Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,800 comments
I have 20 skins for the @Shaun Clarke Radical SR3
Still a few things I'm not happy with. Give me a few more days and I will post them here.

Screenshot_radical_sr3_lhd_ks_brands_hatch_31-5-120-2-52-5.jpg
Screenshot_radical_sr3_lhd_ks_brands_hatch_31-5-120-1-45-56.jpg

Screenshot_radical_sr3_lhd_ks_brands_hatch_31-5-120-2-50-14.jpg

Your Zolder updates look fantastic and with Mascot's skin. Wow. I've noticed a weird thing though tonight on the track. At certain spots on the track, the cars are throwing out a ton of white smoke and seem to be doing a Matrix movie type of slow motion. Has anyone else reported that to you?

Maybe completely irrelevant but do you mean that suddenly cars brake very hard (also the AI ones) and generate that huge amount of smoke and then indeed the slow-mo?
I had the same on other tracks when I installed CSP1.61 (after going back to 1.60 didn't experience it anymore).

This author is doing god's work :bowdown: Codies always does a great job with their fantasy city tracks, but the physics in GRID always leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really glad people are taking notice and converting these tracks to AC, seeing how forgotten the GRID franchise is after the first one. ACU converted a few of them but they have gone quiet as of late, so props to Chiquifreaky for picking up the baton 👍

San Fran - available from Im Wilde (short version) or Chiquifreaky (long version)

:cheers:

@LeGeNd-1, is there any more search information on the short version of San Fran? I can't find it past Chiquifreaky's search results. Or would you mind posting yours?

Maybe completely irrelevant but do you mean that suddenly cars brake very hard (also the AI ones) and generate that huge amount of smoke and then indeed the slow-mo?
I had the same on other tracks when I installed CSP1.61 (after going back to 1.60 didn't experience it anymore).

They don't see to be 'braking' at all when the smoke is generated. The slow-mo thing feels matrix-y because I'm also in slow-mo behind them in the smoke ;). I'm on CSP1.60 because 1.61 was killing my performance in CM and in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "ParanoidDoge, post: 13117507, membro: 308130"] Qualcun altro ha avuto problemi con CM a partire da ieri? È lento come ****, non risponde / si blocca molto e tutte quelle cose piacevoli. Aggiornato ma CSP a 1.52 tre giorni fa, quindi forse c'è una correlazione lì, non lo so. [/ QUOTE]
No, no problem. If you follow my guide (how to install the Shaders Patch) previously posted on the forum, everything works perfectly.

Would someone be able to re-upload Dan Bucsa's recently updated mods.

Cheers.

Also, does anyone that frequents this forum have any of the other Rallyworld, AssettoGarage and Rally Academy cars?

Yeah well was talking about these for the DTM '93 :

15362509392_5155f97763_b.jpg

7f894297046c8f8ff538b0222caad1f3.jpg

Of these the BMW is manageable but I don't know how to make that wing bigger, and the other one exist as private mod from MSC :

48377404_829618777384012_5866749370115817472_o.jpg

Sad times.

Of course the 190E class 1 has to be private, ffs. But i'm not particularly surprised that it will be private. Hopefully we get a public version of the Class 1 190E

Thanks for this upgrade of Zolder. Good job! Now it looks like I really drive/race at the track (which I've done in real life). So realistic!!

Only thing I noticed and not sure it has to do with the track or the cars? When there are tyre marks on the tarmac the shadow on the rear of the car reflects 'strange'. It seems that these tyre textures remain visible despite there is shadow. It pops through the shadow.

It is because the skid marks don't recieve the shadows properly from Fake Shadows FX, the marks are not actually on the track surface so the skid marks can appear brighter than the shadow being cast underneath them. I did kind of go over this here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1081#post-13088401 when talking about something else.
That menu section seems changed now but at least when that 'properly project shadows' tick box was first implemented, I think it was called slightly different, if you turned off that option it made the issue mostly go away but it makes those instances when shadows clip through track noticable again. Not sure what can really be done about it.

Last edited:
Thanks for this upgrade of Zolder. Good job! Now it looks like I really drive/race at the track (which I've done in real life). So realistic!!

Only thing I noticed and not sure it has to do with the track or the cars? When there are tyre marks on the tarmac the shadow on the rear of the car reflects 'strange'. It seems that these tyre textures remain visible despite there is shadow. It pops through the shadow. Hope you understand what I mean?! Maybe one example is better then my sprawl of words ;) See e.g. @0:12 or 0:59

Thanks and that's a very nice video! I see exactly what you mean about the skidmarks, they look a bit disturbing. As someone else pointed out, I think it's a shadow issue with CSP. If you run the same grid and exact same time of day etc of different track, does it still happen? I've not touched any of the road surface or skidmarks from the original release, so not to sure if it's an issue with how they are implemented or just a CSP niggle.

Your Zolder updates look fantastic and with Mascot's skin. Wow. I've noticed a weird thing though tonight on the track. At certain spots on the track, the cars are throwing out a ton of white smoke and seem to be doing a Matrix movie type of slow motion. Has anyone else reported that to you?

Thanks! No one has reported that so far. I have had this myself on random tracks after updating CSP to 1.60 and when my CPU is during high use. I re-installed CSP and I haven't had it happen since, so it may not be to do with the track itself here?

