Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,970 comments
There's also a version of Spa with lights on Discord, apparently..?
Edit:, ah, I see there's a megapack with patches for all Kunos tracks. Amazing!

Edit 2: nope, still can't work out how to activate the lights. :confused:

Last edited:
There's also a version of Spa with lights on Discord, apparently..?
Edit:, ah, I see there's a megapack with patches for all Kunos tracks. Amazing!

Edit 2: nope, still can't work out how to activate the lights. :confused:
What weather are you using, black night works fine for me in VR
58941061548F548504BD85C59DED57C932EF640A

The VAO patches do not add lights where none are present. They add only shading improvements to the tracks (night and day). I currently am not aware of a version of Spa that adds lights, but I certainly would be interested in one.

I don't know what the heck VAO is... Why aren't there file extensions on the end of those files you listed? I have no idea what I'm supposed to DO with them.

I need some instructions please @Cote Dazur.
I dropped the correct file into the Drift track as a test but it was still as dark as a bear's chutney pipe. No track lights at all.
I can help with Lemans, but not drift track, I just don't drift, never used the track, don't know if it has lights or not..

I can help with Lemans, but not drift track, I just don't drift, never used the track, don't know if it has lights or not..
Aha. So the files you linked don't add lights to tracks, they add baked shadows?
That's why there's no lights on the drift track then.
(I hate drifting, that's why I tried that track. If it went wrong and turned to dog dirt I wouldn't give a stuff).
What confused me was I asked for the night version of Spa and you responded with those links, lol. :lol:
I thought all the Kunos tracks had had lights added by some clever chap.

Are there any performance hits? Before/after images?

There's definitely a Spa with lights, someone posted a video on RD. That's the track I was looking for.

Last edited:
Aha. So the files you linked don't add lights to tracks, they add baked shadows?
That's why there's no lights on the drift track then.
(I hate drifting, that's why I tried that track. If it went wrong and turned to dog dirt I wouldn't give a stuff).

Are there any performance hits? Before/after images?

There's definitely a Spa with lights, someone posted a video on RD.

all the track with lights are here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks. they come with the light shader from X4fab, I did not put them there, I can also see drift in the list.

I don't know what the heck VAO is... Why aren't there file extensions on the end of those files you listed? I have no idea what I'm supposed to DO with them.
then you need to go to the discord channel,
https://discord.gg/FEztNRE

all the info is also here, first post, https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...cing-in-ac-possible-working-headlights.49822/

when taken step by step, it is quite easy and straight forward and the rewards are worth the efforts, you get AC2.5 for free.
If this old dog can do it, every body can.:dopey:

This the post from ShredatorFIN on the support forum.
1. Download Content Manager:

https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

To get the full version, make a donation (any amount will do) for x4fab, the guy behind CM and shaders. He deserves it.

2. Install a weather mod, with 24h time support:

Content Manager allows using times of day outside default AC's 8:00-18:00. It also allows loading tailor-made cloud textures, lighting and PP filters, for each condition.

For example, two good options:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto4seasons.21408/

Follow the installation instructions of respective mods.

3. Install custom shaders:

https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights

In addition to night racing, they allow other cool stuff, like

- Visual tyre flex
- Working cockpit lighting
- Different color headlights depending on car
- Mirrors that work more like real mirrors (viewpoint moves when you move, TrackIR or VR)
- Support for working odometers, clocks and other dash instruments (Odometer requires Stereos odometer app)
- Working frog-eye lights (like F40) that gradually lift up
- Working blinkers (currently enabled in very low speed turns, for selected test cars)
- Headlights break with damage
- Possibility for full track lighting

Some of this works only in beta version of the shaders (soon to be released v0.1.23).
If you want them early, head to shaders Discord: https://discord.gg/FEztNRE

In Discord, see channels

#updates -- Latest beta version of Custom Shaders patch
#configs-library -- Track lights (optional)
#vertex-ao-library -- If you want to test experimental per-vertex Ambient Occlusion (optional, not related to night racing, but track ambient shadows)

Put track light configs into: steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/tracks
Put AO configs into: steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/vao-patches

@Masscot you mean this drift track? :mischievous:
9042416F9ACFF125578E33E360930AC47FBAA769

Last edited:
Ahhhh... Thank you, @Cote Dazur - I haven't been quite on top of everything new and funky in Assetto Corsa world. I appreciate it. Vertex Ambient Occlusion = VAO? I had no idea this was even a thing...I thought it was just that Shaders Light Patch "mod" and that's it. I joined the Discord channel to try and keep abreast of what's going on inside ilja's mad scientist brain. :lol: Oh, and I just found out that he has a Patreon page. I've never used that service before, but I figured I would try it out with x4fab. I can't think of anyone more deserving. 👍

Oh, before I forget. Is there a single place where individual VAO patches can be found? Or do I have to slowly scroll through #vertex-ao-library? :boggled:

Ahhhh... Thank you, @Cote Dazur - I haven't been quite on top of everything new and funky in Assetto Corsa world. I appreciate it. Vertex Ambient Occlusion = VAO? I had no idea this was even a thing...I thought it was just that Shaders Light Patch "mod" and that's it. I joined the Discord channel to try and keep abreast of what's going on inside ilja's mad scientist brain. :lol: Oh, and I just found out that he has a Patreon page. I've never used that service before, but I figured I would try it out with x4fab. I can't think of anyone more deserving. 👍

Oh, before I forget. Is there a single place where individual VAO patches can be found? Or do I have to slowly scroll through #vertex-ao-library? :boggled:
Vertex-ao-library and the mega pack I posted earlier s where they are.

all the track with lights are here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks. they come with the light shader from X4fab, I did not put them there, I can also see drift in the list.
I've got no list of tracks at that location. How do I install them?
Edit: okay, I've found the thread with the tracks. Are they compiled somewhere or do they need to be picked individually from the thread? And do you just drag the zip file into CM?
Must admit I'm a little confused.

Last edited:
**v0.1.23-preview66**

*Bugs fixing time!*

• Reflections and semi-transparent surfaces in rear view mirror fixed;
• Speculars in rear view mirror fixed (as in, properly removed);
• Custom textures in Tyres FX fixed (they won’t affect track anymore);
• Real Mirrors: option to only render visible mirrors, virtual mirror fixed (apart from adaptive mirrors);
• Starting lights cast light;
• New INPUT for conditions, for race flags;
• New common conditions, `ALWAYS_ON` and `RACING_FLAG`;
• Option with −193 for emissive parts of projected lights now works for ksPerPixelAT shader too;
• Logarithmic addition for dynamic lights (kind of), to decrease over-lit areas.

I've got no list of tracks at that location. How do I install them?
Edit: okay, I've found the thread with the tracks. Are they compiled somewhere or do they need to be picked individually from the thread? And do you just drag the zip file into CM?
Must admit I'm a little confused.
Never mind, I worked it out.
Amazing stuff!

^^ beware, that car is one mofo of a resource hog. I normally run 20+ grids of GT cars (Kunos and mods) and maintain a solid 45/ASW starting from the back, and that's with Ilja's shader mod. I can only race against TWO of these Porsche 991.2 GT3 RS 2019s before my FR tanks.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back