Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,059 comments
It is in custom shaders discussion.
Just moaning about 'rips'.

There's a bit of moaning about the NSX having crap physics and being nothing like what a GT3 NSX should feel like....but how would anyone actually know what one would feel like unless they have actually driven one. I mean I'm assuming those that are moaning aren't professional GT3 racers as I doubt they'd have time to moan about stuff in Discord if they were :lol:

Cool, thanks mate. I wasn't sure where to look but of course a kunos car would have been the best place. I'm new to this editing lods stuff lol
Car editing isn´t my best either. :)
And I think you shouldn´t use this value´s slavishly. Big car´s should imo use higher value´s. Imo these are meters and a small car like the Bac Mono isn´t hardly seeable in 2000 m distance. ;)
I would use them more like guidelines, but more versatile car modders could have better value´s. :)

In the particles_fx.ini file you'll see these lines.

[FIREWORKS]
ENABLED=1 ; Active; 1 or 0
BEHAVIOUR=4 ; Behaviour; 1 for always active, 2 for only on holidays, 4 for after the finish, 6 for on holidays and after the finish

EDIT: Nevermind! You can find it in Setting>Custom Shader Patch>Particles FX in CM. No need to edit ini files!
I did all that but sadly it doesn't work for me on any track and on any setting, no fireworks at all.

I did all that but sadly it doesn't work for me on any track and on any setting, no fireworks at all.
Try this:
upload_2020-2-11_14-40-1.png

Car editing isn´t my best either. :)
And I think you shouldn´t use this value´s slavishly. Big car´s should imo use higher value´s. Imo these are meters and a small car like the Bac Mono isn´t hardly seeable in 2000 m distance. ;)
I would use them more like guidelines, but more versatile car modders could have better value´s. :)

To be fair I only know about LODs from GTA V modding and how people used to moan about a car vanishing from a few metres away and it not having any LODs. I'm kinda feeling a bit dumb but are they only useful when you race other cars in AC? As I guess if they don't have LODs they vanish the further down the field they get?

But yeah I'll take your advice and if I need to do any more I'll apply that as it seems useful for sure :cheers:

To be fair I only know about LODs from GTA V modding and how people used to moan about a car vanishing from a few metres away and it not having any LODs. I'm kinda feeling a bit dumb but are they only useful when you race other cars in AC? As I guess if they don't have LODs they vanish the further down the field they get?

But yeah I'll take your advice and if I need to do any more I'll apply that as it seems useful for sure :cheers:
Lot exactly like in GTA V. AC leave the car models mostly visible, but without LOD´s you have to race against high polygon car models.
You can see the different LOD´s from a car in CM.
I made some screenshot:
LOD1
upload_2020-2-11_14-51-19.png

LOD2
upload_2020-2-11_14-51-33.png

LOD3
upload_2020-2-11_14-52-15.png

And here the full car model
upload_2020-2-11_14-53-18.png

Cars in the distance aren´t so detailed and therefore less fps consuming. :)

So did the Mono lods transfer successfully?

Looks like it yeah. Tried a race with 20 Monos and all of the AI were visible. I'll send the tweaked version your way. Do you need the whole thing or just the new data.acd and the lods??

but how would anyone actually know what one would feel like

Keeping in mind that there is a big gap between what we feel in a SIM, also largely dependent on how we experience our SIM (DD, VR, tactile, motion, etc...) and what actually sitting in one of those monster feels like IRL.

I am confident that the NSX GT3 in ACC is the closest we can get.
Aris and the Kunos team have spent a lot of time acquiring the proper data and have discussed with the drivers, have those driver test their car and Aris even drove some of those GT3 monster on track.

Therefore any ( major) difference between the ACC NSX GT3 and the mod could be deemed as not accurate. The GT3's in ACC are my reference.:)

Keeping in mind that there is a big gap between what we feel in a SIM, also largely dependent on how we experience our SIM (DD, VR, tactile, motion, etc...) and what actually sitting in one of those monster feels like IRL.

I am confident that the NSX GT3 in ACC is the closest we can get.
Aris and the Kunos team have spent a lot of time acquiring the proper data and have discussed with the drivers, have those driver test their car and Aris even drove some of those GT3 monster on track.

Therefore any ( major) difference between the ACC NSX GT3 and the mod could be deemed as not accurate. The GT3's in ACC are my reference.:)

Oh absolutely and of course it's always gonna be a subjective thing depending on a lot of factors just as you said. I was aiming my comments at those people moaning in the Discord about physics being crap when they more than likely don't have any experience of anything to compare it to and should just be happy we have a car that is 'probably' the closest we can get in AC as far as realism and handling of a GT3 NSX goes.
I mean I'd understand it if it really was crap but from the way it drives and handles it feels pretty damn good to me.

