Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,023 comments
Here silly, we talk at rd:D
source.gif

Thanks! Let me know what you think!
Just ran a lap of LA canyons on the street tire. What blast. Great car. If it drives like that in real life I can see why the magazines love them. Now can we just get a clio 172/182/Trophy to go with it;)

What is new about it?
Screenshot_audi_90_quattro_imsa_gto_1989_ks_brands_hatch_1-4-120-3-3-23.png

Some new features ;

- Solid improvements to physics based on advice and feedback from Shaun Clarke regarding the Steering Ratio and Kuznetsov Anton regarding Brakes.

- Custom, impeccable VAO by RealAKP adding an extra layer of detail, shading and polish.

- Fantastic animations for hood and boot showing the internals of this marvellous piece of engineering and wiper animations making the car ready for wet weather racing.

- Improved the physics too with tyres and aero changes.

- Added several interior 3d objects, added temperature digital gauge, fixed 3d object for temperature and fuel digital gauges.

- Added and improved new textures, 3d materials, added new racing seat, new brake disks and seat belts. bump mapped whole interior, added wheel blur.

- Many new CSP features. improved all skins and AO baked.

- Changed colour scheme for custom paints, added illuminated dials, tweaked lights, improved exhaust shake in line with RPM.

- Removed some low quality reflections from windscreen and improved glass 3d material.

- Realigned several 3d objects to reduce seams, split objects to help with VAO and improved all engine bay and boot internals, so they look good on close inspection.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
View attachment 904617

Some new features ;

- Solid improvements to physics based on advice and feedback from Shaun Clarke regarding the Steering Ratio and Kuznetsov Anton regarding Brakes.

- Custom, impeccable VAO by RealAKP adding an extra layer of detail, shading and polish.

- Fantastic animations for hood and boot showing the internals of this marvellous piece of engineering and wiper animations making the car ready for wet weather racing.

- Added several interior 3d objects, added temperature digital gauge, fixed 3d object for temperature and fuel digital gauges.

- Added and improved new textures, 3d materials, added new racing seat, new brake disks and seat belts. bump mapped whole interior, added wheel blur.

- Changed colour scheme for custom paints, added illuminated dials, tweaked lights, improved exhaust shake in line with RPM.

- Removed some low quality reflections from windscreen and improved glass 3d material.

- Realigned several 3d objects to reduce seams, split objects to help with VAO and improved all engine bay and boot internals, so they look good on close inspection.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:👍:cheers:

Curious on this group feeling about this constant updating free offering.
I have downloaded those car more often that I ever drove them.
So fake updating but real advertising or real updating?
Have you felt anything different with this or any other recent update?
It is free, so I have no issue with it, but I have not noticed any difference, have you?

We are at page 958, I believe we will be reaching page 1000 before the week end, this group is on fire!
They do make changes which bring more accurate calculations, but it's analogous to comparing rF2 to AC. Yeah rF2 has more variables calculated but the actual driving experience is pretty much the same.

If anyone was wondering what the main differences are in the two Alfa Giulietta Spiders were:
They added a deforming hood in extension and they also added lods to the model. Both of which can easily be adopted to the TC Legends version if you wanted to. As far as I can see it still has the really loose suspension.
Also seems to be a different GUIDs in the sfx folder too.

I updated my version and will upload once again after testing lods and hood deformities.

Last edited:
Suzuka 2020 on racedepartment is an april's fool joke.
Don't download it, but most importantly, don't delete the proper suzuka to try this one.
HA!
I was going to say the same thing. Although I never installed it. I just looked in the folder and was like, no way this is a track.
What did it do? Did you install it?

Updated Alpha Romeo Giulietta Spider BoP'd to run with TC Legends Pack
Added LODs, adjusted steering and suspension to make it yet less wavy on track, adjusted tyre specs, adjusted bodywork so it wasn't slammed to the ground on track (more like what the preview indicates), added hood deformity.
Has 5 gears and adjustable final.
preview (1).jpg This does not overwrite the other car from Panda.

View attachment 904617

Some new features ;

Not gonna lie, this for me is at the moment the best drive experience in AC, and that means in all sim racing. I've put together a solid field of 22 cars (1989 GTO season, I think there are 10 or 11 different cars in total), BOP-ed them with CM ballast and restrict settings so they run close to each other on virtually any track (tested on some 15 USA tracks at least), and it is a blast to drive and especially race. Some are faster on fast, some on technical tracks. The races I had on mid Ohio and Watkins Glenn are probably the best ai races I had in a long time. If anyone wants, I can post here how I balanced them and where I got all the cars. To save people the trouble of doing this themselves.

Not gonna lie, this for me is at the moment the best drive experience in AC, and that means in all sim racing. I've put together a solid field of 22 cars (1989 GTO season, I think there are 10 or 11 different cars in total), BOP-ed them with CM ballast and restrict settings so they run close to each other on virtually any track (tested on some 15 USA tracks at least), and it is a blast to drive and especially race. Some are faster on fast, some on technical tracks. The races I had on mid Ohio and Watkins Glenn are probably the best ai races I had in a long time. If anyone wants, I can post here how I balanced them and where I got all the cars. To save people the trouble of doing this themselves.
Yes please

I had a CM update... but I did have it set to 'load untested builds'. Maybe I won't be so brave with that setting after today.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any CSP updates for a few days.

Finally got back on the road by restoring everything except my car and track folders back to my last backup from Marxch 23rd. Still have no idea what was actually behind this latest glitch, but I'm now going to avoid any Content Manager updates until I've heard they're bug free.

I've also got no idea what other things I've lost from the last week, but at least I'm able to drive again! :)

AM2 is an insta purchase, £24.99 seems reasonable to me. I know it will never match AC for sheer amount of things to do but in lockdown AM2 is worth it just to see if it is anywhere near like AM1 FFB wise....

Personally, and it is just my opinion.... i found the idea of using PC2 madness engine a very bizarre idea, but hey so long as it drives well.

Finally got back on the road by restoring everything except my car and track folders back to my last backup from Marxch 23rd. Still have no idea what was actually behind this latest glitch, but I'm now going to avoid any Content Manager updates until I've heard they're bug free.

I've also got no idea what other things I've lost from the last week, but at least I'm able to drive again! :)

My AC/CM install has just magically fooked itself yet again. Currently throwing every single toy I have out of the pram.

The only thing I did between it working and not working was go into CM Showroom and try to alter the interior colour of a car. In the 'Paint Shop', it said I first need to update to Magick 7.0.4-x86. I installed that as instructed (through the Paint Shop UI)... and then my install was cooked.

For more reasons unknown, removing the Magick install from the extensions folder is not enough to fix the problem.

Toys now in orbit.

EDIT: I may have found the problem. It's MR | MIKE's latest SFX file from RD. If I take that out, things seem to work. I think. :nervous:

Last edited:
Elio - are you with ASR?
I'm wondering if its even worth trying the rev mod on RD for the 492A 1.0
Modder says his source is his 2012 Ferrari. ok :ouch:
if you saw what i wrote in the 412 T2 rework, i said that the book is a Ferrari specs database so, the reliability of the source is 100%

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back