tires on the vehicle. That's about the only negative I can think of, if you want to call it a negative. Anyway, check it out if you like older muscle cars:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e4fvx3i01rx228f/1970Vette_Redux2018.7z

Do you know if there are any other muscle car mods he's done (I have and love the AC Legends packs), a big field of 60s / 70s muscle cars is easily one of my favourite things.

Was that the stock one or the tuned one? At the moment I've only driven the 'tuned' one.

Yeah it was the stock Monaro. It had no brakes, as you'd expect but very twitchy steering. Nice dash though! I enjoy the console games and their cars for what they are, and just to have all the Oz content is great, they just don't port over that well. Porsches for courses I guess. I prefer the fidelity that PCs afford, hence the Oz Legends mod, the XB-XC Falcons, Torannas, Chargers and Monaro are really well done.

I assume Sweet FX and Reshade are pointless in VR?

What's the cleanest way to get rid of them? Reshade is unnecessarily slowing down my load times.

Last edited:

I feel exactly the same way. I've been waiting for a good mod of that Alpine for a lot time. I think it comes with slicks as an available tire. :rolleyes: I've installed and deleted that model Alpine so many times. I had to explain to him several months back that he needed to subtract powertrain loss when creating the power.lut files. I'm happy to say it appears he always does that now. But the tires...ugh. I've tried fixing it myself with v10 tires borrowed from another car and I've spent hours tweaking them...but I think the suspension needs work too since it's now riding on old tires from my replacing.

That's definitely old, old stuff.

If you check Assetto Land you'll see there are a couple of Vette's and something else recently updated. They're AC Legend cars, so you can grab 'em now or wait for them to release a full new pack. That LT-1 Vette smallblockhero made has been a car I can't stop driving the last few days. I love it!

If you check Assetto Land you'll see there are a couple of Vette's and something else recently updated. They're AC Legend cars, so you can grab 'em now or wait for them to release a full new pack. That LT-1 Vette smallblockhero made has been a car I can't stop driving the last few days. I love it!
Watch out, I *think* the classic Stingray tries to overwrite the more modern Kunos one when dragged in using CM.
I wish modders would give more thought to their naming protocols as I've come across this same situation several times. How hard is it to add a year to the title, or model specifics to uniquely identify it? /rant

Edit: Knockhill 2017 has been deleted from RD while an argument about ownership rages, but it's still available on that arse-ache DepositFiles site here https://dfiles.eu/files/gkmmfsa9u

Last edited:
I feel exactly the same way. I've been waiting for a good mod of that Alpine for a lot time. I think it comes with slicks as an available tire. :rolleyes: I've installed and deleted that model Alpine so many times. I had to explain to him several months back that he needed to subtract powertrain loss when creating the power.lut files. I'm happy to say it appears he always does that now. But the tires...ugh. I've tried fixing it myself with v10 tires borrowed from another car and I've spent hours tweaking them...but I think the suspension needs work too since it's now riding on old tires from my replacing.

Totally agree here as well, presumably he's just reacting to other people's feedback as well though, I can only assume that they've previously made mods that understeer and don't have any brakes and ride on vintages 60s tyres, and they probably just had loads of complaints about how the cars "don't turn" or are a crap mod, because it's slow...

It's a real shame.

This is supposed to be good.

26814989_1556377207732177_6670016767881309984_n.jpg

26677814_1556389041064327_3800168073546672834_o.jpg

Been following the progress of this one. Not had a chance to drive it myself yet, but hopes are quite high. Anyone want to try it and comment?

http://acmods.net/cars/nismo-r33-gt-r-lm/

Assetto-Corsa-Nismo-R33-GT-R-LM-768x432.jpg

NISMO R33 GT-R LM
Specs:
437BHP
391NM
1080KG
Top Speed 200mph
3D model: Forza Horizon 3.
3D work: Mike Rudland, Nathan Biddlecombe, Timo Ha & Nabaoui Bouhabbadi.
Model into game: Nathan Biddlecombe.
Physics: Mike Rudland with help from R33 owners.
Sounds: Timo Ha.
AO and UVmapping: Nabaoui Bouhabbadi.
Template 2k: Nabaoui Bouhabbadi.
Custom Nismo Plates: Maalouf Krajzler.

The DBS and the Alpine suffers a lot from way to grippy tires. Ok, they're modern tires, but still. I have to find time and balls to tweak the files.

Watch out, I *think* the classic Stingray tries to overwrite the more modern Kunos one when dragged in using CM.
I wish modders would give more thought to their naming protocols as I've come across this same situation several times. How hard is it to add a year to the title, or model specifics to uniquely identify it? /rant

Edit: Knockhill 2017 has been deleted from RD while an argument about ownership rages, but it's still available on that arse-ache DepositFiles site here https://dfiles.eu/files/gkmmfsa9u
Oh no! I hope I didn't mess up anyone's car list. I just checked mine and I'm okay, but if someone got messed from my post please let me know and I will promptly punch myself in the 'nads.

I know exactly how you feel about modders & file tagging. It's not hard to label the name of the file properly...plus, take the 12 seconds to properly tag the car in Content Manager. Some people do this, which is cool.

Recommend this mod for the Porsche 935. It sounds awesome.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-935-78-sound-mod.12686/
I'll give it a try. I think the Porsche 935 sounds pretty awesome to begin with, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Normally I don't even bother with sound mods and that's only because I usually have no clue as to what the real thing sounds like in the first place. Plus, not many cars bother me (sound wise) and as far as Kunos models are concerned, not too many models have crap sound. The oldest of cars sometimes do.