Oh absolutely and of course it's always gonna be a subjective thing depending on a lot of factors just as you said. I was aiming my comments at those people moaning in the Discord about physics being crap when they more than likely don't have any experience of anything to compare it to and should just be happy we have a car that is 'probably' the closest we can get in AC as far as realism and handling of a GT3 NSX goes.
I mean I'd understand it if it really was crap but from the way it drives and handles it feels pretty damn good to me.
It feels fine to me too, looks great and as you said the closest we probably can get in AC.
We are lucky to have it.:gtpflag:

Google "What the Font" and try that out (I think different sites might feature it). I often successfully find a match, or something that's close enough.

Tried that but it just gave me big blocky fonts which aren't the right ones...it's cool for now as the skin I'm working on uses a different way of adding numbers and logos so I'm trying to figure that out now lol

I don't know why more modders don't use the excellent feature of CM that lets you copy materials and shader parameters from Kunos cars and apply them to their mods. Seems like an easy and foolproof method of letting Kunos do all the hard work with excellent results.
So I know how to use CM to swap materials among the materials within the car open in CM but I don't know how to swap material/textures from another car into the car you're trying to edit in CM. Is there some method I'm unaware of to do that? Is there a previous post or page link I can visit that describes that process?

Pessio Garage RD1 "Porknose" BETA
Built from scratch to pay homage to the formula of the 60s and as a gift to the RaceDepartment community, the RD1 is in effect a F1 car from the late 1960s, but with more modern technologies and driveability.
Built on a tube frame, just little bigger to comfortably accommodate even taller drivers, it's powered by a generous but easy to mantain Ford 302, paired with a Quaife transaxle, a replica of the ZF mounted on the Ford GT40.
Modern shock absorbers and brakes, combined with better performing compounds, make the RD1 easier to drive, remaining extremely fun and exciting.

This time, had fun with animations; you can see throttles moving in stacks, and, little bonus, you can add or remove meshes from stacks in setup.

BETA
LODs missing, will be a terrible work i suppose

1.jpg rrr3.jpg rrr4.jpg rrr5.jpg rrr.jpg rrr2.jpg 2.jpg

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pessio-garage-rd1-porknose.30886/

Does anHello to all,
I'm looking for these circuits:
arese
shibuya light (I own it but at night the lights don't turn on)
monticello
french riviera
Oschersleben

Thanks so much

Like Old F1 Cars:
Safety car ??? :)

That's exactly what we do ;) but, as you said, the 3D model has issues since its conversion and, as far as I know, there are no others around. So we had to stick with this conversion and try our best.
I hope that you like at least the way it drives, that is actually what our reworks are about, in the first place.
Could you explain how this is done? (How do I replace shaders in CM?)

i hope im not speaking on a known issue already, but in the new CSP patch, it said they completely redid brakes and how they look/glow and how they ware out. and something about new carbon brakes!

so i tested them. no matter if the brake is steel or carbon they come out as dark black pucks . i tested mostly kunos cars so i know it wasn't some mod weirdness. i would then put the car in AI mode while i was in VR. so the AI started driving the car for me. i would get out of my car in VR while it was being driven by the AI (motion sickness city) and i would sit down by the front wheel at watch the brake rotor, it always stayed black, like pitch black with no reflection or anything, and during heavy braking all the glowing effects are now gone. both carbon and steel brakes do this. i tested all types of cars. The rotors all show up perfect in custom showroom so it really confused me. any fixes??

i hope im not speaking on a known issue already, but in the new CSP patch, it said they completely redid brakes and how they look/glow and how they ware out. and something about new carbon brakes!

so i tested them. no matter if the brake is steel or carbon they come out as dark black pucks . i tested mostly kunos cars so i know it wasn't some mod weirdness. i would then put the car in AI mode while i was in VR. so the AI started driving the car for me. i would get out of my car in VR while it was being driven by the AI (motion sickness city) and i would sit down by the front wheel at watch the brake rotor, it always stayed black, like pitch black with no reflection or anything, and during heavy braking all the glowing effects are now gone. both carbon and steel brakes do this. i tested all types of cars. The rotors all show up perfect in custom showroom so it really confused me. any fixes??

~Yeah it's a problem with the latest CSP version. For now the only fix is to disable Brake Disc FX in the settings

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back