Of course the 190E class 1 has to be private, ffs. But i'm not particularly surprised that it will be private. Hopefully we get a public version of the Class 1 190E

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mercedes-190e-evo-ii-dtm-1993-wip.145706/

I don't know, what happend with that Mercedes 190Evo Class1. Giuseppe Viola (Gvioulspea on Racedepartment, Viola47 on MSC FaceBook) made that car. He show WIP pictures on RD from 2018 Jan to 2019 May.
- He comment the developement, and he took our advices.
- At the end of 2018 he said, that they will organizing a test race, in collaboration with Modders Squadra Corse!
- At 2019 may 1. he said "Soon the release of the mod !!!" and post a new video.
- After that, no new info from the car, and he logged in RB last time at 2019 may 16.

It is strange, that he NEVER say that, it will be only available for the MSC online community....
I think they will be only testing, helping to finish the car.

I saw that Viola47 is making cars for them now. But I didn't find that somebody use that Mercedes 190Evo Class1 in MSC online races. (Mostly I saw Hillclimb races videos, and photos)

What is the actual purpose of this YouTube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/user/turbocarsport/

I have spent months, trying to find out how and where I can download such mods. Unfortunately I can't.

Spent months for searching these crap conversions from Richard Burns Rally? Dude, get a life. There are alot of mods out there which would be worth the searching but not these ones. I wonder why you guys flood this thread nowadays with such requests, have you been abandoned from cs.rin and try to find a new home now since you don´t know where to ask for your scam requests? Sorry and I don´t want to be too offense here but I have a doubt this thread becomes more and more crap each day. Quantity over quality it seems.

Spent months for searching these crap conversions from Richard Burns Rally? Dude, get a life. There are alot of mods out there which would be worth the searching but not these ones. I wonder why you guys flood this thread nowadays with such requests, have you been abandoned from cs.rin and try to find a new home now since you don´t know where to ask for your scam requests? Sorry and I don´t want to be too offense here but I have a doubt this thread becomes more and more crap each day. Quantity over quality it seems.
Simply and well summarized... PERFECT ! 👍

What is the actual purpose of this YouTube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/user/turbocarsport/

I have spent months, trying to find out how and where I can download such mods. Unfortunately I can't.

Most of them are available, here:
https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb

Only some fantasy R5 cars missing, and the Delta HF 4WD.

I'm understand what you want to say, but not totally agreed with you.

- On that YT chanel only some cars converted from RBR, the other half of them come from Dirt.
- A crappy conversion can be updated, see the F1 rework projects here! (1993, 1996)
- If somebody a fan of a car, for example the Fabia WRC, he would like to drive it (or at least try it). And don't want to drive a Subaru instead of Fabia.
- I don't think that 'scam request' is to find a car seen in a video, which is not exactly describe, that the car is part of a "private mod".

Finally,
I tried a lot of rally cars in AssettoCorsa. Maybe in Tarmac there is a good level of the physics, but on snow, and gravel I think RBR is still the best today. The weakest part of RBR was the sound, but some weeks ago, FMOD is integrated to RBR opening a new future of the 16 year old game.

I tried DirtRally 2.0 too. It is better than previous version, the physics is really good. But even with all DLC's, it haven't got so much and various tracks and cars as in RBR.

So I think Rally, and Dakar... is not so suitable for Assetto platform. It is good for Hillclimbing and Circuit Racing, Slaloms.

Most of them are available, here:
https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb

Only some fantasy R5 cars missing, and the Delta HF 4WD.

I'm understand what you want to say, but not totally agreed with you.

- On that YT chanel only some cars converted from RBR, the other half of them come from Dirt.
- A crappy conversion can be updated, see the F1 rework projects here! (1993, 1996)
- If somebody a fan of a car, for example the Fabia WRC, he would like to drive it (or at least try it). And don't want to drive a Subaru instead of Fabia.
- I don't think that 'scam request' is to find a car seen in a video, which is not exactly describe, that the car is part of a "private mod".

Finally,
I tried a lot of rally cars in AssettoCorsa. Maybe in Tarmac there is a good level of the physics, but on snow, and gravel I think RBR is still the best today. The weakest part of RBR was the sound, but some weeks ago, FMOD is integrated to RBR opening a new future of the 16 year old game.

I tried DirtRally 2.0 too. It is better than previous version, the physics is really good. But even with all DLC's, it haven't got so much and various tracks and cars as in RBR.

So I think Rally, and Dakar... is not so suitable for Assetto platform. It is good for Hillclimbing and Circuit Racing, Slaloms.

The rest are here: https://www.facebook.com/AFAssettoCorsaRallyMods/

Those are conversions from Richard Burns Rally. But sadly, the modder has decided to keep them private.

Most of these conversions are a bit shoddy but you know what ? I don't mind them - in fact am glad these cars are available in AC. Helps me keep things organized.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mercedes-190e-evo-ii-dtm-1993-wip.145706/

I don't know, what happend with that Mercedes 190Evo Class1. Giuseppe Viola (Gvioulspea on Racedepartment, Viola47 on MSC FaceBook) made that car. He show WIP pictures on RD from 2018 Jan to 2019 May.
- He comment the developement, and he took our advices.
- At the end of 2018 he said, that they will organizing a test race, in collaboration with Modders Squadra Corse!
- At 2019 may 1. he said "Soon the release of the mod !!!" and post a new video.
- After that, no new info from the car, and he logged in RB last time at 2019 may 16.

It is strange, that he NEVER say that, it will be only available for the MSC online community....
I think they will be only testing, helping to finish the car.

I saw that Viola47 is making cars for them now. But I didn't find that somebody use that Mercedes 190Evo Class1 in MSC online races. (Mostly I saw Hillclimb races videos, and photos)

I can't say for sure but from the looks of it, it could be that one. I'm not sure why we haven't had or heard anything else from the Class 1 190E, it's one of those cars no one even talks about because the W202 C180 overshadows it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back