Does it also make it turn and/or stop? :lol:
Pfft. I have a hard time with this thing too. It's unique. That's for sure. :lol:

The DBS and the Alpine suffers a lot from way to grippy tires. Ok, they're modern tires, but still. I have to find time and balls to tweak the files.
I don't think I've tried the DBS...at least, I haven't tried one in many months. The Alpine I've been following everywhere hoping someone will get it right. I fell in love with the look of that car in GT6. If you're able to give the Alpine a realistic set of tires, please let me know. Heck, I should have probably just tried the Replace Tires feature in CM...put some Vintage tires on her and then tweak from there. I've always got 10 things going on at once - plus I'd like to leave myself some time to actually drive in AC. :lol:

I don't think I've tried the DBS...at least, I haven't tried one in many months. The Alpine I've been following everywhere hoping someone will get it right. I fell in love with the look of that car in GT6. If you're able to give the Alpine a realistic set of tires, please let me know. Heck, I should have probably just tried the Replace Tires feature in CM...put some Vintage tires on her and then tweak from there. I've always got 10 things going on at once - plus I'd like to leave myself some time to actually drive in AC. :lol:

You should try the DBS, feels amazing to drive.
I don't think a tyre fix is enough because the car feels so planted, it should feel somewhat similar to a 911 and it just doesn't. It doesn't get unbalanced when trail brankig, it doesn't snap in wild oversteer when I'm not careful with my right foot. It feels better than some modern race cars. Only by February I have some time to actually do reasearch and try do modify some values.

I'll give it a try. I think the Porsche 935 sounds pretty awesome to begin with, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

It's definitely worth it, whilst I agree the stock 935 sounds good, the turbo comes alive with that sound mod, it's a monster!

So I'm starting to explore the Kunos Formula K "Open Code" Developer Car data/lut/bank files to gain a general knowledge of how they all work together. Quick question: Does anybody know what files are used to place and position the rear view mirror animations? It's not important that I actually eliminate the physical mirror in the mesh file of the car, I just want to be able to duplicate or eliminate the animation and relocate it somewhere else closer to my filed of view. Similar to what is done in the Kunos SCG 003C cockpit..............:confused: Cheers!

formula-k-cockpit-002.jpg

I've only experimented with adjusting their resolution, field of view and the likes, but not looked at changing their position. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Don't get your hopes up, I'm not a computer coder or modder, just someone who likes to rip everything apart and see how it all works.

Edit: Had a quick look at the Tatuus' data files before bed. There's no position data in the mirrors.ini file but there are in the car.ini file, under the graphics section. Make a copy of the original file and then try tweaking the bolded line:

[GRAPHICS]
DRIVEREYES=0.00180054,0.651203,-0.0845753
ONBOARD_EXPOSURE=38
OUTBOARD_EXPOSURE=30
ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=-2.251533
BUMPER_CAMERA_POS=0.000000,0.651203,2.000000
BONNET_CAMERA_POS=0.000000,0.700000,0.100000

MIRROR_POSITION=0.0,1.0,0.5 ; Position used to render the mirror
VIRTUAL_MIRROR_ENABLED=1
SHAKE_MUL=1.5 ; Camera onboard G forces multiplier
USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=1
FUEL_LIGHT_MIN_LITERS=3
BUMPER_CAMERA_PITCH=0.000000
BONNET_CAMERA_PITCH=-3.999933
CHASE_CAMERA_PITCH=0

Last edited:
I've only experimented with adjusting their resolution, field of view and the likes, but not looked at changing their position. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Don't get your hopes up, I'm not a computer coder or modder, just someone who likes to rip everything apart and see how it all works.

Edit: Had a quick look at the Tatuus' data files before bed. There's no position data in the mirrors.ini file but there are in the car.ini file, under the graphics section. Make a copy of the original file and then try tweaking the bolded line:

[GRAPHICS]
DRIVEREYES=0.00180054,0.651203,-0.0845753
ONBOARD_EXPOSURE=38
OUTBOARD_EXPOSURE=30
ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=-2.251533
BUMPER_CAMERA_POS=0.000000,0.651203,2.000000
BONNET_CAMERA_POS=0.000000,0.700000,0.100000

MIRROR_POSITION=0.0,1.0,0.5 ; Position used to render the mirror
VIRTUAL_MIRROR_ENABLED=1
SHAKE_MUL=1.5 ; Camera onboard G forces multiplier
USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=1
FUEL_LIGHT_MIN_LITERS=3
BUMPER_CAMERA_PITCH=0.000000
BONNET_CAMERA_PITCH=-3.999933
CHASE_CAMERA_PITCH=0

I tried a few different MIRROR_POSITION values here, and it appears like those values change what the mirror sees......... "Position used to render the mirror".............but not "Position used to LOCATE the mirror. We'll get this figured out!

Thanks for your assist! :cheers:

EDIT: I discovered that in the "mirrors.ini" file a text line: "NAME=Geometry23" in the Formula K data folder. By changing that text to "GeometryXX" where "XX" is a random number.......the rear view mirrors go blank in cockpit. That leads me to believe that somewhere in the car files there is a "Geometry23" set of variables that define where and what the mirrors render.....in theory.......? :confused:

Last edited:
I tried a few different MIRROR_POSITION values here, and it appears like those values change what the mirror sees......... "Position used to render the mirror".............but not "Position used to LOCATE the mirror. We'll get this figured out!

I did some test myself, altering values in MIRROR_POSITION=0.0,1.0,0.5 ; Position used to render the mirror, only the first value (0.0) seems to have any results, acting as if moving the mirror from side to side.
What did you find?

I did some test myself, altering values in MIRROR_POSITION=0.0,1.0,0.5 ; Position used to render the mirror, only the first value (0.0) seems to have any results, acting as if moving the mirror from side to side.
What did you find?

I haven't found that the first value has any effect on the Formula K. I deleted that entire line of instruction.....and the mirrors still seem to operate just fine......:eek:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back