Attachments

• 1000.jpg
    1000.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 10
Aaah, who cares. ;)
Happy easter:
View attachment 909567

Monaco Faux '72

Most lights in config from @leBluem, other changes in ini from Jonah Hax and me, changes in track from nobody and me.
Old tarmac as skin (66) still available, reverb sound now working, extra pool water added too. Take a bath... after hot racing. ;)

New crowd added with permission of Fat-Alfie (many thx) :)

Hope yah enjoy it! ;)
https://sharemods.com/qnpdcf630x67/monaco_faux_72.7z.html

Gratz for 1000 pages thread! 👍 :gtpflag:

I should have been a second or two slower, this deserved top spot sorry @slider666 :lol:

:gtpflag:

Thank you for your kind words, 917s are my favorite vintage endurance racecars and this is the only way I can do the paintjobs for them.

Once it gets released I want to make sure, that whoever downloads my skin will have a chance to experience the car itself in it's full, race day glory. Obviously the skin of the car is just the small portion of the whole experience, however it feels good to know, that it is as close to the real one as possible.

Walter Näher's book is definitely a charmer, looks just as good on the inside as it does on the cover, I can recommend it (looks grand without the red paper cover as well):
LC5OCnq.jpg

The Gordon Murray book is a nice choice, l love it's minimalistic design approach and the content will be a real joy to read through. 👍
I searched the book hardly today !

About the "Porsche 917" book by Walter Näher, I saw It was published at first in 2014 in german and in english and It exists a new edition brought to us in 2019 (with a different cover for the 50 years)... only in german !

Sure, It exists some used books very expensive in english or less expensive in german and even if my stepdaughter is austrian, I prefer to get it in english.
Well, It's a new goal for this year 2020 ! ^^

I understand so far your passion for the Porsche 917, I explained mine in a previous post here.
I can imagine, as you described previously, the nightmare about the skin and I just can send you the warmest and sincere thanks for sharing your time and your talent on it.
I'm not sure most of the people here will understand why the combination Porsche 917 + Martini liveries stills so "magic" (not only this specific and psychedelic one !), It's simply purely mythic in the racing history.

@MrB00 And the Gulf Liveries too but the "Martini" stills a piece of art... also in rally with Lancia for example.

Anyone happens to have an extension file for the Austin Healey 100s to fix the vertical mirrors? (which I don't recall suffering from during previous CSP versions).

About the "Porsche 917" book by Walter Näher, I saw It was published at first in 2014 in german and in english and It exists a new edition brought to us in 2019 (with a different cover for the 50 years)... only in german !

Sure, It exists some used books very expensive in english or less expensive in german and even if my stepdaughter is austrian, I prefer to get it in english.

I understand so far your passion for the Porsche 917, I explained mine in a previous post here.
I can imagine, as you described previously, the nightmare about the skin and I just can send you the warmest and sincere thanks for sharing your time and your talent on it.
I'm not sure most of the people here will understand why the combination Porsche 917 + Martini liveries stills so "magic" (not only this specific and psychedelic one !), It's simply purely mythic in the racing history.

@MrB00 And the Gulf Liveries too but the "Martini" stills a piece of art... also in rally with Lancia for example.

I love the Gulf livery as much as the Martini liveries and to me they both have their places in the history of racing. I would also like to mention the Jagermeister livery, which also has a long history of being a part of Porsche racing.
I'm glad we are able to recreate these iconic skins in AC and there are talented people here who can do so with such skills and perfection. I don't count myself at that stage yet as I'm still a relative noob when it comes to making skins but having made one Martini skin I know how difficult and time consuming it is to make those classic stripes and do justice to the amazing design.

@PR0JECTNR56 your Psychedelic 917lh skin is looking great, especially with all the enhancements you've made to the model.

Bazza von Dutch
92989348_927088234413992_9023996652792315904_o.jpg

92876214_927087814414034_622797002681352192_o.jpg

!!RELEASED!! April 12 2020;
AC Legends 1973 Porsche RSR 2.8
Of the 1,580 original RS's built, only 55 became the RSR 2.8 race cars. For racing, the Porsche factory introduced code M491, the Renn Sport Rennen (RSR). Porsche took 55 RSH body shells off the line before the engines and transmissions had been fitted and moved them down to a separate factory called Werk 1. This was Porsche’s racing shop and they chose this line to ensure an extremely high standard of preparation for their racing clients.
The 2.8 RSR looks different from a standard 2.7 RS because of its massive fender flares, central oil-cooler air intake, 'duck-tail' wing and ultra-wide Fuchs wheels. While the wider wheels and arches combined with the low air dam to give the RSR a much more aggressive look, the conversion process was much more than just a bunch of tweaks, it was a serious engineering exercise.
Credits:
Model conversion: Mac Ten
Physics: Bazza von Dutch
Enjoy and may the downforce be with you!
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2u3oj4utjfi7rk5/2020_04_12_ac_legends_911_rsr_28_1973.7z/file

RX7 FD '97 by Dan Gaina

92850591_10217069074943410_6737371247111307264_o.jpg

Updated RX7, it's still at 0.9 stage but I've managed to fix:
Driver position
Hands position
Redone 100% interior AO maps and textures
Added colored leather
Fixed engine power
Fixed normals on exterior
Added seatbelts
Fully working instruments
and many more fixes that I don't remember.
As always, I hope you like it!
Link: https://mega.nz/file/kt93wApR#RqEpPpx3-AF_wa56EuJT55x399qBjVpjEiaRn_bNS0U

The Walter Näher book is extremly hard to come by, especially if you are looking for the English version. Originally I started to search for this book around 2-3 years ago, contacted the publisher (even asked if there is a ebook version available for purchase) and a friend of mine also visited the Porsche Museum twice during this time without any luck.

2 weeks ago a used English version popped up on eBay in a good condition from a european seller, I immediately went for it. It has so much exclusive content, which somehow did not find it's way to the internet until this very day, that it makes it a real gem. It features great reference photos, blueprints, race results, stories, driver feedback about the real car etc. - so practically everything that you could use alongside with the photos gathered from the internet to create a decent skin.

I did not even know that the green shapes on the #3 car that I am working on was actually painted with a massive amount of spray cans instead of using a professional factory paint booth and I also love those work in progress photos, which were made in Teloché (a beatiful small french town, where Porsche had a garage to prepare their cars for Le Mans before race day).

Beside of working on this specific car I am also working on updating my desk setup to work more efficently on the skins and learning new techniques to get on better with complex liveries (Martini ones are definitely great at dishing out challenges and they look splendid on the 917s).

I am quite sure that sooner or later you will find an English version as well, just need to be patient (or having a friend in the US / using package forwarding company services could also work) and once again thank you for your kind words and I really appreciate them.

@MrB00 Thank you, these improvements will be also carried over to the other 917LH skin that I am planning to do, once the Martini one is finished.

Last edited:
I was able to get close to 01.46! For me, this is an achievement, because I am not young and not a pro!
P.S. 1000 pages - thank you all for your work! Respect and love you GTPplanet!:gtpflag:

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.04.12 - 20.54.47.34.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.04.12 - 20.54.47.34.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 27
Yes compression is recommended ...set aside a day and a night and let it work it's magic. You will reclaim a lot of hdd space that's for sure

After compressing all cars, whenever I install a new one, do I have to compress the new car aswell?

Congrats GTP! Thank you for a hell of a good site, but... Even more, congrats to all that made and will continue to make possible, this astonishing AC resourse.:bowdown: :gtpflag:👍

Cheers.

RX7 FD '97 by Dan Gaina

92850591_10217069074943410_6737371247111307264_o.jpg

Updated RX7, it's still at 0.9 stage but I've managed to fix:
Driver position
Hands position
Redone 100% interior AO maps and textures
Added colored leather
Fixed engine power
Fixed normals on exterior
Added seatbelts
Fully working instruments
and many more fixes that I don't remember.
As always, I hope you like it!
Link: https://mega.nz/file/kt93wApR#RqEpPpx3-AF_wa56EuJT55x399qBjVpjEiaRn_bNS0U

For those that dont know, must go to inside DATA folder, open the AI.INI and change the
[GEARS]
UP=7600

to a value at least 50 bellow the ENGINE.INI

LIMITER=7200

This is only need if you want the AI move, when green light is up.

After compressing all cars, whenever I install a new one, do I have to compress the new car aswell?

Congrats GTP! Thank you for a hell of a good site, but... Even more, congrats to all that made and will continue to make possible, this astonishing AC resourse.:bowdown: :gtpflag:👍

Cheers.

I don't know if anyone else knows different but personally I don't compress every time I install a car - once every couple of weeks or so seems to do me just fine.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back